Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 4, 2017 11:28 AM

Nov 2011
Man, Saionji's like, an idiot, isn't he? He was manipulated so easily I kinda feel bad for him.

The relationships in this series are as messed up as ever. Eww eww eww all around.

Still, the duel was much more interesting than usual. Utena has matured and developed to the point that she has a Sword-of-Dios-like sword within herself, which I find to be significant. Something else I noticed is that with all the messed up crap going on around her, Utena is by far the most pure of the cast. I wonder if that has anything to do with her performance relative to the rest of the cast.

Oh, and it's nice to know that the original shadow act was two people. It would explain how they knew about the duels when Wakaba shouldn't.
Aug 13, 2017 12:40 PM

Apr 2015
So Akio is End of the World. I worry about him living with Anthy and Utena...he has a fiancee and yet it's been implied that he's banging his sister, and it seems like he's trying to seduce Utena.

I'm sure there was some reason for all the guys to have their shirts constantly open that I'll never understand.

Not sure why Saionji bothered with coming back after his homoerotic experience. Utena always wins!
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Aug 15, 2017 2:12 PM
Aug 2014
So will we going though the same order for a third time, this time because of Akio?
At least Utena doesn't have to walk any more and she got a new sword I guess.

Those random baseball inserts weren't annoying at all.

At least Anthy looked to be having second thoughts about whatever evil scheme Akio has cooked up, so that's something.
Oct 27, 2017 1:11 PM

Jun 2017
Saionji gains back his confidence after Akio shows him the magic of sex and drugs. At least, that's what it looks like. Does this mean that all the other duelists will have their own special meeting with Akio?
Oct 31, 2017 2:00 AM

Jul 2011
Generic scenes got little different :o

This time Anthy X her brother incest scene was shown... sick

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Mar 12, 2018 8:28 AM

Jul 2016
So, a car, huh? (INITIAL D INTENSIFIES)

Saionji, get out.

This episode is super-gay, I mean this is Evangelion with lesbians, but still.

An elevator, finally poor Utena won't have to climb millions of stairs to actually duel. The whole sequence is top notch too.

Utena has a sword of her own now, there's probably not going to be any duel where she dual-wields (I believe Anthy of all people is going to use it if that's the case) but I can dream.

So this arc is going to be a duel against a Student Council member once more. Well, at least we'll be able to see some more Touga action.

Hey, a new ending... it's... not that great.

Around the gif~
"It's a big mistake to think you're the only one who can turn into a car"
- Shiori Takatsuki
Mar 29, 2018 11:55 AM
May 2017
I've liked this episode. The quality of the anime, the anthy x utena relationship development, the elevator 'gondola' transformation and the new ending song DID that. Also, the bed scene(s) has such a beautiful homoerotic iconography *_*

episode 25 and Himemiya is unraveling a little bit...
Apr 12, 2018 9:45 AM

Jan 2017
Akio being Utena's prince i didn't see that coming. I thought it was Diosssssssss. This episode felt nice again, i was loosing interesting and pick it up again to find this episode. Aiko's attitude and all the shirtless scenes made me giggle a lot.

I really don't get Anthy at all, it's just...puzzle after puzzle.
SEIZON SENRYAKU: Hungry 100% of the time.
Vzla-IT

Oct 2, 2018 12:13 AM

Aug 2015
I hope this is the last of Saionji. Probably a vain hope, but...

There must be some reason for the structure of this show, but I'm not certain what, except for the fact that Anthy and Utena are more attached than before, and it is shown in the new ascension to the dueling arena.
Jan 19, 2019 12:02 PM

May 2010
I'm quite enjoying the change in pace, new transformation, new sword, some new ideas introduced, about time!

It does feel a little bit like the black rose arc didn't have to be this long, because it didn't change that much in the story... I mean, I do see the changes, like in Utena, I'm just saying it could have been a few episodes shorter.

New ending is pretty good, I do prefer the first one, but this isn't bad either :3
May 29, 2019 3:40 AM

Aug 2017
So many changes in this episode, I don't even know where to start. The sudden lipstick on Utena's, Anthy's and Juri's lips is quite noticeable, should it mean their evolving womanhood?

Also, Anthy's white glasses are scary! Gave me Gendo vibes.
Jul 13, 2019 1:26 PM

Mar 2016
Anthy's long hair <3
Nov 10, 2019 6:26 PM

Jan 2013
I'm liking all the gay stuff...
Feb 8, 2020 10:11 AM

May 2015
This episode made me feel like changing my rating from a 7 to an 8. Because the 2nd arc and now the 3rd arc feel more interesting than the 1st arc. I want to see where the story goes from here. As its nearing its end.
Apr 6, 2020 6:07 PM

Apr 2018
oh so Anthy just keeps her hair up then, only realised this episode she actually has long hair

Rin Asogi
(RIN: Daughters of Mnemosyne)
Apr 13, 2020 6:34 AM

Sep 2014
Sayonji got invited by his 2 friends to "party" but it wasnt the kind of party he expected, turns out they wanted a homoerotic threesome and are high on drugs. Anyway he kept watching and now wants the Bride back to hide his affection for last night.

New ED kinda sucks though
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
May 14, 2020 8:37 AM
Feb 2020
I'm starting to believe all the sexual stuff & innuendos are a metaphor for power. When Saionji came back to dueling, Akio had regained power over him & he has Touga completely under his thumb. (This also is shown in earlier episodes between Saionji & Touga w/ Saionji being devoted to his friend & belief it true friendship. Shown through Touga being dominant in those scenes.)

Then, as Anthy grows closer to Utena, she paused at getting "closer" to her brother, & he in turn grabbed her, wanting to maintain sole power over her decisions & actions. Especially after seeing her dueling with Utena.
Her pause shows she is gaining some independence & has her own feelings & desires, which her brother wants to prevent so she can continue to be his pawn.

3rd: The way that Anty is treated physically by the other characters. Those who wish to possess her and have power over her domineer, while all the physical interactions with Utena are always mutual & symmetrical.
AijaBearMay 14, 2020 8:56 AM
Aug 24, 2020 5:44 PM

May 2018
All of a sudden it seem the boys in this show arent able to keep their shirts on lmao

I will miss the old ed :(

Oct 12, 2020 11:23 PM

Jul 2009
Saionji is back.

Love seeing Utena and Anthy sleeping in the same bed :)

Lol, Ootori being in front of that vehicle at high speed. Guess this will be the main theme convincing others on dueling again.

Was expecting new duelists, but won't be surprised if we get to have everyone facing once more.

Also new ED!!!
Dec 22, 2020 11:51 AM

Aug 2018
I'm enjoying these more trippy episodes. Not sure why nobody could keep their shirts on though.
_______I like rocks__
Jan 22, 2021 11:53 AM

Nov 2018
Himemiya actually seems to care about Utena now :)
She finally seems more human and less fake to me.
I hate everyone equally
Apr 26, 2021 11:09 PM

Jul 2016
New entrance to the duels arena gives you some sensual glossy lips as well as a more homoerotic transformation, it seems.

Also lmao! Saionji got re-introduced in the series just to embarrass himself once again. And given that Wakaba acts as if the whole Black Rose Saga never happened, I still wonder why that arc had to be so damn long.

Anyways, interesting episode overall. Glad they finally decided to give attention to Utena and Anthy's underdeveloped relationship. Anthy finally showed some vestige of autonomy as well as desires of her own but of course, that's a no-no for Akio who went from "questionably loving" older brother to rapey onii-san in the span of an episode.

So Akio is supposedly Utena's prince, huh? Yeah, I refuse to believe that.

P.S.: It seems all Touga needed to leave his 12-episode-long depression behind was to have an experience with Akio's "throbbing engine". Okay.
Aug 17, 2021 5:41 PM
Nov 2020
How is everybody shocked at the ‘homoerotic undertones’ this is literally a yuri anime what do Yall expect... lmfao if u don’t like lgbt why r u watching this in the first place (also u suck)
Aug 17, 2021 5:43 PM
Nov 2020
Stringed said:
I'm kinda surprised at how many people watched this within the past 5 years or so and were surprised by the lesbianism. Utena has a reputation for that. That's why I'm here. The only thing I'm finding uncomfortable is all of the incest-y stuff with Akio and Anthy. Especially this time since it was a lot more rape-ish and more explicit.

EXACTLY Like do they not know this is literally a lesbian anime?? Wasn’t it blatantly obvious from the intro?? Why r they even watching it in the first place if they don’t like that... weirdos
Sep 25, 2021 7:05 PM
Jul 2018
So, Akio uses rape as a way to maintain and strengthen his power over Anthy (his only 14 year old sister .....), now, in this episode, he acted violently by taking her in his arms after seeing that even without Dios' sword, she can bring another one with her magic and help Utena win the duel.

And yes, I'm in love with the new entry of duels and the new ending ♥
Mar 25, 2022 6:02 AM

Jan 2022
This episode was great, love the new animation to the duel arena- glad they kept the apocalypse song but changed it a little too. Also, Anthy's hair looks so pretty when its down- whats with the colour change though?? went from bright to deep purple lmao

Seeing all these comments made me realise Anthy and Utena are only 14- this whole time I was assuming they were somewhere around 16-18, neither of them look 14 at all but still it makes this whole anime so much weirder if they are

Saionji's still a creep, tired of him coming back. Akio's a creep too, the way he has a fiance, is hitting on utena and raping his sister?.. Both of them should be locked up.
Sep 1, 2022 3:37 PM
Sep 2021
QUE EPISÓDIO FOI ESSE?? TO CHOCADA!! MUITAS REVELAÇÕES BOMBÁSTICAS!!
Sep 10, 2022 2:46 PM
Oct 2020
YOOOOOOOOO?????
Dec 14, 2022 4:49 PM
Jan 2018
I loved seeing Anthy decide for herself to work together with Utena during that duel. This was a great ep for them and their friendship. I want Anthy to do what she wants and not just be a pawn in some game.
Akio & Anthy's relationship is disturbing and I'm looking forward to how it may change going forward.
Dec 25, 2022 6:53 AM

Dec 2022
First, I enjoyed VictimOfFate's interpretation.

In the beginning, why is Wakaba standing in a hole in the middle of the tower? 💀 Is the only way to visit Kaoi to climb up the tower? 💀 I see no stairs whatsoever.

Saionji, darling, what do you mean you don't want to participate in duels anymore? In episode two, Utena participates in a duel just to not be expelled. You've just returned to school, do you want to leave again?

Akio, Utena's 14 and you have a girlfriend...

Ah, Saionji is back to business, slapping people left and right. Classic.

Akio, STAHP, SHE'S YOUR SISTER and also fourteen!!
Alice_HuxleyDec 25, 2022 11:43 AM
May 6, 2023 9:59 AM
Jul 2018
That whole car ride with Touga, Saionji and Akio was going for eroticism and it was sooo unnecessary.
Poor Anthy. What exactly is her role in all this. Akio is the king of creeps, I swear!
May 24, 2023 12:57 AM

Jun 2017
the new sequence is fucking awesome
Jul 18, 2023 4:03 PM
Feb 2023
the homoeroticism undertone in this episode is insane (especially during that car ride) but i honestly wish they could go all the way and make those men in love with each other so they could finally leave my girlies alooone (yes i am mainly watching this for the lesbianism and i am totally ignoring anthy sleeping with her brother....)
bloomeringJul 18, 2023 4:10 PM
Nov 25, 2023 5:50 AM

Apr 2017
Reply to Ymirslvr
How is everybody shocked at the ‘homoerotic undertones’ this is literally a yuri anime what do Yall expect... lmfao if u don’t like lgbt why r u watching this in the first place (also u suck)
@Ymirslvr It kind of reminds me of when I was reading a fanfic about two guys, and one of the commentators would like "by the way, when will you progress the relationship of main MC and side FC?" ... Ma'am... You're reading a yaoi fanfic... What did you expect? LMAO!
Feb 21, 4:26 PM
Oct 2019
THIS WAS SUCH A GOOD EPISODE. Wow. The new transformation sequence is amazing. Apparently everyone has made a pact with the devil, maybe even without realizing it :0
Mar 4, 5:31 AM

Aug 2021
i dont think ive ever screamed this loud during an anime episode
uhhh and that new outro too i couldnt even move and then they hit me with that fr
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Revolutionary Girl Utena Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Alicia3000 - Apr 25, 2009

53 by LLG »»
Apr 17, 1:18 AM

Poll: » Revolutionary Girl Utena Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Alicia3000 - Apr 25, 2009

59 by Barrou2a »»
Mar 30, 2:09 PM

Poll: » Revolutionary Girl Utena Episode 34 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Alicia3000 - May 2, 2009

63 by zaverix »»
Mar 21, 10:36 AM

Poll: » Revolutionary Girl Utena Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Alicia3000 - Apr 8, 2009

77 by Superkitty21 »»
Mar 19, 9:15 PM

» Looking for a good explanation video

LoveYourEyes - Mar 19

3 by 1coolgirl2b »»
Mar 19, 9:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.