Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 25, 2009 5:41 AM

Jul 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Maybe I'm just spoiled by the really good kodomo and young-audience shoujo series out there, but I wasn't hugely impressed by this episode. It seemed very uninspired, like the creators just sat down and stuck together whatever story they thought of first. Then again, this is pretty much an extended toy add, so I shouldn't be too surprised.

The pelican postman reminded me of Animal Crossing. I wonder if it's based on some kind of Japanese saying or legend?

oh, these little earthquakes
Apr 26, 2009 12:21 AM

May 2008
mmmmm this show is ok but it reminds me of shugo chara for some reason

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Oct 25, 2010 10:33 PM

Feb 2008
except shugo shara is probably more watchable than this. after watching this episode not really sure what to think. the dialogue and character interactions seem all choppy. its almost painful to watch. not to mention the color scheme is really annoying....
Oct 6, 2013 3:25 PM
Jan 2013
this episode felt really rushed. i'm not hugely impressed by this anime so far. we'll see how this goes.
Apr 6, 2016 2:50 PM

Mar 2011
Pretty interesting start! Looks like this story will be even crazier than Mirmo's.
May 26, 2016 7:37 AM

May 2016
Well, as much of a sucker as I was for Jewelpet Tinkle, I just knew I was gonna LOVE this~! Well, I wouldn't say I did. It was alright and all, but it could have been better. I like how in Jewelpet Tinkle, Jewelland was some kind of sacred secret that Akari couldn't even tell her own MOTHER about. In this, it was just, "I'll tell you, oh and your random friend, oh and your pretty dense mother and just hope the secret doesn't get out." The pink haired princess has the cliche "I have a high responsibility, but I'm not responsible at all" personality, but she's actually my 2nd favorite character, right now, which you would know is sad if you knew how serious I am in real life. I don't really like the main character. She should be happy she's not the Usagi type (OMG! LATE FOR SCHOOL! EAT TOAST WHILE I RUN EVEN THOUGH IT'S A CHOKING HAZARD! OH, LOOK, I GET ALL F'S AND VIRTUALLY SUCK AT EVERYTHING, AND WAS SOMEHOW PICKED TO BE SOME SORT OF HEROINE), she's actually smart, yet she takes it for granted. So far, my fave character is her black-haired friend (what do you know? The names aren't memorable, either. XD). Ruby is a little bit more annoying then I remember, too. JUST BECOME A JEWEL! YOU'RE GETTING IN THE WAY! And the way she conned the main character so ruthlessly, she never did to Akari as far as I remember. Ruby was honest with Akari that her magic wasn't that great, with this main character it's "Oh, I'm gonna tell a huge lie. My magic will work tomorrow!" Also, pink haired cat is annoying, but she's that way in both seasons.
Insert awesome anime quote by my favorite character, here.
Oct 3, 2017 7:46 AM

May 2017
Man I feel nostalgic. Nice 1st ep.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jewelpet Episode 12 Discussion

Frezlaj - Apr 27, 2016

2 by sleepyyjax »»
Feb 16, 6:50 AM

Poll: » Jewelpet Episode 6 Discussion

Gree - May 22, 2015

3 by denpagirl »»
Oct 6, 2023 1:55 PM

Poll: » Jewelpet Episode 7 Discussion

Frezlaj - Apr 20, 2016

1 by sleepyyjax »»
Oct 6, 2023 3:36 AM

Poll: » Jewelpet Episode 21 Discussion

p4ssionyoung - Dec 14, 2022

0 by p4ssionyoung »»
Dec 14, 2022 1:56 PM

Poll: » Jewelpet Episode 47 Discussion

Frezlaj - Sep 14, 2020

0 by Frezlaj »»
Sep 14, 2020 12:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.