Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 23, 2009 7:07 PM

Feb 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lot of action sex and crime! Well the action is the only thing I like in this episode, nice ending for the first one.
Sep 5, 2011 1:21 PM
Aug 2010
Was that switch in language halfway through part of it or just a bad collating of videos? I know the guy Sawa was assassinating was meant to be a hollywood actor but her screams sounded pretty American at that point as well.
May 31, 2012 7:28 AM

Oct 2009
Sa ... wa.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 6, 2012 11:38 PM

Jun 2010
I recently watched this again after first seeing it about ten years ago. My memory of it turns out to have been fuzzy.

I recalled that Sawa deliberately killed the wrong brother in sudden flash of conscience (awakened due to her actually having a positive relationship with another person) but having just watched it again it seems more like she genuinely confused them or was just given the wrong target, as she says later.

If that's the case, what's the narrative function of this sequence? Akai's an asshole to her about the whole thing later but neither Sawa nor the audience needed yet another reason to hate that guy. Does it have a purpose? When the whole thing's only 45 minutes long, every scene needs to be serve at least some purpose, even if it's an action scene.
Dec 1, 2013 9:53 AM

May 2012
I first watched this as it was a hentai and expected a bit more sex scenes so I didn't really cared about the actually story, but I've yesterday seen the sequel of this and it got my so amazed that I just had to rewatch this! And well it sure was worth it as the story of this sure was lovely! Lets see what the second episode has to offer!
Mar 8, 2014 2:42 PM

Apr 2012
why did they jump out the window

??????
Jun 10, 2015 3:09 PM

Apr 2013
Blood-check
Action-check
Sex-check

The good old 90's.
Jun 15, 2015 8:36 AM

Feb 2008
Were those two guys supposed to be Bruce Willis?

It was alright for an action violence OVA.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Jul 16, 2016 7:22 PM

May 2015
Damn, so a young Kanie was the one who killed her parents... meaning she was set up from the beginning by Akai those bastards!
Aug 18, 2016 12:57 AM
Apr 2016
Hey,is the ova on kissanime censored or uncencored???
Dec 29, 2016 3:53 AM

Sep 2013
Anilinkz.com has it uncensored. I enjoyed the first episode. Really surprised it isn't scored higher. I guess it's considered a hentai, though there is so much more to it than just the few sex scenes.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jan 23, 2017 2:12 AM

Aug 2007
Fronzel said:
I recalled that Sawa deliberately killed the wrong brother in sudden flash of conscience (awakened due to her actually having a positive relationship with another person) but having just watched it again it seems more like she genuinely confused them or was just given the wrong target, as she says later.

If that's the case, what's the narrative function of this sequence? Akai's an asshole to her about the whole thing later but neither Sawa nor the audience needed yet another reason to hate that guy. Does it have a purpose? When the whole thing's only 45 minutes long, every scene needs to be serve at least some purpose, even if it's an action scene.

I was curious about this as well, but after finishing it, I couldn't really piece together why it had her accidentally kill the wrong target.

Feb 5, 2017 4:29 AM
Jul 2018
I watched this for the first time about 5 years ago and loved it. The one thing I remember is thinking how awesome it was. As for this second viewing...it wasn't anywhere near as awesome. The action and gore just didn't have the same effect on me as when I was younger. The good news is that I wasn't bored at all. Surprisingly, the thing I liked the most was seeing Sawa stand on a rooftop after killing that guy in the elevator. Lastly, the English dub was okay for most of the episode. I didn't like what I heard during the bathroom scene though (as in the dub's quality suddenly dropped).
Feb 23, 2017 4:36 AM
Apr 2009
Anyone know where i can find this anime in english dub or sub?
Oct 4, 2017 12:11 PM
Oct 2017
1/10

It's a love-hate Anime, and I hate it.
Mar 19, 2019 12:06 PM

Sep 2018
kinda meh about this one so far. A lot of sex and violence with no real substance. Mezzo Forte was much better, not sure why this one gets all the attention.
Jan 20, 2020 8:41 PM
Jul 2018
Why is it called "A Kite"? All I've got is because her diamond-shaped earring are also technically shaped like (if 2D:) kites.
Apr 10, 2020 5:48 AM

Mar 2020
I'm gonna give my cat some Pringles
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Jan 8, 2022 9:28 AM

Aug 2020
Wow, I can see now why this is one of the most popular 90's hentai/anime ever. The animation quality is amazing and the dark plot just keeps hooking you in. The action scenes especially are pretty detailed and bloody. My favourite part was that shootout in the public toilet. I thought that Sawa's bullets were ridiculously explosive but when suddenly that one bodyguard with a handgun started shooting bullets that exploded like some fucking grenades I was like "Daaaam, how much explosive firepower can you pack into a single bullet!?". I like how that last bodyguard was pretty much already dead but at least he still tried to take Sawa down with him by jumping out of the window with her. It's weird to root for someone fighting the main character but that guy had some serious dedication and I can respect that. The H scenes were kinda disturbing by how creepy and uncomfortable they were. However I gotta say that from visual standpoint these were still some of the most detailed and smoothly animated sex scenes I have every seen in 90's hentai.

Overall a very interesting episode all things considered. The animation quality is one of the best from the 90's. Even though the H scenes are very explicit they are kinda uncomfortable to watch so it's only a matter of opinion whether you think they are enjoyable or not.
Currently on a every hentai ever marathon, from oldest to newest.
Mar 28, 2022 6:21 AM

Mar 2015
It's an alright show so far!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Nov 27, 2022 6:42 AM
Nov 2022
Pretty good and loved the art style
Feb 16, 9:10 PM

Feb 2011
Poor animation, so-so plot. Not awful, but not very good either.

There are two types of anime - almost as good as Elfen Lied, and not as good as Elfen Lied.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kite Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MaxCrazy7 - Apr 23, 2009

50 by oraha12 »»
Dec 4, 2023 4:42 PM

» Amazing action scene quality, looking for more like this.

Zarutaku - Nov 13, 2023

1 by Theo1899 »»
Nov 13, 2023 12:30 PM

» "Sex scenes were necessary to the story"

Blackouting - Mar 8, 2014

27 by LoveLikeBlood »»
Dec 18, 2022 4:53 AM

» LAME ass ending

mugwump - Jun 17, 2008

33 by DiegoNotChill »»
Sep 6, 2022 4:03 PM

» So who's here from Dr Henti's video

nhl2004 - Aug 5, 2021

14 by E2WHvX6yZPFHNCed »»
Nov 12, 2021 6:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.