Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
K-ON!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 24, 2009 2:34 PM

Jul 2008

LOL XD , quite creative ..
Apr 24, 2009 3:08 PM

Jul 2008
That was some epic cuteness episode. <3
Mugi's sand castle was literally, a castle. o_o; <claps>
Yui's bedhead...amazing how she can tame it back down.
Ritsu's shiny forehead = win.

But most of all...MIO.WAS.SO.DAMN.CUTE. She's like a one-man puppy licking show.
Bleed for me.

Apr 24, 2009 3:13 PM

Oct 2008
Soo much overload this episode. Moe Moe Kyun~ At least there was some music, and when did Yui get so good... Perfect pitch > chords, I suppose. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Coalguys subbed it as vibrato when it's bending. That kinda bugged me.
Apr 24, 2009 3:18 PM

Sep 2008
oh..mio was just too awsome and miedo fuku / misugi
+ yui saiajin form and her being able to play the guitar so well (unexpected so fast)
ritsu to yui scenes =)

i could get a nosebleed for this show
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Apr 24, 2009 3:30 PM

Jun 2007
Ritsu's forehead xD

er... nice episode
Apr 24, 2009 3:40 PM

Aug 2008
Ah, vibrato... I'm not a guitarist, but I am a violinist. It reminds me when I first learned how to play with vibrato; I thought it was hard >.<

Other than that, even for slice of life anime, I don't like beach-resort episodes so much... maybe it's because I'm not a fan of fanservice.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Apr 24, 2009 3:47 PM

Sep 2008
Mio FTW!!!

Apr 24, 2009 3:51 PM

Oct 2007
ClearSinz said:

LOL XD , quite creative ..

lol, first thing that came to mind when i was watching
Apr 24, 2009 3:59 PM
Aug 2008

^^^
I loled, poor Mio.
Great episode! Loved all the win moeness and cant wait for their live!
Apr 24, 2009 4:02 PM

May 2008
lol nice episode , yui finally can play the guitar woohoo

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Apr 24, 2009 4:28 PM

Sep 2008
obligatory beach episode: check.
well didnt expect it to be this early, but had to happen because of the time frame between episodes.

what truly surprised me is, yui actually playing well. to a song she only heard once too. mustve practiced a lot. (can assume she isnt getting high marks on the tests anymore, lol.)

this episode will increase mio fans probably. cant really complain much about it, theres just too much mio in this episode, lol.
Apr 24, 2009 5:05 PM

Sep 2008
Wile said:

She actually says choking (Engrish), which is bending, and necessary for the joke with Ritsu holding Yui. Coal generally aren't in the Top 10 of TL quality ^^;

I see, I see. Well that joke just made alot more sense. xD

This was a great episode. Yui and Ritsu were hilarious!
Apr 24, 2009 5:07 PM

Aug 2007
OMG, I just realized something. Mio-chan is left-handed!

I'm left-handed!

WE HAVE A CONNECTION! 8DDDDDDDDDDDD
Apr 24, 2009 5:11 PM
Mar 2008
Moe Moe Kyun~
MIO IS <3

On another note, WTF why is Yui so good at guitar all of a sudden o_o
Apr 24, 2009 5:11 PM

Apr 2009
moe moe kyun!
best ever~!
PM me and let's be friends.
Apr 24, 2009 5:53 PM

Jul 2008
so much for training! but it seems we did learn a few things, mio is afraid of the supernatural and barnacles, migo is super rich (more than just rich), and yui can pretty much replicate music she heard albeit not as well though
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Apr 24, 2009 5:57 PM
Nov 2007
so much mio in this ep, lol.

ahh all the guitar yui parts were radd :]
Apr 24, 2009 6:16 PM

Feb 2008
Very mediocre. Even for an obligatory beach episode.
Apr 24, 2009 6:28 PM
Oct 2007
Title of episode should of been "All About Mio's Moeness".
Apr 24, 2009 6:50 PM

Feb 2009
Haha another good ep
Apr 24, 2009 6:59 PM

Sep 2008
Bah! There's too much stuff to comment on about this episode that all I could say to sum it up would be: "The pinnacle of moe!" My cheeks were tired by the end of the show coz I couldn't wipe a huge smile off my face. I loved this episode.
"It's because you exist.. That I'm here right now.."
Apr 24, 2009 7:00 PM

Apr 2008
Alright, obligatory beach episode where the hint of music was shot down in a ball of flames to only be done in 5 seconds. I really still can't see the charm of this show. It's not really that funny and I don't see it as too cute either. At least Lucky Star was really funny and so was Haruhi but this, don't know

Maybe it doesn't help I've been watching quite a few 90s anime of late and just can't get into the overwhelmingly colorful palletes of the show.
Apr 24, 2009 7:03 PM

Feb 2008
martin03345: K-ON! is about moe, Lucky Star was about comedy, Haruhi about sci-fi/romance/comedy. Maybe you just don't like/get moe.

Then again, you might just be gay (kidding :)
Apr 24, 2009 7:05 PM

Jul 2008
moe moe kyun?!

Loved the episode :D

Apr 24, 2009 7:11 PM

May 2008
martin03345 said:
Alright, obligatory beach episode where the hint of music was shot down in a ball of flames to only be done in 5 seconds. I really still can't see the charm of this show. It's not really that funny and I don't see it as too cute either. At least Lucky Star was really funny and so was Haruhi but this, don't know

Maybe it doesn't help I've been watching quite a few 90s anime of late and just can't get into the overwhelmingly colorful palletes of the show.

I can see where you're coming from with this. I see the same shortcoming that you mentioned.

I can't really agree with the 'not really that funny' after this ep though, since this ep was pretty damn funny. It's still far from reaching the meme-spawning power of Lucky Star, but I think the fun is just getting started. I expect great things in the coming episodes.

kuroshiroi said:
martin03345: K-ON! is about moe

... and this.

I am a banana.
Apr 24, 2009 7:25 PM

Jan 2009
Hah K-On! always leave me wanting more. Anyway I don't know why the fuck you guys use LS and K-On! on the same sentence, but that pisses me off, is true that LS had some cleverly jokes, but thats all, it was bored as fuck to me and it will be never at the same level of moe as K-On!

Anyway, i loved the Yui+Ritsu jokes against Mio, i laughed as hell.
This one cracked me up.

And the B-side of the tape was fucking roflcopterloltastic. I puked out of my nose some of my icecream.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Apr 24, 2009 7:45 PM

Oct 2008
To be the pillow in that picture...
Apr 24, 2009 8:18 PM

Jul 2007
I think I'm starting to get attached to Ritsu; I actually find her believable.

I love how near the beginning of the episode, they pretty much said, "Hey guys, let's figure out which stereotypical moe slice-of-life thing to do!" And then proceed to do several. This show is nothing if not honest about what it's trying to be.

oh, these little earthquakes
Apr 24, 2009 8:21 PM

Apr 2008
kuroshiroi said:
martin03345: K-ON! is about moe, Lucky Star was about comedy, Haruhi about sci-fi/romance/comedy. Maybe you just don't like/get moe.

Then again, you might just be gay (kidding :)

I guess I don't get or like moe or I'm gay.

I don't understand how that could be a sticking point for a show. It's not anywhere near having depth but is overall a shallow thing to sit and cherish. At least with comedy it takes wit to come up with and other dynamics. I understand the genres of Haruhi and Lucky Star but from what I've seen, K-ON! is suppose to have comedy as well as music and not just oh that was cute, and Mio's so cute, etc.

Has the episodes in my mind been progressively better? For the most part yeah. I got over the animation quality fast and the 2nd and 3rd episode had some laughable moments but for the most part this show is near being a bore and it's sad too because I was looking forward to this show quite a bit
Apr 24, 2009 9:33 PM

Sep 2008
Jello, Fuck Yeah.
Apr 24, 2009 9:47 PM

Aug 2008
martin03345 said:

I guess I don't get or like moe or I'm gay.

I don't understand how that could be a sticking point for a show. It's not anywhere near having depth but is overall a shallow thing to sit and cherish. At least with comedy it takes wit to come up with and other dynamics. I understand the genres of Haruhi and Lucky Star but from what I've seen, K-ON! is suppose to have comedy as well as music and not just oh that was cute, and Mio's so cute, etc.

Has the episodes in my mind been progressively better? For the most part yeah. I got over the animation quality fast and the 2nd and 3rd episode had some laughable moments but for the most part this show is near being a bore and it's sad too because I was looking forward to this show quite a bit

I agree whole-heartedly with a lot of what you said. There are snippets of good comedy here and there in the episodes, but besides, that the show seems like Lucky Star without the funny, which leaves us with many of the cliches that come with the genre and Konata talking about moe.

Though I think calling a whole entire genre "moe" is ridiculous, this could possibly be the first in that genre, where the pure level of entertainment is solely based off of "how cute can we make these bobble heads act/look, and then point it out to you." There surely is no subtlety in that, and it really does make me wonder how people could find an episode like this entertaining.

But then again, I'm gay, what do I know?
Apr 24, 2009 10:14 PM

Feb 2009
For me, it's not about cuteness or moe - Mio is just a lot cooler and more likeable than the rest of the cast combined. (She carries the show, IMO)

Apr 24, 2009 10:28 PM

Jan 2009
I feel like one of the only ones who feels this show is overrated, i just don't get all the hype about it. i agree with martin03345 and noteDhero, this show lacks whatever would make it more entertaining; better humour, umm, the band playing together maybe... they spent their manditory "moe" beach vacation doing a "training camp" without making any music at all... it seems a little anticlimactic and boring to me, I've seen the whole group of friends goes to the beach thing before, give me something new.

however, somehow the show is growing on me, i'll keep watching.
Apr 25, 2009 12:05 AM

Apr 2008
I mean I knew this show wouldn't be serious at all but I thought there'd be quite a bit of music thrown in there as well with goofy antics and such but hasn't happened. I mean when the first episode has a Jeff Beck reference, things were looking up even though it was lack luster but it hasn't redeemed itself yet
Apr 25, 2009 12:15 AM

Mar 2009
Moe Moe Kyun!!!! Best Epi Yet!!! I still can't stop smiling, Mio is The Greatest Female Anime Character Ever!!! I just wish there was more music, but it's great anticipation, waiting until they rock out!!! K-ON! FTW!! Urahara Out!!
Apr 25, 2009 12:49 AM

Nov 2007
Loved this episode, the part where she played the guitar with the fireworks behind her then reenacted the video was awesome, but Mio still takes the cake for being the best character in K-ON no doubt about it xD
Apr 25, 2009 1:31 AM

Sep 2008
your joking i'm one of only 4 who hated or disliked this ep? 105 loved it??? (as when i post this). This episode was seriously one of the worst anime episodes i've ever seen. Tons of overdone jokes in this episode that i've seen tons of times, but unlike the other ones these ones weren't funny. Most of the episode was just them mucking around in swimsuits which was completely boring. Unlike the last ep which was actually funny this one wasen't at all. Yui and Ritsu were just plain stupid the entire episode. When they actually got to playing they were 'too tired' ffs. They should start playing something already. Cmon as soon as Yui was learning how to bend it became a joke. There was seriously nothing even decent about this episode. NOTHING.
Apr 25, 2009 3:00 AM

Oct 2007
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 25, 2009 3:52 AM

Oct 2007
velcom said:
your joking i'm one of only 4 who hated or disliked this ep? 105 loved it??? (as when i post this). This episode was seriously one of the worst anime episodes i've ever seen. Tons of overdone jokes in this episode that i've seen tons of times, but unlike the other ones these ones weren't funny. Most of the episode was just them mucking around in swimsuits which was completely boring. Unlike the last ep which was actually funny this one wasen't at all. Yui and Ritsu were just plain stupid the entire episode. When they actually got to playing they were 'too tired' ffs. They should start playing something already. Cmon as soon as Yui was learning how to bend it became a joke. There was seriously nothing even decent about this episode. NOTHING.

Oh come now, it wasn't THAT bad. Sure just about every aspect of this episode was forced, shamelessly derivative and pretty much all about the moe with some extremely vague references to the fact that this is supposed to be music related, but that's pretty much par for the course with this show. It's pretty clear that it's not trying to be anything else then this and that it's only the die hard Kyoani and moe fans again that are making it out like it's something extra special and outstanding. Episode was okay and tolerable, 3/5 like the rest of them.
PeacingOutApr 25, 2009 3:58 AM
Apr 25, 2009 3:55 AM

Oct 2008
velcom said:

Obvious troll is obvious
Apr 25, 2009 4:03 AM

Sep 2008
hello1357 said:
velcom said:

Obvious troll is obvious

lol pathetic, just cause i said it was bad I'm trolling? Those are my actual opinions on this episode. I actually enjoyed the other 3 in some way. Have you seen Azumanga? you could technically say this episode ripped it off entirely. Plus i've seen this stuff in many anime. It's practically a clone. This anime is meant to be about music but all they do is try to avoid it. This show still has no direction.
Apr 25, 2009 4:06 AM

Dec 2008
hello1357 said:
Obvious troll is obvious

Go back to 4chan.
「Godspeed You! Black Emperor」
Apr 25, 2009 4:18 AM

Jul 2008
hello1357 said:
velcom said:

Obvious troll is obvious

Breaking news : 12 y.o. disagrees with forum user
LEGENDOFTHEGALACTICHEROESLEGENDOFTHEGALACTI
Apr 25, 2009 5:29 AM
Oct 2007
I admit i wouldn't be too impressed if yui was a prodigy in guitar..

But somehow, despite what everyone's been saying, i don't think yui has a perfect pitch. It feels too me that she heard that song before and practised it abit, thus being suprised when she heard it and perhaps told mugi that she can play some part of it. Maybe Ui taught her to play.
Apr 25, 2009 5:32 AM

Dec 2008
Kyoto anim. awesome job again, sweet
Apr 25, 2009 5:38 AM

Jan 2009
though I'm not sure, weird thing happened in Japan, so let me notice you

K-ON OP & ED song won the FIRST and SECOND rank in Japanese CD sells at 4/25

or rather, J-POPs were defeated by Anime...
Hana-keiApr 25, 2009 5:41 AM
Apr 25, 2009 5:41 AM

Oct 2008
Lepchin17 said:
I loved this episode! :D

And btw....anybody know why Yui's sister was afraid to wake her up? This is why.

Super Saiyan Yui? x'D
Apr 25, 2009 6:09 AM

Oct 2008
Hannah-Hime said:
Mio = Moe Moe Kyun~ ♥

loved that xD <3

Apr 25, 2009 6:27 AM

Feb 2008
noteDhero said:
Though I think calling a whole entire genre "moe" is ridiculous, this could possibly be the first in that genre, where the pure level of entertainment is solely based off of "how cute can we make these bobble heads act/look, and then point it out to you." There surely is no subtlety in that, and it really does make me wonder how people could find an episode like this entertaining.

But then again, I'm gay, what do I know?
This made me laugh :)

It's interesting that there are these completely opposite opinions. It seems people either 'get it' and find it funny or don't. I'm not exactly sure what there is to get but...

In any case, it seems it was a mistake to expect plot and/or music in K-ON!.
Apr 25, 2009 6:52 AM
Apr 2009
please i want to watch it
i can't found the episodes>>>hlep me :(
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

game8910 - Jun 4, 2009

233 by The_Neeko »»
Apr 1, 8:37 AM

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Veronin - Apr 2, 2009

598 by piratini »»
Mar 16, 1:58 AM

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DaBigD - Jun 25, 2009

344 by bubba460z »»
Mar 3, 3:22 PM

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Jun 18, 2009

314 by bubba460z »»
Mar 3, 2:59 PM

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

DaBigD - Jun 11, 2009

199 by bubba460z »»
Mar 3, 2:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.