Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 27, 2007 5:58 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow. Again. It really hit me again when I noticed that Chihiro had forgotten about everything again. =/

Was a great episode, everything was displayed so well. Miyako's detroyed world for instance. The preview with her was interesting, I'm looking forward to more!

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Nov 27, 2007 6:17 PM

Jan 2007
that was awesome. the confrontation at the beginning with Miyako and Kei was great again. And that last part with Chihiro was just wow. these next 4 weeks will be a blast.
Nov 27, 2007 6:18 PM

Jul 2007
When it reached to the Renji part, it suprised me. When it reached far into Miyako's part, someone knocked on my door and jolted me senseless.

I think the story's spiraling now hehe :P That or they're just good at suspense.
Nov 27, 2007 8:28 PM

Apr 2007
Well I'm glad to see that Miyako is back to her normal self. I can't wait to see how it ends.
Nov 27, 2007 8:30 PM

Jun 2007
OMG just when you think that last weeks episode was awesome they bust out with this weeks episode
awesome
last week because of miyako and now this week because of chihiro
just great that miyako is back
Nov 27, 2007 8:41 PM

Jun 2007
Ahhhh...Too much Chihiro!!! I want more Miyako!!! ~.~
Nov 27, 2007 9:29 PM

Feb 2007
CHIHIRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think miyako is 'back to her normal self'.

she might break down or.. something's going to happen.

watch kei like camera guy :P
Nov 27, 2007 9:30 PM

Oct 2007
Simply lovely episode, it did not give me Chills as last time, but we were show a 'behind the scenes' of Chihiro. We all knew what was going on, but we never accepted it!!!
Nov 27, 2007 11:24 PM

Jun 2007
really good ep. It goes to show how much Chihiro is trying to keep her memory's of Renji, it must be love.

When she was pulling out her book at 3am, there was that quick flash back of her kiss confession. It seemed like that event triggered something in her head. I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up slowly remembering him later on even though shes back to square one.

PS. so the guy thats taking care of Chihiro is related to her and her sister? Cool, updating my relationship chart.

Relationship chart:
DeathfireDNov 27, 2007 11:49 PM
Nov 28, 2007 12:04 AM

Dec 2006
when i had the same condition as chihiro (after a car wreck for about 2 months) i was able to remember some things longer than a day if there was a very powerful emotion involved (like fear). dunno about love. but if they do do it at least for me it won't be just like they're pulling it out of their ass or something. raised the show to a 9 after this ep. consistent enough for now. miyako already on fave chars list.
Nov 28, 2007 12:50 AM

Aug 2007
dam, i got chills when chihiro screamed at the end..
Nov 28, 2007 1:34 AM

Nov 2007
This is one of the few shows of its type where I feel really sorry for the male leads. Renji is in love with a wreck of a human being (even if she's incredibly moe), while whomever wins in the love struggle between Miyako and Kei, Hirono loses.

Nov 28, 2007 3:51 AM

Oct 2007
I was really surprised at the beginning when Kei said what Miyako is going to say. Makes me wonder when the prologue is going to enter in the story.

The story keeps surprising me, it keeps getting better and better.

My kingdom for a bottle of plum juice!
Nov 28, 2007 5:40 AM

Apr 2007
DeathfireD said:
PS. so the guy thats taking care of Chihiro is related to her and her sister? Cool, updating my relationship chart.

Maybe they just knew each other before, not exactly related?

Now this was a sad episode. Chihiro truly loves Renji and didn't want to forget about him, but the truth about her problem is stronger than her will to love and remember Renji. It's so sad for both of them, I was expecting Renji to hug and comfort Chihiro, but that'd be asking too much. He is, after all, a confused teenager that doesn't even know what he wants to be in the future. Support Chihiro right now and help carry the burden of the memories with her would be too much to ask.

I knew Miyako was just being depressed, and not really having a mental breakdown. Emotional breakdown perhaps, but her mental state is still intact. Every episode that passes, I dislike Kei more and more. Her selfishness and need to be the top priority in Hiro's life is damn annoying. I hope Hiro snaps, because she needs a wake up call.

Anyone noticed how she started hanging out with Kyosuke as soon as she had a fight with Hiro? lol... Make up your mind.
Nov 28, 2007 5:52 AM

Oct 2007
Wow! That was the best episode, so far. ^_^

Both stories managed to portray a mixed array of emotions and both forced us viewer to feel a mixed array of emotions as well. I almost cried when Chihiro woke up, at the end and I wonder what will happen with Miyako. T_T
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 28, 2007 10:21 AM

Jul 2007
Some interesting new insights. Another effect scene, though in much a different way. I'm interested in seeing what both Renji and Miyoko will do next. I think this thread is also giving me some insight into viewer mentallity... very interesting stuff.
Nov 28, 2007 1:07 PM
Aug 2007
nice episode....We have more insight on Chihiro and the pain that she goes through every single morning....that sucks bad...Miyako finally gets in touch with Hirono Hurray!!! lets just hope that things get better between these 2 couples...
Nov 28, 2007 1:27 PM

Sep 2007
doeman87 said:
dam, i got chills when chihiro screamed at the end..

So did I. Before I would've wanted more Miyako than Chihiro, but I really like this new development on Chihiro's character.

I think my favorite part (or at least second favorite) is the beginning, right before the opening with the confrontation between Miyako and Kei. When that door slammed, I really felt for Miyako =/
Nov 28, 2007 1:56 PM

Jun 2007
this episode made me feel bad for miya at the start... but made me feel kinda happy at the end... not taking in mind the whole chihiro stuff..

chihiro seems like she does recall important things in her life, but she needs something to trigger them (duh),... i wonder if that novel they are writing is going to make her remember some stuff... since she still has her diary, unless Himura rewrote it with a different insight in her life, which would be kinda funny/tragic.

i disliked kei since the first episodes, so it wasnt a big change in my mind about her, i knew she was selfish since last episode anyways...
i dont think she deserves either kyouske or hiro (watch out, its IMO... i dont wanna get attacked here.....)

Miya seems like she is going to explain the whole "i feel like i will dissapear" thing... since she seems happy that hiro still remembers her... of course, hiro is not chihiro </lamejoke>

cant wait till next episode... sorry for long post...
Nov 28, 2007 2:44 PM

Aug 2007
The big question now is how Renji will react to being completely wiped from Chihiro's memory. Sure she may remember bits and pieces, but she specifically called Renji "onii-chan" while calling Himura "Himura-oniichan."

Also kills the whole theory of Chihiro forgetting about Hiro, finally confirmed that her memory is good until the 14th hour of her 12 years of age.

Great thing that MiyaMiya isn't psycho...just a very lonely and desperate girl...but not psycho...xD...sucks about her phone though ='(

Great balance between the MiyaMiya moment of episode 7 and the Chihiro one of this episode, still think that ep7 was more emotionally powerful than this ep.

Anyone else see a big catfight next episode?
MiyaMiya going all GAR! on Kei =P

Kind of wish that ef would finish airing already so I can rewatch 1-13 back to back xD
Nov 28, 2007 2:57 PM

Oct 2007
PimpToad said:
Great balance between the MiyaMiya moment of episode 7 and the Chihiro one of this episode, still think that ep7 was more emotionally powerful than this ep.

Anyone else see a big catfight next episode?
MiyaMiya going all GAR! on Kei =P

Kind of wish that ef would finish airing already so I can rewatch 1-13 back to back xD

I agree, i had Chills from episode 7, this episode was something everyone knew about but we were not shown it yet! I've seen a film where the the main actress lost her memory every day, and they had similar reactions!

As for Miyako and Kei fighting, i dont think so... i think they will both try to win Hiro in their own was and see what happens, only fighting in the end when one of them is losing... :P
Nov 28, 2007 3:11 PM

Aug 2007
Don't ruin my catfight fantasies!!!
Ill go back to my hole now =P
Nov 28, 2007 3:16 PM

Jul 2007
=O He SLAPPED her!! Himura slapped Chihiro, that is just plain rude.
Good to see Miyako back on her feet, the depressed state didn't suit her at all. I wonder if Kei may actually start falling for Kyousuke, because as you can clearly see Hiro's most likely not going to forget Miyako.
Nov 28, 2007 3:30 PM

Aug 2007
Richard_Omega said:

i disliked kei since the first episodes, so it wasnt a big change in my mind about her, i knew she was selfish since last episode anyways...
i dont think she deserves either kyouske or hiro (watch out, its IMO... i dont wanna get attacked here.....)

agreed.
Nov 28, 2007 6:23 PM

Jun 2007
AngelLily said:
DeathfireD said:

Thats true, I'll keep them as relatives in the chart till we find out for sure.

PS. they have the same color eyes so they could possibly be related in some way.
Nov 28, 2007 6:56 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
I'm glad to see that Miyako didn't go into complete breakdown - which should be expected. I mean, she's gotten this far on her own, this shouldn't be the step that breaks her. I was so happy to see Hiro ride to their meeting spot when he was supposed to be at the convenience store, and trying to call her and waiting for her to call him (all in front of Kei!). The last scene was perfect.

I think I'd feel more for Kei if she showed a bit more remorse at her actions. I thought maybe she did feel badly when she went to go take a shower, but then the fight between her and Miyako just irritated me more.

They did a great job of making us hopeful that Chihiro was slowly remembering things, only to yank the rug out from under us at the end. Very well done. It was really painful to watch :(

Anybody see 50 First Dates? So a relationship between Renji and Chihiro is possible xD
KinetaNov 28, 2007 7:02 PM
Nov 28, 2007 7:37 PM

Jun 2007
Kineta said:

Anybody see 50 First Dates? So a relationship between Renji and Chihiro is possible xD

the ending of that movie made me... laugh... a lot
Nov 28, 2007 9:50 PM

Apr 2007
Kineta said:

I was thinking the same thing. >_>
Nov 28, 2007 10:15 PM

Nov 2007
poor Chihiro. I feel sad knowing that she was like that everytime she wakes up.

Loved the ep.
Nov 28, 2007 10:55 PM

Sep 2007
dengg i never thought about what chihiro had to go through every morning ;_;
Nov 29, 2007 12:20 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
waowaooladane said:
dengg i never thought about what chihiro had to go through every morning ;_;

A few people have said this... it's not every morning -- or at least the way I understood it, anyway. She writes in her journal and reads what she needs to know before she goes to bed, goes to sleep (for less than 13 hours, I'm assuming) and wakes up, remembering what she read before she slept, but not much else of the previous day. That's why he said, "I tried to wake her up, but she's been asleep for more than her limit now anyway, so just let her sleep" (can't remember exactly how he phrased it).
Nov 29, 2007 4:22 AM

Apr 2007
Kineta said:

You know I kept thinking that. "If Adam Sandler can do it, you can do it, Renji!" lol
Nov 29, 2007 6:44 AM

Jul 2007
I don't really think Miyako is back to herself..but it's good that she called him. ._.
And I always wondered what happens to Chihiro if she don't read her diary...now I know it..that must be really tough for Chihiro...
Nov 29, 2007 9:31 AM
Oct 2007
Damn, Kei wins bitch of the year award. Miyako should have punched her out
Nov 29, 2007 4:35 PM

Oct 2007
AngelLily said:
DeathfireD said:

Every episode that passes, I dislike Kei more and more. Her selfishness and need to be the top priority in Hiro's life is damn annoying. I hope Hiro snaps, because she needs a wake up call.

Yeah, I agree. "Onii-chan" literally means "brother," but that doesn't necessarily mean that the person is blood-related. In Vietnamese, there is an equivalent "Anh" which means the same thing. Usually, you use it to talk to extremely close friends almost as close as family and is sometimes used to refer to a boyfriend. To say that he's a relative would be a hasty conclusion.

Oh, Kei's selfish attitude is getting on my nerves as well. It is the one thing I hold against her. When does she learn? Her selfish attitude had indirectly hurt someone as close as her twin sister as a child, and now her selfish attitude is continuing to hurt others as well. Even if she competes with Miyako for Hiro, the way she's acting is just blood-boiling. I just the say is true: all is fair in love and war.

And the ending, talk about drama. You can tell that Chihiro is at the peek of her happiness, a maiden in love, and just before she can even reach for it, it shatters into pieces right before Renji's eyes.
Nov 29, 2007 6:41 PM

Jun 2007
AegisReborn said:
AngelLily said:
DeathfireD said:

Every episode that passes, I dislike Kei more and more. Her selfishness and need to be the top priority in Hiro's life is damn annoying. I hope Hiro snaps, because she needs a wake up call.

Yeah, I agree. "Onii-chan" literally means "brother," but that doesn't necessarily mean that the person is blood-related. In Vietnamese, there is an equivalent "Anh" which means the same thing. Usually, you use it to talk to extremely close friends almost as close as family and is sometimes used to refer to a boyfriend. To say that he's a relative would be a hasty conclusion.

There was no conclusion, it was a question lol and yes I'm well aware of what the meanings of it are. Just the way she said seemed like they where related so I asked te question. It would also make sense that someone related to her would take care of her. I guess will find out since no one is sure.
Nov 29, 2007 10:07 PM
Oct 2007
AngelLily said:
Kineta said:

You know I kept thinking that. "If Adam Sandler can do it, you can do it, Renji!" lol

ooo Please don't bring up that awful movie!

Anyway this was a great episode, stuff is really starting to hit the fan now...
Nov 29, 2007 10:42 PM

Apr 2007
H-O-L-Y S-H-I-T

*needs moar ef

edit: I would have loved to have seen what the place where Chihiro's eye was looked like. All messed up and scarred... would have been awesome.

edit again: Chihiro's ed credits really do get to me
SiingNov 29, 2007 10:45 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 29, 2007 11:44 PM

Oct 2007
MM805 said:
Kineta said:

I was thinking the same thing. >_>

That is the movie i was mentioning above, i just couldn't remember the name at the time :P

Its a really great movie, i love the different ways he meets her every day :P
Nov 30, 2007 9:09 PM

Nov 2007
Siing said:

edit: I would have loved to have seen what the place where Chihiro's eye was looked like. All messed up and scarred... would have been awesome.

I agree, that would have been the final straw for Renji, and he prob. would have gone into a seizure thing, like at the end of 7. I hope he and Chihiro can still get together(I doubt they wouldn't, but, it's possible) I thought that 50 First Dates was cute, but this has a totally different feel, and I can't help but feel someone is gonna get a very short stick.
Dec 1, 2007 4:45 AM

Apr 2007
I'm glad we didn't get to see Chihiro's eye. It'd be too much, and ruin the whole atmosphere of the anime. Come on, this isn't Higurashi...
Dec 2, 2007 9:31 PM

Jun 2007
I was literally panicking when Chihiro started lifting her eyepatch. I was this ----> <---- close to fast-forwarding the scene. I dunno, I am rather interested in Chihiro's story in terms of the ef plot and I guess I didn't want to start viewing her as 'something else'. (and I have a feeling seeing her eye might have gotton me more disturbed than interested)
Dec 3, 2007 10:24 AM

Jul 2007
Spoiler for every plot arc of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni.
Dec 3, 2007 2:38 PM

May 2007
FORGET ME NOT 8D
Dec 4, 2007 2:33 AM

Aug 2007
WOW ,Chihiro was awesome I really liked the episodes.Just can wait this last four episodes :).

Dec 4, 2007 2:59 AM

Nov 2006
asandari said:
Spoiler for every plot arc of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni.
hahaha i kind of want to see that
Dec 4, 2007 6:32 AM

Oct 2007
most epic scene, the forgotten memories..
same level with the mail box scene in ep 7
Dec 4, 2007 5:10 PM

Aug 2007
Anybody else wished that she was hiding a geass or glam sight from Rental Magica there? xD

*Chihiro enters GAR! mode*
I Chihiro vi Brittania beseech you!

*sees flying geass thingy going into Renji*
Renji, do you love me?

*in a deadpan voice*
No

*Chihiro has her mental breakdown*
Dec 4, 2007 5:29 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
PimpToad said:
Anybody else wished that she was hiding a geass or glam sight from Rental Magica there?

I hate to disappoint, but no. :P

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 4, 2007 5:32 PM

Oct 2007
cyruz said:
PimpToad said:
Anybody else wished that she was hiding a geass or glam sight from Rental Magica there?

I hate to disappoint, but no. :P

I second that, PimpToad, you dont seem to be taking the anime seriously!!!
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » ef - a tale of memories Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cyruz - Nov 21, 2007

279 by mattchoo »»
Feb 3, 4:46 PM

» Popularity of this show?? For people who watched when it came out

kcvthewrld - Sep 8, 2023

6 by flomu »»
Nov 27, 2023 12:52 AM

Poll: » ef - a tale of memories Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

radiantfire - Dec 22, 2007

332 by salarx »»
Nov 10, 2023 1:59 AM

Poll: » ef - a tale of memories Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

dancu - Dec 12, 2007

196 by AaronPvP »»
Aug 19, 2023 2:40 PM

Poll: » ef - a tale of memories Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

radiantfire - Dec 17, 2007

195 by FarCritical »»
May 5, 2023 8:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.