MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 22 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch »» Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 22 Discussion

Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 22 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

360 79.12%
4 out of 5: Liked it

43 9.45%
3 out of 5: It was OK

14 3.08%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

11 2.42%
1 out of 5: Hated it

27 5.93%
Voters: 455

09-30-08, 3:23 PM

Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! T_T i almost teared up when he said to kill Euphilia with tears in his eyes

10-05-08, 4:09 AM

That was really frightening, to see the extent of the power of the Geass. She has such an innocent but naive air about her, and then when the Geass was used on her.. OMG ;_;

10-06-08, 3:44 PM

My reaction was basically the same as everyone's else: WTF JUST HAPPENED???!!

And I agree with what some of you said on how convenient it was that the Geass acted up at such a critical point. But I thought about it, and maybe it was supposed to. Think about it, Lelouch finally agrees to someone else's plans instead of his own? It could be a sort of catch-22: when the user experiences a certain emotion or participates in a certain event. Speculation though, since I'm watching the dub and trying to be a good girl and not watch ahead.

As far as characters that I think might survive, I really don't think Euphie will (poor dear). And Suzaku can't die because of the Geass used on him (remember, he MUST LIVE!!! *dramatic music*). Lelouch might not be able to die either. I'm not sure how long ago Mao got his Geass, but he'd have to be significantly older than Lelouch. He seems too young to me. And Kallen, I totally see her living (oddly enough). However, Ohgi just might die because of who he's in bed with (if anyone caught that this episode).

Another thing I wanted to ask for anyone who's watching the dub. Did anyone else find it odd that this episode only got a TV-14 rating (with a V for the obvious violence)? Other episodes, as well as other anime, have received TV-MA ratings for far less (i.e. some eps of Evangelion and Eureka seveN). Just curious if anyone else noticed that.

10-13-08, 5:35 AM

this anime became more and more sad.. =/

10-29-08, 4:49 PM

I just saw this episode, and, WOW.

11-01-08, 2:51 AM

Sakinho said:
Xinil said:
Completely ridiuclous episode. Seriously, how convenient is it for the Geass to start acting up at such a critical situation? It's retarded that it happened like that.

Damn, I thought I was the only one. I just watched the episode, and... what the fuck hell was that? That's gotta be one of the dumbest plot twists I've seen in a long time. I am currently in awe at how randomly it happened.

I completely agree. It was kind of unique, but such an idiotic plot twist should never occur. I really can't understand how this got such high ratings?

The scene reminded me of Zaku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei: Saying important things casually. XDDD I really had to laugh there.

11-15-08, 6:23 AM

O.M.G.

12-13-08, 11:12 PM

Sugoi!!!

This was very emotive. Lelouch's father wants dead and it seems that there will be a lot...

12-24-08, 3:37 AM

Code Geass does a good job at capturing the horror of violence whatever else you might say about it. That little boy shaking in the middle of the bloody corpses was shocking.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams

01-10-09, 2:48 PM

well wasn't that a swift kick in the nuts? o.O

01-12-09, 12:44 PM

the order was "to kill japanese", meaning Euphie will under the geass for a long time.

01-17-09, 12:28 AM

Holy shit, that was like...school days-magnitude shocking.

02-07-09, 5:58 AM

WOW. I was not expecting that twist.

It could have gone so well - resolved all the problems, peace would be resolved, had it not been for that tiny mistake where Loulouch put his guard down, and Geas was still activated.
Then BOM all hell breaks lose, and everything regresses to the hatred and to the Elevens vs Britannians.

This. Is. Epic. :O
I was emotionally moved..

Grmo said:
Holy shit, that was like...school days-magnitude shocking.

so true
Modified by sugarplumfairy, 02-07-09, 6:13 AM

02-10-09, 2:10 PM

..woh. >.< that was awesome and upsetting and ridiculously creepy at the same time - the bit where Euphemia is shooting Elevens with a machine gun with that smile on her face and blood all over her.. *shudders* I thought she was going to get killed by Lelouch or something when I read the title but maann, this was even more intense.. ridiculously intense..

and poor Lelouch - though really, it just goes to show how having some superhuman power is not really that great a thing (though I did wonder why he didn't think for a moment: wait, I have a geass that makes people do what I say, maybe I shouldn't joke about her killing all the Japanese) and what he said at the end to C.C kinda confirms that he realises that - even though he didn't mean it - it's all his fault

also, the bit where he says about not being the messiah made me think of all the times I've read: "Lelouch is just like Light" and proved them wrong. Lelouch knows that he's a monster.. he's known that for quite some time now.. but Light never gets it.

02-16-09, 6:25 AM

Holy..Fucking..Crap...

This image is what made it BRILLIANT:

Oh my god, That was such a good episode.

~Abs

03-23-09, 10:02 AM

and now the war is ready to start..
Tosi yst&auml;vyys ei j&auml;&auml;dy pakkasella! Thank you for your visit. Welcome again!

04-06-09, 10:44 PM

Lelouch better cry... for what he did to Euphie... ugh T_T poor girl she really will die.. man Euphie was a pretty awesome character, and all she wanted was there to be peace and happiness. >_<
HEY!

04-24-09, 7:12 PM

That was f****d up..

04-29-09, 12:21 AM

woah!!! i fell sorry for euphie!! and what's happening to lulu???? no!!! and what about that thing between C.C. and suzaku... will suzaku be getting a geass too!?!?!? NOO!! I DONT WANT THAT!

05-13-09, 2:27 PM

Come on guys ... why are you complaning about how the activation of geass was to convenient ???
I thought every anime-fan knew that the animes are build upon convenient events.
for instance:
isn't it convenient that the boy C.C gave the geass to HAPPENED to be the emperors son who HAPPEND to be looking for the power to destroy the britanien empire ?
I am just saying it

if it wheren't for the convenient events it would be imposible to make a decent anime plot and all the stories would be WAAAY to predictable.

suddenly making a plot-twist and bringing the plot in a diffrent unexpected direction is simply the risk every anime author has to take if he/she want the anime to become something great ... sometimes it ruins the anime other times it turns it in to a masterpiece
I won't judge which one of them fits on CG but I will say that compared to the plot so far the end would have been to plain if something didn't happen.

besides ... a happy ending simply won't suit CG ;)

Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices