MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Tekkon Kinkreet Episode 1 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Tekkon Kinkreet »» Tekkon Kinkreet Episode 1 Discussion

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
View Poll Results: Tekkon Kinkreet Episode 1 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

66 66.67%
4 out of 5: Liked it

20 20.20%
3 out of 5: It was OK

10 10.10%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

3 3.03%
1 out of 5: Hated it

0.00%
Voters: 99

11-27-07, 3:11 PM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nominated to be one of the animated movies that have a shot to go on and win the 2008 Oscar for best animated movie,, so I just had to see it ofcourse,, and quite frankly I was stunned. Dont know if it has a shot at winning,, but it is well worth it!

07-19-08, 11:49 PM

Wow, It's been a long time since I watch a happy ending.
Awesome Action
Good story
Great Animation
I love "blacks" voice.

9/10

07-23-08, 4:07 PM

More Studio 4C greatness.

But the story wasnt strong enough. Minotaur should have been introduced much sooner, not just in name and rumours. Periphery characters were interesting of themselves, but in the grand scheme of things kind of useless and just around to fill time, and provide ambience to the city. For a moment I thought maybe Black and the yakuza dude he beat up would team up together which would have been cool, but it didnt happen. I also thought all of the main characters would team up together to tackle the new exterior threat, but that didnt happen either. It was pretty much cliche all over the place when the two kids werent around.

Amazing animation and cool music though.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol

08-27-08, 5:21 PM

not sure what to think of it, I liked the general animation, but I hated how the people looked

09-21-08, 10:10 AM

Very...well made.
I thought the ending was a little rushed...Wish there was more scenes..with the minotaur dude.

11-06-08, 2:39 AM
Anime Moderator
i thought it was perfect.

11-18-08, 5:02 PM

Zirgo said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nominated to be one of the animated movies that have a shot to go on and win the 2008 Oscar for best animated movie,, so I just had to see it ofcourse,, and quite frankly I was stunned. Dont know if it has a shot at winning,, but it is well worth it!
You mean 2007, right? And it was submitted as a consideration for nomination, it wasn't nominated. The only nominated anime films in the Oscars are Howl's and Spirited Away.

11-27-08, 10:10 PM

One of my favourite movies ever. It's weird, in the U.S it is rated R, but here in Canada it is PG and is in the children's section at Blockbuster. Anyway, which rating system is right? I'd have to say Canada because my 7 year old sister watched it with me and she loved it and absolutely bad happened as a result.

12-11-08, 3:59 PM

Amazing movie. The part when the minotaur appeared was intense! Artwork was really refreshing too.

01-14-09, 11:33 AM

Great movie, great story, great story and I really! enjoyed the animation ^^
Got pleasently surprised when I saw this since I didn't have high expectations.
9/10

02-18-09, 3:39 AM

i gave it an 8/10

i enjoyed watching it a lot. i wish the plot was deeper((it was definitely on the simplistic side)) but there was a charm to the simplicity as well.if you think of the story as being focused on the relationship between Black and White, then its quite perfect. id like to know more about the weird guys the Snake man hired, and more about other things, too, but the story was mostly about Black and White, so it was satisfying enough for me :)
...we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here...

04-30-09, 2:05 PM

Just as everyone thought... the art was one of a hell and amazing and so the music was... the music and art are both worth to be remembered for a long while.... Then the story is definitely not outstanding but it kinda reflects the paradigm of life in the cities... Loved VA, especially Kuro's voice.... Liked all the problems set up and their conclusion... quite a refreshing and nice movie... Quite the R rated for me anyway :P

Signs,
Green

05-05-09, 5:04 PM

This blew me away. My expectation for this film was not very high && the story line was WAY different from how I thought it would be which made it very good. It's a good && creative potrayal on the effects of life experiences, corruption and how that can bring out either the worst or best in us. What makes it great is, at the end it shows that no one has to use that evil and everyone has the potiental to be happy.

06-05-09, 4:16 PM

Many people say this movie is simplistic, but i believe that it has many undertones. New overtaking old, what you see isn't what is seems, etc. The biggest one was change, in terms of spirit, lifestyle, family, relationships, and sanity. I love this movie. BTW, was anyone else surprised by how many people were "whacked" by the end of the movie. Also, black reminds me of the nararator and tyler durden from "fight club".
"Its only after we have lost everything that we are free to do anything."

06-05-09, 8:07 PM

That was pretty badass, and also my first blu-ray anime. Put it aside for awhile cause I thought it might be one of those complicated stories where multiple views are needed to appreciated it more, but it was pretty straightforward. Kinda wished they introduced Minotaur earlier (not just by name) because the way they played it out in the end didn't feel like that big of a struggle as it should be. Great animation, style, characters, voice acting, and BGM/Sounds. Was totally immersed in it from start to finish. Plus haven't watched a happy ending in awhile.

06-28-09, 6:54 AM

This movie was kinda good in the beginning. But then at the ED it became kinda mindfuck. The animation was gold.

8/10

Good movie.

07-18-09, 2:52 AM

Best. Anime. Movie. Ever.
What I'm supposed to write here?

08-10-09, 3:03 PM

Beatnik said:
More Studio 4C greatness.

But the story wasnt strong enough.

Amazing animation and cool music though.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.

08-15-09, 11:34 PM

The animation style was so unique and awesome that I absolutely loved it. The beginning fight scene was especially thrilling. Very impressed that an American director made such a fabulous film. The story was interesting, but I think I'll best remember this piece for its stunning visuals.

8/10

09-14-09, 12:48 PM

I consider this to be my favorite movie of all time. Really, it wasn't perfect, but that's why it was perfect. I was just blown away. Beautiful art (yes, even the people. especially the people! what creative freedom), stunning animation, wonderful story, characters, and shiro was just a beautiful person D; it wasn't like a meaningless movie for mindless entertainment, it really stayed with me afterward, it really said something to me. just wow.
yeah, i'm in love with this movie.
best anime movie ever.
and, for me, best movie ever

1,000,000,000/10

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices