Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (38) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »
Jul 23, 2014 4:40 AM

Feb 2012
^ I feel like this towards DkS2, though I'd debate on whether the gameplay is actually better.

Anyway, from what I've seen from a *certain someone's* stream, the DLC looks to lean even more heavily on "Difficult for the sake of being difficult" than vanilla, that topped off with the fact that you can beat it in 3-4 hours(less if your not stuck on one of the bosses for an hour, which you probably will be) and I'm probably going to wait untill they're all out and/or they get discounted.

Related note, artorias DLC was one of the best DLCs ever, it answered lore on vaguely speculated before and had hands down the best bosses in the game.
Jul 23, 2014 8:49 AM

Jul 2013
I beat DS2 but I sold it. I did watch a few of my buddies play through the DLC and while it's pretty interesting it doesn't seem worth it yet. I suspect that they'll bundle all 3. The level design has improved and there's some puzzles that give off a Zelda vibe which is great. Winding corridors and murky depths await and you really get the vibe that you're swallowed up just like this land was. There's no new NPCs which is a shame and the area / a few enemy models are repeated. It doesn't connect itself to the lore that was in DS 2, rather it creates new content and expands on the lore. All in all it's pretty good but I think waiting s the best option for now.

Speaking of DLC, what DLC is worth getting? The Bethesda DLCs are usually great and it's even better when they package them together. Some Fallout 3 DLC was a blast. The Mass Effect DLC was solid as well, most notably The Citidel. It's a shame content was locked and sold as DLC. Even so it was worth experiencing as it added more to the finale and answered some burning questions. Dark Souls DLC is solid but the newest one isn't at the level of the Artorias DLC package. Idk, what else? Hahaha!
Nagisa33Jul 23, 2014 8:56 AM
Jul 23, 2014 12:04 PM

Apr 2012
Artorias DLC is handsdown best DLC ever made compared to every game in existence. Not only is it quite long its also better than the maingame which hardly any dlc are. And I actually got it for free on PC, when I bought it for like 8€.

@Reialgo
What do you mean difficult for difficultys sake? Honestly DS2 is only quite difficult on the way to the boss, the bosses are a joke 9/10 times.
Jul 23, 2014 1:36 PM

Feb 2012
@Baki yeah the bosses themselves are jokes, but there are several instances of the game which is just trying to be difficult, rather than being challenging. Like the game's overuse of locking you down with a melee enemy, and having a ranged enemy firing at you at the same time, or just the entirety of the shrine of amana(pre-patch) or the entirety of dragon shrine(pre-patch)

Actually on that note, FROM's design philosophy is kinda confusing me for DkS2, they nerfed the two stoopid hard zones from vanilla into the ground, but then they released DLC on par with those levels, isn't that pretty contradictory?
Jul 23, 2014 1:41 PM

Apr 2012
Reialgo said:
@Baki yeah the bosses themselves are jokes, but there are several instances of the game which is just trying to be difficult, rather than being challenging. Like the game's overuse of locking you down with a melee enemy, and having a ranged enemy firing at you at the same time, or just the entirety of the shrine of amana(pre-patch) or the entirety of dragon shrine(pre-patch)

Actually on that note, FROM's design philosophy is kinda confusing me for DkS2, they nerfed the two stoopid hard zones from vanilla into the ground, but then they released DLC on par with those levels, isn't that pretty contradictory?

Oh yeah that, yeah, as I said path to the boss is usually harder than the boss itself. There is also that path with the loads of poison shooting little shits down belop in the depths or what its called. Really ugly. And the bosses so easy. The most challenging one so far I feel was that floating knight honestly...

The most ridiculus thing is that I stunlocked like half the bosses to death.
Jul 23, 2014 1:59 PM

Jul 2013
baki502 said:
Oh yeah that, yeah, as I said path to the boss is usually harder than the boss itself. There is also that path with the loads of poison shooting little shits down belop in the depths or what its called. Really ugly. And the bosses so easy.

Hahaha! One of my most despised paths to the boss. I hated those poison statues. Since they didn't respawn when you rested at the bonfire I destroyed them all, summoned NPCs after (so they didn't get poisoned too), and then walked to the boss. If Lucatiel was close to dying I feathered out so I didn't have to break the statues all over again. I was going for her achievement (though I usually don't but in DS I was a completionist.) Anyway, that area was annoying.

The most annoying path to the boss was the Dragon Shrine. The boss was challenging (until I found tried the feet strategy) but getting there was the real challenge as well as a huge pain in the butt. Enemies hit like a truck so it was a race to the fog wall. Gosh, I spent a lot of time just trying to get to that boss.
Jul 24, 2014 9:19 PM

Jul 2013
Anyone check out the Destiny Beta? My brother and I have been playing it on xbox 360 for the past two days. The gameplay seems similar to Call of Duty with a bit of Halo mixed in. PVP fights are short and you die in a few seconds. I prefer the more drawn out fights that Halo offers but this is fun too. The world is fun to explore and the main hub has a lot of little details that make it feel living. My brother jumped on a heated fan with a bunch of other players and they all floated in the air. It was unexpected and funny. Plus, there's a lot of silly dancing going on. Hahaha!

What do you think of it or what it's going to mean for "next gen" games?
Jul 28, 2014 9:24 AM
Jun 2008
It probably wont mean a whole bunch, unless marketing gets just enough lowest common demonstrators so that media can blow it out of proportion.
Jul 28, 2014 7:33 PM

Aug 2009
I decided to download the Destiny beta this weekend and actually thought it was pretty fun. There's a little bit of a Borderlands feel and Halo with how enemies behave and such, among other things. I'm a little bit disappointed that Destiny isn't so much of an open world game like I've heard about; it's really been just one big level that depends on matchmaking with a set objective (depending on what story bit you're doing). Of course, this is just a beta so they're not going to show everything, but I find the whole open world thing to be misleading at this point until proven otherwise.

Still, I did say I had some fun out of it. I at least like the tone of the game and what it's going for. I don't regularly pair up with random people online during co-op sessions, but I decided to and still had some enjoyment trying to beat a certain objective. I can equip better weapons and armor that you can loot of enemies or buying them if you have enough glimmer (which seems to be the game's currency).

My main pet peeve with the game, however, is the inclusion of auto-aim, which I'm not a big fan of at all. Other games have the option to actually disable it; I find it absolutely baffling Destiny did not have that option.

Nagisa33 said:
What do you think of it or what it's going to mean for "next gen" games?

It does absolutely nothing for "next-gen" IMO. Like Wind_Falcon kind of said, a lot of the media will overhype it so much to make people believe this is the next biggest thing since Call of Duty 4, but I don't see that at all. Activision has been heavy with its marketing and promotion, and the masses will obviously just eat it all up. Like I said before, I thought the whole 'open-world' aspect of it is misleading, since there wasn't really much of an exploration element from what the beta was showing.

Honestly if you wanted to have a real, big open world shooter with lots of people, go for Planetside 2. I'd...also just play more Borderlands at this point. But yeah, it's overall, a pretty fun game, but it's absolutely nothing like how they've been hyping it since it was announced.
Jul 29, 2014 2:31 AM

Feb 2012
dietmango said:
it's really been just one big level that depends on matchmaking with a set objective

How does this work out? You own a ship right? Are each of the planets you visit just a few alterations to a level or have you not gotten to the point where you can fly your ship?

Anyway I never thought destiny could live up to it's hype, in general it just sounded like a lazy attempt from Bungie, playing it safe rather than striking out. If it wasn't already obvious they originally intended it to be a modern fantasy RPG then went "Nah let's just repeat that one vidya games series that everyone knows us for"

Anyway(x2) Falcom's Trails in the Sky FINALLY got released on steam today! I aint got moneyz but I'm hyped as fuck for when I do.
Jul 29, 2014 4:35 AM

Apr 2012
Didnt like Borderlands, didnt play Halo, so I have practically zero interest in Destiny. All in all there is hardly any next-gen game I am interested in, at least of those that are released/releasing soon. Bloodborne is ofc something I look forward too, but thats 2015.
Jul 29, 2014 1:27 PM

Aug 2009
Finally started SMT IV and I'm about 5 hours in. Been pretty fun so far; I'm totally ready to spend hundreds of hours on this because of the similarity I'm seeing with Pokemon; I've got that itch back, so I'll probably be picking up the new Pokemon game. Eventually. Some people have made comparisons in the past anyway, and I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Other games I thought I'd start that have been in my backlog for so long are Metal Gear Solid 4, AssCreed IV: JOHJ Flag, Final Fantasy Origins, and playing some more Muramasa: Rebirth and Xenogears in short bursts.

Reialgo said:
dietmango said:
it's really been just one big level that depends on matchmaking with a set objective

How does this work out? You own a ship right? Are each of the planets you visit just a few alterations to a level or have you not gotten to the point where you can fly your ship?

Anyway I never thought destiny could live up to it's hype, in general it just sounded like a lazy attempt from Bungie, playing it safe rather than striking out. If it wasn't already obvious they originally intended it to be a modern fantasy RPG then went "Nah let's just repeat that one vidya games series that everyone knows us for"

You get the ship pretty much in the intro level, and I assume you're going to a lot of different planets; there was one specific one that held PvP matches, but the rest seem to be the main hub (Tower), and the rest reserved for story mission objectives (maybe some sidequests as well, who knows). But all I got out of it was 6-7 story missions on the very same level every time. Whether or not this is just in the beta or in the final product remains to be seen. I have no idea if you'll actually be able to fly your ship in free roam mode. Judging by what everything the beta showed, I don't think a 'free roam/explore' mode is going to be a feature. But hey, I could be wrong.

And yeah I agree; the hype pretty much died down as soon as I had a handle on what Destiny is all about. Fun sure, but they've pretty much exaggerated on what they were pitching Destiny to be. Will I pick this up when it launches? Most likely not.

I really thought this was going to be a Fallout-style RPG/shooter hybrid that you just explore. Hell, why not go for that? It really sounded like that's what they were going for initially, and Activision most likely forced them out of it. Who knows what goes on behind closed doors between those companies. I mean, it's not like we're asking for something radically new in Bethesda's game anyways, right? I sure as hell am not. Just give me a massive world that I can explore on my own -- don't care if had shooter controls that Bungie is known for or not -- drop me off in a random spot, and leave me there.
Jul 30, 2014 6:17 PM

Mar 2009
I'm about 8 or so hours into SMTIV, and when I hit the overworld, all the cool atmosphere, along with my general interest in the game kinda dissipated. ~30 more hours walking around run-down Tokyo? I'm not sure if I'd really enjoy that. At least the combat is far more fun than Persona (don't kill me).
Jul 30, 2014 7:12 PM

Apr 2012
So any of you guys playing War Thunder? I think its a truly amazing game, if you havent yet I would check it out, its f2p anyway. Its really really great.
Jul 30, 2014 9:07 PM

Aug 2009
AlabastreAizo said:
I'm about 8 or so hours into SMTIV, and when I hit the overworld, all the cool atmosphere, along with my general interest in the game kinda dissipated. ~30 more hours walking around run-down Tokyo? I'm not sure if I'd really enjoy that. At least the combat is far more fun than Persona (don't kill me).

Well, that doesn't sound good. I haven't gotten there yet, but we'll see how I feel about it. I've found that SMT is more challenging than Persona; the latter is an easy game to get through, even in the harder difficulties. So after a while, all your personas are too OP that it does wear on me a bit. Even when I thought I was at a high enough level to take the dungeon on, some of my demons are getting killed in one hit. Some go down because their own weaknesses are exploited. From what I've played so far, there's more focus on the strategy element more than max leveling every single demon and overpowering enemies every single time. Plus the demon negotiating part is, so far, the most interesting part of the game.

There could be more about the game I'm missing though; I've only just started, after all.
Jul 30, 2014 11:47 PM

Apr 2012
I've yet to play SMT IV, but Persona's strong point is the characters rather than the brutal dungeon crawling that SMT is infamous for.

Still, should probably get to it at some point. SMT IV's mixed reviews had me in stitches back when the game came out and the arguments that came around that time about how SMT is dead left me smiling from ear to ear.

Oh, and I'm back from "vacation" in Aqaba. Don't ask what happened. Just. Don't.
"The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off."
- Oreki, Hyouka
Jul 31, 2014 12:00 AM

Aug 2009
Wonder when we'll have a big reveal for what Persona 5 will look like. Atlus needs to get on that.

sushiisawesome said:

Oh, and I'm back from "vacation" in Aqaba. Don't ask what happened. Just. Don't.

Well, I'm not going to not ask, since you said that.

So what happened?
Jul 31, 2014 12:30 AM

Apr 2012
dietmango said:
Wonder when we'll have a big reveal for what Persona 5 will look like. Atlus needs to get on that.

Probably once PQ and P4AU are out, I guess.
I'm more worried about Devil Survivor 2; Break Record though. Not a single thing ever since that teaser came out.

dietmango said:

Well, I'm not going to not ask, since you said that.

So what happened?

I spent 5 days without any internet connection while my uncle's kids spent a good portion of said time bouncing around on the bed I was sitting on (coming in to disturb my peace while sleeping every single day), yelling and screaming while I was trying to get them away from me. The fact that there were around 15 of us in the house, all of whom wanted to be in peace didn't help, and I ended up getting yelled at as well.

We also went fishing. You'd think that we caught something after going there 3 times, right? Wrong. We caught nothing. And things weren't helped by the random political and religious arguments in the house.

Long story short, glad to be back.
"The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off."
- Oreki, Hyouka
Jul 31, 2014 8:10 AM

Jul 2008
Wrong topic for SMT if I'm not mistaken. I've continued this discussion here.

Jul 31, 2014 2:41 PM

Jan 2013
Nickienator said:
Wrong topic for SMT if I'm not mistaken. I've continued this discussion here.

Indeed you are right Nickie, and I was thrown off when it got derailed into Japanese games again, but what are you gonna do.
Jul 31, 2014 4:37 PM

Sep 2011
AngelsArcanum said:
but what are you gonna do.
Stop playing shitty weeaboo games?
Jul 31, 2014 7:06 PM

Apr 2012
Haakonwale said:
AngelsArcanum said:

Bingo.
On that topic, I started Civ V today. Damn this game has depth. First grand strategy game and first strategy game in general since Ive been a little kid. Im not doing too badly tough, on the easiest level, Im wiping the floor so its kinda boring. But its sucking me in. Played 7 hours straight today.
Jul 31, 2014 8:10 PM

Jun 2010
Uncharted 2, Rockstar games in general, Bioshock series, Batman: Arkham City, Deus Ex series, Mass Effect series, Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, Half Life, Portal,

Aside from Metal Gear and Metroid. What do I need Japanese games for?
Jul 31, 2014 10:54 PM

Mar 2009
Sorry about that, Nickie. I forgot this was for games outside of JRGPs and VNs.

Which games out of my unbeaten ones should I prioritize?
Unbeaten games

Keep in mind that I cannot play Wii, Gamecube, original Xbox, PS3, or PS2 games here (those systems are in another country).
Aug 1, 2014 2:16 AM
Jun 2008
The Witcher 2 without a doubt (though I have no idea how the 360 version stacks up to the PC one).

Then Chrono Trigger, Beyond Good and Evil and Condemned Criminal Origisn.

And don't even bother with the HD versions of Silent Hill. Just play the PC versions if you don't have access to a PS2, they'll run on anything from the past 10 years (you can easily emulate the PS1 SH with enhanced graphics as well). I think 2 and 3 can be modded/edited to support widescreen too.
Wind_FalconAug 1, 2014 7:23 AM
Aug 1, 2014 6:41 AM

Mar 2009
I was sad when I bought it, then heard it was a shitty HD version, but damn. I didn't know it was that bad. I guess I'll stop playing that one... Too bad PC versions are so crazy expensive..

I have been playing Chrono Trigger lately, and I'm quite enjoying it. I'm probably about half way through Beyond Good and Evil, and I'm at the beginning of Condemned and Witcher. Thanks for the info.
Aug 1, 2014 9:38 AM

Aug 2009
AlabastreAizo said:
Sorry about that, Nickie. I forgot this was for games outside of JRGPs and VNs.

As the one who created this thread in the first place, I sincerely apologize. It's sad that we would forget such an important rule. Very shamefur.

Yeah I've seen footage of the Silent Hill HD versions and they didn't look very good. Shattered Memories seemed interesting, though idk if I'll get the PS2 version for that. And I don't have a Wii so...

I played Condemned 2 back when it came out. Wish I spent more time with it. Also, because I can't seem to find my copy. :/
Aug 2, 2014 11:39 PM

Feb 2008
Haakonwale said:
AngelsArcanum said:

But Haak but Haak, all the good games are from Japan, like Dark Souls and Metal Gear Solid. Does that mean that we should stop playing games like that in favor of God of War and Gears of War?

Since I'm planning on building one of those arcade cabinets, I ended up downloading all MAME games so I'm quite busy with the arcade games, mostly shmups and fighting games, slowly getting into the SNK fighting series like Fatal Fury and King of Fighters. Although the difficulty is quite challenging and sometimes cheap in some games, because they were designed to make you lose most of the time so you would insert more credits haha.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Aug 3, 2014 2:28 AM

Apr 2012
ZetaZaku said:
Haakonwale said:

But Haak but Haak, all the good games are from Japan, like Dark Souls and Metal Gear Solid. Does that mean that we should stop playing games like that in favor of God of War and Gears of War?

Since I'm planning on building one of those arcade cabinets, I ended up downloading all MAME games so I'm quite busy with the arcade games, mostly shmups and fighting games, slowly getting into the SNK fighting series like Fatal Fury and King of Fighters. Although the difficulty is quite challenging and sometimes cheap in some games, because they were designed to make you lose most of the time so you would insert more credits haha.

I aint allowing you to call dark souls a weeaboo game! Weeaboo games are those anime games, with them anime styles and shizzles.
Aug 3, 2014 10:29 AM

Mar 2009
Zeta, as a guy who has been playing King of Fighters since he was 8, I can confirm that KOF bosses are bullshit.
Aug 3, 2014 10:30 AM
Nov 2009
I just got my games back after like 2 years. I tried KOFXIII and couldn't even beat the story mode on normal anymore.
Aug 3, 2014 12:41 PM

Sep 2011
ZetaZaku said:

Weeaboo games and Japanese-made games are not the same.
Aug 3, 2014 2:14 PM

Jul 2013
mugi said:
I just got my games back after like 2 years. I tried KOFXIII and couldn't even beat the story mode on normal anymore.

This reminds me, what difficulty do you guys normally play on?

As a kid I usually played on the hardest difficulty but now I'm not as fixated on beating games at their "hardest." I was playing Skyrim on Legendary (which wasn't hard with the sneak mechanic or most any other strategy really) and it was fun for a while but it got repetitive. If difficulty means just increasing health in enemies then I'm not too thrilled. If it's a game where the difficulty changes the enemies' movements, perceptiveness, or aggressiveness like in Halo. Now I'm playing Fire Emblem Awakening and there's Lunatic mode. It makes the enemies more aggressive but it does it to a point where one wrong move and you're finished. I settled for Hard and I'm enjoying it without worrying about being frustrated.

Really, I guess it depends on the game. Now I'm more focused on taking in the story or the character interactions than beating a guy with a huge health bar. It's not to say that I don't want some challenge, because I loved the heck out of games such as Dark Souls. In any case, what do you guys think about difficulty in games and which difficulty you prefer to play on?
Aug 3, 2014 2:27 PM
Nov 2009
Pretty much the same. Though I am still trying to start on the hardest difficulty because if you don't then you have to get used to the difficulty later on, if you're planning to try it out. Starting on hard and then lowering it is like taking off you 100kg training clothes.
Also, I often assume that the hard difficulty is probably the intended "normal" difficulty. Like I was playing Killzone 2 on the highest one and felt like this is how the game should be. Same with Vanquish and so on.
The only exception are fighting games, because the AI freaking cheats.
Aug 3, 2014 3:05 PM

Sep 2011
Nagisa33 said:
This reminds me, what difficulty do you guys normally play on?
I try it out on the hardest difficulty available at the start, but if I discover that the upped difficulty only makes the game tedious instead of challenging, I lower it to a point where it's fun.
Aug 3, 2014 5:29 PM
Jul 2012
Playing Tekken Tag Tournament 2's ghost battle is one thing, but the most hardest I even try to play is so many people kicking the heck out of me when I try to win a match. Wish online will be a little more easier for me just like in offline even though I lose a little bit also on ghost battles which is crazy.
Aug 4, 2014 1:49 AM
Jun 2008
I always play on the hardest difficulty the game lets me select from the get go, and usually I don't have trouble (most games are seemingly made to be played on their hardest settings anyway - the different gameplay systems seem more balanced, usually). I'm big on stealth games, so I absolutely love doing ghost challenges in them in the hardest difficulties, so I guess that mentality carries over to other games to some extent as well (for instance I can't progress in Super Meat Boy without getting the bangage, A+ -ing the current stage and beating the warp zone).

Though some games have higher difficulty modes that can't be played without having acquired skill and understanding of the underlying mechanics. I doubt there is someone out there that can beat any story path in Street of Rage Remake on his first try on the Mania difficulty for example.

And yeah if some games have shit difficulty scaling like the mentioned where enemies just become bullet sponges and other atrocious game design I definitely don't bother, but good games rarely have this kind of flaws.

And in some games the only thing that a higher difficulty brings is wasting time and just being there to annoy and not challenge, I don't bother with that kind usually either.

I love doing challenges in some games that aren't stealth too, but that usually comes in games that I've played a lot and know them relatively well, and just aren't as challenging anymore as I want them, so I may play with some restrictions.
Wind_FalconAug 4, 2014 1:58 AM
Aug 4, 2014 9:01 AM

Mar 2009
Wind_Falcon said:
I always play on the hardest difficulty the game lets me select from the get go, and usually I don't have trouble

That's brutal. I only do that if I think I'll really like the game. Speaking of Brutal, I played Brutal Legend on the hardest difficulty, the first time through.

Honestly, a lot of games just aren't fun when on the hardest difficulty. Something like Mass Effect just becomes a game where you hang out behind walls. No thanks.

I think I have too many games to beat, so I end up largely choosing Normal. If it's too hard, I go to easy, if I don't really care about the game. If it's too easy, I move up. Normal is usually a good place to start. I think I used to play most games on Hard when I was in high school. I just don't have the same kind of time anymore, so I wanna get through the game and move on (unless I really like it).
Aug 4, 2014 9:19 AM
Nov 2009
AlabastreAizo said:

Honestly, a lot of games just aren't fun when on the hardest difficulty. Something like Mass Effect just becomes a game where you hang out behind walls. No thanks.

This made Mass Effect 3 playable for me though. I played charging Vanguard on insanity mode, and it was pretty fun. (Charge + nova = no shield for a second till you do another charge, adding in shotgun and one or two other offensive skills).
Aug 4, 2014 12:54 PM

Jan 2013
DarknessOfEmo said:
Playing Tekken Tag Tournament 2's ghost battle is one thing, but the most hardest I even try to play is so many people kicking the heck out of me when I try to win a match. Wish online will be a little more easier for me just like in offline even though I lose a little bit also on ghost battles which is crazy.

Play DoA or VF instead.
Aug 4, 2014 8:57 PM
Jul 2012
AngelsArcanum said:
DarknessOfEmo said:

Play DoA or VF instead.

I already played my first DOA which is DOA5U and I was enjoying the game, but hot bored of it playing the game every month and already got the platinum trophy the game.

May think about playing VF someday. Don't even know the franchise of VF before.

Tekken is still a good game for me though.
Aug 5, 2014 2:58 AM

Feb 2008
AlabastreAizo said:
Zeta, as a guy who has been playing King of Fighters since he was 8, I can confirm that KOF bosses are bullshit.

Oh yeah, I still didn't finish the first Fatal Fury because the boss would do grabs every time I attack him. I think that the cheapest I've seen so far is Dark Ash from KoFXIII. He would spam projectiles constantly making it impossible to approach him.

What's the best KoF game? I hear lots of praises for '98.

Nagisa33 said:
Now I'm playing Fire Emblem Awakening and there's Lunatic mode. It makes the enemies more aggressive but it does it to a point where one wrong move and you're finished. I settled for Hard and I'm enjoying it without worrying about being frustrated.

Hard is pretty much Normal in that game, since the Normal mode is babby mode. The Hard difficulty in Awakening is way easier than the previous games.

mugi said:
Also, I often assume that the hard difficulty is probably the intended "normal" difficulty.

I really hate it when they do that. They have to do that so the casuals wouldn't feel worthless by playing on easy, so they renamed it to normal. Learned it the hard way and started Blue Dragon on Normal, which was really easy, to the point of not even being entertaining anymore. That's why I also started playing most games on the hardest difficulties, unless they are some of those that want you to beat the games on Normal before challenging the harder difficulties (games like DMC and Dynasty Warriors).

Aug 5, 2014 3:39 AM

Mar 2009
My favorites are probably '98, 2002 Ultimate Match, XI, and XIII. I absolutely loathe Maximum Impact and XII.

Yeah, '98 is quite good.
Aug 5, 2014 6:48 AM

May 2014
The one fighting game series I really got into was Soul Calibur. I first played II on the PS2 and loved it, especially playing as Talim. And then III brought user-created characters which was quite novel. I lost interest around IV though, and never played V, mainly due to drifting away from gaming at that point. If they release the next one for PC, I'll be sure to buy it, though!
Aug 5, 2014 9:55 AM

Apr 2013
avenx333 said:
The one fighting game series I really got into was Soul Calibur. I first played II on the PS2 and loved it, especially playing as Talim. And then III brought user-created characters which was quite novel. I lost interest around IV though, and never played V, mainly due to drifting away from gaming at that point. If they release the next one for PC, I'll be sure to buy it, though!

I also love Soul Calibur franchise, mainly due to how each character has a really distinct fighting style.
Soul calibur III is my favorite and the one that I played the most, although IV is really memorable since we get to play with the good ol daddy darth vader as a bonus character.

As for game, I just recently tried and maxed out all characters from South Park: Stick of Truth and getting 100% completion. Man, south park: SoT is so good, although I just realized that being a fan or having certain knowledge of south park franchise is a must to fully enjoy the whole game. I got my friend who doesn't know south park and he neither get the fun out of it or understand that south park is really just a big ball of satire.
but then again, it's rare to find someone who appreciate good satire, mostly because they don't know what's funny about it

Another game I currently play is saints row the third. I never get to play the first two, but it works just fine. Saints row is a lot of fun, like playing a crazier and better version of GTA
Aug 5, 2014 10:30 AM

Feb 2008
I loved playing with random generated characters in SCIV. Most of the time you'll get some ugly ass looking character that way, so it's really hilarious haha.

Aug 5, 2014 11:59 AM

Apr 2012
I dont like South Park too much so I couldnt really get into the stick of truth. South park is really a mixed bag, sometimes its really good and sometimes its just shit. Literally. Talking shit.
Aug 5, 2014 6:56 PM

Jan 2013
AlabastreAizo said:
My favorites are probably '98, 2002 Ultimate Match, XI, and XIII.

Told ya Zeta; these are the big 4 KoF titles. They are almost indisputably the best.
Aug 6, 2014 2:36 AM

Feb 2008
baki502 said:
Literally. Talking shit.

Aug 6, 2014 5:13 AM

Mar 2009
AngelsArcanum said:
AlabastreAizo said:
My favorites are probably '98, 2002 Ultimate Match, XI, and XIII.

Told ya Zeta; these are the big 4 KoF titles. They are almost indisputably the best.

Huh. Is this a common opinion? I've literally never talked to anyone else—or read any discussion—until now about which the best ones are. That's interesting that my opinion lines up with the general one. I knew '98 was popular, but that's about it. I really, really don't like XII.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (38) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The New Manga Enlightenment Camp - All plebes and Untermenschen MUST attend

Exinqt - Aug 21, 2015

31 by Ducat_Revel »»
Apr 2, 6:33 PM

» 10 Steps to Becoming an Anime Elitist

Deago - Jun 2, 2023

2 by AaronRRedfield »»
Jan 11, 3:52 PM

» Winter 2024 Overview

Deago - Dec 20, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Dec 20, 2023 8:24 AM

» Anime/Manga Recommendation Thread Based on Your List ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

TrishaCat - Jan 25, 2013

1161 by GanXWeed69o7 »»
Aug 19, 2023 12:15 PM

» Summer 2023 Overview

Deago - Jun 14, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Jun 14, 2023 7:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.