Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (38) « First ... « 35 36 [37] 38 »
Aug 8, 2016 10:41 PM

Oct 2011
Just a heads up to this incredibly dead thread, but we're getting a group together to play Dead by Daylight, private matches only (since the matchmaking is beyond broken). If anyone here is interested in joining, let me know.

Also, reminder that we have a steam group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/uberelitists
Aug 9, 2016 10:27 AM

Jul 2013
I finished The Last of Us and Journey. Some of the best gaming experiences I've had. Both beautiful games for different reasons. I was gripping the controller during the blizzard in The Last of Us. The ending was solid.

Any thoughts on these?
Nagisa33Aug 9, 2016 1:39 PM
Aug 10, 2016 4:45 AM

Feb 2008
Last of Us is a bit boring on normal, but I had lots of fun on survivor difficulty. Brings back old Resident Evil memories where every bullet had to count, and I had to either sneak past most encounters or take everyone out via melee. I didn't care much about the story, since I've seen/read enough zombie stories, but the gameplay, characters and story together were pretty fun. Need to get to grounded eventually, hear it's really difficult.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Aug 10, 2016 8:55 AM
May 2016

So why aren't you trying/playing Shin Megami Tensei yet?
Fanservice is great. Just like salt in your food. And just like salt in your food, if you have none it lacks taste, if you have too much, it's disgusting.
Aug 17, 2016 1:39 PM

Aug 2009
Dead by Daylight has grown on me. It's pretty fun, despite all the glitches. I juked her so hard.

Aug 19, 2016 10:38 PM

Aug 2009
Hello, all. If any of you are interested in gaming with fellow Ubers, we got a Discord chat up and running. Message @lordzeru if you want in on an invite. Hope to see some of you there.
Aug 25, 2016 6:40 AM

Aug 2010
dietmango said:
Hello, all. If any of you are interested in gaming with fellow Ubers, we got a Discord chat up and running. Message @lordzeru if you want in on an invite. Hope to see some of you there.

what kinda stuff do you guys play?
https://combosmooth.itch.io/ - I make free-to-play browser games for PC and I sell pixel art animation here
Aug 25, 2016 11:20 PM

Aug 2009
lunaticsrus said:
dietmango said:

what kinda stuff do you guys play?

Pretty much whatever. We've played some Garry's Mod and Tabletop Simulator in the past, as well as Minecraft. Nowadays it's been a little bit of Overwatch and Dead By Daylight, but if a game is fun enough to play with friends -- and if especially enough people in the chat want to play, we'll jump right on it.
Aug 27, 2016 5:12 PM

Feb 2008
So Attack on Titan game was released on Steam a while ago, and me being a big Koeifanboy I had to give it ago. Maybe 2 hours in, and it's interesting so far. The flying needs some practice since it's physical, as in the ropes attack to solid things and can break if another solid thing touches them. Combat is relatively simple, since you fly around and lock on to the necks. Easy when there's one titan, quite a mess when there's more, since they can break your ropes.

Definitely not worth the price, but for people who like Musou games and want Musou with a twist, it's probably worth it on a 30-50% sale. Koei game still give you a huge playtime.

Aug 29, 2016 10:15 PM

Jul 2013
Just started Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen. I saw an already made Griffith pawn and he's my hero! Sometimes the pawns hang back or don't fight the way I want them to. Still getting used to it though. Also, it's funny knowing Griffith is fighting to rid the world of evil in my game. Combat is fun. The large scale battles are really where it shines. Story and characters are meh. Setting is generic so far. I'm playing as a strider and then I want to get into a magick archer. Any tips for enjoying this game?
Aug 30, 2016 4:20 AM

Mar 2009
@nagisa33
Try out all the classes. It didn't click with me until I played around with Strider and whatever the upgrade of that is besides Assassin. The combat is incredible. Yeah, the story is nothing special, but running around the woods at night and getting decimated by a horrible beast is great fun. Also, a lot of cool stuff isn't available until near the end. Once I realized how much customization there was to the weapon skills and classes, that's when I started to love the game.

@KingHarkinian
I kinda can't get into super hardcore games anymore. My free time has to be split among so many of my interests when I'm not at work, so I have a hard time playing a game and dying over and over making no progress. That's what intimidates me about a lot of SMT games. I'm sure it's a great game, but I don't think I'm willing to invest the time.
Aug 31, 2016 10:46 AM
May 2016
@AlabastreAizo
Yeah, I can understand that. JRPGs take a crazy amount of time.

I'd tell you to play Digital Devil Saga to get a feel for it since it's super easy compared to the rest and takes less than 20h to complete on a first playthrough, but it's sort of mediocre. Poorly written and its system has a grind fetish. It is a good game with great style and is very SMT though.
Fanservice is great. Just like salt in your food. And just like salt in your food, if you have none it lacks taste, if you have too much, it's disgusting.
Sep 26, 2016 5:28 PM
Mar 2012
Have everyone playing Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse? I was considering getting that one along with the Original one for the 3DS. Is it worth a buy.

If not, what games are you currently playing. And what games are you looking forward to.
ZeroMoonSep 26, 2016 5:35 PM
Sep 27, 2016 4:40 PM

Jul 2013
ZeroMoon said:
Have everyone playing Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse? I was considering getting that one along with the Original one for the 3DS. Is it worth a buy.

If not, what games are you currently playing. And what games are you looking forward to.

Yeah, I plan on getting it in a bit. I may play 4 then Apocalypse but I'm more excited for the setting of Apocalypse though so I might jump in there. We'll see. Still have some games to play at the moment though.

I completed Deus Ex: Human Revolution in 2 days. After disliking my first impressions with the original version. I picked up the Dreector's Cut on the Wii U. The gamepad functions were well implemented. You read text files and hacked on it, which added to the immersion. It felt good to control that way. It's still fine on the other versions I'm sure but they really made it work well here. I'm impressed!

As for the Driector's Cut version the boss fights were much better as they allowed for multiple play styles, which Deus Ex is all about. For example, I was mainly a stealth hacker and in the first fight I snuck around the boss room hacking terminals to get hack turrets to take out the boss. That was fun. The biggest complaint about the game the first time is that I didn't feel empowered or like a secret agent, cyborg, super hacker. I didn't give the game enough time and I invested and see the upgrades in action. Some augments in this game are frankly, better than others. By 1/4 through the game I felt I could do everything I needed to do and the other augments were just icing on the cake. I felt empowered and crafty as I had hoped.

As for the gameplay itself, it gives you options but the game encourages you to hack, sneak, and explore around. More exp overall and you find out more secrets and hidden rooms. I found myself going backwards in hidden vents and passageways to see where they connected if I missed them. Solid sense of discovery. In the second half of the game I took a more action oriented / aggressive approach and it worked tonally as time felt more limited and the tension was mounting. The gunplay is a bit lackluster and frankly, the weapons weren't innovative. Pretty standard. Still I felt like Deckard with the revolver. The best part of the combat was using the takedowns and seeing the animations. Lethal and nonlethal were satisfying to pull off yet I mainly played nonlethally. Options for both play styles felt even, which is also appreciated.

My biggest complaint for the Director's cut is how the DLC "Missing Link" is implemented. You can't skip it as it's integrated right into the story. I wouldn't have minded had it been satisfying. They take away all your augments and you're supposed to work with a few abilities. The thought behind it was that you were supposed to feel vulnerable says the devs. The problem was that an unupgraded Adam Jensen is uninteresting. I'm playing this game to do cool things with robotic powers. Not to feel like a normal human. I mainly ran around while invisible, running past enemies, bc I didn't care for it. The additions to the story were meh. It's only about an hour and 30 minutes but I wasn't having fun while playing it so that's a mark against the experience for me.

As for the story, themes, and world- great stuff. Probably the best part of the game. I liked diving into conspiracy theories, learning how the world got so messed up, and how different characters react to the change in technology. Some characters rely on it and others despise what it's done to people. I remember this one conversation that a couple in Adam's apartment were having about regretting being augmented. The man found out the woman had been cheating on him with a non augmented person. He was mad at her for cheating and that she didn't want to feel him with his augmented body. She didn't like what they'd given up in exchange for augmented bodies. Yet, as far as characters that I cared about and interesting subplots that I was invested in. There wasn't much. I was more focused on sniffing down the conspiracy behind the main plot than the rest. Something fishy was up and I wanted to take hold of it.

The environmental storytelling was the best part of the game in my opinion. There was this one apartment in China where all it was furnished with was a bow of noodles, a table, and a chair. There was writing on the wall that I didn't understand. Neon lights were blaring through the desolate space. Strange and unnerving. It really sold the point of the messed up world. It me think, "How can people live like this?"

In the end you get to make a decision to shape the future, which hones in on the themes of reliance on technology, unregulated innovation, trepidation towards technology, and control. It also felt a bit like I was playing Blade Runner at parts as it takes many cues from that.

Oh, and some pieces from the soundtrack were solid. It was all quite atmospheric yet much of it was similar. Here's two of my favorites.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe0imQJjzWI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-0qUKk7grA

I sure wrote a lot about this one. For all that I must say I appreciated it more than I enjoyed it. I'd give it a 3/5. It was a bit rough around the edges but overall a positive experience. I'm excited for the new one and to play the original.
Nagisa33Sep 27, 2016 5:32 PM
Sep 27, 2016 7:54 PM

Feb 2008
It seems so like you Nagisa, always jumping right into sequels and skipping everything haha.

Sep 28, 2016 7:03 PM

Jul 2013
ZetaZaku said:
It seems so like you Nagisa, always jumping right into sequels and skipping everything haha.

Hmmmmmm!!!!! Like for what? I consider Wolfenstein: The New Order or Deus Ex: Human Revolution as a sort of a reboot for those series. Kind of like playing Resident Evil 4 where you don't really need to know what came before to enjoy it. I fell in love with RE4 for the snappiness/cheesiness of the lines and the charm of the characters. Isn't that what matters at the end of the day- enjoying the experience? Hey, and even going back and being curious about past titles. But you could be right in some cases. Any other titles you're thinking of? As for Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse, yeah I'd be jumping in the thick of things. I'm still waffling on that.

Deus Ex: Go now and it's a fun puzzle game. My interest in mobile games has been increasing. Any good ones?

We Know the Devil: A quick VN that follows these teens who grapple with their own insecurities. Also it touches on transgenderism, abuse, and illness in in a subtle manner. A solid experience. In the beginning I thought it was trying too hard or not being genuine but it really solid me as it went on. Solid.

Bioshock 2 and Minerva's Den: Long story short. Bio 2 was meh and Minerva's Den was a interesting short experience with a satisfying twist and pretty good characters.

Walking Dead: 400 Days. Solid stuff. A continuation of the series with some interesting vignettes. You briefly get to play as 5 characters and some are more impactful than others. There was one where you follow these two stoners driving away from a guy who's shooting at them. When the heat goes down they say ridiculous stuff. The lines were quality such as "Remember when TJ got high, and tried to put a pancake in the CD player?" Funny stuff. Glad I played it. Will continue to season 2 but I'll save it closer to Halloween cuz tis the season.

Sleeping Dogs. I got to smack people with fish! Overall I wasn't blown away. I didn't much care for the characters or the story, which was the main reason I picked it up. It had a lot of gangster and martial arts movie influences but they kind of seemed phoned in or expected. Just ok in my book.

Papers Please: I get agida while playing this and I think I'm finished after two hours. "That's the point!" I hear you say but I'm getting a similar feeling to doing paperwork at my job. No thanks. I'll watch a lets play of it later to see some story beats. I already made some tough decisions. I suppose it already accomplished its goal of eliciting a certain emotional response so good job game. I can respect that but even so it's not really a response I like to have. It's similar to (but not as worse) as when I finished Texhnolyze. Eh, I could do without that.

Max Payne 3: Max is a drug fueled tornado rampaging through endless goons with with bullet time. Best 3rd person shooter I've played since Vanquish. Some of the best gameplay I've experienced for a shooter.

Firewatch: Some of the best playful back and forth in a game. There's a lot going on but I believe it's about difficulty in moving forward, figuring oneself out, and how some relationships are temporary.

Virginia: The dramatic cuts are interesting but the story not so much.

Anyone play any of these games and care to share your thoughts?
Nagisa33Oct 8, 2016 2:11 PM
Oct 14, 2016 8:35 AM

Feb 2012
Guess I'll post hype about it here because I'm not sure of anyone else that would be hype for it....

DONDONPACHI RESURRECTION OUT ON STEEEEEEEEEEEEEAM, ALL THE VERSIONS INCLUDING BLACK LABEL HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT
Dec 12, 2016 5:10 PM
Mar 2012
Has anyone playing Final Fantasy XV yet? The thread been less active. And I have finished this game last Monday.
Dec 13, 2016 1:31 PM

Sep 2011
ZeroMoon said:
Has anyone playing Final Fantasy XV yet? The thread been less active. And I have finished this game last Monday.
im at chapter 11 and hoping to beat it in the next few days. I'm adoring the past couple chapters and how it basically turned into a yoko taro game in terms of pure suffering for the cast.

My biggest issues so far are i just wish there were way more cut scenes, and that the bosses were better.
JizzyHitlerDec 13, 2016 3:55 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 14, 2016 3:53 PM

Aug 2010
Hey hey, im an 3D artist on a ipad exclusive game called Magerift.
Its free and we currently have an early version of the game on the app store.

We could use some feedback!
https://combosmooth.itch.io/ - I make free-to-play browser games for PC and I sell pixel art animation here
Dec 14, 2016 7:17 PM

Sep 2011
Welp i finally beat FFXV, its not without some very notable let downs especially how the entire nifleheim conflict was more or less a red herring to the actual plot. I get what they were going for with it since it mainly existed as an aversion to the typical plotline in favor of the main antagonists plot that you really only notice is the actual plot of the game after a certain point late in. That said even with its dissapointments its been a long time a game has left me this satisfied and emotionally broken cause god damn did this game end on a high note. The ending really got to me and progressively broke me down as it went on, i was surprised how composed i was during the initial scenes, started to wane a bit during the credits as they showed the pictures i saved, then i was fighting back tears during the mid credit scene, stupidly let my guard down only for the post credits scene to get a tear out of me. Also the villain was fucking great, i was worried how threatening he'd be since they play him pretty goofy during the entire first half but holy shit does he shine in the 2nd half.

I do have some major gripes with it, but the things XV did right left me so pleased with my experiences with it and i spent most of the day reflecting on all the moments i had with the game, it really felt like i got to go on a journey with these 4 characters myself and im just left thinking of all the dumb little moments i had with them as well as the more heartwrenching ones like the motel scene with prompto or pretty much any character interaction in the 2nd half. Speaking of the 2nd half im glad i actually wound up on the half of people that loved it rather than hated it, though chapter 13 really is as shit as they say though the twist at the end of it was great.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 7, 2017 7:15 PM

Jul 2013
Recently I beat:

Titanfall 2 : better than average campaign. Fun multiplayer. I get to pilot giant robots!!!

Metro: Redux - Didn't like 2033 and didn't bother to play Last Light. I thought it was dated, unfunny when it was trying to be, a bit bland in terms of gunplay.

Bound: very pretty. dancing is a cool idea to use for defending yourself. Short and sweet. Solid overall.

Inside: Didn't like it that much though the ending was unexpected and solid.

1979 Revolution: Black Friday: just ok. Didn't really like the ending.

The Order: 1886. Unexpectedly, I loved it. They did a good job with the dick physics. Hahaha! Some of the guns were a blast to use and I loved how British everyone was. I loved the alternate Victorian England setting and the world building. The way some surprises were revealed really clicked with me. Also "A drink goddamn you!"

Doom: One of my favorite FPS campaigns in years. I love how angry the doomguy was. Also, it was refreshing to play a good arcadey shooter again. The rock music also fit perfectly.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End- Superb. Best in the series. Improved on many aspects and took notes from The Last of Us like stealth, which I loved. Villains that I gave a damn about. It couldn't have ended better either.

Also, the Nier, Resident Evil 7, and Gravity Rush 2 demo were solid.

Any thoughts on these?
Nagisa33Jan 7, 2017 7:28 PM
Jan 10, 2017 12:18 AM

Aug 2009
Really starting to enjoy Titanfall 2 more and more. Glad I delayed my GOTY list a bit longer to catch up on things.

Jan 10, 2017 6:01 PM

Jul 2013
What are your thoughts on the Last Guardian? I'm playing it now and it's pretty good after I warmed up to it. I needed to also be in the right mood which is similar to the one that I watched mushishi in. Also, I'm not having control problems, which I've heard ppl complain about which is nice.
Jan 13, 2017 8:36 PM

Jul 2013
I just beat Gravity Rush Remastered. The music was upbeat. The world was very pretty and I loved exploring it from all angles. Characters were pretty basic but fun nonetheless. I had a good time with it and I'm excited for 2.

Any thoughts on Gravity Rush 1 or 2?
Jan 16, 2017 7:49 PM

Jul 2013
I'm not really enjoying The Witcher 3 and I think I might stop. It's quite pretty, the lighting's phenomenal, some characters are interesting, the world is somewhat unique but still very fantasy-like despite playing with tropes. I'm simply somewhat bored. Combat is bland. Character interactions are where I feel this game shines. I finished the Djin quest and now I just met Triss. Some moments surprise me in a good way and some are uninteresting. We'll see what happens.

Maybe it's not my kind of game for whatever reason. I wasn't fond of 2 and I'm still willing to give it more time, for a little longer at least.

Any thoughts on The Witcher 3? I'd appreciate to hear from people who really loved it!
Nagisa33Jan 16, 2017 8:15 PM
Jan 19, 2017 12:28 AM

Feb 2008
Anyone seen the recent Nintendo direct? What a great time to be a Fire Emblem fan, with 3+1 games announced and some released soon. And apparently the next mainline game might be on Switch.

Jan 19, 2017 7:40 AM

Sep 2011
im finally playing through dark souls 3 cause i really want to beat it before NI-OH comes out, its good but I really cant get into it like i did the past entries, everything has just been done already and especially after coming off of bloodborne making it fresh again 3 just feels like an afterthought of an entry, its leagues above dark souls 2 thats for fucking sure though. I'm still having fun but nothing has really wowed me or caught me off guard yet. I'm only about 7 hours in so i cant really say this with certainty but this has been the easiest of the 5 games so far especially the boss fights.

I dont know, im glad they are retiring this franchise for now, well from soft is i fully expect namco to announce another one from a new developer.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jan 19, 2017 4:22 PM

Jul 2013
JizzyHitler said:
im finally playing through dark souls 3...

I'm glad they're moving on as well. I liked DS3 but BB was much more interesting overall. I'd like to see what they do more with a new IP.
Jan 19, 2017 6:05 PM

Sep 2011
Nagisa33 said:
JizzyHitler said:
im finally playing through dark souls 3...

I'm glad they're moving on as well. I liked DS3 but BB was much more interesting overall. I'd like to see what they do more with a new IP.
Miyazaki's next game is apparently a ps4 exclusive fantasy rpg so we will see if it winds up being more of the same or not. I know from soft said they are working on 3 games and 1 of which is confirmed to be a new armored core so who knows what the next "spiritual successor" to souls will be. Alot of people dont know but souls itself is just a spiritual successor to kings field

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jan 19, 2017 6:15 PM

Jul 2010
ZetaZaku said:
Anyone seen the recent Nintendo direct? What a great time to be a Fire Emblem fan, with 3+1 games announced and some released soon. And apparently the next mainline game might be on Switch.

Even though I wouldn't call myself a Fire Emblem fan since I've only played 3 of them and have yet to play Fates, it really looks promising.
Jan 19, 2017 6:19 PM

Jan 2014
I'm glad Gaiden's getting remade so I can finally experience every Fire Emblem game. No way was I going to play the original NES version.
Jan 19, 2017 7:15 PM

Jul 2013
JizzyHitler said:
Miyazaki's next game is apparently a ps4 exclusive fantasy rpg so we will see if it winds up being more of the same or not. I know from soft said they are working on 3 games and 1 of which is confirmed to be a new armored core so who knows what the next "spiritual successor" to souls will be. Alot of people dont know but souls itself is just a spiritual successor to kings field

Hmmmm, I didn't know about those projects. Interesting and I'm looking forward to them. I'm excited. For DS3, even the DLC, while fun for a bit and intriguing, was one of the weaker ones. Hopefully the next one will be a bit better. As for Kings Field- never looked like too much fun for me personally. The Armored core games kept me away with the level of customizability being way too in depth. It's probably not that difficult once I get going but even so. I'm looking for something with more ease of access. Any thoughts on any From Soft titles, past, future, or present? What would you like to see?
Jan 20, 2017 3:46 PM

Mar 2009
heavylobsterguy said:
I'm glad Gaiden's getting remade so I can finally experience every Fire Emblem game. No way was I going to play the original NES version.

Yeah. I own a copy. I just can't get through it. It is so damn slow.
Jan 21, 2017 9:44 PM

Jul 2013
I played Nioh Last Chance Trial pretty much all night and it was awesome. Very impressed. I liked the ki system. It keeps things fast paced.
Feb 5, 2017 9:14 PM

Jul 2013
I beat Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and I'm disappointed. Story wasn't as solid. I didn't care about the characters. Additional abilities were nice though didn't flow well with each other. The hubworld left me wanting to explore other areas in the world like in the first game. Whenever I left the main hub I was excited. The ghetto may have been my favorite area as it just screamed blade runner. Heck, maybe I just want a blade runner video game instead.

Any thoughts on Deus Ex: Mankind Divided?
Mar 4, 2017 6:39 PM

Jul 2013
I beat The Last Guardian. The controls were frustrating. It reminded me of playing the first assassin's creed where I wanted to go somewhere or do something and it did something else. This was even worse when I told Trico to climb a tower and it goes back down. It takes time to scale him and even more time to tell him where to go. So repeating this process was a bother. Gameplay was not fun for me if it was controlling the wonky movements of the boy or telling Trico what to do. Besides that it was a beautiful game, the world was gorgeous, and I liked Trico in that it was a creatively designed animal.

TLDR- Frustrating controls, pretty game.

Any thoughts on The Last Guardian?

Edit: After giving it time to settle. I'm thinking more about the beautiful world than being pissed off while playing. "Man, that was pretty" are thoughts coming to mind.
Nagisa33Mar 8, 2017 5:43 AM
Mar 4, 2017 8:29 PM
Mar 2012
Nagisa33 said:
I beat The Last Guardian. The controls were frustrating. It reminded me of playing the first assassin's creed where I wanted to go somewhere or do something and it did something else. This was even worse when I told Trico to climb a tower and it goes back down. It takes time to scale him and even more time to tell him where to go. So repeating this process was a bother. Gameplay was not fun for me if it was controlling the wonky movements of the boy or telling Trico what to do. Besides that it was a beautiful game, the world was gorgeous, and I liked Trico in that it was a creatively designed animal.

TLDR- Frustrating controls, pretty game.

Any thoughts on The Last Guardian?

Not playing The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild?
Mar 4, 2017 8:41 PM

Jul 2013
@zeromoon No Wii U or Switch at the moment, I'm looking to borrow a friend's after he's finished with it.
Mar 14, 2017 1:15 PM

Jul 2013
I beat Nier Automata. One of the best video game soundtracks out there. The story was pretty good and I liked the amount of endings in this game. As for gameplay it's one of Platinum's best. I must say I like Bayonetta a tad more just because of witch time but this has an option later in the game for a similar effect. Great stuff overall.

Any thoughts?
Apr 3, 2017 5:33 AM

Sep 2011
I haven't really played many games lately.

Ghost Recon Wildlands is really fun if you play with friends on max difficulty without radar. Otherwise it's too easy. One of the few games which is actually more difficult when you have people to play with since you die in one hit by anything above a pistol.

Finished up Dark Souls III for good. It was an okay ending to a great franchise. I'm very glad there won't be more Dark Souls. I'm gonna check out whatever FromSoft does in the coming future but unless they make something new I am not interested.

For Honor was honestly quite disappointing. 6/10

Other than that it's been Rimworld, Isaac and Civ VI mostly.
May 24, 2017 3:23 PM

Jul 2013
What games have you guys been enjoying this year?
Nagisa33May 24, 2017 5:42 PM
Jun 6, 2017 5:08 AM

Mar 2009
NieR Automata is one of my favorite games of all time already. That was probably my favorite gaming experience of the year so far. Zelda Breath of the Wild is also incredibly fun. I play Overwatch with my two best friends from back home most weekends, and that makes me laugh a ton.

Also, I beat Super Metroid for the first time a few months ago. The game has aged very well, and I was pretty blown away by many different parts. The direction and pacing is so good. The boss battles freaked me out.
Jun 9, 2017 6:18 PM

Jul 2013
AlabastreAizo said:
NieR Automata is one of my favorite games of all time already. That was probably my favorite gaming experience of the year so far. Zelda Breath of the Wild is also incredibly fun. I play Overwatch with my two best friends from back home most weekends, and that makes me laugh a ton.

Also, I beat Super Metroid for the first time a few months ago. The game has aged very well, and I was pretty blown away by many different parts. The direction and pacing is so good. The boss battles freaked me out.

Great games. I'm glad you enjoyed them. Nier and Nier Automata have some of the best soundtracks in videogames that I've heard. Heck, Super Metroid has some superb songs as well that have been remixed quite well in the Prime series.

Some tracks from Nier. What makes it one of you favorite games of all time? I thought it had top notch music, interesting characters, and story unlike most games out there. The experience and the multiple endings presented in this manner is something that I'd like to see more in games. I know visual novels have this as their bread and butter but it was great to see it in a action game. Speaking of which Platinum really did well to help out on the combat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRHkPCFAeF4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbBGWRqt7uM

Metroid 3's red soil theme that was remixed in Metroid prime 2. Metroid 3 is a game that it's atmosphere is one if its strongest points and the music certainly helps cement that. Metroid 3 used to be my top Metroidvania game but then Symphony of the Nigh took that spot when I played it a few years later. I love Metroid 3 but I do think it isn't as smooth to play as SOTN if that makes any sense. Anyway, both are giants in that style of game. I'm glad you enjoyed Super Metroid! It's a classic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZX2N9_7NO8

I haven't played the new zelda but I'm going to play it this summer. I've heard it's the best in the series but more than that it's plain fun, with the joy of exploration being its strongest aspect.
Nagisa33Jun 10, 2017 8:17 AM
Jun 11, 2017 10:49 PM

Jul 2013
I just beat What Remains of Edith Finch and I had a blast. The gameplay involves you exploring the nooks and crannies of this old, very lived in, house. The gameplay and tone changes as you learn about the family members. I found myself smiling from ear to ear while playing more than a few of them. There's also this sense of mystery lingering in the air that kept me hooked. I don't want to much else as it's an experience worth having organically.
Jun 12, 2017 1:00 PM

Jun 2012

I haven't been this genuinely excited for a video game in a long ass time. This is the fighter DBZ has deserved since forever.
Jul 19, 2017 12:28 AM
Aug 2011
Hey I don't know if it counts as a Real Vidja Game, but I have a spare steam key for this one visual novel (due to overlapping Humble Bundles)

The game is World End Economica vol.1, if anyone wants the key, pm me.
Jul 23, 2017 10:50 AM
May 2016
I see the Spice & Wolf author really wants us to learn about economics.

Sounds cool, but I don't think I'll play it.
Sep 11, 2017 8:06 PM

Oct 2011
Anyone here playing PUBG or Rocket League?
Oct 11, 2017 2:38 AM

Sep 2011
PUBG is GOTY 2017
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (38) « First ... « 35 36 [37] 38 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The New Manga Enlightenment Camp - All plebes and Untermenschen MUST attend

Exinqt - Aug 21, 2015

31 by Ducat_Revel »»
Apr 2, 6:33 PM

» 10 Steps to Becoming an Anime Elitist

Deago - Jun 2, 2023

2 by AaronRRedfield »»
Jan 11, 3:52 PM

» Winter 2024 Overview

Deago - Dec 20, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Dec 20, 2023 8:24 AM

» Anime/Manga Recommendation Thread Based on Your List ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

TrishaCat - Jan 25, 2013

1161 by GanXWeed69o7 »»
Aug 19, 2023 12:15 PM

» Summer 2023 Overview

Deago - Jun 14, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Jun 14, 2023 7:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.