Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 20, 2009 3:55 PM

Jan 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another series I had some issue this episode with in the not like. My problem is Arawn. His Harem and how girls fall for him even after trying to kill him. How he is to be evil and all think he is not. I think he hiding something and me not like it at all. What I liked:
*Morgan's bravery to try and kill Arawn (too bad it failed). *Whole fight of Arthur forces with Morgan/Riannon on base to capture ships and escape land. *Blood and action nice! So far no censors on blood seem to me better than Tales of the Abyss. *All of the magic used on this episode, is similar to "Tales of the Abyss" so me like it. *Morgan's archery skills, she remind a little of Nathalia. *Ogam's staff! Oh that dragon and shiny green orb! *Gaius dagger throwing at Arawn (too bad that not kill him also but at least it wounded him. HA! Arawn not so GOD like after all). *Arthur's fight with Arawn on ship but is make me MAD! Arthur losing was bad. I wanted him to teach Arawn he not that good. Chikushou! (Damn). *Finally land!
What I did not like:

Magic effects like these me always like in anime. So me am happy about this.

Another thing is Morgan's nice physique and archery skills. Nice.

No blood censoring and really liked the fights. Sugoi soredemo action! (Amazing and action!).

Next episode.....Arthur/Arawn share love pain?

Was this necessary? Ogam cured him so unless to show Arawn have woman power, I find this pointless.
japanme32Apr 23, 2009 9:35 AM
Apr 21, 2009 4:26 PM
Jun 2007
harem i see. so the third wife's on next ep? lol
Apr 21, 2009 8:10 PM

Jan 2009
Drengot said:
harem i see. so the third wife's on next ep? lol

Yeah guess Evil God gets a lot of girls. Wifes? Harem is detected.

Me saw again. Thinking that laws of Tribe should be changed...lose head if you fail? Not good at all. Thinking still Arawn has some evil secret.
japanme32Apr 21, 2009 9:19 PM
Apr 22, 2009 2:47 AM

Apr 2008
I want subs!
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise"
Apr 22, 2009 5:37 AM
Jun 2007
Remus_Lupa said:
I want subs!

It's already out ages ago.. People never bother reading the description. It got released without episode number. lol
http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=60056
Apr 22, 2009 7:20 AM

Oct 2007
You don't understand why Morgan dueled Arawn, she had failed in her mission to prepare the boats which would mean her getting her head chopped off when she got back to camp. Arawn was a way for her to die with honor but that obviously failed... and than he ends up being the chief of the tribe and he spares her life and takes her as his second wife, no wonder she's smitten.

Apr 22, 2009 4:23 PM

Oct 2008
The harem aspect of this show with girls just out of the blue becoming his loving wife is starting to get a little ridiculous, but i am for sure liking the Utawarerumono feel.

This episode was significantly better than the disappointing last episode. The fighting was less dull as well which helped and we met a potential rival who won't die in 2 seconds (hopefully).

As long as it keeps the upward trend it seems to have now while also not getting too insanely stupid with the harem aspect (i.e. not getting a new wife every other episode), will continue to watch.
Apr 22, 2009 7:19 PM

Feb 2008
damn i wanna be the village chief too if every woman i meet wants to be my wife. hahaha.

the fights were pretty good, very nicely animated. we get a brief history of whats going on in the world. next week they go the great city.
Apr 22, 2009 7:33 PM

Apr 2008
This episode was an improvement. The fighting was much more interesting and we got a lot of backstory.
Apr 22, 2009 7:41 PM

Jan 2009
Falatorx said:
The harem aspect of this show with girls just out of the blue becoming his loving wife is starting to get a little ridiculous, (i.e. not getting a new wife every other episode), will continue to watch.

^ this. Me agreed. New wife every episode? No me not find it harem anymore but repetitive. Is frustrating that Arthur not get girls but all Arawn so far. Arthur even give up by telling Arawn to make Riannon happy.

Arthur all the way and Arawn not care except for fights.
Apr 22, 2009 8:37 PM

Jul 2008
dudes not with the tribe for 24hrs and now hes got two wives, that pretty quick.
so i wonder what the truth is about arawn's past and how old is that old man anyways, at least 300 something, since he knew arawn before then
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Apr 22, 2009 8:41 PM

Jan 2009
kage-bunshin said:
dudes not with the tribe for 24hrs and now hes got two wives, that pretty quick.
so i wonder what the truth is about arawn's past and how old is that old man anyways, at least 300 something, since he knew arawn before then

Old man=Gandolf! He look like him a lot.
Apr 22, 2009 8:45 PM

Sep 2008
Lol...........

Its funny and the fighting scenes are so amazing!!!
Apr 22, 2009 9:35 PM

Jan 2008
I'm rather impressed by the fight scenes too, quite realistic damage. The only thing that feels unrealistic is Arthur's like of using thrusting attacks. It's the basics of sword combat - you don't thrust when you're outnumbered... but this is me nitpicking now.

IIRC something about the game explains Arawn as a "women magnet", that he tends to get women to become his wifes without trying and by pure accident, so yes this whole wife/episode is likely to continue until we gain the cast. I guess this must come from the side of Leaf/Aquaplus that isn't good at writing romance (seeing as this is also the studio that produced toheart and white album).
Uta may have done a good job on the anime, but the game leaves a rather sour taste with its out-of-place H-scenes.

So yeah, don't expect that much from the romance part of the story, is what I think.

Arawn wants to select the king rather than be king, I think that's what he meant by the whole "principles/code of royalty". He did do it before...
Apr 22, 2009 10:37 PM

Aug 2008
Well, I really don't know why, but I liked this episode. Even with all the cliches, it seems that what will ultimately save this show is Arawn's personality and the overall presentation. I can stand him getting a harem if he is totally against the idea, and not falling into boobs and blushing all the time. But if that starts happening, I'm pretty sure I'll start hating the show.

And Arthur needs less screen time. So does the archer, unless she's shooting arrows. I don't know that any other show has successfuly made archery look as elegant as it did in this episode.
Apr 22, 2009 10:54 PM
Jun 2007
japanme32 said:
Falatorx said:
The harem aspect of this show with girls just out of the blue becoming his loving wife is starting to get a little ridiculous, (i.e. not getting a new wife every other episode), will continue to watch.

^ this. Me agreed. New wife every episode? No me not find it harem anymore but repetitive. Is frustrating that Arthur not get girls but all Arawn so far. Arthur even give up by telling Arawn to make Riannon happy.

It's because Arthur's a loser. He is like one of those cliche main hero characters. Thus, he is annoying, and I bet the creators feel the same way as I do.

Oh btw, if you're curious, Arawn's going to get
wives. =) =) =) =)
Apr 22, 2009 11:29 PM

Jan 2009
Drengot said:
japanme32 said:
Falatorx said:

It's because Arthur's a loser. He is like one of those cliche main hero characters. Thus, he is annoying, and I bet the creators feel the same way as I do.

Oh btw, if you're curious, Arawn's going to get
wives. =) =) =) =)

Oh my.....O_O Please not tell me that he eats them or does ecchi things with them. We going to have a demon with a harem. Boku daikirai akuma! (I hate demons).
Apr 23, 2009 1:39 AM

Apr 2008
isnt that bad this episode =]

Apr 23, 2009 2:42 AM

Mar 2009
after ep 3 i love the anime even more^^
i really didnt expect those awesome magic effects

@the talk about arther defeating arawn
if arawn loses only one fight to any human i'm gonna dropp this anime

i mean come on he's the god damn demon king what does that make of him if he looses to a human (at least let it be a sorcerer if he has to lose)
Apr 23, 2009 2:57 AM

Jan 2009
Seems like it doesn't really matter if Arawn dies. Wonder how many times he had already died
Apr 23, 2009 6:36 AM

Apr 2009
halberdiers said:
Seems like it doesn't really matter if Arawn dies. Wonder how many times he had already died

It just because he's an immortal demon king ~~ -__-

New wife every episode ? oh my. just change the genre then.

galacticknightApr 23, 2009 7:59 PM
Apr 23, 2009 7:25 AM

Sep 2008
if we had to compare this to Utawarerumono then I'd go for this anime as hakuoro was boring as hell and was too emo....arawn has way better charisma about him hence him getting the harem of wives throughout this anime

arawn kicks ass in this anime!
Apr 23, 2009 8:47 AM

Jun 2008
Good episode.
I've liked the fight scenes. Also Arawn two wives are pretty annoying.
Apr 23, 2009 11:25 AM

Sep 2008
A cool episode ^^ Arawn is an awesome character.

Apr 23, 2009 11:48 AM

Oct 2007
interesting progression, nice to see some backstory coming too
Apr 23, 2009 5:21 PM

Apr 2009
love the way the fight scenes are set up. At first when I saw the freeze frame / zoom shots during the fights in the earlier episode I was like this is going to get over used.

But for some reason it works out quite well.

Loved the rest of the episode as well.
Apr 23, 2009 8:25 PM

Apr 2009
the action is coming along nicely, as everyone's saying. i also like how Arawn is already uber, and we don't have to waste time on him training and getting better. none of the other characters really stood out that much though
Apr 23, 2009 8:34 PM

Oct 2007
I'm done. I tried to like this show but I just can't. Watching Arthur just accept this guy as Chieftain despite vehemently disagreeing less than two episodes ago. Then the whole harem aspect is even more ridiculous than usual with absolutely no buildup at all. Dropped.

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Apr 23, 2009 9:55 PM

Dec 2008
^^Meh agreed but I still think the action makes it worthwhile.
Apr 25, 2009 4:39 PM

Apr 2009
Ahhh great Harem..

Apr 26, 2009 12:29 AM

Sep 2008
this show keeps improving which is good :), i felt like there was a bit of character devlopment missing at the start of this episode. I can't exactly describe it but it just felt that way. The action was great though, it's realistic and not over the top, plenty of gore, and has lots of cool camera-like work with the angles and zooms. The story seems to be building up slowly aswell. This series could end up being so good.
Apr 27, 2009 12:10 AM

Jan 2008
Very nice episode overall, I didn't expect to see such awesome fighting scenes here. Hope they will keep that up. A bit of utawarerumono vibes, but still good.

Apr 27, 2009 10:17 AM

Jul 2008
Like many have said, the harem aspects are really driving this anime into the ground. Not to mention the person receiving this harem(Arawn) acts like a nonchalant wise-ass 90% of the time.
Apr 27, 2009 1:06 PM

Aug 2008
He's the only reason why I'm not so bothered by the harem as I would be in something like Asu no Yoichi.
Apr 28, 2009 1:33 AM

Nov 2006
oh ho
maa yoi de arimasenka

elf dude was hot :(
Apr 28, 2009 2:50 AM

Apr 2008
Seems like some people are missing the fact that this is based upon an eroge, so yeah, the harem development isn't surprising. Action reminds me more of the movie 300 than other anime at times, which is mildly amusing.
Apr 28, 2009 4:43 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Hm, the last episode left me curious after seeing the preview with Morgan. But she's quite disappointing, just like this episode. At least the animation is very solid. Still, this has nothing on Utawarerumono.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 28, 2009 8:55 AM

Aug 2008
arthur is the shit, demon king sucks serisouly. i hate that guy.
Apr 28, 2009 12:35 PM

Jan 2009
japanme32 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another series I had some issue this episode with in the not like. My problem is Arawn. His Harem and how girls fall for him even after trying to kill him. How he is to be evil and all think he is not. I think he hiding something and me not like it at all. What I liked:
*Morgan's bravery to try and kill Arawn (too bad it failed). *Whole fight of Arthur forces with Morgan/Riannon on base to capture ships and escape land. *Blood and action nice! So far no censors on blood seem to me better than Tales of the Abyss. *All of the magic used on this episode, is similar to "Tales of the Abyss" so me like it. *Morgan's archery skills, she remind a little of Nathalia. *Ogam's staff! Oh that dragon and shiny green orb! *Gaius dagger throwing at Arawn (too bad that not kill him also but at least it wounded him. HA! Arawn not so GOD like after all). *Arthur's fight with Arawn on ship but is make me MAD! Arthur losing was bad. I wanted him to teach Arawn he not that good. Chikushou! (Damn). *Finally land!
What I did not like:

Magic effects like these me always like in anime. So me am happy about this.

Another thing is Morgan's nice physique and archery skills. Nice.

No blood censoring and really liked the fights. Sugoi soredemo action! (Amazing and action!).

Next episode.....Arthur/Arawn share love pain?

Was this necessary? Ogam cured him so unless to show Arawn have woman power, I find this pointless.
dude if you have played the h game like I have (which is my favorite h game despite the censors) then you will learn to love arawn and by the way, the harem will continue. Oh and I do suggest that you play the eroge as it is great gameplay for an eroge and you learn slot about tears to tiara. I have yet to see the show stray from the games plot yet. Aside from the sex scenes
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Apr 28, 2009 2:08 PM
Dec 2007
Great exodus episode that clears up a lot of background stuff concerning Arawn and the poilitics of the human world. Still a very interesting series so far, and Morgan seems fun too.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Apr 28, 2009 2:14 PM

Oct 2007
thecandyman328 said:
Aside from the sex scenes

Having sex already? O_o

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Apr 28, 2009 2:30 PM

Aug 2007
Is Morgan really voiced by Mai Nakahara? >_>

First time I've ever heard her use a voice like that.
Apr 28, 2009 2:54 PM

Jan 2009
Siva said:
thecandyman328 said:

Having sex already? O_o

Yeah at this point on the ship Morgan gave Arawn a blowjob in the H-Game and more.... :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Apr 28, 2009 9:22 PM

Sep 2008
thecandyman328 said:
Siva said:
thecandyman328 said:

Having sex already? O_o

Yeah at this point on the ship Morgan gave Arawn a blowjob in the H-Game and more.... :)

yea i started watching this then my hentai obsessed friend started talking about the game and i was like 'what?? it's a hentai game??'
Apr 29, 2009 11:22 AM

Jul 2008
Wow! The action scenes are just as good as they are in Utawarerumono, and the slow motion shots are superb. Looking forward to the rest.
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
Apr 29, 2009 7:37 PM

Jun 2007
Defiance said:
Like many have said, the harem aspects are really driving this anime into the ground. Not to mention the person receiving this harem(Arawn) acts like a nonchalant wise-ass 90% of the time.

He's the only reason why I dislike this show right now. I'd like to see Arthur hook up with at least one girl.
May 1, 2009 3:02 AM

May 2007
lol at people complaining about the harem. It's just going to get better (or worse, if you want to call it that way.) I didn't exactly like it either (especially after the fourth one or so,) but I don't think it harms the anime either way. I came to watch action and the epic story that'll unfold, and I got what I wanted. Why say no to a little Morgan fanservice?

Arawn deflecting the dagger wasn't as cool as I expected (probably because they actually showed him deflecting, unlike the game in which the dagger was instantly beneath Gaius' feet.) Thank God Morgan and Arthur aren't half annoying as they are in the game.
May 1, 2009 5:54 AM

Jul 2008
Arawn getting a harem doesn't really bother me. His personality is pretty fun to watch and unlike with other anime where when a guy gets a harem, always accidentally ending up in sexual positions with them and getting all embarassed, Arawn's just kind of whatever about it.

Morgan's personality was a bit surprising though. After she tried to kill Arawn, I didn't expect her to be falling at his feet later in the episode. I'm glad to see that Riannon isn't as useless as I thought she was. I didn't expect her to contribute at all during the fight scene, but at least she did, a bit anyway.
May 1, 2009 12:15 PM

Jan 2009
Arawn: "I'm the daemon king, you know" (Krauser-san) hehe. Very entertaining. Girls licking Arawn's wound was funny, for a moment I thought that the old guy would too ^_^
The characters are great.
May 1, 2009 6:36 PM

Aug 2008
The fight scenes were really impressive and nicely animated. I have to agree that this episode is a huge improvement as compared to the last episode. We also have some minor development in the story and character relationship. Not to mention, his harem is building up stupendously. I do believe that this show will be better off without it.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tears to Tiara Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

japanme32 - Apr 13, 2009

81 by wildhood »»
Mar 2, 9:13 AM

Poll: » Tears to Tiara Episode 25 Discussion

daniking79 - Sep 21, 2009

31 by yveltalkyogre »»
May 7, 2023 1:02 PM

Poll: » Tears to Tiara Episode 5 Discussion

MrTerrorist - May 3, 2009

41 by yveltalkyogre »»
May 7, 2023 11:06 AM

Poll: » Tears to Tiara Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Evilincarnate - Sep 27, 2009

67 by Inexplicable »»
Sep 25, 2022 12:37 PM

Poll: » Tears to Tiara Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MrTerrorist - Jul 14, 2009

55 by Sugram22 »»
May 7, 2021 6:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.