Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 17, 2009 7:03 AM

Sep 2008
has this been subbed yet? If so, where can I watch it?
Jul 17, 2009 7:37 AM

Jan 2008
Yukito097 said:
has this been subbed yet? If so, where can I watch it?
kaminakun said:
Actually, it's just been subbed and released by THORA in 720p ... but it is 6.5GB =.=
Also if you can find an English DVD torrent it should have subtitles. Or you can do like me and just buy the DVD/Blu-Ray.

If you mean streaming, I don't know.
Jul 25, 2009 7:52 AM
Jan 2008
Damn, Safe and Sound was taken out of both the US and UK release. I was really looking forward to hearing that.
Ah well, overall, the film was pretty awesome. The extended fight scenes were epic.
Aug 17, 2009 10:16 PM

Nov 2008
Holy train wreck, Batman!
Sep 4, 2009 5:03 AM

Nov 2007
That was epic =D! The blu-ray visuals blew me away @_@ loved the new scenes put in and am very happy with the ending ^^
Sep 16, 2009 6:43 AM

Mar 2009
I think i came a little while watching this.

Original FFAC was plain awesome, and this just makes it all x10. Visuals are totally mindblowing, fullHD really is what it's supposed to be. Everything is so sharp, detailed and clear that most watchers might end up having to change their pants after the movie. Especially fighting scenes are absolutely gorgeous. Audiotrack won't let you down either, there's now more dialogue and it's well done. Music is 100% FF quality.

Extra scenes fill up the holes that appeared in original FFAC, in a way that now even those who didn't play FFVII can enjoy this. Maybe not to the fullest but still...

I gave this 9/10.

-1 point because IMO the plot is bit... stupid to be honest. It goes well with the game, though.

Oct 11, 2009 9:12 AM

Apr 2007
the movie is crazy

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Oct 24, 2009 9:30 PM
Aug 2009
This movie was pure fan-service, I loved every minute of it. Tifa's fight was awesome as espected and Vincent is still a BA.
Nov 11, 2009 1:37 PM

Aug 2008
SoulSlayerShika said:
This movie was pure fan-service, I loved every minute of it. Tifa's fight was awesome as espected and Vincent is still a BA.

i love TIFA and CLOUD fight is so cool-nya
Nov 29, 2009 4:43 AM

Apr 2009
Beatnik said:
(...) opening five minutes which were so incomprehensible and laughable featuring a helicopter with a random character no one gives a shit about (...)

I'm not going to argue with the rest of your post because if that's how you feel then it's none of my business... but this is so untrue D: Reno is one of the coolest characters in FFVII so obviously many people care.
Member Favorites: 269
Just wanted to point it out XD

Too bad I could only watch the dubbed version D: my pc couldn't handle the 11gb matroska file, damn. I watched it on Megavideo. OH THE PAIN.

New footage blew me away. I mean, WHOA. Cloud/Sephiroth fight extension? Awesome. Many plot holes filled, makes more sense now...That's a good thing, I was kind of confused when I watched non-Complete. And Zack! They added some Zack! Yusss x3
Seeing Vincent is always a good thing, I don't even have to comment on that.
Makes me want to play the game again D:
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Nov 29, 2009 4:46 AM

Jan 2008
Reno is a comic-relief side character who has a total of ten minutes screentime, in the context of the film, he really is meaningless and a poor choice to start the movie with.

DONT DOUBT ME.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Nov 29, 2009 4:52 AM

Apr 2009
Beatnik said:
DONT DOUBT ME.

XD
I agree that his role was reduced to crappy comic relief in THE MOVIE. Yes. But he's not a character that nodoby gives a damn about. I liked him since I played the game and while his role in the movie disappointed me, I never stopped liking him. And I'm sure many people think the same :D But you know, to each his own.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Nov 29, 2009 5:34 AM

Jan 2008
YOU'RE DOUBTING ME! Why do you have to hurt me so!?

I actually cant remember him in the game, but it's been years since I played it.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Nov 29, 2009 5:56 AM

Apr 2009
Beatnik said:
YOU'RE DOUBTING ME! Why do you have to hurt me so!?

I actually cant remember him in the game, but it's been years since I played it.

I never knew I could cause this much pain D: I AM SORRY.

Really? You don't remember Reno? o.o The guy that wanted to capture Aeris/th at the very beginning? Helped you during the Wutai side quest? Blew up the plate in Sector 7 and killed all those innocents? Blasphemy. (Please don't shout Sparta D:)

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jan 30, 2010 3:12 AM
Jan 2010
Graphics and nothing more... Only for fans...
Feb 9, 2010 1:53 AM

Sep 2009
I enjoyed this movie. This is definitely better than the original version, and comparing the two, I think I'll lower the original version score by one and give the better score to this one.

There are some nice nostalgic scenes with Zach for people who played Crisis Core.

This also looked really good in full 1080p...(took a long time to download though)
Mar 10, 2010 6:17 AM
Aug 2009
Haha lucky I brought the blue ray :) no need to download and hey...I gotta agree with saxophone15 I might lower the score of the original...
May 21, 2010 11:22 PM

Apr 2010
Woa Nice graphics... anything nice.. love it.......... what is the next episode/??
May 29, 2010 9:38 AM

Aug 2008
Beatnik said:
Reno is a comic-relief side character who has a total of ten minutes screentime, in the context of the film, he really is meaningless and a poor choice to start the movie with.

DONT DOUBT ME.

I'd have to agree, they were really grasping for an epic opening. They wanted mountains, fog and something they could do a earth orbit zoom into.

It just didn't work towards the story, character presentation or setting.

For the film in general the fight scenes were ok, they made me want a motorcycle but didn't leave me in awe or anything.

The graphics were really of one palette; which left the children looking like zombies and the zombies looking like well groomed emo teens.

I don't know the FF universe that well, I played through half of FF7 a long time ago so the lack of character development really hurt. For example 20 minutes after the extra crew showed up (leftover characters that showed up with the helicopter) I didn't know half of their names, and the movie ended with me not knowing some of them.

"There is no good narrative in FF: Advent Children. It's a string of badly edited, written and acted scenes strung together in awful fashion. There were so many scenes that just cut away to other scenes at horrible moments intercut with stupid music choices.

The film lacks coherent pacing, tempo and even basic fucking mis-en-scene."

This I also agree with, the story was terrible. Some bad guys showed up just to give the characters a reason to fight together against a new enemy and revisit past memories.

The scenes were randomly cutoff it did seem, and that really annoyed me to no end.

But as far as anime go, this isn't unusual and overall it kept me entertained.
I did give the Complete Edition a one point higher rating than the original, because they did give us more of the good stuff- fighting and back story.

Oh well, I'm sure the Fanboys loved it and the haters hated it. I just don't see anything that great about it, it was just another action anime.

I preferred the animation in Vexille, and was not impressed by the caricature-like design as far as body design and head to weight ratios. Character movement was over exaggerated. Also the people in the background and walking the streets were blobs with no variance in wardrobe.
MerrilMay 29, 2010 9:43 AM
Jun 15, 2010 4:28 AM

Feb 2009
Pretty cool movie with great designs and superb animation. The story was good, I just had some issues with the direction.
Jun 20, 2010 12:08 PM

Sep 2007
Beatnik, I think you might have watched the wrong movie. ACC starts with a creature that looks like Red, then shows Kadaj and Rufus, then we hear Tseng and Elena and THEN we get to Reno. Or you might have speedwatched it - which wouldn't be surprising if you've seen the original years ago.

I liked this movie. I never played FFVII, just watched the cutscenes from Crisis Core and read the general descrition from wikipedia. and I still understood it. Well, AC not so much (since back then I barely had an idea of who Cloud was and what happened in the original game), but ACC had a very coherent and well put-together plot.

There ARE three things I can complain about, though: the lazy animation in some scenes - one scene would be perfectly animated and drawn, and the next look like a plastic model. I'm glad they went all-out on the close-ups and the action scenes, though. Secondly, the lack of sceentime for the crew at the end. I understand that they had nowhere to participate in the movie's events, but it would have been nice to give them an excuse to have a reunion before the climax, when you honestly didn't care about them anymore. And the last, the absolute cheese in the 'let's throw Cloud' scene - nakama power go! - seriously? Ugh.

Well, the good parts outrank the bad. Even if I'd have liked some more Tseng too, it's awesome that Reno, Rude and Rufus got so much screentime. The triplets kinda sucked in personality, but their motorbike fight scenes and Kadaj's overacting were win. The Rufus+Kadaj scenes were fantastic. Cloud was a still moody kid, but they sure made him a cool moody kid. Vincent and Zack had just enough screentime to be awesome and not steal the show. Denzel ad Marlene might have been boring by themselves, but the plot used them effectively. And Sephiroth... but everyone else already mentioned him.

And, regardless of what anyone else thought about it, I absolutely, utterly, deeply adored the direction.
Jul 20, 2010 4:36 AM

Jan 2009
Now that's some delicious 1080p Tifa.
Anyway, I didn't expect it to be this much better in 1080p than the original was~ : >

Also, I'd forgotten how ridiculously misplaced Red XIII's voice sounds. xD
And lastly, Safe and Sound, is a pretty good song.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Aug 31, 2010 6:52 PM
Jul 2018
LitespeedEXE said:
Damn, Safe and Sound was taken out of both the US and UK release. I was really looking forward to hearing that.

Is the Advent Children Complete credit footage still in the US/UK release, it's just that Safe and Sound was just replaced with that song originally from AC's credits?

I eventually want to buy this so I don't know if it'd be best to get the US release or import the Japanese blu-ray (whether or not it has English subs is fine by me).

(I watched the THORA fansub today, It was brilliant. ACC gets 10/10 compared to my AC rating of 8/10.)
Jan 11, 2011 6:24 AM

Apr 2009
Big disappointment~

In 1997 Square released Final Fantasy VII, a jRPG game for PlayStation that will soon enough influence whole gaming community, and not only. It will become some sort of exemplar, or icon in a field of jRPG, and will earn appreciation all around the world. Throughout years it became a phenomenon, and just like avalache it quickly aquired incredible fandom base.
For me, FFVII was, and still is a gaming masterpiece. Because of many factors.. Nothing is absolute, including FFVII, but many people seem to value this game highly. There's no point in recalling elements that made FFVII special, because for each person it will be something different. I just want to remark that variety of outlooks is essential in fair criticism.
And that being said, I want to state my opinion on FFVII:ACC movie.. It just isn't Final Fantasy VII for me.
Considering myself a big FFVII fan I've been very reserved towards the idea of this whole 'Compilation' thing, from the very beginning. SquareEnix is not Square any more. And it's not just the name. It's people who work on the project. I did not want to raise any expectations.. but my fan-ish (?) soul couldn't wait without excitement for another audio-visual products with FFVII in their title name. And when it all came down.. I found my memories, and affections for FFVII being crumpled relentlessly. That was how I felt after watching this movie. And after playing in Crisis Core.. and after making some resarch on the plot of Before Crisis.. and after trailers of 2 OVA's that I still did not watch.
FFVII:ACC is just.. swordsplay. With Cloud, and Sephiroth.. in CGI. That's all. It is entertaining, yes.. but.. My expectaton were to high. I was disappointed, and still am. If you are serious FFVII fan, you'll know what I mean. You'll see it. You'll see this visually stunning movie, and then you''ll feel, that.. it's just not what it used to be. It's different. It's a bit shallow, and made for money. You'll sense it, quickly.

Please, Square.. do not EVER remake FFVII.. Let FFVII be an icon of jRPG, or RPG in general, as it was.
ValwinJan 11, 2011 6:27 AM
Feb 17, 2011 6:51 AM

Sep 2009
well he movie was really quite well than the first one especially the graphics but yeah what valwin said is true...
but if they are going to make an FF movie i would really like to watch FFVIII or versus XIII ^....,^
Mar 5, 2011 12:21 AM

Feb 2008
I just downloaded this movie last week. a 10GB movie sure contains good quality graphics. I won't get tired watching it over and over again. X)

devilscorner said:
if they are going to make an FF movie i would really like to watch FFVIII or versus XIII ^....,^

I would like to see FF8 turn into movie too, though I don't think square-enix will. :\
... =_=

Mar 5, 2011 12:21 AM

Feb 2008
I just downloaded this movie last week. a 10GB movie sure contains good quality graphics. I won't get tired watching it over and over again. X)

devilscorner said:
if they are going to make an FF movie i would really like to watch FFVIII or versus XIII ^....,^

I would like to see FF8 turn into movie too, though I don't think square-enix will. :\
... =_=

Mar 5, 2011 12:26 AM

Feb 2008

devilscorner said:

... =_=

Sep 5, 2011 4:27 PM

May 2011
FF7 universe was and still is the best thing ever created (for me).

I've replayed the games and rewatched the movies in triple digits. Watching this again after a year has proved to me once again...

FF7 is Legendary.

10/10

Truly a masterpiece. Proud Bias ^^
Kayaba-Jan 4, 2013 6:34 PM
Sep 22, 2011 11:05 PM

Sep 2009
Shit.
They actually made the movie understandable AND enjoyable!

The small little fluff that actually EXPLAINED SHIT really went a long way in making the movie highly enjoyable.
Feb 21, 2012 12:06 AM

Jan 2012
This version basically blew the original one out of the water.
May 8, 2012 7:07 PM
Mar 2011
This was such a love letter to all Final Fantasy 7 fans, its amazing.
Loved all the little things they threw in from the game that you would recognize instantly, very cool.
Nov 30, 2012 4:31 PM

Jul 2011
Movie is amazing =D

and All FF series
May 29, 2013 2:54 AM
Sep 2012
after watching this, it is very easy to conclude that FF hates all the laws of physics! ALL OF THEM!
xtremexxAug 1, 2013 9:32 AM
Dec 10, 2015 10:03 PM

Jul 2012
This was so awesome seeing all the characters like this after playing the original game. If anime were to go CGI in the future, I sure hope it gets to this. Crazy to think this was over 10 years ago, and we still don't get CGI this good.

I watched the English dub, since that's what I watched a long time ago when it first came out. Lip sync was off at some parts and Tifa's voice actor was pretty bad. Not much other complaints than that though. Will probably check out the Japanese dub sometime in the future.

Music was freakin' amazing. I'll be listening to it a lot 😊

Wished it was longer so we could give the other characters more screen time (especially best girl Yuffie), but hey, can't ask for too much.

I'm gonna go read the "On the Way to a Smile" stories now.
Jan 4, 2016 9:14 AM
Oct 2014
Overall great movie. Wasn't too much of a fan of the first half of the movie but the latter half especially when Sephiroth comes back was when the movie really took off for me. I also found that everytime Zack and Aerith were shown (especially the last scene) were the times that really made me emotional.

Anyway, soo does this movie settle the debate with Zack x Aerith and Cloud x Tifa ships beings canon though?
Jan 6, 2016 11:40 PM
Jan 2016
Loved the actions. Story was meh. Not enough Nanaki action.

Also, it's about time Seph butchers Cloud. Hope in the Remake I get to see him die.
Dec 2, 2016 2:47 AM

Oct 2015
great duel between Cloud and Sephiroth, the best i have seen this year.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Mar 4, 2017 1:50 AM

Oct 2012
Red XIII looks really cool.. Wow
If only Tifa equpped bolt equipments for nullify or absorb lightning xD
Reno & Rude lol, still my favorites. Spare glasses (⌐■_■)

-> See Yuffie
Not again, I don't want my materia get stolen
An airship with Shera as name, awwww Cid.. Where's Shera now? Did Cid marry her?

Enemies in ff7 never learned
If you attack me that means it'll charge the limit break
I guess Sephy really wanted to taste Cloud's Omnislash xD
Glad Sephy didn't supernova, it won't end well if he did

Everytime Aerith's theme played, everytime *sob
Zack and Aerith you both have done enough, rest in peace together
You both deserve time together

This is more like action movie than story, which kinda weird for FF
I liked it though
Glad there's no "real final boss"... 5 toad surrounding you, not the Toads! xD
Rayl1ghtMar 4, 2017 1:55 AM
"Signature removed"
Jan 25, 2018 3:26 PM

Jan 2018
I've been avoiding this movie for years because I never felt FFVII needed a sequel, nor did this movie's synopsis interest me in any way.

Holy shit, I should have kept on ignoring it, this feels like a poorly-written fanfiction that got animated by a FFVII fan who has too much money in his hands. Not even the fanservice was worth anything, most of the characters from the original game barely had any screen time and Sephiroth coming back made no fucking sense, and this idea that he'll always come back to haunt Cloud of whatever stupid bullshit this movie implied renders the story of the original game completely pointless.

This was a load of garbage, "style over substance" at its ugliest.
Apr 29, 2021 8:27 AM

Apr 2009
Funny because I only watched it just now after playing the remake of the FFVII Game.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 26, 2021 9:30 PM
Dec 2017
I really just want a complete ff7 expierience crisis core ff7 itself and dirge of cerberus and this movie all together in one game.

Feb 11, 2022 5:04 PM

Nov 2020
I watched this today and definitely feels more like a tribute-closure movie. I remember the old version, and the new scenes in this are great, especially the ones with Zack if you did play Crisis Core.
Sep 1, 2022 7:40 PM
Dec 2017
-Hyunckel- said:
I watched this today and definitely feels more like a tribute-closure movie. I remember the old version, and the new scenes in this are great, especially the ones with Zack if you did play Crisis Core.

and now we're getting a remake of crisis core.

Sep 2, 2022 8:15 AM

Nov 2020
Crow_Black said:
-Hyunckel- said:

and now we're getting a remake of crisis core.

Yes, there will be info in next TGS.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Is Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete a good watch for non FF fans?

LyingPrauses - Oct 20, 2012

16 by Itzmespooky »»
Jun 7, 2023 5:52 PM

Poll: » Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children complete dub or sub?

HasHash - Feb 17, 2015

15 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Aug 23, 2021 5:43 AM

» Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Complete?

yukino17 - Feb 10, 2009

14 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Jun 29, 2021 7:29 PM

» Question?

Eiennoousama - Jan 3, 2011

2 by Jest »»
Jan 9, 2011 6:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.