Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 19, 2009 6:37 PM

Sep 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So new episode is out! I guess after seeing the OP for the 3rd time, I'm actually liking the song now lol. Anyways, there were so much things in this episode that kept me questioning. Like who that person was with the straps on or w/e in the red looking room which was shown briefly before and after that earthquake scene near the end of the episode. I'm also curious as to what actually happens or rather why Miiko was sent on over to Mikuni's chamber, I thought for a sec he'd be killed.. but seems like the latter has something else in mind. And that "road" that Kuniko kept on mentioning near the end of the episode, I kept browsing back a couple of minutes to see if they actually showed it but I never saw anything. I guess the answers come in next week's episode. Anyways, it was entertaining to a degree. not much action compared to previous episodes but it was good nonetheless.
"It's because you exist.. That I'm here right now.."
Apr 19, 2009 8:36 PM

May 2007
Curious, very curious, still nothing answered(well we know where Kuniko's mom is now) and Atlas does seem to be a trap. Kuniko at the end of the episode was weird and freaked out.
My anime list
Apr 19, 2009 10:42 PM

Jun 2008
Still interesting. This episode was jsut what I needed to draw me into the series. More unanswered questions, but this Atlas place is very weird and I want to know more!

Looking forward to more!

Rule of Anime #18 - Law of Hemoglobin Capacity
The human body contains over 12 gallons of blood, sometimes more, under high pressure.
Apr 20, 2009 3:21 AM

Jan 2009
Good episode. More things shown more things need answers. Me wait for that. At least meeting Kunoki grand-mother was interesting. What I liked: Kunoki grand-mother meeting. Metal Age attacking Atlas train to get chocolate (robin hood?) and other products free. Miiko farewell party (Miiko was too weird, maybe too emotional for me for cross dresser) but best was past of Miiko and Momoko. Was good to see to learn a little of them. LOL @ Takehiko throwing big chicken piece at Miiko before he leave. Atlas infiltration. The weird NGE kid look alike to ADAM. Kunoki being crushed in train just reminded me of morning problems in trains here in Japan, damn train, car would be better. Shion drying up Naruse....can I be Shion...I would clean better and not being shy in front of Naruse. Medusa not working properly is sign not perfect. Crazy escape at ED of Momoko with all.
What I did not like:
-Miiko and her stuff being burned by idiots of Mikuni.
-Miiko being in danger now. She in front of Mikuni and Mikuni can kill her anytime.
-People of town rebel against Metal Age. They not understand Metal Age, especially new ones.

I LOL here...motorized Teddy bear?

Me still not see big deal with Kunoki on this????

Atlas boss......NGE elements here to me.

Ok, Momoko is girl and this proof so no more confusion.

Is Shion lucky or can me replace him? Why Naruse not shy about it at all?
Apr 20, 2009 6:24 AM
May 2008
Nice episode... and this gives a little more insight as to what kind of place Atlas is while raise a few more questions.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Apr 20, 2009 10:10 AM

Oct 2007
sadly still no answers, slightly disapointed that no one died in this ep
Apr 20, 2009 1:11 PM

Mar 2008
good ep ^_^
at least we know something about the setting now
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 20, 2009 3:30 PM

Dec 2008
i think we all kinda figured that the atlas lottery would be a trap but what do they have in mind with miiko? i'm very curious about what the thing kuniko saw was and where is her mother? alot of questions where raised in order to pull viewers into the series. but i'm feeling kinda overwhelmed. i don't know how i feel about this series yet...

Apr 20, 2009 9:30 PM

Sep 2008
still am confused with what direction the series is heading, but at least it has something compared to sora wo kakeru shoujo (still going wtf after 13 episodes) lol.

"Next time, Neo-Akihabara"
now that would be interesting to see whats it about.

Apr 20, 2009 11:15 PM

Jul 2008
so apparently the atlas place is a fake utopia where they seem to kidnap people (in a sense), and then use them as a labor force, though this is pure speculation on my part
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Apr 21, 2009 3:13 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
what a weird show..
p r o f i l e 👀
Apr 21, 2009 4:36 AM

Jun 2008
So they've finally revealed the seiyuu for Momoko and Mi-ko, Nakata Jouji and Ootsuka Houchuu, respectively. Jouji was pretty obvious for me, but even though I knew I'd heard Mi-ko's voice somewhere else I didn't manage to guess correctly.
Apr 21, 2009 4:53 AM

Mar 2009
japanme32 said:

he's a transsexual he said himself so no girl :p

i quite like the anime looking forward to the next episodes although the animation kinda sucks when they zoom out
Apr 21, 2009 6:36 AM

Jan 2009
Vudis said:
japanme32 said:

i quite like the anime looking forward to the next episodes although the animation kinda sucks when they zoom out

So he got body parts of girl and still consider himself as transsexual? He should be happy as girl if he has girl parts.

He strange person.
Apr 21, 2009 10:01 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Looks like something got triggered inside Kuniko. Can't wait for the next episode.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 21, 2009 10:04 AM

Feb 2008
Interesting... so Atlas kills people for...?
Apr 21, 2009 11:09 AM

Jul 2008
nyamo said:

I figured Takehiko was boned. I'm finding I care less and less about the loli and the gov. bitch every episode. Though, the whole thing with Mi-ko getting dicked over was kind of obvious, I'm still rather interested in the deal behind Atlas. Kuniko is also apparently having a mental breakdown, yay.

japanme32 said:
Vudis said:
japanme32 said:

So he got body parts of girl and still consider himself as transsexual? He should be happy as girl if he has girl parts.

He strange person.

Two things.

1: Implants. You hear of them? You didn't see the lower half either... Momoko is pretty obviously a tranny trap though.
2: Angel/Slayer, is that you?

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Apr 21, 2009 11:40 AM

Jan 2009
Bakayaro said:
nyamo said:

I figured Takehiko was boned. I'm finding I care less and less about the loli and the gov. bitch every episode. Though, the whole thing with Mi-ko getting dicked over was kind of obvious, I'm still rather interested in the deal behind Atlas. Kuniko is also apparently having a mental breakdown, yay.

japanme32 said:
Vudis said:
japanme32 said:

He strange person.

Two things.

1: Implants. You hear of them? You didn't see the lower half either... Momoko is pretty obviously a tranny trap though.

1. Ok, arigato (thanks) now is good clear up.
2.???? me not understand this.
Apr 21, 2009 2:39 PM

May 2008
Nice episode, this show is strange which is a things I like xD

The animation was a bit weird this episode

Kuniko was kind of annoying at the end with all the big house talk

De-JaY said:

So far I didn't see anyone die. I guess that they weer sterilizing the newcomers or something like that, probably so they can be clean to meet the loli princess
Apr 21, 2009 2:57 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Soulstrider said:
De-JaY said:

So far I didn't see anyone die. I guess that they weer sterilizing the newcomers or something like that, probably so they can be clean to meet the loli princess
The little Princess is obviously part of Atlas, right? And in the last episode she killed on of the women standing around that gray platform thingy.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 22, 2009 1:48 AM
Dec 2007
Hmmm the production values dropped dramatically compared to the first episode now, but the setting is becoming a bit clearer even though we don't have many hints to understand the world of Shangri-La. Interesting episode but I'm expecting more from this series.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Apr 22, 2009 8:51 AM

Jul 2008
yes start to understand a bit more. a really deep serie if you ask me.
everyone who wants to go to atlas are mostly killed. and they thought it would be a paradise. what a irony~~

Apr 22, 2009 9:17 AM

Jun 2008
Yay. finally it's getting interesting.
Apr 22, 2009 12:06 PM

Jul 2008
Bakayaro said:

ROFL, I though the same
Apr 22, 2009 12:16 PM

Jan 2009
Watched again and got finally feelings of Zalem and this
http://myanimelist.net/manga/768/Battle_Angel_Alita
Apr 22, 2009 5:28 PM

Apr 2009
Really liked the episode. Things are getting even more complex and interesting.

Also for some reason when I saw the lottery I thought of the movie The Island for some reason. Where the "lotto" was a harvesting method... guess I wasn't too far off...
OmegaoverideApr 22, 2009 5:36 PM
Apr 22, 2009 7:10 PM

Sep 2007
maxime1007 said:
Bakayaro said:

ROFL, I though the same

hivemind

I seriously dislike the clueless types of people like Kuniko who is then so amazingly shocked at something and then emos about it (in this case, the size of Atlas). Does she even know why Metal-age is doing what its doing or is she just there because she's the grandchild of the Metal-age leader?
Apr 22, 2009 7:31 PM

Jan 2009
Wasabi said:
maxime1007 said:
Bakayaro said:

ROFL, I though the same

hivemind

I seriously dislike the clueless types of people like Kuniko who is then so amazingly shocked at something and then emos about it (in this case, the size of Atlas). Does she even know why Metal-age is doing what its doing or is she just there because she's the grandchild of the Metal-age leader?

Same frustration. Is why me put that pic. She just stare and me just frustrate because not understand the scene.

Thinking that Kuniko is just shocked about reality she did not know. You think so too?
Apr 22, 2009 7:45 PM

Jan 2008
maxime1007 said:
Bakayaro said:

ROFL, I though the same

I am so positive - It's just gotta be. Willing to bet

Didn't like this epi - or was too distracted to enjoy it
Apr 23, 2009 7:40 AM

Jul 2008
I think this was the best episode so far. The pace was slower than the last two episodes, many things are beginning to make sense. I thought it was sad when they showed that they're taking people who just thought they won the golden ticket, burning their things, and turning them into slaves. Then, the ending with Kunika so amazed at such a big place and how its unfair that they could all live there. Thats life for ya.

datsunvic said:
maxime1007 said:
Bakayaro said:

ROFL, I though the same

I am so positive - It's just gotta be. Willing to bet

Wheew. I was starting to think I was the only one that noticed that. Same old annoyances, only now, appartently he's trying to be a cave man. Hopefully this account gets deleted too.
Apr 23, 2009 7:53 AM

Jul 2008
Holy shit, I'm glad I stumbled back into this thread. MAL hivemind go.

Wasabi said:

I'm fairly sure she's only there by the circumstances she's the Metal-age leader's grandchild. Gotta say the emo mode better not last long, but this is Gonzo... Hopefully either Momoko or Takehiko will slap some sense into her before long.

Crazy thought since I have yet to figure this out, Loli/Green-haired chick are both Atlas right? 'Cause if that's the case, $20 on Green Hair being Kuniko's bio mother. You just know it has to be.

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Apr 23, 2009 9:05 PM

Oct 2007
Wow animation quality is just going downhill. This is starting to appear as a crappier version of Last Exile which is pissing me off. The whole Atlas is a trap is just stupid but I'll wait one or two eps to see where they are going with but I'm not liking the current direction. This might end up under dropped at the rate it's going.

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Apr 24, 2009 1:31 AM

May 2008
Wow, people were right about the "Island" comparison.:O
And here I thought they wouldn't be.

Although we can't be sure. A bit odd and cruel that they would burn your stuff though.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Apr 24, 2009 1:51 AM

Oct 2007
Wasabi said:

As you can see, she is barely know anything about her own past. And did you know that she has no interesting in Metal-age thing?

Rather than calling her as a clueless type, I think everyone in this series are pretty much clueless or at least at some point. And about her amazingly shocked at the end, I think there is nothing wrong with that either. What was the first reason she want to go to Atlas in the first place?

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Apr 24, 2009 5:50 PM

Feb 2009
I haven't been drawn into the series yet.... :/
maybe it will get better as things get answered
Apr 25, 2009 9:29 AM
Feb 2009
starting to get better.i want to know who that person in the straps is.can't wait for next ep!
Apr 25, 2009 9:43 PM

Sep 2008
this episode was ok i guess, still kinda crap though like the other 2. Can't say i like this series much at all, not a single character i slightly like or the designs. The plot is a mess but it's interesting and i guess that's the only reason i still want to watch is to see what it's gonna do. Apart from that the only good thing is the scenery.
Apr 27, 2009 6:41 AM

May 2008
well can she only fight with a boomerang?

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Apr 27, 2009 12:38 PM

Nov 2007
I really don't know about this series. ...

So they head into Atlas City (the place they've been fighting with) just because Kuniko suddenly wants to see it? Just like that? Shouldn't there be more of a plan than this? Kuniko's turning into a generic "spunky heroine."

Also, re: Miiko. I don't know if they could've made her more annoying if they'd tried (stereotypically obsessed with food, ridiculous voice, etc.). Momoko's one thing, but Miiko ... I have to wonder what they were going for when they decided on her character. The same goes for the blonde exhibitionist with all the male servants. I get the feeling she's supposed to be beautiful/womanly, but to me, she looks like a scary man. (When I heard there would be transsexuals, I thought she was one of them.)

To say the least, I'm a bit disappointed in this show :/ But it's only the third episode; things may very well improve (... they could also get worse, but hey).

[avatar from Tales of the Abyss]
Apr 30, 2009 10:36 PM

Jul 2008
Omegaoveride said:
Really liked the episode. Things are getting even more complex and interesting.

Also for some reason when I saw the lottery I thought of the movie The Island for some reason. Where the "lotto" was a harvesting method... guess I wasn't too far off...
yeah an alright episode,hope it can improve though :)
May 1, 2009 5:28 AM

Oct 2008
I can't see how the quality dropped. Nothing have changed in terms of animation, sound or storyline from what I saw. I think this anime is overlooked by many despite of its high productions values and plot which is full of details. I can't wait to watch more.
May 29, 2009 2:17 AM

May 2008
Sadly still no answers, slightly disapointed that no one died in this ep
Aug 18, 2009 11:45 PM
Aug 2009
Every episode I watch this series gets better. I love how it promotes social values :)
Aug 27, 2009 10:21 PM
Jul 2009
Kuniko is getting on my nerves...
May 14, 2010 5:42 AM

Jul 2007
Boring episode pretty much, too much talking. Need more story-telling through action.
Sep 22, 2011 8:46 AM

Sep 2011
kage-bunshin said:
so apparently the atlas place is a fake utopia where they seem to kidnap people (in a sense), and then use them as a labor force, though this is pure speculation on my part

I think you've pretty much grasped it, buddy. It's kinda like Jomi's experience in the fairground before he found out he was a Mu, in Terra he... As for Mikuni, it'll be interesting to see which side she ends up on, coz the guys working for Ryoko kept mentioning them (Kuniko and her) as the 'Sun' and the 'Moon'.

Ooooooh, speculation!
Oct 21, 2011 4:58 PM

Oct 2009
Naruleach said:
what a weird show..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 25, 2012 10:14 PM

Nov 2011
Dec 9, 2013 4:52 AM

May 2012
Interesting development so that lottery is just to kill people off or what's up with that? Quite strange to be honest I wonder when some more light will be shed on this!
Jul 4, 2014 7:13 AM

Aug 2013
Hmm I wonder if lottery is how Mikuni's assistant finds retainers. Miko don't die :(

Oh noes this is bad. I seriously wanted to strangle Kuniko in this episode.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shangri-La Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

garfield15 - Sep 13, 2009

71 by Synrax »»
Apr 5, 1:54 PM

Poll: » Shangri-La Episode 23 Discussion

arsonal - Sep 6, 2009

30 by WolfWood37 »»
Feb 29, 8:48 PM

Poll: » Shangri-La Episode 22 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Aug 30, 2009

29 by WolfWood37 »»
Feb 28, 10:33 PM

Poll: » Shangri-La Episode 21 Discussion

arsonal - Aug 23, 2009

36 by WolfWood37 »»
Feb 28, 10:07 PM

Poll: » Shangri-La Episode 20 Discussion

arsonal - Aug 16, 2009

40 by WolfWood37 »»
Feb 28, 9:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.