Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 19, 2009 4:03 PM
Jul 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nice to see such a strong bond between Oscar and Andre. Marie's character walks the thin line between annoying and endearing. Just as I start to find her annoyingly simple-minded and possibly bratty, she goes and does something admirable like standing up for Andre, Oscar, and Fersen. And I laughed at Fersen's "Oscar, you're more manly than a man".

Also, jeez, this show loves to use their sparkle effects!
Feb 8, 2011 10:05 PM

May 2010
I don't like that Princess
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Sep 2, 2011 2:07 PM

Feb 2010
So it's not manly to sigh? I'll keep that in mind.

And I agree Antoinette is pretty annoying and a spoiled brat, but she can't ehlp it, she never knew a situation where she was NOT the center of attention. She's old enough to start to reflect a bit on situations though. But she's definitely not a bad person.

And then there was the wooden stick of doom that made me expect cyborg Oscar for a moment. But it turned out well, strengthening her bond with Andre. Their relationship is by far my favorite one so far. Very Reindhard/Kircheis-ish. I guess that means Andre will die a good way before the ending :/
I probably regret this post by now.
Nov 28, 2011 8:34 PM

Jun 2009
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
So it's not manly to sigh? I'll keep that in mind.

And I agree Antoinette is pretty annoying and a spoiled brat, but she can't ehlp it, she never knew a situation where she was NOT the center of attention. She's old enough to start to reflect a bit on situations though. But she's definitely not a bad person.

And then there was the wooden stick of doom that made me expect cyborg Oscar for a moment. But it turned out well, strengthening her bond with Andre. Their relationship is by far my favorite one so far. Very Reindhard/Kircheis-ish. I guess that means Andre will die a good way before the ending :/

This pretty much sums up my thoughts on the show. Very good episode.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 25, 2012 6:27 AM

Sep 2008
Young Oscar and Young Andrés made me chuckle. :D Their voices were pretty amusing, IMO. The sparkle effect's [over]usage is another thing I find amusing. So, indeed, I was quite amused by this episode.

I agree with other commenters that Andrés and Oscar's relationship is probably my favourite one here. Antoinette is naïve to the point that, yes, she really does start to walk a "thin line between annoying and endearing", as atrophaneurae succinctly put it.
Oct 7, 2012 12:01 PM

Jan 2009
So where is Fersens relationship with our main characters coming from? He was introduced last episode and suddenly started to hang out with Oscar and the rest.
I wish this Anime will start to move forward soon. Till now we just had "dumb girl doing dumb stuff" and "evil traitors plot conspiracies but fail because of Oscars luck".
Dec 10, 2012 4:35 AM

Aug 2010
So the anime earlier on hinted to me that there was going to be some kind of love triangle between Fersen, Antoinette and Oscar, but I really do not see how this is possible (with the development so far... When Fersen first appeared I actually initially thought Fersen would love Oscar and Antoinette love Fersen that kinda thing..)

And it seems that Andre has some strong (love) feelings for Oscar...?
Feb 12, 2013 2:33 AM

Sep 2010
Oscar went to go save Andre from being executed while she was bleeding a lot from her arm wound. See Andre she still cares for you. <3

"I will give my life for you just like you did for me yesterday" Yep death flag for Andre. T^T
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Mar 29, 2013 11:39 PM

Jun 2009
Roloko said:
Oscar went to go save Andre from being executed while she was bleeding a lot from her arm wound. See Andre she still cares for you. <3

"I will give my life for you just like you did for me yesterday" Yep death flag for Andre. T^T

Considering the time period this show takes place in there is a death flag for pretty much everyone.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
May 16, 2013 6:21 AM

Oct 2012
Fersen's a chump; speaking up after Oscar did, and then she acts like it was some kind of heroic gesture. He wouldn't have said diddly if it weren't for her sticking her neck out in the first place. She's the hero, dammit! lol Maybe her feelings for him don't allow her to see that?
Jun 15, 2013 12:58 PM
Jul 2018
Confucius said:
I don't like that Princess

Agreed.The princess is kind of annoying.
Sep 13, 2013 2:12 AM
Aug 2011
"Oscar you are a more of a man than most men." <3
Oct 11, 2013 12:38 AM

Jul 2008
Yeah most of these characters are so petty and shallow yet I do like most of them. Argh this is so conflicting.
Mar 28, 2014 7:43 PM

Jan 2014
DON'T YOU DARE DIE ON ME ANDRE!!!
Sep 28, 2014 7:24 PM

Mar 2012
Major death flag for Andre this episode, the amount of foreshadowing in this anime hinting that it will end in a tragedy is pretty strong :(

parfaited said:
"Oscar you are a more of a man than most men." <3

That was pretty great indeed.
Nov 12, 2014 5:03 PM

Oct 2012
Glamorous.
Jan 18, 2015 9:01 AM

Jul 2014
This episode said "Andree will die for Oscar" a tragedy wait for me :P
Mar 9, 2015 1:58 PM

Apr 2014
what a wonderful episode, this is what I want. attention on Oscar, or at least Andre. Fersen appeared out of nowhere and suddenly everyone trusts him????
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 30, 2015 2:12 PM
May 2014
That end! Anyone else sense epic foreshadowing??
Jan 5, 2016 5:26 PM
Nov 2014
Oscar is the batman of this show. What a manly woman.
May 4, 2016 11:25 AM

Oct 2014
Antoinette was such a dumbass in this episode. They were instructing her on how to handle a horse yet she was laughing like the massive idiot she is.
May 29, 2016 6:06 PM

Oct 2014
Meanwhile the horse was probably sent to the glue factory...

Best episode so far.
Avatar: Anzu Kadotani from Girls und Panzer.

Jun 7, 2016 11:58 AM

Jan 2013
Wonderful episode. The chemistry between Oscar and Andre is really the highlight so far.
Poor Andre. That foreshadowing was really hard to take...
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Sep 25, 2017 2:13 PM
May 2012
-Adam- said:
Fersen's a chump; speaking up after Oscar did, and then she acts like it was some kind of heroic gesture. He wouldn't have said diddly if it weren't for her sticking her neck out in the first place. She's the hero, dammit! lol Maybe her feelings for him don't allow her to see that?

exactly what i thought. dude was just standing there before she came.
Dec 10, 2017 4:21 PM

Nov 2016
Loved that scene where everyone and especially Oscar spoke up for Andre,but Fersen could have said something a bit earlier.

That mini flashback of Oscar and Andre was great too,what a friendship.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 19, 2018 7:17 AM
Jan 2018
Oscar sem dúvida alguma tem um coração muitíssimo nobre, e isso é o que eu mais admiro nela. Esse episódio também me deixou com medo, em relação a resignação de André em dar a vida por ela em troca do que ela fez por ele.
Jan 7, 2019 12:31 PM
Jul 2018
Great. Since when the princess started getting so spoiled? She saw du Barry riding a horse so she requested having one too; and above that, once she got it, she didn't listen to any of the instructions Oscar and Andre were giving to her and she stuck to her excitement just getting on the horse; thus she upset the horse and caused so much trouble to the point of all the blame fell on Andre. What a BRAT. It's none's but her fault alone!
Jun 13, 2019 9:06 PM
Oct 2017
The relationship/frienship between Oscar and Andre showed on this Ep. was so beautiful. I'm in love with Oscar <3
Apr 30, 2020 10:29 AM
Jul 2018
this is what happens when you're a lil spoiled girl, life gets back at you... ahhh Atoinette, the horse ain't Oscar or your soft heartened Prince v-v they told her to stay still, but yeah shit had to happen and the horse went on a rampage- her girly and fancy outfit was eye catching tho t-t
my Oscar got injured too :c

UNFAIRNESS fuuuuu how tf is Andre guilty for the incident smh :v (i will keep my disgust towards the king low cause i know royalties were protected so by no means would they ever be guilty of anything :v while commoners had to carry the weight f*ckers :v) death penalty? lol give me a damn break .. justice? hello, it's me (?)

Oscar save him!!!!!! your most loyal man t-t (btw Andre is my fav in terms of feelings and all the love affair/childhood friendship during the series)- loyalty really buys me

skipping a bit the injury part-
Fersen's reaction after finding out Oscar is a female hahahaha priceless :D "you don't wanna peek at a woman's naked body, do you Fersen you pervy sage :v"
Sep 10, 2020 12:59 AM

Jul 2015
Damn that selfish brat Marie almost costed our man André's life (since he's the one responsible for the horses as the stable guy) and injured the manliest of man Oscar. I don't get a good feeling hearing André say that he'll give his life up for Oscar someday...

Dec 31, 2020 1:32 PM

Mar 2020
Great episode, I really like how they went more in depth about Oscar and Andre's friendship. I'm really starting to like Fersen more tho, I never expected him to risk his life for them like that.
Joe, Joe Forever....
Jan 31, 2021 7:47 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Andre might be foreshadowing something there. I hope he survives to the very end.

Now that Fersen knows that Oscar is a woman, I wonder if something happens there.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 1, 2021 12:19 PM

Nov 2018
Fersen doesn't seem like a good person , another reputation player?
Also princess was childish and egotistical from the start and now she is just getting bored of being caged in her castle and just wants some freedom. She is not a bad person , just pretty stupid and capricious.
What's Jeanne up to?She will have a major role I guess.
There''ll be a lot of deaths , Andre's death flag is not the only it feels like.
I hate everyone equally
Mar 28, 2021 8:07 PM

Aug 2018
Princess should have listened more tbh, all of that could have been avoided.

Jul 2, 2021 10:14 PM

Jan 2021
From some reason I don’t like the princess T_T
Also I ship Andrés and Oscar!!<3
Feb 6, 2022 5:39 AM

Jun 2007
lmao horses are not that dumb.... horses =/= malfunctioning cars
see you, space cowperson . . .
Jun 9, 2022 11:34 PM

Apr 2020
The best episode in the series so far! Man, I’m really loving this!
Jul 7, 2022 9:12 AM

Apr 2016
"It's not manly to sigh" ugh Oscar relax and then she go feeling all moved easily by Fersen lol at least Marie is entertaining with how annoyingly spoiled she acts.

Andre feeling all dramatic and romantic this episode.

Now Fersen got more interested in Oscar?
May 25, 2023 3:19 PM

Jan 2021
It was honestly quite upsetting to see Marie spending time with another man. She is the wife, the Dauphine and the future Queen..

Also, I feel a bit guilty for feeling this way but I did wish Marie would fall off or be thrown off the horse. Sometimes that flower-garden head of hers need to be told that there are actually people who go to a lot of trouble to fulfill her desires.

Ugh, and that "someday I will give up my life for you".... I hope none of them die.

Nov 30, 2023 5:28 AM

Apr 2017
To be honest, as much as people hate her, this anime is currently being hard carried by Madame Du Barry. I also really like Andre a lot (problematic fav). The rest of the characters aren't enduring at all.

- Oscar is annoying. She obviously cares about this affair with Marie and Fersen because she has a crush on Fersen.
- Marie is annoying. I find it funny how she slut shamed Du Barry, while having an affair as a married woman.
- Fersen is bland AF.
- Marie's husband (he's so irrelevant that I'm not even going to remember his name) is bland AF as well.
- The King is just plot device.
- Duke Orleans is a rather bland villain.
- The rest are side characters.

Madame Du Barry is the only exciting one so far, and Andre has some charm about him.
Mar 30, 7:55 PM
Jul 2020
Love the foreshadowing on Andre’s part, also it was so funny when Fersen was confused and really thought Oscar was a man lol.
Apr 18, 9:01 AM
May 2017
Incredible showstopping totally unique never been done before

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rose of Versailles Episode 28 Discussion ( 1 2 )

fanty - Nov 5, 2009

74 by GinGmaximum »»
Apr 19, 11:22 PM

Poll: » Rose of Versailles Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

yma981 - Sep 23, 2008

65 by ArtimesGamer »»
Apr 19, 2:36 AM

Poll: » Rose of Versailles Episode 32 Discussion

DonKangolJones - Nov 30, 2008

48 by 5hadow17 »»
Apr 4, 12:30 PM

Poll: » Rose of Versailles Episode 17 Discussion

Alcoholicide - Sep 6, 2011

24 by ryougi_shiki07 »»
Apr 2, 6:08 PM

Poll: » Rose of Versailles Episode 16 Discussion

MagEarwhig - May 26, 2009

33 by ryougi_shiki07 »»
Apr 2, 4:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.