Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 18, 2009 6:14 PM

Jan 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Layfon collapsed just from some rod poked in his back? How shameful(for him)=__=
Sorry for grammar mistakes(if any), english is not my native language. Feel free to correct me if you see some.
Apr 19, 2009 12:14 AM
Apr 2009
It just shows he's human afterall lol. But you're right tho, I thought something like this would be a walk in the park for him.
Apr 19, 2009 1:10 AM

Jan 2009
Kamisama onegai nozoite Layfon! (God please save Layfon) This episode shock me twice a lot especially at end. Still shaky with heart beat up. What I liked about episode:
Karian situation assessment after battle with Diin. Mifi running with Naruki and Mei-shen when party gets to training. Felli jealousy of Layfon x Mei-shen. All of the potato peeling/Nina+Felli fight due to Sharnid proposing a potato peeler to both of them. Fight of all against Layfon and when Layfon throw twice Naruki so much she shocked at end of this....all shocked Layfon too strong and fast (Heaven Blade wielders.....too strong like akuma.) Feeling admitting and sorting when Mei-shen/Naruki/Mifi talk in their room. The sauna part was ok for fan service LOL @ Felli breast complex again. Me at end O_O and sake. Layfon..........................NO DIE PLEASE!
What I did not like

Felli very jealous and angry. Nice eyes. She showed me anger not seen wit her before.

I liked all these chibi forms. All were right before. Chibi forms=win for these scenes.

First shock was really what is queen doing. Me found two things: 1.Queen is a guardian of the city or 2. Queen is human but with fused guardian that can maintain human shape with no problems. Me think queen of that but so violent queen to Canalice.

Please Layfon not die! Layfon not die. Layfon makenie! Layfon you saved Mei-shen but now who going to save you......me nervous after this and me going to be again when re watch some other time. Layfon not die. Layfon the best he survive.
Apr 19, 2009 7:40 PM
Jul 2008
Pretty how Sharnid provoked Felli and Nina with just a peeler! XD
Wow... Layfon is strong, but very clueless. 4 (technically 2) versus 1 and Layfon still one. Naruki got hid hard...
Synola can be pretty scary when she wants to... She was too harsh to Canalice
Sucks for Layfon at the end, getting wounded protecting Mei-shen, but that part was predictable...

The horrible Engrish screen was a disappointment... I thought it was a flashback but it was actually just a movie Sharnid and Harley (possible that there are more people) are watching...
QuickfoxApr 19, 2009 10:14 PM
Apr 20, 2009 3:54 AM

Dec 2007
Great episode, not much action but I liked the development. Give me moar FellixFonfon though.
Apr 20, 2009 6:00 AM

Sep 2008
i quite enjoyed this episode, some great development in the characters, also the queen isn't as nice as we though eh? Meeichi better get away from layfon, Felli is the one who should be with him :p it was a kind of sad ending in this one though and like others have said it is weird to see him get owned by something like that. personally thought it was a bit dumb that the preview pretty much revealed everything about the next episode, well im guessing so.
Apr 20, 2009 7:58 AM

Jan 2009
quite good part.
we find out truth whay he was thrown out.
than that he is monster between normal martil artists, wich are monsters for normal humans.
than that he can use more than one type of kei.
and that heavens sword if far from normal weapon.

it wouldn't be strange if they turn those farys in weapons.
Apr 20, 2009 9:45 AM

Jun 2008
It seems like Leerin is kinda related to the Queen.
Apr 20, 2009 9:46 AM
Mar 2009
and ofc lets not forget ... LEERIN is queens ... what child? sister?

canalice found out something of that sort... thats why queen got angry.

Kie_ you are too fast :-P
Apr 20, 2009 10:20 AM

Jan 2009
Well hooray for more boob pillows, sadly you need something embedded through your back to get it...

Now who was it that rained all over Mei & Layfon's touching love scene? Either the goat which was seen on one of the pillars, or Mr. Haia & company? My money is leaning toward the goat because he wants some Layfon...
Apr 20, 2009 10:48 AM

Oct 2008
so in the end Layton as expelled not because of underground fights but because his activities showed that matrial artists and psychokinetics are not normal humans at all -_-
Apr 20, 2009 11:25 AM

Feb 2008
i knew something would happen to him the moment the captain said that their team was good enough to win. of course that's the usual flag anyways. hmm now im curious as to what leerin is to the queen. if it was found out through DNA its either a relative, or she is artificial.
Apr 20, 2009 11:48 AM

Aug 2008
Great episode is great. Loved every moment of it. Nice action scenes (I wonder if FonFon will ever face something challenging - other than a metal shard in his back). Even better chibi scenes. The only thing I dislike how Felli is usually left out in the end..

japanme32 said:
Great scene!

Furthermore, I am of the opinion that Felli is to be deified!
Apr 20, 2009 12:04 PM

Oct 2008
guys so queen sent layton, she wanted to show people that matrial artist and psychokineticts aren't normal humans at all (11min 38sec), but she punished him so people won't fear them or what ... couze i don't get this speeches comparing queen's (11min 38sec) and layton's (19min 34sec)
Apr 20, 2009 1:15 PM
Mar 2009
Hronic said:
guys so queen sent layton, she wanted to show people that matrial artist and psychokineticts aren't normal humans at all (11min 38sec), but she punished him so people won't fear them or what ... couze i don't get this speeches comparing queen's (11min 38sec) and layton's (19min 34sec)

no. Leyfon went to the underground matches for money... but because he is too strong even for the martial artists that would show the normal non combatant ppl that blade receivers are like monsters... far above humans. So the queen punished him with a stupid excuse of the games to stop him from winning easily all matches.

He got exiled to keep the secret of the power difference. She did that to spare his life. Else she will had to kill him to protect this secret.
Apr 20, 2009 2:02 PM
Apr 2009
I think having heavy steel beams collapsing on you will kill you. So for Layfon to survive is an amazing feat in itself. Especially if he is carrying someone equal to his weight.

And wow, I guess there was a deeper reason than blackmailing for Layfon's exile. Good good, the plot is unfolding.
Apr 20, 2009 3:15 PM

Jul 2008
kie_ said:
It seems like Leerin is kinda related to the Queen.

yeah maybe we will find out their relationship soon^^
Apr 20, 2009 8:17 PM

May 2008
Zomg a stick tin the back lol'd can't wait for the next ep I wanna see if they can beat platoon 1
Apr 20, 2009 8:33 PM

Sep 2008
Ha ha ha it was so funny to see Meicchi reaction after finding out Layfon shared the sandwiches she made him xD. Things seem to be getting interesting.

Apr 20, 2009 9:27 PM

Jun 2007
We didn't learn anything new about Layfon's past rofl. This was the same example explanation they gave us 4 or 5 episodes back :S.

The only two things we did learn where that the queen and Leerin are somehow related and that Heavens Blade receivers and mind users are far stronger then humans and military arts users...which we kind of already knew. I can only guess that they're decedents of the Haikizokou or Regious fairies. I cant really see them being related to the bugs since the bugs don't have that magical glow around them :P.

In any case I thought this episode was pretty good. Glad to see Layfon can still get hurt like a normal human :P.

PS. that metal peace wasn't just sticking in his back. It went thought it. That's enough to make any person pass out from shock.
Apr 21, 2009 1:12 AM

Aug 2007
I love them chibi parts. Felli is just too awesome.
Apr 21, 2009 1:33 AM

Jan 2009
I thought Layfon's kei would be enough to blast through all those collapsing debris, guess not. And Layfon got more boobs pillow ^^
Apr 21, 2009 8:33 AM

Mar 2009
DeathfireD said:
I can only guess that they're decedents of the Haikizokou or Regious fairies.

I already mention this in a previous post. Haikizokou are Regios fairy bent on Revenge against Filth monster for destroying their city. They are so vengeful that will hurt anyone that gets in their way of revenge and even posses people to do their bidding. Also people cannot be decedents of fairy's since
Apr 21, 2009 9:07 AM

Jan 2009
To add, Queen is Grendan. So this secret yes but me think is SELFISH! Selfish, selfish reason no matter what all think. Leery suffer because of stupid decision of Queen. Other way existed me sure to keep secret. Why Queen not say this to Layfon before he fight? Why Queen not give money to orphan center so Layfon not fight?

Also me refuse to think of Layfon as monster. Just because there is black person, mean not he is someone to rape or abuse you like other believe. Stereotypes......never good.
Apr 21, 2009 10:29 AM

Mar 2009
japanme32 said:
To add, Queen is Grendan. So this secret yes but me think is SELFISH! Selfish, selfish reason no matter what all think. Leery suffer because of stupid decision of Queen. Other way existed me sure to keep secret. Why Queen not say this to Layfon before he fight? Why Queen not give money to orphan center so Layfon not fight?

Also me refuse to think of Layfon as monster. Just because there is black person, mean not he is someone to rape or abuse you like other believe. Stereotypes......never good.

I don't think you understand why the Queen call Layfon a monster.

She doesn't says she, Layfon, the Heavens Blade and psychokinesis users are a monsters literally. She saying their are like monsters figuratively speaking. What she meant they have powers which are more greater than the average person which scares the people. She banish Layfon for not only being involved in underground matches, but also for trying to kill his blackmailer, dishonoring the Heavens Blade name for his actions and acting like a monster which scared the people of Grendan when the HB are supposed to be worship as heroes. His punishment was for him to learn some humility and learn to control himself from doing anything irrational ever again.

Also Grendan is not the Queen since i already explain above of what a Fairy is. So stop believing about your selfish theories since they are already contradicting.

ps. Please try to improve your English.
Apr 21, 2009 10:35 AM

Jan 2009
MrTerrorist said:
japanme32 said:

Ok fairies, me understand what you are saying so Grendon is just taking human form. Me understand about Queen reasons, but me think is selfish anyways. Other ways still could have been found. By calling monster Queen made mentally Layfon think he might be monster. Maybe is one reason why he sad.

PS: will try to improve English. sorry
Apr 21, 2009 10:56 AM

Sep 2008
Your english is fine, you just have to start using "I" instead of "me" ;)

Anyhow, about this episode, I actually quite liked it, even though in one moment I thought it's going to be fan service again by the way it started.
The only thing that confused me was the queen.

Also, why did Layfon run through falling bridge instead of simply jumping with Mei-Shen on one of the sides? It was water there or something, I don't really remember, but anyway, that would have taken them off the danger.
But, this way it got better, he got injured, finally showing us he is just a human.

P.S. Mei-Shen has huge tits, daaaaaaamn....
Apr 21, 2009 12:54 PM

Mar 2008
Great episode, especially the drama ending. Nina and Felli fighting for the kitchen tool was also super funny :)
Apr 21, 2009 4:38 PM

Jun 2007
MrTerrorist said:
DeathfireD said:
I can only guess that they're decedents of the Haikizokou or Regious fairies.

I already mention this in a previous post. Haikizokou are Regios fairy bent on Revenge against Filth monster for destroying their city. They are so vengeful that will hurt anyone that gets in their way of revenge and even posses people to do their bidding. Also people cannot be decedents of fairy's since

And they already explained that several episodes ago lol. We already knew Haikizokou where fairy's that went nuts.

I'm assuming your spoiler is from a manga/game or something right? Or is this your own hypothesis? If it is from a manga or game then that basically answered what Layfon is lol.

Needless to say one thing I noticed in this episode was that Canalice asked the queen if they should bring the Haikizokou into the city. This gives me the feeling that their city is made up of many Haikizokou that we just don't see. Possibly attached to a human on purpose.
Apr 21, 2009 7:15 PM

Aug 2008
Well, this was another ok episode. So far, after 15 episodes, I'm finally getting a sense that this show might be trying to go somewhere, that is with the Queen and this big secret. Though I could be wrong, her ridiculous treatment of Canaris and excessive punishment of Layfon leads me only to believe this.

Again, we are left with Nina being tsundere for Layfon which has gone past the annoying phase and gone into "I really just don't care to be confused anymore" stage...but at least some things got exposed in the way of Meishin.

Here's one thing that has bothered me of late: We keep hearing everyone say how great of a monster Layfon and the Heaven's Bladers are, and that they should be controlled. Yet, Layfon gets sent off to this city to basically be used however Felli's brother wants. Now in this episode, we're told that not only Heaven's bladers are "monsters," but military artists and psychokinetics in general. If that's the case, I really don't get the severity of his punishment, nor the treatment of Canaris. If they're such a monstrosity, why aren't they all being rounded up and killed? Because they're necessary to kill filth monster, and otherwise are the cities' only means of protection.

Maybe it's the adaptation, but I get the sense that not enough sense has been made of this world.
Apr 21, 2009 8:13 PM

Mar 2009
noteDhero said:
Well, this was another ok episode. So far, after 15 episodes, I'm finally getting a sense that this show might be trying to go somewhere, that is with the Queen and this big secret. Though I could be wrong, her ridiculous treatment of Canaris and excessive punishment of Layfon leads me only to believe this.

Again, we are left with Nina being tsundere for Layfon which has gone past the annoying phase and gone into "I really just don't care to be confused anymore" stage...but at least some things got exposed in the way of Meishin.

Here's one thing that has bothered me of late: We keep hearing everyone say how great of a monster Layfon and the Heaven's Bladers are, and that they should be controlled. Yet, Layfon gets sent off to this city to basically be used however Felli's brother wants. Now in this episode, we're told that not only Heaven's bladers are "monsters," but military artists and psychokinetics in general. If that's the case, I really don't get the severity of his punishment, nor the treatment of Canaris. If they're such a monstrosity, why aren't they all being rounded up and killed? Because they're necessary to kill filth monster, and otherwise are the cities' only means of protection.

Maybe it's the adaptation, but I get the sense that not enough sense has been made of this world.

Think of if this way. The powerful people u mention above are like Heroes who defend the Regios from danger from the Filth monsters and other threats. As a result they are worship for their bravery for defending the people. But at the same time the people also fear them should they abuse their powers for their own selfish needs (Killing indiscriminately, involve in crime).

What the Queen was actually saying that the Heavens Blade should fight like monster to defeat the Filth monster since they have monstrous amount of kei and great skills yet at same time she wants them to restrain themselves and be civil with the people since their still human. If they don't learn to control themselves then their just the same as the Filth monsters.
Apr 21, 2009 8:19 PM

Aug 2008
But they aren't just the same. They're humans with feelings, sanity, and breaking points. She's indiscriminately treating them like caged animals instead of humans. When would it ever be acceptable for a human to do what she did to Canaris? I'm not saying what Layfon did regarding his blackmailing was right by any means, but there seems to be no understanding on her part of his situation.

Also, is the queen included among the Heaven's Bladers? The thought that she could just pick Canaris up with one arm just struck me.
Apr 21, 2009 8:20 PM

Jan 2009
MrTerrorist said:
noteDhero said:

Think of if this way. The powerful people u mention above are like Heroes who defend the Regios from danger from the Filth monsters and other threats. As a result they are worship for their bravery for defending the people. But at the same time the people also fear them should they abuse their powers for their own selfish needs (Killing indiscriminately, involve in crime).

What the Queen was actually saying that the Heavens Blade should fight like monster to defeat the Filth monster since they have monstrous amount of kei and great skills yet at same time she wants them to restrain themselves and be civil with the people since their still human. If they don't learn to control themselves then their just the same as the Filth monsters.

Me remember that filth monsters most dangerous are ones who not reproduce anymore.
Apr 21, 2009 8:41 PM

Mar 2009
noteDhero said:
Also, is the queen included among the Heaven's Bladers? The thought that she could just pick Canaris up with one arm just struck me.

No she's not part of them, she controls them as her bodyguards. Also here's a little interesting fact i learn from animesuki about the Queen.
Apr 21, 2009 8:48 PM

Jan 2009
MrTerrorist said:
noteDhero said:

No she's not part of them, she controls them as her bodyguards. Also here's a little interesting fact i learn from animesuki about the Queen.

So why can't queen power not be duplicated with technology?
Apr 21, 2009 10:03 PM

Aug 2008
MrTerrorist said:

Then that bothers me more. She's the most dangerous person, and she seems quite unable to keep her emotions in check.
Apr 21, 2009 10:35 PM

Mar 2009
noteDhero said:
MrTerrorist said:

Then that bothers me more. She's the most dangerous person, and she seems quite unable to keep her emotions in check.

Apr 22, 2009 11:00 AM

Feb 2008
to think the first time we would see layfon on his back would be because of a pole....... thats just sad
Apr 22, 2009 10:32 PM
Mar 2008
Layfon rapes so hard he leaves them stupid. Sad that the dites (or w/e they're called) he uses, falling rocks, and weak people get in his way lol. Also to think the queen could kill him, she rapes too then.
Apr 22, 2009 11:19 PM

Aug 2007
i seriously hate the music for this anime.

its like techno mixed with kids bop volume 1
Apr 23, 2009 12:26 PM

Jan 2008
Obby said:
i seriously hate the music for this anime.

its like techno mixed with kids bop volume 1

agreed.

kinda ridiculous to let the bridge collapse just to cause some drama..
Apr 23, 2009 6:05 PM

Jul 2008
Lol Layfon is down and next episode Zuelni will get attacked by filth monster.

It look bad for them xD but I guess that Layfon will stand even wounded and clean the job.
Apr 25, 2009 12:34 AM

Apr 2009
maxime1007 said:
Lol Layfon is down and next episode Zuelni will get attacked by filth monster.

It look bad for them xD but I guess that Layfon will stand even wounded and clean the job.

Lol, most likely, yeah.

Well first off I think it's pretty apparent, among the girls, they all like "Fonfon".
As long as he DOESN'T end up with 'Meishen' (or however you want to spell it), it's fine with me. Mei. is just getting on my nerves every single second she's on my screen (so personally I hope he ends up with either Naruki or Felli, but that's just personal hope).
Second, it does show how much stronger Lay is than the rest, and I'm sure he wasn't even trying during that training match, so IF the city gets attacked, I'm sure Layton will be able to handle it just fine.

On a sidenote: how can NOT have ever heard of a vegetable peeler?? O.o

- Lith.
Apr 25, 2009 4:17 AM

Apr 2009
What a funny episode! I'm just glad it's not all play and fun though. The last scene hints at something bigger.
Apr 25, 2009 4:22 PM

Apr 2009
I love when felli goes chibi form with layfon and we get to see her mad this episode XDDDDDD
I still wanto to learn about Layfons past, but darn i love this anime.
Sucked how he got taken out =(

Apr 25, 2009 8:03 PM
Jan 2009
Great Episode, Layfon rulez
May 3, 2009 2:05 AM

Jul 2008
where did you guys find the torrent for this episode?? i cant find one anywhere o.o
May 6, 2009 3:09 AM
May 7, 2009 3:24 PM

Oct 2008
This episode is the best..

There should be less fighting, more...

Felli, Nina, and Meicchi are so cute!!!

May 11, 2009 12:12 AM

Jul 2008
And Layfon's harem gets more development!

I was so betting on Felli or Nina sabotaging them and making the bridge collapse...but I guess not.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chrome Shelled Regios Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ShanaFlame - Jun 20, 2009

164 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 22, 2023 12:38 AM

Poll: » Chrome Shelled Regios Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - May 30, 2009

63 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 21, 2023 10:58 PM

Poll: » Chrome Shelled Regios Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - May 23, 2009

52 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 21, 2023 10:30 PM

Poll: » Chrome Shelled Regios Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MrTerrorist - May 17, 2009

88 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 21, 2023 9:55 PM

Poll: » Chrome Shelled Regios Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Quickfox - May 3, 2009

56 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 21, 2023 8:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.