Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 17, 2014 5:59 AM

Dec 2012
Probably my favorite scenario yet. I really felt for the teacher and that relationship of solitude and escapism he had with Sawai was bittersweet. Not only that, but this episode shows how Ai is conflicted about her duties.
Nov 30, 2014 1:26 PM
Jul 2018
It was quite dramatic. But, to be honest, I really like the plot of this one. It was interesting and much diffrent. I'm sure it will last in our minds for longer than the others. Maybe somebody will say I'm strange but for me this episode was even darker than the rest, althrough there weren't blood, killing or stuff like that. It just made me think a lot and I can't stop
Dec 24, 2014 1:04 AM

Aug 2013
Hmm.. I don't understand how the loli girl see visions and stuff.
That guy feels more like a stalker.. but I want to know more about Ai too.
She's one of the most mysterious character I know.
Feb 2, 2015 3:08 AM
May 2013
EShirou said:
darkerealm said:
If the sensei wanted to die, he could have just committed suicide or something. I don't understand his logic at all.

hmm

+ He didn't know that person who pull the string will go to hell
+ and he couldn't do anything to his current state of affairs for various reasons so

= i see it that way, that he saw escape and salvation from the hands of someone else who understands him and can help him out, therefore he asked that person if he could send him to hell, even if it was hell, he was fine with it since it has given him the means of escape of the cruel things he couldn't stand.

He wanted to escape to hell from cruel things. I think if he was in hell they would use all the things he hated as a method of torture.

Also he should have done it himself. If he couldn't do it, why ask her to do it... right, he didn't know she'd be sent to Hell BUT why make a student do it.They still have their whole life ahead of them, things will change and you will regret decisions you made in high school. Remember how they text each other and that made them happy... and they finally meet...i thought they would become friends and help each other through hard times maybe even go to heaven to live happily ever after... but no Hell was the best choice here, the best place for lovers to be together. -_-
May 12, 2015 9:49 AM

Jul 2013
I didn't understand this episode, Were they dating? Did he know he was texting with her or was he thinking it was just some other random girl?
May 28, 2015 7:05 AM

Dec 2014
Looks llike big juicy plot is coming up next ep.
Feb 1, 2016 8:35 PM

Mar 2011
Splendid! Incredible dramatic atmosphere, this was definitely the best episode for me.
Feb 7, 2016 5:10 AM
Feb 2016
Well on the part when it said he'll is actually heaven is was like you nigga whaaaat?
Feb 11, 2016 1:38 PM
Aug 2012
Some bastards deserves to be ferried to hell directly, because they had done things that couldn't be fixed
Mar 20, 2016 11:01 AM

Mar 2015
Well.. that was interesting different approach.

Sep 21, 2016 6:02 AM

Mar 2012
The people in this show are retarded. S2 must have been really good for me to have forgotten how much the characters triggered me in S1 lol. Like really though, how does one consider hell to be better than their current life? What was the author thinking when she wrote this chapter? I just don't even...
Jan 2, 2017 7:35 PM

Sep 2013
darkerealm said:
If the sensei wanted to die, he could have just committed suicide or something. I don't understand his logic at all.

Same here. I mean, Hell is pretty much as bad as it gets right? If he didn't like the situation he was in, why would he wish to make it worse? I always figured that if I hated my life so bad I'd just run off somewhere and start completely over (in another country, in a different setting, with a different name...whatever it took to make things better).

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Mar 6, 2017 10:51 AM

Apr 2009
1.Why did she write the sensei's name on the site?
2.Where is the revenge?
3.How did they know each other's phone number?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 27, 2017 7:38 AM

May 2015
It was ok episode. Nothing more
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 9, 2017 8:23 PM

Jan 2015
To me it was a really weak episode I dont even feel sad for them at all nor was it a fucked-up or revenge story.
Like many said: why did girl wrote his name on the site in the first place.
Why would you ever decide that suffering eternally is better than killing yourself and getting to heaven for peace? He's tired of his life ok i get it why do you want an eternal pain?
I think i did understand why the girl decided to help him (and condeming herself to hell as well) she wants to help him after getting to know him and wants to meet him in hell. Unfortunately for her Hell is huge and you dont decide where to go so they will never find each other.
Jul 1, 2017 9:32 AM

Dec 2012
Best episode so far.
Aug 21, 2017 11:46 PM

Sep 2016
this was a interesting eps goes against the basic principles of sending those to hell who usually are cruel people who commit atrocious acts to even be perceived as a candidate to such terms even enma was conflicted as well which has me thinking her grandma told her to not think of such things but i want her to go deeper and find out
Facta Non Verba
Oct 30, 2017 12:40 PM

Sep 2012
ezaya said:
1.Why did she write the sensei's name on the site?
2.Where is the revenge?
3.How did they know each other's phone number?

1. she was pissed cause he was bugging her at the beginning about going back to school
2. it no longer was, but sins she had the straw toll she can still use it, what matters is the emotion before & when he or she gets the straw toll
3.they met online they were online buddies under false names so they had no idea who the other1 is until she send him the txt in the school close to hes phone & so it ringing after sending

u should really pay more attention :)
Dec 6, 2017 10:46 AM

Oct 2015
Yeah that was one thought provoking episode. Quite refreshing, if sad.

Somehow, I have a feeling that hell isn't such a bad place and everyone will cope with way things are going. Perhaps the series will conclude with everyone returning to earth for one more chance to correct their mistakes.
Nov 4, 2018 12:34 PM

Jun 2017
Very weird ... For once it's the opposite of the concept of anime that happened
Feb 17, 2019 5:35 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
That was quite an strange and drammatic episode.
Sadly no happy end I would have wished a lot for it

Jun 14, 2019 3:38 AM

Sep 2012
Humza_96 said:
This episode was so stupid.
Like everyone else said he could have just committed suicide.
And why did all the students hate him?
Did that anti-social girl really have a reason to hate him so much she wants him dead?

Some of the decisions in the show have been unnecessary but this was just plain stupid. The worst episode so far IMO.

killing urself is hard, it means he is 2scered to do it himself and that's easier way u wont exp the pain and other scary stuff that comes with it
Sugram22May 27, 2023 3:28 AM
Jun 14, 2019 3:44 AM

Sep 2012
opal909 said:
I didn't understand this episode, Were they dating? Did he know he was texting with her or was he thinking it was just some other random girl?

they were online friens without knowing it sensei was the one she talked with online, GEZZ pay more attention when watching it
Sugram22May 27, 2023 3:28 AM
Jan 11, 2020 1:15 PM

Jul 2008
Okay this episode was full of WTF?!

Sawai had zero reason to sent her teacher to hell, she was the one skipping class!!! Then for the teacher to ask her to do so?! WTF?!

These two are messed up on a completely different spectrum.
Jan 10, 2021 1:49 PM

Mar 2019
Yess, there it isss, different episode, the teacher actually wanted to go to hell and told the girl to do it. Very interesting, also seems like the main plot is that journalist and her daughter? going after hell girl and also the girl being somehow connected to Ai?
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Apr 12, 2021 4:13 AM

Sep 2012
WolfWood37 said:
Okay this episode was full of WTF?!

Sawai had zero reason to sent her teacher to hell, she was the one skipping class!!! Then for the teacher to ask her to do so?! WTF?!

These two are messed up on a completely different spectrum.

it was mercy killing she so how he was suffering like she is

thing i they both had mental issues sins they suffered for no reason, or is it what doctors call depression

so new some ppl use hell girls for escapeism
May 18, 2021 7:44 PM
Apr 2021
Fuzakuwa sensei was good he tried to his best but the students were bad to him so why take him to hell?? So even if innocent people names have been written in the hell link they would be sent to hell too...

And this episode was so really sad :(
Sep 28, 2022 2:50 PM
May 2022
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Nov 11, 2022 10:58 AM
Dec 2017
no such thing as happy endings here in hell girl

Mar 11, 2023 11:05 AM

Sep 2017
This was the most idiotic episode by far and I didn't even like it a bit. What the hell was that all supposed to mean? Some edgy kid and a suicidal teacher just...what the hell
خ
Mar 30, 3:23 PM

Jun 2020
It take me long time to accept that she just write his name because she didn’t want to go to school. I looked for an another reason for whole episode I just can’t accept it like wtf.
I’m now not sure how their revenge system works I wanna see actually what happens to innocent person who don’t wanna go to hell and what gonna happen to them. Because every episode who has some kind of similar story did change in the end or the good person turns that they want to go to hell or the doll changed hands
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

redbuzz - May 8, 2008

69 by kirA_-_ »»
Mar 30, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Episode 11 Discussion

Moonfrost - Sep 19, 2009

47 by kirA_-_ »»
Mar 29, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Chilli-Kun - Jan 31, 2008

78 by kirA_-_ »»
Mar 29, 10:36 AM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

sugarplumfairy - Oct 2, 2008

91 by kirA_-_ »»
Mar 14, 4:17 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mitamaking - Oct 4, 2008

106 by kirA_-_ »»
Mar 14, 1:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.