Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 15, 2009 2:54 PM
Jul 2018
Honestly...
How does it come you can't criticize that anime even more?
The constant lack of seriousity of those people involved in the war and the lack of concern (I mean poeple they know died, and they haven't been concerned at all, even though all of them came from the same very small commune).
And also small things like why the girl tried to stop that militia (captain?) from heading out with the tank, seriously, the tank did it's job and managed to take out an even more modern tank, Wow, that the engine might die wasn't important at this point, they had at least to try to stand a chance against their overwhelming enemys.
And what about that supertank??? Seriously, wtf? If that one would have fought none of the Gallians would have died, lol.
And in the first episode, that spy thing was also just mindless and annoying and wouldn't those villagers know the children of their freaking War Hero who is residing in their very own village? I could go on like that even longer but I think you should know by now what I am talking about.
I hope the anime gains some seriousity in the next episode or at least mangages to combine the themes of war and comedy better.

Excuse my English if there are errors, I don't thing there are that many but I wouldn't know.
Apr 16, 2009 3:45 AM

Jun 2008
Purzelstolz said:
Honestly...
How does it come you can't criticize that anime even more?
The constant lack of seriousity of those people involved in the war and the lack of concern (I mean poeple they know died, and they haven't been concerned at all, even though all of them came from the same very small commune).
And also small things like why the girl tried to stop that militia (captain?) from heading out with the tank, seriously, the tank did it's job and managed to take out an even more modern tank, Wow, that the engine might die wasn't important at this point, they had at least to try to stand a chance against their overwhelming enemys.
And what about that supertank??? Seriously, wtf? If that one would have fought none of the Gallians would have died, lol.
And in the first episode, that spy thing was also just mindless and annoying and wouldn't those villagers know the children of their freaking War Hero who is residing in their very own village? I could go on like that even longer but I think you should know by now what I am talking about.
I hope the anime gains some seriousity in the next episode or at least mangages to combine the themes of war and comedy better.

Excuse my English if there are errors, I don't thing there are that many but I wouldn't know.
um... a couple things for you...

-ITS A FICTITIOUS WORLD LOOSELY BASED ON THE REAL ONE! you will find out how fictitious it is in a bit... the war is SUPPOSED to NOT be a fair fight for the Gallians. the game can attest to that... they have some completely ridiculous missions and almost always the enemy soldiers are better trained and equipped then the Gallians.

-you want to know more about the backstory and the details? PLAY THE GAME! they have an EXTENSIVE explanation to all the characters and events, if you look at the personnel roster and glossary.

and about Alicia not knowing about Welkin, its because she wasn't around in Bruhl before he left, it states in the game early on (and possibly so far in the anime, I haven't seen the anime yet) that she is an orphan and is in Bruhl because she became a live-in apprentice baker, plus, Welkin was gone for 8 years from Bruhl.
"I only have two modes... At war with something, or having sex with it! There is no middle ground." -Colbert

Jul 9, 2009 9:43 AM

Jan 2008
Purzelstolz said:

i agree on the first Ep part.. it was so annoying.. i played the game.. it's not as it should be in the anime..
why did they change the story from the start of the anime??
even isara.. in the game she knew Alicia.. that fight between them was so stupid..
i was so looking forward to this anime but now i'm very disappointed with it.. i'v only watched the first 2 Ep..
i don't know how the story is progressing now .. but i hope they are following the game properly ..

Sep 14, 2011 3:03 PM

Mar 2008
I have to agree. They took the seriousness of the game and threw it away, then threw in some typical anime shit. The characters are all acting so stupid and how can they be so easy going when their town is being attacked? :'( The music doesn't fit the scenes either. They should have done a better job picking songs or just composed new ones.
Mar 30, 2015 9:25 PM

Jul 2013
And the mood is all over the place. Sometimes characters react really strongly to small things when writers want a dramatic scene but other times something really bad might happen and everyone are like "'m'kay" and move on or don't even react.The writing is so frigging sloppy and towards the end i was shaking my head out of frustration how stupid things went.

One of the examples would be that funny little scene where Alicia is destroying the prince's tank and there was no way Selvaria would make it in time (she was near and started to rush towards it when it was basically already exploding ) and get the prince out (some people try to make excuses for this scene but those excuses are invalid)

Well the whole fucking thing is just solved with a sloppy jump cut (fuck you)

Did Selvaria suddenly got ability to phase through herself and others through walls or how did she managed to get him out of a tank in a fucking second.

Awful series, just awful.
KuruwinMar 30, 2015 9:41 PM

More topics from this board

» is the story complete in anime form?

NaughtySempai - Feb 2

8 by NaughtySempai »»
Feb 3, 3:29 AM

» Never got dubbed?

searingdark - Sep 15, 2023

3 by Levo »»
Oct 26, 2023 4:12 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

daniking79 - Jul 4, 2009

76 by SSGHOKAGE »»
May 16, 2023 8:53 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

japanme32 - Apr 11, 2009

101 by YabaniMario »»
Apr 11, 2023 7:26 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

hazelnutman - Apr 4, 2009

156 by YabaniMario »»
Apr 11, 2023 7:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.