Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 16, 2009 12:06 PM

Sep 2007
Arthur pisses me off. If he would just stop yelling and rushing into fighting...
Apr 16, 2009 1:08 PM

Dec 2008
Iriya said:
Arthur pisses me off. If he would just stop yelling and rushing into fighting...
lol XD!! agreed, but at the same time his stupidity is amusing~
Apr 16, 2009 2:19 PM

Jan 2009
Iriya said:

Arawn pisses me off.
Apr 16, 2009 3:25 PM

Jun 2008
That princess girl (forgot her name) is really getting on my nerve.
Anyway decent episode.

Charliehsv said:
Darkii said:
OMG ANGEL999. Amirite?

Lol I was thinking exactly the same thing.

Isn't it obvious?
Apr 16, 2009 3:44 PM

Sep 2008
Decent episode. can't wait to see that dude with the huge sword fight. I wonder if he'll plow through people like Guts.

Apr 16, 2009 4:29 PM

Sep 2008
Looks like Guts (Gaius) and Griffith (Arthur or demon king, you pick) finally changed sides.....somebody watched/read too much berserk before making this show...

I didn't like the episode, fighting is too rushed, characters are shallow at most, and story seems cliché. Hopefully things change soon...
Apr 17, 2009 1:41 PM
May 2008
Cliched all to hell but this was better than the first episode so I'll continue with it.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Apr 17, 2009 9:11 PM

Aug 2008
I find this show hard to chew on. Probably, the story pacing itself is too slow for people like me. Anyway, there's nothing wrong about this episode. However, I find this episode boring as compared to the first.

Nevertheless, I will still watch it. Probably, the series itself will start to blossom in the succeeding episodes.

Apr 17, 2009 11:01 PM

Dec 2007
The episode is good as I expected, and I found out that Arthur is annoying character for some reason. I hoped there’s interesting magic in episode, but they use their weapon to attack the skeletons instead. Riannon is cute, BTW. I need to play Tears to Tiara game.
Apr 18, 2009 6:24 PM

Sep 2008
not a bad episode, I'm kinda starting to like Riannon for some odd reason lol.
"It's because you exist.. That I'm here right now.."
Apr 18, 2009 7:36 PM

Sep 2008
i hated the first episode so much, but i actually quite enjoyed this one. the series seems like it could end up being quite good. i quite like the way the combat is more realistic and slow rarrther than being over the top and crazy. The comedy was a bit out of place but most of it was serious.
Apr 19, 2009 2:01 AM

May 2007
I was semi-bored this episode, because they kept dragging on. And I take my comment on the previous thread back, only Arthur's and Ermin's character designs look better. The fight scenes seemed kinda dull, and the occasional absence of BGM could be heard. But even with these negatives, I liked the episode.

SunyiNyufi said:
Mire said:
Also dumb was that the badass brother warrior refers to himself as "nii-chan", in the same second as he wanted to engage a demon god.

lol, it's probably because I played the game, but I never felt that Arthur was badass XD
Same here; the whole game is full of Arawn bashing Arthur and saying how stupid he is.

I demand they make an OVA with the "tower". Game players will understand.
Apr 19, 2009 10:38 AM

Jan 2009
DaBigD said:
I was semi-bored this episode, because they kept dragging on. And I take my comment on the previous thread back, only Arthur's and Ermin's character designs look better. The fight scenes seemed kinda dull, and the occasional absence of BGM could be heard. But even with these negatives, I liked the episode.

SunyiNyufi said:
Mire said:
Also dumb was that the badass brother warrior refers to himself as "nii-chan", in the same second as he wanted to engage a demon god.

lol, it's probably because I played the game, but I never felt that Arthur was badass XD
Same here; the whole game is full of Arawn bashing Arthur and saying how stupid he is.

I demand they make an OVA with the "tower". Game players will understand.

HOLD IT!
How strong is Arawn in game? Arthur weak? Arawn compliment about something so must mean he have some sleeping power in him? Would be nice to have gamers say like Tales of the Abyss.....what things are missed to understand better that are in game.
Apr 21, 2009 10:41 AM
Feb 2009
i played the game but it in japanese and i just starting to learn japanese, so... i am not very clear...

i hope they dont stick too much to the original game though, it might end up like another tales of abyss (tales of abyss isn't that bad, just it could be a lot better)

i don't really dislike arthur in the game either, probably because every time when he begins to talk, i will just skip the text after i glance over it, so it wont take so long like in anime ;p
flame_tiongApr 21, 2009 10:54 AM
oblivious is a bliss
Apr 21, 2009 11:42 AM

Jan 2009
flame_tiong said:

Ok, good view thanks for clear up
Apr 23, 2009 4:07 AM

Jul 2008
All in all, this episode was pretty good. I loved the walking skeletons fighting, its been a long time since I've seen dem babies. Riannon is really getting on my nerves. I hate when characters suddenly declare they're marrying someone they just met and don't even ask if the other person agrees. I hope she doesn't stay like that, but I have a feeling she will and this series will just start to annoy me all together.
Apr 25, 2009 4:38 PM

Apr 2009
Arwan is not evil D=
And i hatred her brother in this episode, very annoying >.<
Arwan is the msot likable person for me atm =)

Apr 30, 2009 5:51 AM

Jan 2008
Iriya said:
This.
The fight with the skeletons was lame.
May 1, 2009 11:45 AM

Jan 2009
Arawn is awesome character. That "fighting" against undead was funny somehow ^_^ I'm enjoying this. Interesting show so far
May 16, 2009 4:50 PM

Oct 2008
Arthur sees a colorful elemental being coming out of the coffin and transformed into a guy in black clothing and cold-looking eyes..

Jun 6, 2009 12:18 AM

May 2008
t look like Arawn is not devil God as I think. He look more cooler than me think at first. Riannon. He saves Riannon from some deep slumber. Riannon appreciate him for that but that make Arthur jealous of that.

I really like undead design! Fights liked a lot (bones smashing!). I so happy big fat fake priest die! Arawn kill him! Yata (alright!). Ogam remind me of Gandolf from LOTR.

New guy Gaius look cool, he remind me of Guts from Berserk! His sword a lot also is similar to one that Guts.

Sugoi, very daring sensual art of Riannon, me wonder if another art book coming in my collection of this.....BTW to me this scene represented to me virgin flower and Arawn taking that virginity all in figure art speech.
Jul 1, 2009 9:53 AM

Sep 2008
It was an alright episode. I'm not too into this series YET. I guess I'll have to keep watching more episodes before I completely drop this anime.
Jul 28, 2009 1:49 AM

Jul 2008
adamantine said:
i. Wtf?!?!?
ii. Her brother is quite annoying when he is going after the demon king guy.
iii. He redeemed himself once his sister became more annoying.
iv. The demon king guy (Arawn? It looks too much like some weird shipping name for Arwen and Aragorn) is the only character I have so far not been annoyed with.
v. Ugh, hasty-to-fight characters bore me quickly.
vi. Can you say fangirl? Zero character development + a "fate romance" scenario = FAIL. I'm not enjoying this show.
vii. But then again Arawn-demon-king-guy is taking all of this pretty well. Also, the scarf is really awesome on him.
viii. Woah, that sword is ridiculously large.
ix. Holy Empire, his name is Gaius, the cape, the whole outfit really - they aren't all that subtle, now are they?
x. Preview introduces fanservice action girl. Will Arawn be collecting a harem? Or does annoying brother get his own obligatory love interest? Please let it be the second one because his weird way of saying his sister's husband will be the chief was kind venturing into squick territory.

I might like this show if some kind of interesting plot happened and if the characters gained some more dimension. The potential for awesome is there, but I'm not so sure it will sort itself out. Yozakura Quartet has scarred me for life.

This has everything I felt about this episode in one. Because oh my, the main sibling duo is unbelievably annoying, so far.
Aug 4, 2009 1:54 AM

May 2008
So, that demon guy is a lot nicer than I expected.

Also, I do with that Rhiannon girl would fight for herself.:/
If she was a guy, people'd be whining about how useless he was. So I'm not going to tolerate it from a girl.

(Here's looking at you Guin Saga)

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Aug 5, 2009 6:38 AM

Jun 2009
Riannon: If you insist on killing him, then I...

Lol I thought Riannon undresses herself haha

THE BORN OF THE GOOD DEMON KING WAHAHAHAHA

Lol that was funny too, how Arthur kill the skeleton behind him by a scream lolly
ZinvyAug 5, 2009 6:42 AM
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

May 11, 2011 9:25 PM
Dec 2008
the girl becomes seduced by the devil.
is she fucking serious
shes gonna let the demon king alive just cuz he saved her
in a realistic situation, if arawn WAS really the demon king,
shes a fucking retard.
are u gonna allow the demon king to live and come to LOVE him
just cuz he saved you? when hes gonna destroy the world?
its like all those fangirls of justin bieber
women are dumb...
Jan 27, 2012 11:36 PM

Jul 2010
so thats why
i was wondering how i seem to know that voice for arwan. and o look, its the same voice as roy mustang. awesome!
this is gonna be a nice casual watch. lets what happens in 26 episodes.

Feb 15, 2012 4:10 AM

Sep 2008
himekawa said:
Definitely didn't like this episode as much. Is anyone else really tired of the whole "sweet girl meets cold guy whom he brother hates but she loves so she decides to marry him all of a sudden" plotline? I was hoping for something better than this.

Somehow, this is how my initial positive impression has gone... It's kind of "moderately interesting" throughout the episode, but not impressive. That concept is, I agree, done to death. I didn't think it would pop up here; in the first episode, she seemed to not be one of those stereotypical "sweet, naïve" girls but one that actually seemed stricter and more sure of herself... Kind of lost that image this episode...
Jun 2, 2013 4:58 PM

Nov 2011
Arawn? Eek, why would you want to marry Arawn? He's not very good in the Welsh (besides just being a demon and all). I wonder if the Welsh is going to be tainted at all with the lack of a solid concept of good and evil in Shintoism/Buddhism/etc because Arawn is certainly not a "good" demon.

Oh man. That 3D just about killed me. It looked rather out-of-place with the rest of the 2D art, but whatever.

IDK, maybe I'll keep watching this. It's interesting, at least.
Jan 8, 2014 12:41 AM

Jul 2008
Okay this Gaius guy, we realizes the priest attacked them and it was the empire's fault for their rebellion and yet he's going to slaughter them anyway....makes a ton of sense....especially since he seems sensible.
Feb 4, 2014 2:48 AM

Aug 2013
"Even if we're at fault, we must kill them." Yeah okay there. And my goodness those siblings are annoying. It's only the second episode so I hope this gets better.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Sep 27, 2014 11:14 PM

Jan 2011
Again pretty close to the game play here, and the Gaels burning their own village because they will not rest until they have either won or died against the Romans,...oops, I meant Holy Empire. As to why Rhiannon would fall for Arawn on such short notice, he didn't only rescue her--he did it by merging consciousness with her and that just might have given her a view of his heart... It's not like they are madly in love at this point, Arawn is a little perturbed by the whole thing and frankly is so focused on his bigger purpose that he feels he doesn't have time for distractions. Rhiannon also did it to prevent her brother killing Arawn out of hand and she does owe her life to the "Demon King". And she is also a seer, the greatest in Erin, so it just might be that she has a glimpse of the future here. Also from a purely practical point of view--she has to marry someone who will be a strong warrior and chief, and for obvious reasons the two best warriors in the tribe are not possibilities--Arthur for the sibling reason and the second strongest warrior....well we'll find out about that next episode. There also are other reasons why she's drawn to him...but that has to wait for much later in the series.

Eroge content:
rodacSep 27, 2014 11:19 PM
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jan 17, 2016 5:41 PM

Feb 2013
The opening sort of ruined the big surprise about the demon king... oh well. Amusing episode and still kept the pace.
Apr 3, 2016 6:03 PM

Oct 2012
Hmm, as expected, Arthur is still Arthur and Riannon is still Riannon, both are overly naive in their actions exactly as they were in the game and it doesn't look good.

Arthur will probably be one of the most annoying characters in this series while Riannon gets the stamp of "overly attached" girl pretty soon. Guess the serious tone will vanish in no time and then jokes and comedy strikes with full blow.

At least Empire part was good I guess. Next two episodes probably introduces other new characters.

Too bad they don't use great game music so far, it made half the atmosphere for me.
Sep 25, 2017 6:57 PM
Sep 2015
Wait, this makes no sense. Why did the Gael clan rise up against the Empire? They should've asked for a reward for killing the priest who himself betrayed the Empire! And kept quiet about the "Demon Lord"'s revival. Then no war needed.
Jan 28, 2019 12:38 PM

Oct 2013
... well, I enjoyed this, but this was a dramatic shift in tone versus the first episode. The first episode had me feeling this was going to be a dark Celtic fantasy epic, but now everything seems suddenly slapstick.

I enjoyed this, but... it's strange.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jan 28, 2019 2:14 PM
Oct 2015
Zadion said:
... well, I enjoyed this, but this was a dramatic shift in tone versus the first episode. The first episode had me feeling this was going to be a dark Celtic fantasy epic, but now everything seems suddenly slapstick.

Most of the Leaf/Aquaplus works are like this. The Utawarerumono series, for example, is a an asian themed fantasy war epic with lots of SoL moments and (IMO) heavy handed, sometimes absurd, comedy. It tends to work out way better in game format I find.

As for this, it's more of an anime-fied Late-Antiquity fantasy with an Welsh/celtic/Arthurian themed setting. Tone wise, it shifts from fairly dark and serious to light SoL comedy all throughout the series.

Jan 29, 2019 12:54 AM

Oct 2013
LeanMeanMachine said:
Zadion said:

Most of the Leaf/Aquaplus works are like this. The Utawarerumono series, for example, is a an asian themed fantasy war epic with lots of SoL moments and (IMO) heavy handed, sometimes absurd, comedy. It tends to work out way better in game format I find.

As for this, it's more of an anime-fied Late-Antiquity fantasy with an Welsh/celtic/Arthurian themed setting. Tone wise, it shifts from fairly dark and serious to light SoL comedy all throughout the series.

I'm not familiar with the works in any way besides name and passing awareness of the video games. I've heard lots of praise for Utawarerumono and have it in the distance of my radar.

I think I'll still like this. I don't necessarily have a problem with this shift in tone (and definitely don't mind some SoL), but it did throw me off, lol.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jul 14, 2019 2:47 AM

Sep 2012
kalinime said:
Wait, this makes no sense. Why did the Gael clan rise up against the Empire? They should've asked for a reward for killing the priest who himself betrayed the Empire! And kept quiet about the "Demon Lord"'s revival. Then no war needed.

and they are suppose to know that empire knows of hes betrayal and that empire would believe them if they say he betrayed them

also some emperors care only about 1thing u raise ur sword against them and ur enemy, some emperors are like this

Sugram22May 6, 2021 11:27 AM
Jun 30, 2021 9:03 AM
Sep 2019
Looks interesting for a over ten year old anime

Watching
Sep 7, 2021 2:52 PM

Mar 2018
This is only the second episode and I'm already tired of Riannon.
Mar 2, 9:13 AM
Dec 2013
Welcome to my dropped list, Tears to Tiara!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tears to Tiara Episode 25 Discussion

daniking79 - Sep 21, 2009

31 by yveltalkyogre »»
May 7, 2023 1:02 PM

Poll: » Tears to Tiara Episode 5 Discussion

MrTerrorist - May 3, 2009

41 by yveltalkyogre »»
May 7, 2023 11:06 AM

Poll: » Tears to Tiara Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Evilincarnate - Sep 27, 2009

67 by Inexplicable »»
Sep 25, 2022 12:37 PM

Poll: » Tears to Tiara Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MrTerrorist - Jul 14, 2009

55 by Sugram22 »»
May 7, 2021 6:02 AM

Poll: » Tears to Tiara Episode 14 Discussion

lovelylemonade - Jul 5, 2009

28 by BiggKab »»
Dec 18, 2020 4:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.