Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Baccano! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 27, 2007 2:06 PM

Aug 2007
gothicpsyche said:

I'm thinking of rewatching the series again, I'll probably get more from the storyline. Was it ever shown what happened to Dallas Genoard after his 'perpetual drowning'? Was he ever retrieved from the Hudson River? ^^

Yes it does. I forget what episode though, I have to rewatch it
Nov 28, 2007 7:39 AM

Jul 2007
I just finished the series watching them all in quick succession. It was awesome and so weird at the same time because just yesterday everyone had gotten off the train and being reunited and here they were doing it again yet the scene had so much more meaning this time. I really felt like I'd been tagging along for a non-stop wild journey with these people but the trip was finally coming to an end and it was time to go home. That was the feeling I got from this ending.

Chane X Claire was awesome though I should've seen it coming after seeing Claire talking about getting married with the Gandor brothers after getting off the train a few episodes earlier. Isaac and Miria is still my favorite couple though.

MajorAddiction said:
gothicpsyche said:

I'm thinking of rewatching the series again, I'll probably get more from the storyline. Was it ever shown what happened to Dallas Genoard after his 'perpetual drowning'? Was he ever retrieved from the Hudson River? ^^

Yes it does. I forget what episode though, I have to rewatch it

I seem to remember the first scene Eve was introduced she was standing on a dock while some sort of salvage operation was going on in the river so I guess retrieval was enroute.
Nov 30, 2007 12:52 PM

May 2007
This show is epic.
Dec 1, 2007 9:23 AM

Jul 2007
what was that? Did I hear someone say timeline??

Source

Sam is my sweet peach
Dec 1, 2007 3:36 PM

Oct 2007
That's awesome, thanks for linking that.
Dec 2, 2007 8:56 AM

Mar 2007
That was so awesome.
This anime is so great that it makes me wanna get outside and shout "Sugooooooooooooooooooooooooooi"

Looking forward to the OVAs. Maybe we'll find out what happened to Ladd.
Dec 2, 2007 2:40 PM

Jun 2007
RoadLord said:
That was so awesome.
This anime is so great that it makes me wanna get outside and shout "Sugooooooooooooooooooooooooooi"

Looking forward to the OVAs. Maybe we'll find out what happened to Ladd.

Dec 4, 2007 6:49 PM

Jul 2007
at last, it ended, there are many unexpected plots there, you can't guess what's going to happen next, it's too fast and noise~ Baccano! i'm going to rewatch it to connect the bits and pieces that i've left out..
and finally the question, the last man standing?..Rail Tracer..tabun:)
Dec 16, 2007 3:53 AM

Oct 2006
I started watching this because many claimed it was underrated...and wow, it really was good. Even though the timeline was really confusing, I could still manage to keep up a bit, and then everything came into pieces near the end.....so it was really one hell of a ride.
All the characters are great too, I found it unfair to the Rail Tracer not being credited in the OP though, they could have included him after his identity was revealed XD
Dec 16, 2007 3:59 AM

Feb 2007
Randomly reading thread again. Which one of you gave the last ep 3/5? Hmph. xD

ZJun said:
I found it unfair to the Rail Tracer not being credited in the OP though, they could have included him after his identity was revealed XD

Well, you do see him with the bottle of wine, just before Lua's and Ladd's name pop up.
Dec 17, 2007 5:01 AM

Oct 2006
Yes but what I meant was that they should have included his name... although having 3 names does complicate it a bit...anyway i'm just nitpicking, the series is still awesome anyway
Dec 20, 2007 1:50 AM

Oct 2007
Just finished it, and wow! The writing here is amazing: they're able to switch from story to story and go back and forth in time, yet it still makes sense. On top of that, to have so many interesting characters and to keep that kind of pacing up throughout the entire series...wow. I'm still reeling from that ride. My first 10 for a series. :)
Jan 8, 2008 3:17 PM

Aug 2007
Great show, I finally watched the last episode (Been holding it off forever since the download link was dead the first few times I tried, and I didn't feel like roaming all over the internet to see it.). I will definitely have to rewatch it as many others to put the pieces together better, but when I watched the last episode it felt like alot of pieces just fell into place. Can't believe I put off the last episode so long, I'd forgotten how good it was.
9/10, I loved it!

Thanks De-Jay for my claim picture : ).
Jan 12, 2008 3:28 PM

Jan 2008
Amazing amazing series, I want more! Baccano has shot up to #1 in my Best Anime I Watched In 2008 list (ok, so its still January, anyway). It managed to keep substance while overflowing with style. The erratic narrative wasnt just a gimmick but had great setups and payoffs. Definitely a keeper (cant wait for a boxset), and an instant classic.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Jan 13, 2008 8:00 AM

Oct 2007
I have a question
If Dallas cemented at the bottom of hudson river then who the one blackmailing the Rurotia(I forgot the family name :p) family?
Jan 13, 2008 9:15 AM

Jun 2007
It was a lie to manipulate his subordinate.

Feb 11, 2008 3:07 PM

Nov 2007
Epic anime is epic. 10/10 and favorited. Now on to the novels!
Feb 11, 2008 3:33 PM

Jan 2008
kasumisama said:
10/10 and favorited.

And that's from someone who has completed 375 anime. Say's alot about Baccano!

I'm finding myself more and more interested in novels that inspire anime adaptations. I'm loving the Full Metal Panic anime right now and am pondering hunting down the novels, if they're even translated in English yet. Baccano will obviously be a must-read too...
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Mar 18, 2008 3:28 PM

Nov 2007
That episode was friggin epic,and so was the rest of the show!
I think I just found the first show that deserves an absolute 10!
Mar 18, 2008 4:27 PM

Jan 2008
after watching this episode the only right thing to do is to start rewatching ^^ This anime is so amazing, outsanding, eerie and marvellous... Ending is also great :D I'm curious how Vino&Chane will do :)
Mar 21, 2008 1:31 AM

Feb 2008
I can't believe how good the last episode was, and by good I do mean "happy"! Haha, but it didn't feel overdone or cliche.

Very impressive anime. Though only real character that confused me was Rail Tracer, or whomever he was ... he was just a bit confusing to put the pieces together with and whatnot. Anyone care to elaborate possibly?

Excellent series though. As someone recently said in a topic I made about spin-off idea's, I think something with Isaac and Miria would be epic! Haha.
Apr 24, 2008 2:28 PM

Oct 2007
WOW WOW WOW! WHERE'S SECOND SEASON? xD I WANT IT NOW!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 8, 2008 1:18 PM

Mar 2008
to be honest I think the show would have been a lot better if it was a movie instead since it didnt feel very show like to me with all that info it had floating around in different times and different locations. I guess the ending makes me raise my rating from 7 to 8

I laughed so hard in the end with Issac and Miria xD
May 18, 2008 4:22 AM

Feb 2008
I went through this show in a rush. I really liked the animation, characters and music. However due to some aspects of the story (needlessly gory) and the way it was told (overcomplication by different timelines) it "only" gets 8/10.

Issac and Miria ftw!! ^^
May 20, 2008 6:40 PM

Oct 2007
Wow. this series was so good. There were a lot of things i felt were not explained enough, but with the type of ending they gave it it really makes it easy to make a second season.

I really loved how the whole mafia had become immortal, and they didn't start to "eat" eachother. It was just like the demon and huey's conversation in the 1700 scene.

Issac and Miria were hysterical at the end, and I thought Firo was so cute with ennis! Czes being reunited with Maiza was so cute as well. A really happy ending, but I love how they sort of hint at a second season, especially with Maiza's blonde friend's line at the end.

Wish they had done better with the characters, It was really hard trying to keep up with them. But I will probably rewatch this... I actually feel like rewatching it NOW. It's that good.

10/10.
May 31, 2008 5:11 PM
May 2008
Normally series that are this short but good leave me wanting more b/c the ending was unsatisfactory (cliffhanger endings to a series..why?). This is definitely one of the best endings to a series I have ever seen and is going to be the second anime that I continue the series through reading. Really hope they make a second season of this.
Jun 6, 2008 10:35 PM

Apr 2008
FTGT said:
I went through this show in a rush. I really liked the animation, characters and music. However due to some aspects of the story (needlessly gory) and the way it was told (overcomplication by different timelines) it "only" gets 8/10.

Issac and Miria ftw!! ^^

I felt the gore added to the realism. I mean, people are getting shot in the face and torn apart here...

It also created a lovely contrast between the absurd levity of Isaac and Miria dancing about in such a dark and bloody Mafia underworld.
Jun 13, 2008 4:13 PM

May 2008
this anime left me thinking "WOW"
seriously an unexpectedly great anime with a great story and genius way of telling it.
this anime had some of the most interesting character i have seen in a while.
Miria and Isaac = most entertaining couple the anime world has to offer
Jun 15, 2008 2:11 AM

Aug 2007
great anime with a good satisfying ending. it was really refresing to watch an anime with so much originality and so many outrageous personalities. loved every bit of it.
Jul 4, 2008 12:59 AM

Dec 2007
Wow, Bacanno! was really good. It was a very unique anime with puzzle-like storytelling. The cast of characters were great even with so many. When I reached around the halfway point of the anime, I already decided it's a must to rewatch it later on. xD

I just wish it could of been a little longer to cover some of the characters more. I heard that this anime had lot of gore before watching, yet it didn't feel that way or hampered down the story. It just flowed really well. Loved the Miria and Isaac duo antics, even till the end. 10/10
Sep 15, 2008 10:16 PM

Jun 2007
;.; -loves-
Isaac and miria xD so thats how everyone got the eternal life, I lol'ed hard :3
so very happy for Czes-kun<3
-wants second season- want to see more of all the characters :o
going to watch ova tomorrow~
Sep 22, 2008 6:26 AM
Jul 2008
Amazing show wish there will be a 2nd season
Sep 27, 2008 5:45 PM

Jun 2008
That was such a good ending! I didn't think they'd be able to pull that off... but they did it! YAY! ^__^

I gave the Anime an 8... which is pretty good. o_O
It had liek a little bit of everything.... comedy, romance, psycho brutal murder. (My fav was the last one. =D)

I lieked it! ><
Must watch the OVA soon. *__*

Sig WILL change soon~
Nov 28, 2008 6:52 AM
Oct 2008
That was the best ep. Jacuzzi show as he can live without crying. I think Firo and Ennis will be good couple. :P They are so sweet. But favourite character from baccano are Issac and Miria. xD
Dec 26, 2008 7:34 AM

Nov 2008
Great ending. Isaac and Miria of course the best, i love how they acted in 2001 ;).
Poor Czesław. Yee.. But somethimes this "jumping" through time was making me a bit confused...
Jan 3, 2009 2:57 PM

Mar 2008
Trie said:
wow a great ending for such a great series <3
I'm happy they were able to wrap up the series with the last episode so nicely
Anyways this was definitely a masterpiece series imo, and I would love to see a second season^^,

I agree!!! they wrapped it up in an amazing style, such a great end to a brilliant series.
defo rewatching it one day
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 4, 2009 3:38 PM

Dec 2007
great show!!
loved all the stories and how they all connect. it was a little hard to keep up with all the times and names but it was all worth it!! ^^

i have to watch the OVA now...
Jan 21, 2009 11:29 PM

Jun 2008
Plate said:
I felt the gore added to the realism. I mean, people are getting shot in the face and torn apart here...

It also created a lovely contrast between the absurd levity of Isaac and Miria dancing about in such a dark and bloody Mafia underworld.

The gore, while entertaining, was quite overdone, and quite silly in some points.

And the general mood of the series, beyond the initial horror of Rail Tracer/Fear of the Unknown is in fact quite light. It's just a whole load of black humor.
Peace through Superior Firepower!

formosan said:
Are you using some kind of advanced logic I don't know about? Have you decided to assign new meanings to English words? Are you just intentionally burning a straw man and knowing full well that you're changing the subject and misrepresenting a claim?
Jan 24, 2009 3:21 AM

Jul 2008
A great ending for a very good anime. It was nice and bloody and interesting the whole way through. It was quite confusing at times, but always enjoyable. Now I have to go watch the ova. 8/10.
Feb 12, 2009 7:53 AM

May 2008
no idea what happened to Russo well i don really care what happens to him lol

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Feb 12, 2009 9:08 AM
Aug 2007
Siing said:
And lol at Miria and Issac once again, i'll miss them ^^.

edit: my fav scene in the end was still an Issac Miria scene

Yeah the whole cast of characters were all pretty awesome, even for some in a sick and twisted way. Miria and Issac do though act as the glue, and definitely the humor :) Long live immaturity I guess.
Mar 20, 2009 9:11 AM
May 2008
Amazing show... amazing ending!!! Never thought I would enjoy this series as much as I did, especially during the first episode (it seemed a bit slow). I'm so glad I ended up sticking with this show... Issac and Miria FTW!!!
Dead Account
Please Delete
Mar 28, 2009 4:46 PM

Jun 2008
Too perfect.
Mar 28, 2009 4:48 PM

Jan 2009
3 words.

FUCKING AMAZING ANIME.
I'd like tossing your salad.-"Yuru"/MMMKD
DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM MOTHERFUCKER?-SophieWophie<3
Mar 29, 2009 3:30 PM

Sep 2007
I couldn't stop watching this amazing series!
Watched it over 2 days.
Apr 18, 2009 11:38 PM

Dec 2008
I had definitely underestimated the anime at first glance. It became so attractive to me that I ended up watching all 13 episodes in one day. o.o

It was interesting how the different subplots intertwined with one another so nicely throughout the entire season. The show answered all of my questions and thus I was satisfied with it. The anime is more than just a silly commotion but rather noise that wasn't noise at all. Instead, it flowed nicely like music. =D
~ SilentMuse, At Your Service. ~
Apr 28, 2009 9:30 AM

Feb 2008
Watched it in just 2 days. And I still feel confused like:

1. Where's the demon and Elmer, right now?
2. What's Elmer's when he was drowning?
3. When did the scene (where Isaac's ear was cut and regenerates [ep1]) took place?
4. Where are the others aboard the ship in 17s?

and btw, who was that the one Maiza was talking to in the end?!

Anyways, a 10/10 for me. Truly a masterpiece, from animation, to the writing, and to the story/plot and characters!!!
May 4, 2009 7:10 PM
Jul 2018
Man, this anime's crazy! lol at Isaac and Miria... they finally came to realize after like 70 years xD 9/10
removed-userMay 4, 2009 7:13 PM
May 22, 2009 10:50 AM

Apr 2008
Isaac said:
I have a feeling that we haven't aged at all!

LOL it only took you 70 years!!!
& Vino!! you lover boy!!!! you're awesome!!
"Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. And some will lose more than the tips off their fingers, I promise you. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that"
Jul 10, 2009 5:49 AM
Jan 2009
The Best Anime Ever!!!!!!!!!

I can't put in words how much I loved this anime. And the ending was perfect in every single meaning of the word.

It's amazing how they managed to blend every single genre there is, while making it work like a swiss clock.

I don't know if it was Isaac's and Miria's masterstroke, Ladd's crazines, Czeslaw's troubled mind, Vino's wrecked sense of righteousness, or simply the way the plot developed, which made this anime perfect.

10/10 without second thoughts
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Should i watch?

Koalapanda1018 - Apr 11

4 by LoveYourEyes »»
Apr 12, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Baccano! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

BadSeafood - Nov 17, 2007

144 by Karva1 »»
Apr 4, 4:02 PM

Poll: » Baccano! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

BadSeafood - Oct 30, 2007

130 by Karva1 »»
Apr 4, 3:38 PM

Poll: » Baccano! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

cyruz - Oct 21, 2007

143 by llamav »»
Mar 18, 5:10 PM

Poll: » Baccano! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

accela - Oct 8, 2007

181 by llamav »»
Mar 18, 12:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.