MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Higashi no Eden Episode 1 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Higashi no Eden »» Higashi no Eden Episode 1 Discussion

Pages (19) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Higashi no Eden Episode 1 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

374 70.04%
4 out of 5: Liked it

126 23.60%
3 out of 5: It was OK

30 5.62%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

1 0.19%
1 out of 5: Hated it

3 0.56%
Voters: 534

04-10-09, 10:38 AM

aero said:
Oh shi-, love every fucking aspect of this show. The (peculiar) story, animation, OP, ED, character design, character personalities, VAs, everything.

Just amazing!

04-10-09, 10:58 AM

For the entire episode I was saying "WTF!?" and "Why!?~"...but with awkward chuckles throughout that were funny, yet extremely strange and weird at the same time aside from your normal typical comedy anime. I can't tell if it's good or if it's going to suck hard later on, but the OP and ED really blew me away with amazing graphic design and animation. Reminds me of when they first released The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi, and a big question mark was above my head the entire time for the first episode, so I'm going to stick with it a bit longer to see if it picks up.

04-10-09, 10:59 AM

I Liked it! gonna be keeping an eye on this anime.

04-10-09, 11:09 AM

Kayro said:
Probably the best starting episode out of all the Spring Season shows. Simply loved it! And I can't wait for more ^_^

You took the words right out of my mouth ^^ loved it!

04-10-09, 11:13 AM

Miina_Miyafuji said:
aero said:
Oh shi-, love every fucking aspect of this show. The (peculiar) story, animation, OP, ED, character design, character personalities, VAs, everything.

Just amazing!

Best Show this season by far.

04-10-09, 11:37 AM

I've watched a couple of the first episodes for some spring animes, and I gotta say that (besides fma of course), this episode blew me away. I knew this was going to be something special just from the trailer~

The animation is pure eye candy, love the opening, love the ending, love the humour...the characters...everything was really awesome! There is no doubt in my mind that I will continue to watch this series (for other series on the other hand >_>...)

I was also impressed with the english! They actually got fluent speakers to do the va-ing :D

Now I have to figure out what subbing group is going to follow this anime. To anyone related to gg, is there any way fror you guys to continue this? I've had enough of downloading crummy subs only to find that out after I wasted my bandwidth :P

04-10-09, 11:47 AM

Great episode. I died when they whited out his weiner everytime he was naked . lol. The scene where the female cop told him to show his Johnny....and he pulled down his pants...I died laughing. lol. This is probably one of the best first episode I watched for this season. ^^

04-10-09, 11:50 AM

Without a doubt, I'd say that this is the best anime this season

robbydesu said:
I've watched a couple of the first episodes for some spring animes, and I gotta say that (besides fma of course), this episode blew me away. I knew this was going to be something special just from the trailer~

The animation is pure eye candy, love the opening, love the ending, love the humour...the characters...everything was really awesome! There is no doubt in my mind that I will continue to watch this series (for other series on the other hand >_>...)

I was also impressed with the english! They actually got fluent speakers to do the va-ing :D

Now I have to figure out what subbing group is going to follow this anime. To anyone related to gg, is there any way fror you guys to continue this? I've had enough of downloading crummy subs only to find that out after I wasted my bandwidth :P

That's because they used real Americans to voice the Americans in the anime:
Modified by Hanaji, 04-10-09, 11:55 AM

04-10-09, 11:56 AM

Least amount of engrish I have ever seen in an anime.

A very good start. Let's see if it can keep up with the pace.

04-10-09, 12:05 PM

Cillu said:

lol werd up.

Such an interesting anime, its definitely gonna be pretty good

04-10-09, 12:16 PM
Forum Moderator
first episode was funny, but I'm not really hooked yet. It's Bourne Identity meets Honey & Clover.... interesting character interaction, but almost none of it made sense. This may be awesome, but I'll wait and see.

Kayro said:
Probably the best starting episode out of all the Spring Season shows. Simply loved it! And I can't wait for more ^_^

Dunno, I thought the first episode of Sengoku Basara was more fun. This was pretty great, though. :)

04-10-09, 12:23 PM

This is one of the only new shows of the season I've been highly anticipating since the trailer, and suffice it to say the first episode did not disappoint. Interesting/likable characters, awesome OP/ED, solid and intriguing plot, wonderful animation, a touch of humor ("I need to see your Johnny" ;D)... All I can hope now is that it continues to trump even the high expectations I already have for it.

Definitely on the list of best animes of the season at this point. I eagerly await the upcoming episodes!

04-10-09, 12:27 PM

I absolutely love the concept, the premise, the characters, the humor, and everything else. I think Higashi no Eden is my favorite for the spring season. The first episode didn't disappoint, and I hope the others are the same.

04-10-09, 12:39 PM

saka said:
first episode was funny, but I'm not really hooked yet. It's Bourne Identity meets Honey & Clover.... interesting character interaction, but almost none of it made sense. This may be awesome, but I'll wait and see.

Kayro said:

Dunno, I thought the first episode of Sengoku Basara was more fun. This was pretty great, though. :)

Wat

Cillu said:

That's because no engrish was used, Heck, Both Akira and Saki address the Americans either in English or in Japanese, Not in Engrish, Also, As I've said, They're using real Americans to voice the Americans in the anime, Apparently, Production I.G. is putting their all in Eden of the East, Heck, If you add Sengoku Basara, All the best anime for today's season belongs to them.
Modified by Hanaji, 04-10-09, 12:45 PM

04-10-09, 12:40 PM

Got to say, really impressed with the first episode.
Abit strange, though really really enjoyed it.
Look forward to the next, I want to watch more nowww ~

04-10-09, 12:42 PM

Thought that it was an awesome episode like the characters and where the plot is going although i dont know what they were talking about in the beginning

04-10-09, 12:49 PM

Absolutely loved it. And the OP & ED are the best this season that I've seen.
Modified by SteveKeys, 04-10-09, 1:10 PM

04-10-09, 12:53 PM

I absolutely love this! Akira's so funny lol Definately watching this! And if the next episodes are as good as this one it's going straight to my fave's ^_^

Btw I saw the releases of both gg and Desire... and got absolutely confused. I can't believe how it's possible for two different translations of the same thing to have nothing in common at some points :/ Hope the next eps will clear up the mess in my head (although I think gg's release is better) *roll*

04-10-09, 12:58 PM

Really good first episode.
And I love the OP.

04-10-09, 1:05 PM

this is awesome cant wait for the second episode, it has comedy, conspiracy and it is made by the director of stand alone complex very promising

Pages (19) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices