Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Apr 11, 2009 2:15 PM

Sep 2008
TwistedRose said:
I'm glad I decided to watch this one. It's funny and interesting, so I will continue to watch it.

^This.
Apr 11, 2009 2:24 PM

Mar 2009
I came across this one while browsing Random Curiosity. I admit, I saw a picture of a naked guy that interested me, so I decided to see what the series was about. So far this series has drawn me in. I found the entire "johnny" scene to be laugh out loud funny and I hope Eden of the East continues to blend humor with seriousness.

On another note, seeing D.C. so well animated brought back memories of my trip there in the summer of '07. I could definitely relate to how different it was to see the White House (from that gate) in person. I'm also surprised there weren't more tourists, when I was there they were everywhere.

Finally, the accents of the native English speaking VAs seemed about right for that area. (I say this as someone who lives in not-so-far-away Philadelphia.)
Apr 11, 2009 3:14 PM

Apr 2007
Karura said:
I guess I'm one of the select few that dislike the OP (song). Animation was bomb though.

fuck Oasis

the animation is why you're supposed to watch the OP

ps:
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 2009 3:20 PM

Mar 2008
Really awesome OP animation. The ED was also very original. It might be the best OP/ED of this season.

The episode was also pretty good. Not really sure what to expect, but it had good animation quality and it was also rather entertaining. In the trailer it looked even more interesting, but I will follow this for sure.
Apr 11, 2009 3:22 PM

Apr 2009
Damn, that was awesome. The ending animation was also great.
Confucius say man who stand on toilet is high on pot.
Apr 11, 2009 3:33 PM

Jul 2008
I didn't have any high expectations from this, i just watched the ep but hey~! Turned out awesome~ I'll keep watching it, it's both funny &interesting. And I adored the OP animation~<3
Apr 11, 2009 3:46 PM

Jul 2008
Smasher said:
Really nice atmosphere in this episode. I for one am really curious as to how this will develop. Saki had quite a few cute moments and that Akira guy is freaking hilarious.

Really loved the OP btw.

WTB NCOP :)
Website http://akariREMOVED.co.cc/sig/sig.php is reporting as Malware.
Apr 11, 2009 5:25 PM

Oct 2008
The usual special agent with amnesia cliche but, overall I actually enjoyed it.

Just a little something I had trouble with;

"You look like the guy in this picture so, I need to see your dick to verify your identity."
WUT!?
Apr 11, 2009 7:52 PM

Sep 2007
This was fantaaaaaastic! Easily my pick for best of the season. They nailed every element of the show. Most impressed by the use of English VA's.. Production I.G.'s really pulling out all the stops, and it shows (probably trying for Western licensing XD). If they put this much effort into the other 10 episodes, this will easily be in the Top 5 of the year.
Apr 11, 2009 9:08 PM

Jun 2008
This is awesome! I can't remember ever watching something with so brilliantly weird.

Also lmfao, I feel very refreshed knowing that they're going back to Japan.

Actually, much as I should applaud them for getting American VA's for appropriate voices, I think it would have been better if there had just been no English at all. It would have felt more natural.
GrmoApr 11, 2009 9:12 PM
Apr 11, 2009 9:11 PM

Jan 2009
NoBadsign said:

"You look like the guy in this picture so, I need to see your dick to verify your identity."
WUT!?

I tought i was the only one that noticed that in the whole tread.

Anyway but i hope this doesn't get too predictable than it already is.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Apr 11, 2009 10:03 PM

Dec 2007
Tamaki-san said:
NoBadsign said:

WUT!?

I tought i was the only one that noticed that in the whole tread.

Anyway but i hope this doesn't get too predictable than it already is.

I was thinking along the same lines. Nothing too original or out of the ordinary yet, but there is definitely potential. Better than most this season.
Apr 11, 2009 10:07 PM

Jul 2008
Wha?!? January 6th is my birthday. Saki, I'll remember that name.

Awesome episode, by the way. Favorite of the season me thinks. Pandora Hearts is shaping up now after the second episode. Fullmetal was pretty fun as well. Lots of good going around this season. Basquash! is another good one. Have yet to check out 07-Ghost. Will watch that next to see how it fares.
Apr 11, 2009 10:24 PM

Dec 2008
NeoBasch said:
Saki means Jan 6th??
Apr 11, 2009 10:41 PM

Feb 2009
I only watched this because I wanted to hear just how good the OP was
which was amazing but I'm glad I continued to watch, really liked the episode
c_redApr 11, 2009 10:44 PM
~May you continue being the Messiah....
Apr 11, 2009 11:05 PM

Dec 2007
I’m very impressive with Higashi no Eden. The first episode has a great start so far, and I am so hooked to watch it until the end. Oh, the plot is very intriguing. Overall, it is so amazing series and I enjoyed it so far.
Apr 11, 2009 11:07 PM

Mar 2009
was anyone else kinda off-put by the English in this episode? I mean, it did actually sound like English (except for the one purposeful Engrish line), but it kinda sounded script read.
On the plus side, I liked the op and its actual English and not Bleach op style Engrish of horror *shudder*
Apr 11, 2009 11:25 PM

Nov 2007
That was fantastic, I never even gave this a second look before the season started, so I'm even more floored as I had no expectations at all going in. Even with a few things here and there that didn't make sense that was still easily the best first episode I've seen in a while. If they maange to keep up this could be spectacular.
Apr 11, 2009 11:29 PM

Dec 2007
classicalzawa said:
was anyone else kinda off-put by the English in this episode? I mean, it did actually sound like English (except for the one purposeful Engrish line), but it kinda sounded script read.

Yeah I noticed that also, it didn't sound natural at all, it sounded very scripted.
Apr 12, 2009 12:26 AM

Jan 2009
I loved the entire episode! I wish it wasn't only 11 episodes but the next 10 weeks should be great.

I also loved the ending's video with the paper destruction of Tokyo.

Production IG= WIN
Apr 12, 2009 12:45 AM

Jan 2009
WOAH! Lunar made subs of this. They really good with Macross Frontier. I go check their subs and in 720p.
Apr 12, 2009 12:53 AM

Sep 2008
Yeah this anime started the cliche way,but I really enjoyed it.If they don't do something terribly wrong this could be one of the best anime of the season.
Apr 12, 2009 2:00 AM

Sep 2008
haha awsome this anime started greatly great op/ great ed/ great english/great story
i think im going to like this
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Apr 12, 2009 2:08 AM
Feb 2008
Interesting for the first episode ,I never thought I would watch this before (to tell the truth I didn't like the graphic when I first saw this) but this seems to have an interesting plot and anyway no matter how bad it would be I can endure 11 episodes

anyway nice start I'm glad that I watched this ^^
Apr 12, 2009 2:09 AM
Sep 2008
I'm really intrigued by this. Maybe it's just because I'm a huge fan of the Bourne series, but there's just something about it that feels fresh and awesome. Also, OP and ED are both awesome. I like Oasis, so hearing them perform the opening was surprising and cool.
Apr 12, 2009 2:12 AM
Jul 2018
gonna post again just to proclaim that this show is amazing
Apr 12, 2009 3:16 AM
Mar 2008
After cringing because of the character art (I hate H&C with passion) I decided to watch it, and it's pretty good. The least impressing part was Saki being so naïve, but I'm intruiged enough to keep watching it. Can't see why everyone seems to think this is the best series of the season though.
Apr 12, 2009 9:05 AM
Oct 2008
I thought it was great. Loved the characters and the designs. The OP and ED were both awesome and I like that they hired English speakers for the English parts
Signature
Apr 12, 2009 11:22 AM

Feb 2008
Awesome anime. Opening by Oasis is nice.
Hooray for real english enstead of the standart engrish crap. :/
Apr 12, 2009 11:59 AM

Aug 2008
I am extremely stunned on the first episode. I can see that I'm going to like the story and the characters. You can say that I'm impressed and I really like the character designs since I'm a fan of Honey and Clover.

This might be one of the best shows aired this April.

Apr 12, 2009 12:14 PM

Jul 2007
Anybody closer to DC want to confirm the airport is Dulles International? I've only been to BWI, but based on pics of Dulles, it looks more like Dulles than BWI. :<

ilu Mathes. thanks for awesome Beato sig. <3
ilu mah_marina. thanks for awesome Beato icon. <3
Apr 12, 2009 12:33 PM

Feb 2009
wow at the op. the first episode was solid. im not too used to the character design but im going to get used to it. the story looks like its going to be one of the best this season
Apr 12, 2009 12:43 PM

Apr 2007
atlantiza said:
Anybody closer to DC want to confirm the airport is Dulles International? I've only been to BWI, but based on pics of Dulles, it looks more like Dulles than BWI. :<

That's definitely Dulles -- the terminal gives it away instantly (as does the passport scanner he uses.) By the end of the episode, they're in Concourse B, which is where All Nippon Airways loads its nonstop flight. BWI doesn't have any direct flights to Japan like Dulles does, although his flight info lists Haneda as the destination rather than Narita, which isn't possible now. But this is in the future, so maybe they have a route opening soon.

I have to give it to the producers for coming to DC and doing the ground research work beforehand. It is very detailed and impressive. I'm guessing there were over 9000 digital pictures taken.
Apr 12, 2009 1:03 PM

Mar 2009
I was also shocked at the complete lack of traffic and crowds in DC, which is known for having horrible traffic all around I-495 and the weird layout of the city doesn't help traffic either. The one time I went to DC, I took the metro into there. And it was pretty crowded there.

Setting aside, story and characters look awesome.
Apr 12, 2009 1:04 PM

Nov 2006
Blitzaga said:
AngelRayne said:
The OP was nice but sometimes I was wondering how the yanks understand japanese?

seconded. guess the male/female lead vc couldn't speak english so well, it would botch the awesome english the others spoke.
what really got me was how saki knew "what's his room number?" in english, but said "thanks" in japanese. <_>

enjoyed it anyway.

robbydesu said:
NeoBasch said:
Saki means Jan 6th??
it doesn't
Apr 12, 2009 1:12 PM

Mar 2008
And t
windy said:
Blitzaga said:
AngelRayne said:
The OP was nice but sometimes I was wondering how the yanks understand japanese?

seconded. guess the male/female lead vc couldn't speak english so well, it would botch the awesome english the others spoke.
what really got me was how saki knew "what's his room number?" in english, but said "thanks" in japanese. <_>

And the fact that not once did anyone say "Do you speak English?"
My Channel Anime Reviews, Unboxings and More
Drak Shadow For LetsPlays and Movie Vlogs
Apr 12, 2009 1:38 PM
Sep 2007
First, this show rocks. Moar Nao.

Regarding the thing with the pants, i thought he seemed to jump with joy after he gave his pants away, and put that in conjecture with the short synopsis that is on anidb (other places as well i guess) reading that he only has a gun, and a phone loaded with over 9000 bucks ? maybe he just bought the pants for a ridiculous price or something?

also, my 2 cents to the english debate, i think it could be either
1) they reacted as someone said, on body language, which wouldn't have been a problem i guess.
2) its the good old "let the main characters speak our watchers native language so that they at least have a clue whats going on, even if they really used another language". or something.
Apr 12, 2009 2:40 PM
Oct 2008
This series is really incredibly intriguing and compared to the rest of the anime this season it's really something fresh and different. I'm glad that they actually got English VAs for the english speaking parts instead of making us listen to awful engrish :<

I also enjoyed the Bourne series reference, something I probably wouldn't have awhile ago if my parents weren't huge fans of the series and persuaded me actually sit down and watch it.
Apr 12, 2009 3:45 PM

Oct 2007
This had an epic start and if they keep this up then my god. Awesome references not to mention it feels like a Bourne anime. He knew exactly what to do even without his memories. The businessman just made me think of a politician(you know the ones I'm thinking about). As for the "Johnny" thing, I thought that could also mean gun too and he just misunderstood that. The policewoman got emberassed and let him go.(would like director or someone else from the staff explain this later though). Everything else was top notch. I applaud the use of real Americans. ED is very good.

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Apr 12, 2009 6:18 PM

Feb 2009
O_O <----- Me after watching this

As expected, this first episode was very very impressive. I'm trying to find something I didn't like about it, but I just can't come up with anything. And wow, not every being in the whole wide universe and beyond speaks Japanese in this! And they even speak English, not some crap engrish by random voice actors they found on the streets of Tokyo! :-O Now that's something you don't see every day in anime.

It's probably too early to say this, but I'm sure this is gonna be spring 2009's best show. (FMA2 having probably 50 episodes is not really a spring show)

Btw :

Apr 12, 2009 7:41 PM

Jul 2008
i. Too little traffic, lawl. But accurate squirrel. Seriously, there are a lot of squirrels in DC.
ii. English doesn't make cringe. Must stop watching Chrome Shelled Regios.
iii. I spot a CVS!
iv. You know what, you probably could get someone to give you their pants in this country.
v. That silly spy museum. I've always wanted to go in there because I'm a loser like that. (Does that mean the "cafe" was Hard Rock Cafe?)
vi. Jason Bourne reference, woot!
vii. Does he not know what a toaster does?
viii. I need to see your Johnny!?!?! Wtf!??!?!
ix. He does know what a toaster does.
x. Unexpected deep ending.

So I think I found the show I'll be following for sure this season. <3

BEGINNER
Apr 12, 2009 7:54 PM

Jan 2008
Interesting. Morita senpai! LOL. H&C character design. The personalities kinda similar also.
Apr 12, 2009 8:02 PM

Jul 2007
Alexstratz said:

Que? They walked a little bit, but they were mostly standing on the... sideways escalator thing. What are those called? Anyway, they were standing and it was moving.

oh, these little earthquakes
Apr 12, 2009 10:09 PM

Jul 2007
I was really looking forward to this series and first episode did not disappoint.
I like the H & C vibes and character design, Akira looks like he could be Morita's younger brother lol
And I was surprised by how they actually had people speaking english so well, I was expecting engrish lol

OP theme is very nice

but srsly what is up with Akira's penis, he can get anything by just flashing, its like the passport to easy town lol
Apr 12, 2009 10:16 PM

Aug 2008
So just watched gg's "apparent-1-time-only" release of this anime, and wow.
This is as weird as it is interesting.
As I haven't read whatever this was adapted from, I'm gonna guess it has to do with conspiracy and that kind of stuff. Safe bet seeing it takes place in the immediate future and missiles are raining on Japan (I'm guessing that that missile at the end was no test gone wrong by NK).

So I take it that throwing a gun and coins in the lawn and at the fountain of the WH is illegal, right? :S
Apr 12, 2009 10:23 PM

Feb 2008
Awesome first episode. :D OP & ED is pretty nice too. And thank god for using people who can speak real English, and not "engrish", lol.
Apr 12, 2009 10:35 PM

Feb 2008
great animations, and very interesting story so far
Apr 12, 2009 11:41 PM

Mar 2009
OP seriously pwned the other ops this season. Maybe because the song was from Oasis. For once the op ain't in engrish or moonspeak.

I find it strange that it's only 11 episodes and a theatrical release afterwards.
Apr 13, 2009 3:28 AM

Jul 2007
Not sure about this series. There's loads of things that are good about it but about half way through I found it kinda of boring and had to really focus to keep watching it. I don't know it just seem to lack something. Maybe this one just ain't for me, though I'll probably give it another few episodes to see.
Apr 13, 2009 3:56 AM

Feb 2008
Deadpool135 said:
classicalzawa said:

Yeah I noticed that also, it didn't sound natural at all, it sounded very scripted.

Yeah, but could you imagine what the Japanese audience thought of it. They were probably more impressed than anyone here. <_<

I think it's obvious that when that cop said "Johnny" that she meant his penis, cuz she took a second to actually compare it with the photo she had. XD

The real problem is that a cop can't just make you drop your pants just because they asked, though I guess that's not a problem for exhibitionist-Akira. XD

I think it's funny the way he just takes things. He realizes that he's standing in front of the White House naked, and holding a gun, but doesn't make a big deal out of it. The only thing I can say about that curiously generous business man is that he must have really liked Akira's penis. XD

Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» WHAT THE HELL WAS IN THE TRUCKS?!

Sagepool - Feb 24

7 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Feb 25, 1:19 PM

Poll: » Higashi no Eden Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

grapeofdeath - Jun 18, 2009

432 by OneMoreFinal »»
Oct 21, 2023 4:06 PM

» IS THERE ANY "HARD" EDEN OF THE EAST FANS

hitsugaya111 - Mar 22, 2018

7 by rent-free »»
Jun 16, 2023 9:43 PM

Poll: » Higashi no Eden Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

removed-user - Apr 16, 2009

245 by Euroqean »»
Mar 29, 2023 6:51 PM

Poll: » Higashi no Eden Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Bakayaro - Apr 23, 2009

201 by Skorobagatio »»
Oct 6, 2022 12:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.