Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 3, 2014 7:48 AM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So Shun really is Hades? WTF? BTw Seiya is such an asshole. Poor Orpheus trusted him with his back and he just doze off letting Rhadamanthys hit him from the back.
May 31, 2014 4:51 PM

Jun 2012
No way shun cant be hades. I'm banking on them being twin brothers of the family that serves hades, like julian was to poseidon. And hades just switched places with shun. Oh wait a minute. If hades is in hell why would he need a human body like poseidon and athena? hmmm...
Oct 7, 2015 5:40 PM

Dec 2012
Kanon is a badass.
Jan 17, 2019 5:14 AM

Jun 2016
This was a tense episode throughout... Wow! Pandora's role in this is interesting. Without Hades being around before it seems that Pandora truly was calling all the shots. It shows why Rhadamanthys wasn't a fan of her. Yet she was seemingly tricked by Orphee so I take it she actually wanted to play for Hades. This makes me think she didn't set up the fake Hades but thought it was the real one? That said, it would make sense for her to make an illusion as she would know what her brother looked like. This scene has a lot of questions that it brings up. If she was expecting Hades to come I don't think she would have purely thought that Shun happened to look like him and risk stabbing in the flowers. So, I take it she too believed Hades was there but I also don't see how that's possible. I don't think we're supposed to know what's going on yet so nobody answer for me please!

I really loved how tense that scene was. Orphee being forced to commence his plan with a mangled Shun and Seiya and the three judges by his side. He went in knowing full well he was risking his life. Rhadamanthys being the smart guy he is refused to listen as he'd always been suspicious of the saints, he was the one who refused to believe Saga and them changed sides too! So he was ready, but Seiya jumped out strong because Shun blocked the spear with his own body! He was able to hold him back as he attacked Hades until Rhadamanthys slipped past and took him hostage to force Orphee to wake the others, but like I said earlier, Orphee was ready to die. The moment he stared into Seiya's eyes and told him "don't let me die in vain" I got chills. What an intense scene. It really felt like it could have gone either way. And poor Seiya, but sadly this isn't anything new to him.

To make that scene even "better" Orphee did die in vain. Hades got his body back and Rhadamanthys disposed of both Seiya and his corpses. It was brutal. It reminded me of the Shiryu vs Argol encounter. The heroes tried their best and left with more downsides than good... Nearly no good actually. I love the use of Hades theme as he started to speak through Shun. It topped off this scene as something really remarkable. It seems to me from what we've heard about Hades and from what we've seen of him that he's really not that different than Shun at all. He has a sense of divinity and authority and confidence Shun doesn't have but he seems to hold the same view on violence. He detests it.

I'm also smelling some inner conflict between the Specters. Rhadamanthys already went against Pandora in many cases and now we had them rightfully suspicious on her actions up until the true Hades returned. >:)

Lastly, I'm glad its Kanon's group's time to shine! Seiya, Shun, and Orphee were very exciting but this episode made me realize Kanon, Shiryu, and Hyoga is one of the coolest trio's we could have. While certainly not on the level of Saga, Shura, and Camus this one is still up there! Now if only Ikki joined them. Kanon showed a lot of intelligence in letting Shiryu and Hyoga fight and using the knowledge from seeing that to take down his foe! I was confused about the specters they took down in a single hit last episode but it seems the scale of strength the specters have is comparable to the saints, some are probably around the level of a silver saint.

P.S. I wonder how Pandora and everyone woke up in the preview, maybe Hades was able to do it. He is a god after all.
Dec 25, 2022 8:00 PM

Apr 2016
That scene with Kanon was so funny and then is Saori just standing there letting the breeze blow her hair.

Pandora calling Hades/Shun her little brother and Ikki got the signal to appear next episode, loved it.
Feb 13, 2023 9:45 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
SO MUCH AMAZING HAS HAPPENED !!!!!!

RIP ORPHEUS

SHUN IS HADES?????? O____O

DAMNNNN PANDORA BEING HOT AGAIN
張大です for 張大勇督察
Oct 24, 2023 1:10 PM

Jan 2019
[...] On a summer night, if you listen closely, you can hear Orphée harp.

Things got very interesting

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter - Inferno Episode 10 Discussion

Sol_Ou - Jun 7, 2014

3 by Sol_Ou »»
Dec 28, 2023 6:21 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter - Inferno Episode 9 Discussion

Monad - Feb 25, 2014

6 by kratos_aurion »»
May 28, 2023 5:04 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter - Inferno Episode 12 Discussion

Sol_Ou - Jun 8, 2014

5 by Safrichh »»
Feb 26, 2023 7:32 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter - Inferno Episode 7 Discussion

Sol_Ou - Jun 3, 2014

5 by iamKetranLang »»
Feb 14, 2023 5:24 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter - Inferno Episode 2 Discussion

shakeyourpup45 - Jul 8, 2013

9 by iamKetranLang »»
Feb 9, 2023 4:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.