Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 7, 2009 9:03 AM
Sep 2008
THIS IS AN MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
cantiusNov 18, 2018 6:42 PM
Jul 30, 2009 8:03 AM

May 2009
What is going ooooooooooooon?! Lol :D
Sep 13, 2010 12:28 AM

Jan 2010
cantius said:
THIS IS AN MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
Alright, to be honest, the story's getting a bit ridiculous and lame for me...
Ugh, I mean, the premise is stupid as hell. Friend's goal is retarded as fuck, his terrorist attacks were based on Kenji's kid book. I mean, seriously, the fuck?

I'm pretty sure that's not the truth, but oh well, I might aswell finish this manga someday.
Naoki Urasawa isn't the kind of author that writes manga that doesn't make sense. I'm sure everything's will be pieced together soon enough. And so far the story is wicked epic.
Sep 13, 2010 10:13 AM

Apr 2009
VitaX.[/quote said:
Naoki Urasawa isn't the kind of author that writes manga that doesn't make sense. I'm sure everything's will be pieced together soon enough. And so far the story is wicked epic.

I agree. Can't wait, so I'm going to read some more chapters :P

Nov 1, 2010 5:59 AM

Jun 2009
cantius said:
Ugh, I mean, the premise is stupid as hell. Friend's goal is retarded as fuck, his terrorist attacks were based on Kenji's kid book. I mean, seriously, the fuck?

I'm pretty sure that's not the truth, but oh well, I might aswell finish this manga someday.

I would have maybe agreed towards the beginning, but since the story jumped to 2014 the writing, characters, and story have been phenomenal.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 20, 2011 3:22 AM

Jun 2008
cantius said:

The fact that all the distractions "friend" does is based on a kids sketch book and fantasies is what actually makes this awesome. If it was based in some stupid ancient prophecy then it would just be another Hollywood like scenario.
Aug 8, 2011 12:55 PM

Jan 2010
This makes me wonder though, what exactly is Friend' s motive for all this crap?
Nov 2, 2011 3:08 PM

Sep 2011
FINALLY, we see friends face, though i got a strong feeling that, thats not actually friend

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 4, 2012 12:00 PM

Mar 2010
First of all Kanna should have never left her alone, and she should have not gotten out of the nurses office..

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Aug 1, 2013 12:16 AM

Nov 2009
Well that is Game Over! Holy crap was that freaky ... although I really didn't think that friend was Sadakiyo, I dunno, just felt that that was a scapegoat to throw them off, I mean wasn't friend the other person that was with him? Hrmmm...
Aug 1, 2013 9:08 PM
Apr 2011
didnt we learn that it definitely wasnt sadakiyo earlier? sadakiyo was the kid who got bullied and that one guy assumed it was him but he was wrong and then he fell to his death. well, i kinda forget already... but that's how it went down, i think.
Aug 1, 2013 9:17 PM

Aug 2010
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
FINALLY, we see friends face, though i got a strong feeling that, thats not actually friend

This
Dec 9, 2013 9:16 AM

Nov 2011
So... if Sadakiyo was the one with that mask on...

...who on earth was the other kid?

Also, the author sure likes to tease/troll about Friend's identity. Can't blame him. Hell, I would do that if I was writing a story with a character like that.
Mar 27, 2014 2:35 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Sadakiyo finally makes his appearance. But I doubt he's "Friend" yo be honest.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 2, 2014 5:12 AM

Jan 2013
Maybe Sadakiyo and Friend are twins?
Lol :P
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Feb 21, 2015 6:49 AM

Dec 2012
That was scary.
Mar 20, 2015 7:12 PM

Jul 2011
cantius said:

And so it becomes about execution more than story. A bunch of people saving the world is ridiculous in itself, and has been done over and over.
But it works in 20th Century Boys. I mean you need to suspend your disbelief and be awed by the plot twists and how Urasawa manages to links everything together.
It keeps you guessing, especially about Friend. I wouldn't be surprised if his motive... was to get a kick out of messing with Kenji and the group. XD
He might have played it by the book (haha) because he wanted a thrill... a challenge in his masterplan.

Honestly if Friend was truly just revealed, I'd be disappointed in the whole series though. That has to be a fake or have some kind of twist. It can't be Sadakiyo.
Plus in what way is that face frightening enough to scare her? He does look malicious, but that would be a horrible reveal and make no sense...
MirorinMar 20, 2015 7:32 PM
Jul 28, 2016 4:18 AM

Mar 2015
lets not forget that what koizumi girl saw was in that virtual reality machine so everything in there could be fabricated
Oct 15, 2017 7:16 PM

Jan 2016
i just binge read 50 chapters and my mind is fuckin fucked! imma keep reading tho cuz this shit is insane
Jan 19, 2018 3:14 AM

Nov 2016
Ok wut ? Highly doubt that it's friend,tho,that reveal was too anticlimatic.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 18, 2018 8:48 AM
Nov 2009
Lucumo said:
He probably has a big and ugly nose.

Looks like I was right.

Ston3_FreeN7 said:
I would have maybe agreed towards the beginning, but since the story jumped to 2014 the writing, characters, and story have been phenomenal.

Are we actually reading the same thing? Ever since the jump, it's become rather bad. The police retard followed by the girl first and foremost, when it comes to characters. Then there are also illogical things and actions left and right, followed by story bits which just convenviently pop up and then are heavily relied upon.
Dec 1, 2019 3:12 PM
May 2019
Was actually scared, but it couldn't be as much as she said
Apr 22, 2020 10:47 PM

Jan 2016
Friend can't be Sadakiyo can he?
Couple of points:
- The dude with the Monkey mask is presumed to be friend.
- The VR stuff is obviously tampered with. In the VR Sadakiyo has an alien mask too.
- Fukubei states as he's dying that the dude with the monkey mask isn't Sadakiyo. The actual Friend appears later on in the monkey mask.
There's some other things I can't recall at the moment. Might edit a little later.

Other than that, the panel with Sadakiyo on Friend's body was a certified 'wtf'. Dude seems a lil too suss waiting for Koizumi after class.

I think the story post timeskip is still pretty engaging overall. It's got some 'shounen'/convenient elements in it that irk me. However, with the exception of some, the progression we've seen for characters like Kanna, Yoshitsune, Kakuta+Otcho has been pretty great.
ParthosticApr 23, 2020 7:08 PM
Apr 15, 2021 2:54 PM
May 2020
"friend" is outta his shell. damn what's gonna happen
Apr 25, 2022 10:15 PM

Apr 2020
what the fuck was that face.

She's dead or either will be completely brainwashed

wasn't sadakiyo not the friend in the backstory back in the tomodachi land? Yoshitsune said it was the other guy. fucking confused
Jun 4, 2022 9:30 PM

Jun 2017
Trequartista said:
Maybe Sadakiyo and Friend are twins?
Lol :P

The most evil twins in history, you could say.
Unrelated but Kanna/Kyoko is much better than shipping her with the failed detective brat. Though I do like that character.
Jun 19, 2022 4:45 AM

May 2022
No wonder, I would have screamed like a bitch if I see that face too.
Jun 21, 2022 9:02 AM

Aug 2021
I got goosebumped. not an alien or an injured face but still fking terrifying wtf

Sada Kiyoshi (or Sadakiyo in short) was the new English teacher and his appearance was also revealed. Friend haven't got any strong build/development so I hope this arc will create some memorable storyline
Feb 1, 2023 8:21 AM

Apr 2019
This all just seems way to crazy and momentous to be actually Friend. We're only 100 chapters in

"๐™‡๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™œ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ... ๐™ž๐™ข๐™ฅ๐™ช๐™ง๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ฎ... ๐™Ÿ๐™ค๐™ฎ... ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™ž๐™ฃ... ๐™„ ๐™๐™–๐™ซ๐™š ๐™˜๐™–๐™จ๐™ฉ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ข ๐™–๐™ก๐™ก ๐™–๐™จ๐™ž๐™™๐™š. ๐™‹๐™ž๐™˜๐™  ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ข ๐™ช๐™ฅ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™˜๐™–๐™ง๐™ง๐™ฎ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ข ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช. ๐˜ผ๐™ก๐™ก ๐™ฉ๐™๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ง... ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง ๐™ซ๐™–๐™ก๐™ช๐™š."
Nov 26, 2023 12:04 PM
Jan 2012
I think it's sadakiyo, and sadakiyo's not friend, but the other dude. Maybe they switched their identity in the vr to mess with people. Honestly idk whats going on at this point

More topics from this board

Poll: » 20th Century Boys Chapter 117 Discussion

Rasco - Mar 4, 2012

5 by Waddledont »»
Apr 14, 6:46 PM

Poll: » 20th Century Boys Chapter 110 Discussion

Zatoichi - Feb 19, 2009

11 by Ratris_Decision »»
Apr 11, 6:38 AM

Poll: » 20th Century Boys Chapter 99 Discussion

Naivette - Aug 8, 2011

6 by Ratris_Decision »»
Apr 10, 6:10 AM

Poll: » 20th Century Boys Chapter 81 Discussion

accela - Mar 19, 2008

12 by Ratris_Decision »»
Apr 9, 3:58 AM

Poll: » 20th Century Boys Chapter 249 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Darkreaper70 - Oct 1, 2008

74 by jas-samaaa »»
Apr 7, 2:26 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.