Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 2, 2014 12:44 PM

Feb 2012
Here is a collection of news briefs for the last week in anime/manga news. These briefs include announcements that would not normally receive their own news thread. Please check the News Board for previous major announcements. Last week's News Briefs can be found here.

Upcoming Anime

Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou
The official site has announced the cast and staff for the series. A new key visual for the series is also available.

Cast:
Kazunari Usa: Yuuichi Iguchi
Ritsu Kawai: Kana Hanazawa
Mayumi Nishikino: Rina Satou
Shirasaki: Gou Shinomiya
Sayaka Watanabe: Hisako Kamemoto
Sumiko: Sanae Kobayashi

Staff:
Director: Miya Shigeyuki
Series Composition/Script: Konuta Kenji
Character Design: Shinichi Kurita, Maki Kawano
Guest Character Design: Junko Yamanaka
Music: Akito Matsuda
Sound Director: Kengo Kawazoe
Music Produce: Lantis
Production: DAX Production
Studio: Brains Base
Theme Song Singer: fhána

Source: Yaraon!, Key visual
Previous Related News: Manga 'Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou' to Receive TV Anime Adaptation

[b]Love Stage!![/b]
The official site for the series has announced some of the staff for the series.

Staff:
Director: Kenichi Kasai
Series Composition: Michiko Yokote
Character Design: Youko Itou
Studio: J.C.Staff

Source: Official site
Previous Related News: Manga 'Love Stage!!' to be Animated

Fairy Tail (2014)
When it was announced that the Fairy Tail anime would reset April 2014, it was also revealed that Shinji Takeuchi would be taking over the role of character designs. Recently the new character designs for Natsu and Lucy were shown.

Character Designs:
Natsu
Lucy

Source: Crunchyroll
Related News Post: 'Fairy Tail' Anime to Restart April 2014

Escha & Logy no Atelie
The staff for the series has been revealed.

Staff:
Director: Yoshiaki Iwasaki
Series Composition: Tatsuhiko Urahata
Screenplay: Tatsuhiko Urahata, Tatsuya Takahashi, Yoriko Tomita
Character Design, Animation Director: Keiya Nakano
Monster Design: Etsunobu Iwanaga
Art Director: Chikako Shibata
Color scheme: Matsuoka Tamae
Director of Photography: Yasuhiro Akamatsu
Editing: Masahiro Goto
Sound Director: Jin Aketagawa
Animation Production: Studio Gokumi

Source: Crunchyroll
Previous Related News: Game 'Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky' to Have TV Anime Adaptation Due 2014

[b]Kenzen Robo Daimidaler[/b]
Additional cast and staff have been revealed for the series along with a new PV.

Cast:
Shouma Ameku: Natsuki Hanae
Kiriko Kikuna: Shizuka Ishigami
Rikantsu Seaberry: Aya Suzaki
Kazuo Matayoshi: Takehito Koyasu
Penguin Emperor: Hideyuki Hori
Michael: Taishi Murata
Denis: Shintaro Asanuma
Jake: Kentarou Itou
Jim: Makoto Yasumura
Nelzon: Jun Fukushima
Narration: Rikiya Koyama

Staff:
Mechanic Design: Takahiro Yamada
Prop Design: Yutaka Miya
Art Director: Shigemi Ikeda
Color Design: Yuuko Tsumori
Film Director: Emi Inoue
Editing: Bun Hida
Sound Director: Jin Aketagawa
Music: Ryosuke Nakanishi
Music Produce: Lantis
Produce: Jenko
Production: Penguin Empire

Source: Animate.tv, Comic Natalie, Official site (for PV click past advertisement and scroll to middle of the page)
Previous Related News: Manga 'Kenzen Robo Daimidaler' Gets Anime Adaptation Due Spring 2014

Other Anime News

Most Popular 'Gundam' Anime Survey Results

According to a survey conducted by NTT DoCoMo, the original Mobile Suit Gundam anime has been rated as the most popular series in the Gundam franchise. The 'Voice of the People' survey for the month of December was conducted between November 28, 2013 and December 12, 2013 with 5347 votes being cast. The results have been listed below.

1. Mobile Suit Gundam
2. Mobile Suit Gundam Seed
3. Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
4. Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny
5. Mobile Suit Gundam Wing
6. Mobile Suit Gundam 00
7. Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ
8. Mobile Fighter G Gundam
9. Mobile Suit Victory Gundam
10. Gundam Build Fighters
11. After War Gundam X
12. Turn A Gundam
13. Mobile Suit Gundam AGE
14. Other Gundam Titles

Source: Goo, Survey Results on Goo, Anime News Network

[u]Manga News[/u]

Sora no Otoshimono

It has been announced that the April issue of Shounen Ace magazine, to be released February 26, 2014, will include a bonus chapter for the series. The last chapter recently was published in the February issue of the magazine.

Source: Comic Natalie

[b]New Titles for Shounen Jump (Weekly) Announced[/b]

Four new manga titles will be launched over the next four issues of the Shounen Jump (Weekly) magazine, according to an announcement in its 10th issue.

Illegal Rare by Hiroshi Shiibashi will debut in the 11th issue (to be published on February 10, 2014).

iShoujo by Toshinori Takayama will debut in the 12th issue (to be published on February 17, 2014).

Stealth Symphony by Ryohgo Narita (story) and Youichi Amano (art), will debut in the 13th issue (to be published on February 24, 2014).

Tokyo Wonder Boys by Kento Shimoyama (story) and Tsunehiro Date (art) will debut in the 14th issue (to be published on March 3, 2014).

Source: Scan via ANN

Illegal Rare & Stealth Symphony on MAL
NaruleachAug 12, 2014 1:03 AM
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Feb 2, 2014 12:45 PM

Feb 2012
PVs/TV Ads
A collection of promotional videos and TV advertisements from the past week.
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski
Feb 2, 2014 12:55 PM
CSS Wizard

Jul 2009
um... I see absolutely no difference in Natsu's and Lucy's designs... XD
Feb 2, 2014 12:55 PM

Aug 2011
I really like what they did with Mary's character design for Mekaku City Actors! I have full confidence in the anime adaptation since Jin is in charge of the script. I really can't wait for spring (not to say this winter is bad or anything; it's pretty good imo, especially in comparison to last winter).

I'm also pretty excited for Haikyuu!!.
Feb 2, 2014 1:08 PM

Nov 2010
Wind_Sr said:
Stealth Symphony by Ryohgo Narita (story) and Youichi Amano (art), will debut in the 13th issue (to be published on February 24, 2014).

I'm very curious about this. I would have preferred seeing it in a different magazine that's for sure (especially one that wouldn't put that much pressure on the authors). But still, as a fan of Narita's I can't wait to read it.
Feb 2, 2014 1:14 PM
Aug 2011
Gundam Seed and Seed Destiny... really?

I don't mean this in a shits sucks kind of way but i'm currently working my way through Gundam and I preemptively made a point to avoid Seed at all costs.
Now I feel like I should reconsider even though most things I hear about it are not good. Hmmm.

14. Other Gundam Titles.
Oh okay but I loved War in the Pocket. ;(

Also Gundam fans let me love you and should I watch Turn A Gundam after working my way through most things?
I never quite figured out the ~placement~ of this series.

In other news. Love Stage- JC Staff why did I not see this coming?
And FT "new" designs look the same, just saying.
Feb 2, 2014 1:18 PM

Nov 2012
I can't wait for Mekaku City Actors. SHAFT is did good with Nsekoi and Mongatari, thy're on a roll.
Feb 2, 2014 1:19 PM

Oct 2013
parfaited said:

I don't mean this in a shits sucks kind of way but i'm currently working my way through Gundam and I preemptively made a point to avoid Seed at all costs.
Now I feel like I should reconsider even though most things I hear about it are not good. Hmmm.

14. Other Gundam Titles.
Oh okay but I loved War in the Pocket. ;(

Also Gundam fans let me love you and should I watch Turn A Gundam after working my way through most things?

And FT "new" designs look the same, just saying.

Dafuq? Seed and destiny are my two favorite gundam, I gave seed a 9 and destiny a 8/10 don't listen what people say, watch it and see if you like it or not.
keragammingFeb 2, 2014 1:22 PM
Feb 2, 2014 1:23 PM

Feb 2008
parfaited said:

Seed and Destiny are really popular in Japan for some reasons. But yeah, they are bad. Seed is watchable, but good luck with Destiny.

Glad to see Zeta as the third, but man, Chingchongs really have bad taste in Chinese cartoons.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Feb 2, 2014 1:24 PM
Aug 2011
Okay. I might consider Seed but probably not Destiny.

keragamming: Well I try not to listen to what people say but 100 episodes are a big chunk of my time so in this case i'm inclined to listen a little.
standFeb 2, 2014 1:29 PM
Feb 2, 2014 1:26 PM

Oct 2013
parfaited said:
Okay.

keragamming: Well I try not to listen to what people say but 100 episodes are a big chunk of my time so in this case i'm inclined to listen a little.

Seed is really good, I watch almost every gundam, and seed is my favorite, destiny is good but not as good as the first season u will know why after watching seed. Give it a try.
Feb 2, 2014 1:31 PM

Nov 2012
parfaited said:

SEED wasn't so bad, it was pretty good, although there are a few plot holes, lots of stock footage, and long boring fights, but it still managed to be entertaining and just a bit better than ZZ that's forsure.
SEED really lacks slapping, and watch out for this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWjfbUfcJUM
ZetaZaku said:

Glad to see Zeta as the third, but man, Chingchongs really have bad taste in Chinese cartoons.
LOL
RX-782Feb 2, 2014 2:24 PM
Feb 2, 2014 1:47 PM

Aug 2011
parfaited said:
Gu

I actually saw that coming from miles away, although I did hope it would be another studio for once. But oh well, I don't think Love Stage!! would be too hard to adapt. Just hope they do it well. They're doing a good job with Witch Craft Works from what I've heard though (and I'm enjoying the anime myself).
Feb 2, 2014 1:55 PM

Jun 2008
Looking forward to Love Stage. I need more shounen ai!

Half_Bl00d said:

Really? I think they do.
But will have to wait until they are animated to see more.
Feb 2, 2014 1:57 PM

Jan 2011
Wind_Sr said:
1. Mobile Suit Gundam

It's expected to see the first in the franchise on top, super hyped to see this story and its animation remastered with the upcoming Gundam: the origin.
Wind_Sr said:

Definitely one of the best Gundams even without the threat of actual death the battles this show has are amazing and characters are fun in their own way. Plus there is some plot surrounding Reiji that is starting to reveal itself. If it were my chart it would be ranked even higher.

I'm sad that Gundam Unicorn and 08th ms team didn't make it on the list.
[center]
Feb 2, 2014 1:59 PM

May 2011
Normally I'd give something like Love Stage a pass since it's Shounen Ai, but it's hard to ignore the person directing it. This is right up Kasai's ally too; he has a lot of talent when it comes to bromance pairings like Takagi x Mashiro! This is gonna be a fun watch, lol.

So the writer of Baccano/DRRR is writing a manga for Jump. Well, I'm hype.
Feb 2, 2014 2:14 PM
noiz cancelling

Jan 2008
News Briefs for January 27 - March 2

Shouldn't that be 'News Briefs for January 27 - February 2'?
Feb 2, 2014 2:22 PM

Nov 2011
Regarding the Gundam SEED topic, I actually thought SEED was decent but Destiny has quite a lot of problems especially in the second half.

I'm not a big fan of Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou's character designs yet though. Can't wait to see a PV for Escha & Logy no Atelie soon too.
VioLink said:
Wind_Sr said:
1. Mobile Suit Gundam

It's expected to see the first in the franchise on top, super hyped to see this story and its animation remastered with the upcoming Gundam: the origin.

Wind_Sr said:

Definitely one of the best Gundams even without the threat of actual death the battles this show has are amazing and characters are fun in their own way. Plus there is some plot surrounding Reiji that is starting to reveal itself. If it were my chart it would be ranked even higher.

I haven't seen Gundam Unicorn yet but definitely this. I highly recommend giving Gundam Build Fighters a try. I'll probably review the series sometimes this year.
Feb 2, 2014 2:25 PM
Jul 2012
@op

I saw that you made a mistake that you put March 2nd instead of Febuary 2nd.

on topic:

Don't see anything major on each show I haven't saw before, but Illegal Rare looks cool.
LegendGoldDarkFeb 2, 2014 2:29 PM
Feb 2, 2014 2:29 PM

May 2011
Who knows. It might just be a long week for him.
Feb 2, 2014 2:40 PM

Feb 2012
Numi said:

LOL woops. Surprised no one else said anything. Thanks for pointing it out.
Feb 2, 2014 2:42 PM
noiz cancelling

Jan 2008
Wind_Sr said:
Numi said:

LOL woops. Surprised no one else said anything. Thanks for pointing it out.

NP. Also thanks for the news on the upcoming SJ titles. Some of them look full of potential, given who wrote them.
Feb 2, 2014 2:47 PM

Jan 2011
jmal said:
VioLink said:

Was it even on the original survey? With it being the best selling Gundam of all time, I'm sure it would have gotten more than 19 votes (Age's total) if it were eligible. It looks like this is TV series only. 1st Gundam got more than half of all the votes though so it was definitely a blowout.

Okay yeah that makes more sense.
[center]
Feb 2, 2014 2:57 PM
Jul 2018
Wind_Sr said:

Most Popular 'Gundam' Anime Survey Results

According to a survey conducted by NTT DoCoMo, the original Mobile Suit Gundam anime has been rated as the most popular series in the Gundam franchise. The 'Voice of the People' survey for the month of December was conducted between November 28, 2013 and December 12, 2013 with 5347 votes being cast. The results have been listed below.

1. Mobile Suit Gundam
6. Mobile Suit Gundam 00
7. Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ
11. After War Gundam X
12. Turn A Gundam
14. Other Gundam Titles

Source: Goo, Survey Results on Goo, Anime News Network

I'm not surprised at the results of the survey but I am disappointed. Turn A and After War are so under appreciated. I'll never understand the fascination people seem to have with Seed Destiny, the most overrated of all the Gundam series. I can understand Seed to some extent, although it's far from my favorite.
Feb 2, 2014 3:09 PM
Aug 2011
Nope_ said:
SEED wasn't so bad, it was pretty good, although there are a few plot holes, lots of stock footage, and long boring fights, but it still managed to be entertaining and just a bit better than ZZ that's forsure.
SEED really lacks slapping, and watch out for this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWjfbUfcJUM

Lack of slaps, oh that's already not sounding brilliant. As long as ZZ has at least one really good slap then we are golden.

That cry. Someone there asked "What's the matter" and those are my thoughts exactly ahaha.
YT comment said that he needs a bright slap LOL. Brighto- sannnnnnnn we need you.
Feb 2, 2014 8:38 PM

May 2012
Hanazawa Kana voiced the girl that showed up in the second CM of Mekaku City Actors? No wonder I recognize that shy voice tone. That voice tone kinda reminds me to the voice of Fukasaku Aoi from Coppelion.
Kazumi-Feb 6, 2014 4:08 AM
Badges: C.C.O / T.C.O / TFCC admin ID | Previously known as kazumi-san95
Feb 2, 2014 8:41 PM

Jul 2012
Wind_Sr said:

1. Mobile Suit Gundam
6. Mobile Suit Gundam 00
7. Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ
11. After War Gundam X
12. Turn A Gundam
14. Other Gundam Titles

*sigh* Seed and Seed Destiny, but no Unicorn.

/edit
Never mind just TV shows...still SEED above Zeta...
MaorFeb 2, 2014 8:49 PM
הלב שלי כבר מת
Feb 3, 2014 1:16 AM

May 2013
Lets see if the upcoming ones are good.
Feb 3, 2014 2:46 AM
May 2012
I'll keep an eye on those four new manga titles :3
Kana Hanazawa <3 I love this girl!!!
Feb 3, 2014 3:01 AM

Jul 2012
Based Narita Ryohgo. Can't wait.
So, What do you think is on the other side?
Feb 3, 2014 6:36 AM

May 2012
Love Stage is must watch because of Izumi Sena. She looks so cute.

Escha & Logy no Atelie- Fantasy with hot chicks. Thats also a must watch

Kenzen Robo Daimidaler - Echii and mecha ! Thats another must watch

Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou- School and slice of life ?! No thanks
Feb 3, 2014 6:38 AM

Nov 2008
I wonder in what position gundam unicorn would have been had it been finished?
Feb 3, 2014 7:33 AM

Apr 2009
Anything from Narita is a must-try for me, so I'll be checking out Stealth Symphony.
Feb 3, 2014 2:40 PM

Sep 2011
I know everyone has their own taste and such but holy shit Gundam Seed & Destiny ranked so high?! I can maybe understand Seed but Destiny was a fucking train wreck. From the ones I've seen nothing beats 08th team, Victory Gundam, Turn A and 00 (as far as HD Gundam are concerned). Oh well to each his own I guess.
Feb 3, 2014 6:49 PM

Dec 2008
Half_Bl00d said:

^this!
Feb 3, 2014 7:26 PM

Apr 2011
Half_Bl00d said:

Me neither
Feb 3, 2014 8:14 PM

Aug 2011
thepath said:
Love Stage is must watch because of Izumi Sena. She looks so cute.

You know that Izumi is a guy, right...?
Feb 3, 2014 11:36 PM

Jun 2012
FUCK YOUR SURVEY TURN A IS #1 BITCH.
Feb 4, 2014 11:29 PM

Apr 2010
Gundam Wing is only#5?

Okay.

*cries*
Feb 5, 2014 12:39 AM

Jun 2011
Sora no Otoshimono

It has been announced that the April issue of Shounen Ace magazine, to be released February 26, 2014, will include a bonus chapter for the series. The last chapter recently was published in the February issue of the magazine.

looking forward for the bonus chapter :D
Feb 5, 2014 6:31 PM

Oct 2009
Well I'm kinda late but I'll comment anyways.

parfaited said:

With being about half way through Turn A, there's really nothing special about it. Basically it's just average. I can't make a full opinion on it.

Also you should give SEED a chance, it's not as bad as you think. If you would like to know more about other Gundam shows just message me.

Uriel_The_Fourth said:
I know everyone has their own taste and such but holy shit Gundam Seed & Destiny ranked so high?! I can maybe understand Seed but Destiny was a fucking train wreck. From the ones I've seen nothing beats 08th team, Victory Gundam, Turn A and 00 (as far as HD Gundam are concerned). Oh well to each his own I guess.

Apparently when it comes to the Gundam shows, it seems people can't tell a good show from a bad show. It's hard to take so called "Gundam Fans" serious, when their views are terrible (It's like they didn't even watch the show). Thank you for using your brain. I agree with most of what you posted.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production

DatRandomDude - 3 hours ago

17 by 18927 »»
25 minutes ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
57 minutes ago

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
2 hours ago

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Apr 16

23 by 3inPunisher »»
6 hours ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

10 by DylanVSAnimez »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.