Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Witchcraft Works
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 4, 2014 3:47 AM
Feb 2009
so far the best ep so far lol
Feb 4, 2014 3:59 AM
Feb 2013
Evermillion is the white stuff that them tower witches are looking for in Honoka?

So does that make Evermillion as Honoka's familiar?

Lol, those Ivory bitches are really a bunch of losers.
RazorRamona200Feb 4, 2014 4:03 AM
Feb 4, 2014 5:56 AM

Jan 2013
Hmm that was a tad weird at the end with Medusa just chatting like that. I don't have any ideas for where this anime is heading xD.
Feb 4, 2014 7:15 AM

Aug 2013
7thVoid said:
xchee said:
4kicks said:
Honoka being the "wife"...is more suitable than some would think. If anyone's wearing the "pants" in their relationship, it'd be Kagari.

Indeed.

I'm kind of confused about what's going on. Medusa's a tower witch and they're supposed to be the bad guys right? And yet she and her minions are just relaxing wherever the heck they are. And Chronoire and Kagari's mom seem to be friends? I'm so lost lol.

Yeah. I don't mind this show being light hearted, but as I watched this episode it made me wonder if there's any real reason for them to be fighting if they're going to be so nonchalant about capturing him or anything of the sort for that matter. I guess it does make one want to watch the show though, in hopes they'll explain such scenes.
Those tower witches are like Team Rocket they are mainly there for comedy. The main antagonist hasn't been shown yet in the anime although from where I have reached in the manga I'm not even completely sure she is the main antagonist.
Feb 4, 2014 9:33 AM

Mar 2013
Okay episode...
At this point, I've given up on an antagonist that could actually be capable enough to be a 'serious' threat to the Workshop witches...
Feb 4, 2014 1:43 PM

Jul 2012
My favourite seiyū as main bad character? I love it!
Feb 4, 2014 5:22 PM
Feb 2013
Czechbiohazard said:
Am I the only one who was concerned about how all the sexy maids were killed and nobody seemed to care? :(

Remember last episode how nobody was hurt by Kasumi's nuclear teddy-stomp, even the people who were actually caught in the explosion itself? I expect it's the same deal here.

RazorRamona200 said:
Evermillion is the white stuff that them tower witches are looking for in Honoka?

So does that make Evermillion as Honoka's familiar?

More like Honoka is a mobile container for Evermillion. She's what's important, he just happens to be the thing that she's stuck inside.
Feb 4, 2014 6:58 PM

Jul 2013
Misiakk said:
hahaha me too.. the moment she spoke I knew who she was

I'll said this again and as many times as I have to but the animation is really superb... whoever is responsible for that deserves an award.. damn especially when watching it in hd..

why would Honoka's mother think her son would be the bride... what a messed up logic
Feb 4, 2014 10:29 PM

Feb 2012
Honoka's mom is a total milf.

Still not sure what's going on though. I thought Medusa was the main bad guy but after that ending in the infirmary and the other scene with Ayaka's mom, I don't know who's the true mastermind anymore.
Feb 4, 2014 10:47 PM

Oct 2013
DrGeroCreation said:
7thVoid said:
xchee said:
4kicks said:
Honoka being the "wife"...is more suitable than some would think. If anyone's wearing the "pants" in their relationship, it'd be Kagari.

Indeed.

I'm kind of confused about what's going on. Medusa's a tower witch and they're supposed to be the bad guys right? And yet she and her minions are just relaxing wherever the heck they are. And Chronoire and Kagari's mom seem to be friends? I'm so lost lol.

Yeah. I don't mind this show being light hearted, but as I watched this episode it made me wonder if there's any real reason for them to be fighting if they're going to be so nonchalant about capturing him or anything of the sort for that matter. I guess it does make one want to watch the show though, in hopes they'll explain such scenes.
Those tower witches are like Team Rocket they are mainly there for comedy. The main antagonist hasn't been shown yet in the anime although from where I have reached in the manga I'm not even completely sure she is the main antagonist.

Team rocket is a good way to describe them. Regardless of the good/bad guys, it's still a fun show to watch.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Feb 5, 2014 6:38 AM
Jul 2018
They really shouldve been kisses on the lips, that wouldve really sold it to me but NO.... :(

Oh well good episode anyways.

Sent with Mal Updater
Feb 5, 2014 7:24 AM
Jul 2018
I think Kagari may well be the best girl this season. Really sweet when she kissed him back.
Feb 5, 2014 11:03 AM

Jul 2012
Man that CGI looked so bad.
And what is with that fan fic writing.

Yeah... of course his sister has a crush on him...
Yeah... of course his mother arranged an engagement with her Yuri love form her teens.

Wow this really is facepalm level...
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Feb 5, 2014 12:24 PM

Sep 2013
Awesome episode. I wonder if Honoka will ever earn his own powers instead of relying on Evermillion from this point on. Also, I cant get enough of Ayaka in full power mode. Im so sad and angry this is only 12 episodes!!
Feb 5, 2014 12:35 PM

Nov 2013
Their mothers were lovers. Ayaka and Honoka are engaged. His sister is a brocon. Man, it is one cliche after another. In a good way. I really like this anime.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Feb 5, 2014 12:58 PM

Sep 2013
TheBigGuy said:
Their mothers were lovers. Ayaka and Honoka are engaged. His sister is a brocon. Man, it is one cliche after another. In a good way. I really like this anime.

What kind of animes do YOU watch to have already seen 2 mothers being former lovers who promised to have their children marry eachother??
Feb 5, 2014 1:03 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Aahhhh, Miyuki Sawashiro's voice is a sweet balm for my ears.

LOL at the white stuff inside him. I completely didn't see that coming.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 5, 2014 2:35 PM
Feb 2009
I think some people might be misunderstanding the dynamics of the show. The Workshop Witches and Tower Witches don't really seem to be enemies in the typical Good-and-Evil sense. Most of the times, it seems like they are cordial to one another and have tea together from time to time. They might more accurately be considered rivals in their world view.

The conflict arises concerning the Princess Evermillion who is, as shown, an extremely powerful being. The Tower Witches don't want to kill or even necessarily harm Takamiya, most likely they want to control Evermillion and use her for their own ends. And since apparently there are different factions within the Tower hierarchy, those ends might be very different for each faction. Chronoire might want to unleash Evermillion to cause as much damage as possible whereas Medusa might have a more moderate approach, who knows?

Speaking of Chronoire, I'd be willing to bet that the 'candy' she gave Takamiya somehow twisted Vermillion and the version we saw this episode is not the same that Kagari remembers. She seems much more menacing and destructive than one would think.

And speaking of Kagari, I think she told Takamiya to close his eyes so that he wouldn't gaze upon Medusa, of which he forgot all about and since Kagari suffers whatever would normally afflict Takamiya, that is why she was turned to stone. Maybe.

So far, I'm really enjoying the story and the characters because they're not what you'd typically find in a 'fairy-tale' story. There's the swap between the 'helpless damsel' and 'stoic knight' and as I mentioned, the dynamics between the Tower and Workshop witches are more complex than Good and Evil. I especially like how it's portrayed that it's basically 'a job' for the Tower witches and that otherwise, they're typical girls who relax and have fun.

And who knows, perhaps it's the Workshop witches who will ultimately prove to be the series 'bad guy'.
Feb 5, 2014 2:36 PM

Oct 2013
Medusa was sick
Feb 5, 2014 3:01 PM

Nov 2012
Unrequited yuri turned arranged marriage,lol.

Evermillion huh,so she was the "white stuff"
http://imgur.com/4UiMho0
Medusa was defeat awfully easily tbh.I wonder if an opponent that's actually a challenge will appear eventually?

Dem kisses
http://imgur.com/HT5Q5tA
http://imgur.com/39ooDeC

Apparently there are some pacing issues compared to the manga,gotta remember to start reading once the anime ends.
VanishingKiraFeb 5, 2014 3:06 PM
Feb 5, 2014 6:16 PM
Feb 2014
well i thought the episode was very well done and is starting to get a little romantic.

btw can someone give me a link for a source on how the anime is 12 episodes? i looked into the manga to see how many chapters there are and there's currently 31 and ongoing, so how they can fit a 31 and ongoing manga into 12 episodes is beyond me.
Feb 5, 2014 6:35 PM

Oct 2013
wellertim said:
well i thought the episode was very well done and is starting to get a little romantic.

btw can someone give me a link for a source on how the anime is 12 episodes? i looked into the manga to see how many chapters there are and there's currently 31 and ongoing, so how they can fit a 31 and ongoing manga into 12 episodes is beyond me.

I don't follow the manga so I may be wrong, but usually most anime studios simply put (I believe) anywhere from 1-3 chapters per episode depending on which studio is making the adaption. So most times they leave the anime open ended. That is until they make a second season, but usually that's dependent on whether or not the sales are good.

As the person below me stated, most series don't always follow the manga specifically. Therefore it's best to just enjoy the adaption for what it is. Unless you read the manga and hate the adaption they made.

I feel this is one of the many reasons why decent anime have such a low following.
7thVoidFeb 5, 2014 7:09 PM
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Feb 5, 2014 6:42 PM
Oct 2012
wellertim said:

The more shows you watch the more you will understand:
1) Many animations don't have a real ending, they hope there will be a season 2, so they may end this show at say manga episode 24 or whatnot and hope that there is demand.
2) Sometimes the animators know that they don't have the time to do the manga justice, so they do their own animation story "inspired" by the mange specifically so they can provide an ending (Aoki Hagane is an excellent example of this)
3) Some manga have a point where the animation can end, usually at the end of an arc.
4) The animators do a combination, faithfully following the manga, but then creating their own ending point (Hataraku Maou had a very nice one of these)

I don't read manga of animation I am watching so I do not know which way WCW is going, but I have found that it is best to disassociate manga from animation and watch the animation as if it is its own story. Adaptation is very hard work, so don't expect it to be the same.
Feb 5, 2014 7:08 PM
Jan 2008
As I was informed when I asked the same question chapter 27 or 28 seems to be a good stopping point, so at the rate they're adapting (9 chapters for the first 5 episodes) that would mean a "comfortable" (as in without compression) adaptation would be 15 episodes. With the OVA (which may or may not continue the story instead of being an extra) that's 13, so it shouldn't be that bad.

Episodes 1, 2, 3 and 5 adapted 2 chapters a piece while episode 4 only adapted one.

I really hope that they don't do anything anime original. If there's a good stopping point then they should just use that UNLESS it's so far away that they won't reach it in 12 episodes + the OVA. If they can't reach the stopping point then at least just leave it open ended.

It's unfortunate that the magazine WCW is published in is only published every other month, with a GRAND total of only 6 chapters a year. If there is a second season then it'll be many years from now.
Feb 5, 2014 7:33 PM
Oct 2012
ZodiacBeast said:
I really hope that they don't do anything anime original. If there's a good stopping point then they should just use that

While I think that can be a general rule, there is no absolute rule. Aoki Hagane is a good example. They totally went in a different direction (I read the manga after watching the animation), but in that particular case I think it was for the best.

The animators knew they only had 12 episodes, they knew they could not do justice to the manga, so they went off on their own and created something very very good that could stand on its own.
Feb 6, 2014 3:19 AM

Mar 2013
Yet another awesome episode!! His mums reaction at the end made me laugh haha
Feb 6, 2014 11:23 AM

Feb 2012
If the MC's personality isn't going to be any better I need to drop this. He's so annoying I can't continue to watch the stupid shit he constantly does.
Feb 6, 2014 1:11 PM

Apr 2011
Good to finally find out what the 'white stuff' the Tower Witches are after. I didn't think it was the obvious (Kagari's semen), and was glad they addressed it in this episode. Tho damn he's spineless about kissing this beautiful girl.

The imouto is so hot, lol. And such an obvious bro-con. What the hell is up with that teddy bear tho? Is that normal for this world?
Feb 6, 2014 2:23 PM

Apr 2013
Feb 7, 2014 4:14 AM

Aug 2012
Excellent episode. There's too much I want to say that I couldn't even choose what to write lol.

So the whites stuff is a witch? I didn't see that coming.

One last thing though, what happened to the maids? XD
Feb 7, 2014 9:08 AM

Mar 2013
Kasumi's brocon moments and Komachi were really funny.
Poor Chronoire. LOL.
Feb 7, 2014 7:26 PM

Nov 2012
HOHO nice fight..
vermilion if i'm not wrong? so she is from inside takamiya? :o
I like his sister btw :p
Feb 7, 2014 10:21 PM

Aug 2008
So, the white stuff the 5 tower witches are trying to extract to from Takamiya's body is Vermillion?
"Everyone wears their own panties inside their heart" - Kousaku Hata

Feb 7, 2014 10:26 PM

Aug 2008
Misiakk said:

Me too my favourite seiyū is also voicing the white stuff princess. haha
"Everyone wears their own panties inside their heart" - Kousaku Hata

Feb 8, 2014 12:10 AM

Mar 2012
Pretty funny episode :)
Feb 8, 2014 3:28 PM

Dec 2011
Funny episode.
Evermillion was pretty badass. And LOL with the mom's back story, Honoka's family is damn hilarious.
Feb 8, 2014 8:15 PM
Oct 2012
One of the annoying things about Harem manga is that the MC attracts all those wonderful women without any real redeeming features.

The nice thing about this show is that the MC is that he has redeeming features. Though weak, though boring, he is smart enough to know that swallowing that ball was probably a trap, and he still did so because he loves the female lead. This point was driven home when even a demon was impressed by how quick he agreed to give up his eyesight. Its a nice depth that prevents this show from becoming too cliched.

Oh, and having the voice of Benten. Gotta love that. Didn't realize how much I missed it.
Feb 9, 2014 1:29 PM

Sep 2013
lmfao takamiya's mom was hilarious
cool battle tho ^^ medusa was awesome *_*
Feb 9, 2014 9:53 PM

Jun 2012
Seems like this season is filled with anime that I think are going to be bad, and then prove me wrong. This was a pretty good episode... and much better than the previous episodes.

Curious about this Evermillion character, and what happened at the end. I'm kinda wondering now if this is even going to have a serious plot or not, it seems like it might just focus on comedy with all of the antagonists becoming just comic relief. Which, I'd be fine either way... especially if it stays as entertaining as this episode.
HalibelTheEspadaFeb 9, 2014 10:07 PM
Feb 10, 2014 5:10 PM

May 2012
02:22 "NEW YORK Soul"

05:21 dat burakon

13:39 Tanpopo <3

7/10
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Feb 12, 2014 10:44 AM

Jul 2010
His mom is really funny and odd person and her dream which includes some shoujo-ai materials made me laugh. Also, Medusa's after the battle comfortableness xD
Takamiya-kun kissed her cheek and there was a feedback <3 he deserved it as he almost lost his eyes.
Feb 15, 2014 6:51 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

The plot is worth a lot to find the crazies that are born out of this time.
Like mother like daughter, it could not be otherwise, and Honoka? O_o
Maybe for my taste runs the series too, unfortunately there are still a few episodes is logical, too bad.
Narration nice, yet another character who joins the cast, I hope everything does not end with this season.
drawings and animations funny.
I like the ending too! XD
Feb 18, 2014 4:52 PM

Aug 2013
Takamiya's little sister sure is crazy about him lol.

That poor bear, everyone was abusing him.
My Candies:
Feb 19, 2014 10:15 AM

Apr 2012
Evermillion is such a cutie. Best surprise. Plus a good fight, CG witches were bearable, a few funny antics. Moving on up.
Feb 20, 2014 4:50 AM

Oct 2009
So this Evermillion is sealed inside Honoka?
Feb 22, 2014 11:31 PM

Nov 2012
This show is so ridiculous, it's enjoyable.
Feb 27, 2014 11:11 PM

Jul 2013
A cool headed love interest, a yuri mom, and a sister with a brocon. Couldn't get any better. I thought the sister used to do all that brocon stuff but finding out she still does it at her age is hilarious.

Is it just me or was the pacing of the cut after defeating Madusa a bit off? And Chronoire already got captured and is being tortured after the end credits?
Mar 1, 2014 7:02 AM
Jan 2010
That CG Medusa was REALLY glaring.
Mar 2, 2014 10:45 AM

Aug 2013
Oh, so that's probably what Ayake meant by ''her princess''. Honoka hidden power would be that white spirrit? Anyway, it destroyed an entire 41 floors building and a part of a school, seem pretty OP.

Also, come on Honoka, man up a bit. She's petrified and instead of kissing her on the lips, he kiss her on the cheek, what a sissy xD

That was so randomly fast the after-credit.

Honoka familly is so crazy :P
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 5, 2014 12:27 AM

Jan 2008
Makes me wonder if the mom does know about the whole magic stuff bc that stuffed animal was moving but the question is can she see it though so I really dont know but this was a really good episode I am liking this anime more and more and to be honest I really thought I wasnt going to like this anime all that much but just goes to know shouldnt judge a book my its cover so yeah now on to Inari anime that is airing but I think that is later today though
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Witch Craft Works Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2014

56 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 24, 11:00 AM

Poll: » Witch Craft Works Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2014

49 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 24, 10:47 AM

Poll: » Witch Craft Works Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2014

84 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 24, 6:32 AM

Poll: » Witch Craft Works Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2014

88 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 24, 6:15 AM

Poll: » Witch Craft Works Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2014

109 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 23, 12:00 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.