Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Witchcraft Works
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 2, 2014 6:16 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
LOL, that was priceless. I'm starting to like Takamiya's little sister more and more now though. We even get to see some of their flashbacks. What a daring girl.

Poor Kagari this episode...I feel her pain ;.;
I'm somewhat proud of Takamiya this episode I guess. Kid's growing.
Feb 2, 2014 3:51 PM
Jul 2013
Exciting fight against Medusa, and a little romantic-comedy: http://i58.tinypic.com/2jdi22t.jpg
Feb 2, 2014 4:01 PM

Oct 2013
There's something very wrong with this family. Well now we know why Takamiya's mother is alright with him staying with her. His sister too though. Just being his sister doesn't mean the poor guy can't have some space. Though I wouldn't mind all too much if he and I switched places.

Kagari fought fairly hard this episode. It's nice that he has strong people surround him otherwise he'd be boned. I also would've been more fond of a kiss on the lips, but I guess it's a step in the right direction.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Feb 2, 2014 5:57 PM

May 2013
Kagari OP. Should've went for the lips Takamiya. I love how the Tower witches are always doing something comedic even Medusa now.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Feb 2, 2014 6:24 PM

Dec 2008
lol giving up his eyes without a thought===>new respect for takamiya
Feb 2, 2014 6:35 PM
Feb 2014
I'm sure the voice of Medusa is Sawashiro Miyuki and I suspect that of Shirohime Evarmilion is Noto Mamiko?
Feb 2, 2014 6:49 PM
Oct 2012
This show just keeps getting better, every time you think you have a handle on where it is going the writer pulls the rug out from under you. It also gets the small things right. Kagari's mother admiring her 41 story building just before it explodes, the mother's story of her love, this

ultimateninjax said:
lol giving up his eyes without a thought===>new respect for takamiya

Which was a treat, loved the demon's reaction, and that Kagari knew about it later was a good little bit of writing. The other tower witches forming a club, and the cynical one looking out the window, and then at the end Medusa at the school infirmary (once again showing that there is some sort of rule governing tower and workshop), and the MC's sister having to go with all the neighbor obaachans. Absolutely lovely.
And that ending of the credits, with the all out attack by the workshop witches, that was just too much fun.

I disliked the first episode, but from the first scene of the second this show has me hooked. Going to have to buy the manga when this is done.
Takuan_SohoFeb 2, 2014 6:52 PM
Feb 2, 2014 6:52 PM

Oct 2010
I was expecting Medusa's voice to be a little more sinister, but I suppose none of the tower witches have given off a sinister vibe so far. Medusa definitely gives a more serious aura than the others though, I wonder how powerful she is without her eyes and arms sealed. It was also good to see Evermilion, as well as both her and Medusa in the Ending.
Feb 2, 2014 6:53 PM

May 2013
Takamiya's mom's funny. And Takamiya got a kiss on the cheek from Kagari. The fight with Medusa was okay. Interested to know more about Evermilion.
Feb 2, 2014 6:58 PM

Jan 2012
Great episode. This show keeps improving with each new episode. The mom was hilarious especially when she called Takimiya a "bride." The sister is a total brocon, but I doubt she's his real sister. I wonder why the woman was sealed inside Takimiya and if he and Kagari knew each other when they were younger or they have memories of someone from the past. Also the soundtrack this episode was great.
Feb 2, 2014 6:59 PM
Oct 2012
Madara31 said:
I was expecting Medusa's voice to be a little more sinister, but I suppose none of the tower witches have given off a sinister vibe so far. Medusa definitely gives a more serious aura than the others though, I wonder how powerful she is without her eyes and arms sealed. It was also good to see Evermilion, as well as both her and Medusa in the Ending.

That has been one of the strange things about this show. None of the tower witches have been particularly evil, hell Medusa was rehabilitated by the end of the show. Even Chironoire, who looked like she might become a boss, got blitzed at the end of the episode and was no real threat to the workshop witches. In most shows invincible heroes would be a determent, but in this show it really makes you wonder what is going on.

This confusion is what has converted me to being a fan. The writer has great talent, from what by all accounts seems like a stereotypical witch show, has me guessing what will happen yet. That is what makes a great show.
Feb 2, 2014 7:05 PM

Jul 2012
The fight was awesome.

So the kid has seals placed on his power and one of the seals heave been removed.

Great episode!!!
Feb 2, 2014 7:16 PM

Aug 2013
Nice episode however
i read the manga and i had much more expectations for this episode
"he that chooses his own path needs no map" - queen kristina of Sweden
Feb 2, 2014 7:17 PM

Nov 2012
Good episode....
LOL at Takamiya's mom "Honoka-kun has become a wife"
Feb 2, 2014 7:31 PM

Jan 2011
I'm so confused i don't know who the big bad boss is lol was thinking it'd be Medusa but nope! though it was hilarious seeing all the towers getting hunted down like nothing
Feb 2, 2014 7:35 PM

Dec 2012
Pretty cool episode. Miyuki Sawashiro as Medusa :D and Takamiya needs to stop throwing himself into the enemy and saying he's the one they want. It's getting old but if he gets better at magic then great
Feb 2, 2014 7:43 PM
Jul 2018
Takamiya's mom was funny.

Too bad, Kagari's home building was destroyed. That's fight with Medusa was alright.
Sweet, Kagari and Takamiya were living together now.
Feb 2, 2014 7:45 PM

Oct 2010
Takuan_Soho said:
Madara31 said:

That has been one of the strange things about this show. None of the tower witches have been particularly evil, hell Medusa was rehabilitated by the end of the show. Even Chironoire, who looked like she might become a boss, got blitzed at the end of the episode and was no real threat to the workshop witches. In most shows invincible heroes would be a determent, but in this show it really makes you wonder what is going on.

This confusion is what has converted me to being a fan. The writer has great talent, from what by all accounts seems like a stereotypical witch show, has me guessing what will happen yet. That is what makes a great show.

I agree. I'm a manga reader so I know a fair bit, and yet I'm still unsure of who THE main antagonist is. The show is good at leaving a lot of feasible options for story development.
Feb 2, 2014 7:57 PM

Nov 2013
Evermillion huh.

Interesting.
Feb 2, 2014 8:13 PM
Jul 2013
Omg i love his mom, LOL

Turning into comedy now ;P
Feb 2, 2014 8:13 PM
Nov 2009
yoo Kagari's mom was having none of that shit xD

And the dude continues to be the smaller spoon in their relationship even his mom says he's gonna be a wife lol.

Good episode.
Feb 2, 2014 8:14 PM

Sep 2007
Sister with massive brother complex. Scary almost yandere. Boy freaks out kissing girl on cheek. Not sure why. I would think a sister with that big a complex, would have kissed his cheek in past. :shrugs.: I think she looks cool with the golden flames look. Not sure why she doesn't want him to see. Good show. Loved they went back to his place to live.
Feb 2, 2014 8:30 PM

Jan 2009
3:13 yuri + epic ost/piano ftw

---------------------------
1. Great ost. Really sucked me into those predictable fight scenes.

2. It's hard to take the villains seriously cuz once they're defeated, they act like idiots/clowns afterwards (like medusa & those 5 witches)

3. Wish the dialogue was more intense. It's like the same stuff in other anime like this

5/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Feb 2, 2014 8:32 PM

Jun 2012
Tohka_Yatogami said:
Takamiya's mom was funny.

She's great
I liked how she was crying at how her son ha s become a wife XD
Feb 2, 2014 8:40 PM

Jan 2008
Honoka being the "wife"...is more suitable than some would think. If anyone's wearing the "pants" in their relationship, it'd be Kagari.

So...the "white stuff" came out.
Hope we see more of her.
Feb 2, 2014 8:45 PM

Oct 2013
Really enjoyable episode! I feel bad for the bear, all the ear pulling and hugging must have been painful. :p Hmm.. yandere imouto, pretty awesome and interesting and not like the cute and innocent imouto's in mostly every other anime.
Feb 2, 2014 8:46 PM

Jul 2013
LOLOL. Plenty of action and hilarious parts this ep.
Evermillion..Very interesting.
Kagari's home having 41 floors XD
Kagari's so damn OP. Just slapped those 5 witches away using her magic like it was nothing, and Medusa going "Well, anyway..."
Honoka's mum crying about him becoming a "wife"

And all those witches + Medusa near the end there.
Workshop witches gathering together..
And Kagari and Honoka decide to move back to his place.
Feb 2, 2014 9:13 PM

Aug 2010
jose21 said:
Good episode....
LOL at Takamiya's mom "Honoka-kun has become a wife"

I love his mom.

I was waiting for the kiss to be animated, and it made me happy.
Feb 2, 2014 9:26 PM

Aug 2013
4kicks said:
Honoka being the "wife"...is more suitable than some would think. If anyone's wearing the "pants" in their relationship, it'd be Kagari.

Indeed.

I'm kind of confused about what's going on. Medusa's a tower witch and they're supposed to be the bad guys right? And yet she and her minions are just relaxing wherever the heck they are. And Chronoire and Kagari's mom seem to be friends? I'm so lost lol.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Feb 2, 2014 9:34 PM

Nov 2012
4kicks said:

As long as Honoka, "the wife", doesn't wear a naked apron.
Feb 2, 2014 9:39 PM

Jan 2009
4kicks said:

No doubt. He couldn't even man up and kiss her properly. No pants for you nancy.

Than again it's Japan we're talking about. Where on one side they normally enjoy portraying males that are afraid of the female body and on the other end of the spectrum they enjoy 12 year old girls getting tentacle raped.
Feb 2, 2014 9:40 PM

Oct 2013
xchee said:
4kicks said:

Indeed.

I'm kind of confused about what's going on. Medusa's a tower witch and they're supposed to be the bad guys right? And yet she and her minions are just relaxing wherever the heck they are. And Chronoire and Kagari's mom seem to be friends? I'm so lost lol.

Yeah. I don't mind this show being light hearted, but as I watched this episode it made me wonder if there's any real reason for them to be fighting if they're going to be so nonchalant about capturing him or anything of the sort for that matter. I guess it does make one want to watch the show though, in hopes they'll explain such scenes.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

Feb 2, 2014 10:09 PM
Mar 2012
"Honoka has become a wife" Lol so true
Feb 2, 2014 10:16 PM

Dec 2013
So they went through a battle, and now they are sitting next to each other in the nurse office like everything is fine? Huh?
Best episode of the series so far. Also I really can't see how the mom isn't a witch too.
Feb 2, 2014 10:46 PM

May 2013
xchee said:
And Chronoire and Kagari's mom seem to be friends? I'm so lost lol.

Yeah, what is a long session of excruciating medieval torture between friends >_<
Feb 2, 2014 10:46 PM

Feb 2012
Lol this anime entertains me so much. Takamiya's mom was hilarious.
Feb 2, 2014 11:25 PM

Sep 2013
Such a sad brocon :p

That mansion is a bit much, its basically a private hotel :/

A petrifying flute?

I'm guessing that demon is the princess and for some reason she was trapped inside him.

She was pissed :P

I hope they lose a fight soon its like every fight they win kind of easily >.>
Feb 3, 2014 12:09 AM
Jan 2011
7thVoid said:
xchee said:
4kicks said:

Indeed.

Yeah. I don't mind this show being light hearted, but as I watched this episode it made me wonder if there's any real reason for them to be fighting if they're going to be so nonchalant about capturing him or anything of the sort for that matter. I guess it does make one want to watch the show though, in hopes they'll explain such scenes.

Yea I know. He's given himself up a bunch of times. Instead of taking him they go into some Bond villain explanation. But this is a comedy romance not some serious anime so that's the reason.
Feb 3, 2014 12:39 AM

Jul 2013
So a fight against Medusa seems satisfying, LOL Takamiya's mom known Ayaka's mom in their past with a bizarre marriage XD. His mom is too funny btw XD.

Felt bad that the bear is getting abused and luxurious home get blown up by Princess Evermillion XD. Yet Ayaka, still freaking powerful as always.

Feb 3, 2014 12:42 AM
Apr 2012
7thVoid said:
xchee said:
4kicks said:

Indeed.

You have to understand that Workshop vs Tower is lawful vs chaotic, not good vs evil. Workshop witches protect normal people and work together with established rules, Tower witches are mostly solo acts that do whatever they want, this doesn't mean they're 'evil' people that would randomly attack others or anything like that.

Medusa is kept sealed because she's incredibly powerful and she has a horrible attitude, she simply loves fighting and due to her power whenever she fights the collateral damage is immense (the maids in this episode for example). It's the same reason why Evermillion is sealed, as seen in the episode she destroys parts of town by just casually swinging her arm.
Feb 3, 2014 2:02 AM

Nov 2010
Loved this episode! Cute cheek kisses and this lovely mom. Not to mention the beautiful girl in white.
Feb 3, 2014 2:14 AM

Oct 2013
Dynellen said:
7thVoid said:
xchee said:
4kicks said:

Indeed.

You have to understand that Workshop vs Tower is lawful vs chaotic, not good vs evil. Workshop witches protect normal people and work together with established rules, Tower witches are mostly solo acts that do whatever they want, this doesn't mean they're 'evil' people that would randomly attack others or anything like that.

Medusa is kept sealed because she's incredibly powerful and she has a horrible attitude, she simply loves fighting and due to her power whenever she fights the collateral damage is immense (the maids in this episode for example). It's the same reason why Evermillion is sealed, as seen in the episode she destroys parts of town by just casually swinging her arm.

I think you misunderstood. I'm not sure about the other comments, but I don't so much care as to if they're evil or not or why medusa is sealed ( this should be obvious) just that if they're after him, why relax in the room right next to him if he's so important to their overall scheme of things?

A easier way to say this would be, if all they wanted was his power or the demons that are sealed inside him they've had multiple chances at doing so. Yet they just sit there right next to him like "Yo whats up?" lol.

Feb 3, 2014 4:54 AM

Oct 2013
I'm really enjoying this a lot. Kagari kun just give his eyes without second thoughts. So the white princess is inside him?
Feb 3, 2014 8:39 AM

Jul 2013
7thVoid said:

I think you misunderstood. I'm not sure about the other comments, but I don't so much care as to if they're evil or not or why medusa is sealed ( this should be obvious) just that if they're after him, why relax in the room right next to him if he's so important to their overall scheme of things?

A easier way to say this would be, if all they wanted was his power or the demons that are sealed inside him they've had multiple chances at doing so. Yet they just sit there right next to him like "Yo whats up?" lol.

I think that's the best thing about this show. The protagonists and the (supposed) antagonists aren't enemy in the truest sense. One moment they'd be fighting, the next they're chillin'. Even Kagari's mom had a nice civil chat with Cronoire back in episode 2 and now she's torturing her. First of all it doesn't even make sense if they just want to release Evermillion since she clearly doesn't get along well with the Tower witches, there must be some other background motive that's yet to be revealed.

Just sit back and enjoy the ride. As Kagari said, it'll be explained in due time.
Feb 3, 2014 8:54 AM

Jun 2012
Am I the only one who was concerned about how all the sexy maids were killed and nobody seemed to care? :(
Feb 3, 2014 11:17 AM

Aug 2010
Loving this series more and more :D

Takamiya's mom is hilarious XD And Kasumi's Brocon level is one of the highest I've seen XD

Kagari's house was O_O! Awesome elevator. Wish I could ride it ^^

The fight with medusa was pretty nice. Love Kagari's flames as usual. Evermilion, seems damn awesome! Loving her personality and design a lot <3...His will to sacrifice his eyes so easily deserves respect. Always lol when Kagari's mom is saying what a nice day then BOOOM! something happens. Poor House XD

Lol'd at the end with Medusa now a part of the comedy everyday life XD

His mother's reaction to Kagaris living with them now was funny ^^

Can't wait for more :D
Feb 3, 2014 12:02 PM

Apr 2010
So Ayaka and the main where already betrothed even tho the wife to be aka the main didn't know anything about it yet.
Seems their mothers had a good relationship tho this also explains the reason why Kagami's mother was so nice to the main.
Was funny to see the mothers main cry because of it tho.
Still living together in the mains home predicts trouble with the little sister in the future, then again living in Ayaka's home will be impossible for a while it seems.
Feb 3, 2014 12:10 PM
Jan 2013
Now, Honoka is gonna be living with Kagari, much to the delight of his mom, but much to Kasumi's disappointment.

So, that so called 'White Stuff" inside Honoka is a demon called Vermillion.
Feb 3, 2014 12:10 PM

Apr 2013
This series is actually very good!

Evermilion is so gorgeous!!!!!
Feb 3, 2014 2:37 PM
Jan 2012
Great episode, one thing tat bugs me though, how does honoka still think his mom is normal or doesnt know about witches when there is a walking bear right next to them and she aint batting an eye?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Witch Craft Works Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2014

56 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 24, 11:00 AM

Poll: » Witch Craft Works Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2014

49 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 24, 10:47 AM

Poll: » Witch Craft Works Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2014

84 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 24, 6:32 AM

Poll: » Witch Craft Works Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2014

88 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 24, 6:15 AM

Poll: » Witch Craft Works Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2014

109 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 23, 12:00 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.