Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 2009 9:19 AM

Jan 2008
animedreamer said:
Everyone seems to have a different opinion about whether you can watch this without having seen the first season....I'll watch ep. 1 since I already have it, but if I don't get it I'll try to find season 1. I didn't know until now that there WAS a first season. Looks interesting though.

Now I've seen the first episode, and I didn't have any trouble following it, and I would never have known that there was another season before it. So go ahead and watch!

Apr 11, 2009 4:38 PM

Nov 2008
I've been waiting for this since the first season ended ^^
Blackbird said:
good to know they released this one since I was looking forward to know what happened in the school because the first season didn't show much, but the intro was pretty much the same as first season. :)

Apr 11, 2009 10:49 PM
Jan 2008
I like more how Corti was draw in the Previous series but in this is ok, the animation is better, but not the best though!.
Apr 12, 2009 3:17 AM

Sep 2008
wow so phoron was a cluts as a dantist in school...unexpected
but i`ve had alwas liked that italian song of his
corti>_< kawaii!! omochikairiiii
but why does corti only had 4 wings?? i recall she always had 6 so she was a high level one ...weird
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Apr 12, 2009 2:48 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Finally some more Corti. <3

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 13, 2009 2:47 PM

Oct 2008
apparently m33w chose hatsukoi over polyphonica

details:http://m33w-fansubs.com/2009/04/hatsukoi-limited-01/

Apr 15, 2009 12:17 PM

Jul 2008
hmm coriti is moe and all but i dont think i will watch this, didnt watch the first one and it isnt that exciting.

Apr 16, 2009 10:58 AM

May 2008
My major issue with the original of this series, was the lack of romance. I seriously have a hard time remembering anything resembling romance. Seeying as how this isn't labelled romance on here, probably lack of it in this series also.
Apr 16, 2009 3:24 PM

Oct 2008
Endlessly said:
My major issue with the original of this series, was the lack of romance. I seriously have a hard time remembering anything resembling romance. Seeying as how this isn't labelled romance on here, probably lack of it in this series also.

It was hinted at a lot, but until the very end there was pretty much none of it. Main indicator being how violently jealous corti would get whenever he talked to anything even resembling a female.

Of course it doesnt help that corti looks like she is 14 years old most of the time...
Apr 17, 2009 3:28 PM

Jan 2008
aoikishu said:
I've been waiting for this since the first season ended ^^

Ditto ditto

Frankly this ep was still a bit of a disappointment. I'm not sure if it follows the Light Novel start but it certainly didn't following the Visual Novel's introduction. Phoron did something far cooler there.

If you like the anime, either first or the start of this, try this out. It's gives a lot of good background info the anime omitted:
http://www.insani.org/polyphonica.html

Sadly, it's only an intro. And sadly, the art is so much better in the VN.
Apr 19, 2009 11:19 PM

Jan 2009
I noticed that the backgrounds of the characters changed a bit?
Possible Spoilers*
- Phoron was kissed as a child in season 1 and the only said reason for her becoming small is that she hasn't heard her masters song
- He didn't reunite with Corti during the Day and Renbart wasn't there (trivial I know)
- I'm don't particularly remember but Perse was looking for something other than a wallet right?
- Perse and Yugiri first met by bumping into each other at the cafeteria right?
- Did Corti have 8 wings in the beginning? I'm not sure? Didn't she have 6 in the flash back episode? If not then she may had 4 and somehow earned 6?

Yes, I realize most of them are trivial.
There's probably more but... the point this prequel kind of seems like it changed the story a bit? Are they really related? I thought I was going to hate the new art but it's ok, I like the old corti better! Especially in the EN theme in S1. S2 seems promising! also seems like there is going to be a lot of romance in it? Maybe? and probably less episodic than s1.
Apr 21, 2009 10:18 AM
Feb 2009
...... what amuse me is that no1 in the anime asked why corti is been sealed at the school...

p.s. btw, i dont like the equipment that phoron carried on his back during perfomance, it looks bulky and heavy...-.-"
oblivious is a bliss
Apr 29, 2009 3:36 PM

Jan 2008
JohnyBeGood said:
I noticed that the backgrounds of the characters changed a bit?
Possible Spoilers*
- Phoron was kissed as a child in season 1 and the only said reason for her becoming small is that she hasn't heard her masters song
- He didn't reunite with Corti during the Day and Renbart wasn't there (trivial I know)
- I'm don't particularly remember but Perse was looking for something other than a wallet right?
- Perse and Yugiri first met by bumping into each other at the cafeteria right?
- Did Corti have 8 wings in the beginning? I'm not sure? Didn't she have 6 in the flash back episode? If not then she may had 4 and somehow earned 6?

- Corti got small because yeah she's a spirit who's used to getting power from dantists but was deprived of it for so many years... so the prologue says.
- Perse had an accident to Phoron and got her clothes wet, she got something else to wear but forgot her clothes at the school, then came back at night to pick it up...
- Corti went into an rampage during the night, but ONLY Phoron & the Yugiri's were there, which forced Phoron to use his one-man-concert-system in an attempt to save the sisters' lives, because the only way to stop a spirit that started rampaging due to lack of Commandia was to provide it the commandia it seeks (or beating it, which is rather hard to do with Corti) [This actually wasn't trivial at all IMHO]
- Eh... Perse is one of the Yugiri so kinda confused by that one.
- Can't remember how many wings Corti had in the prologue, I just remember the wings # define how powerful the spirit is and they immediately recognized Corti as one of the strongest.

I agree that I like the old artwork style better, but at least the new ones are of a highly overall quality since they actually cleaned it up properly

p.s. btw, i dont like the equipment that phoron carried on his back during perfomance, it looks bulky and heavy...-.-"

It should be, the one-man-concert-system is literally what it sounds. I think that the Dantist plays one of the instruments as the main, but they have to mix the rest of the supporting music themselves.
AoriiApr 29, 2009 3:43 PM
Apr 30, 2009 12:06 PM

Oct 2008
So has this series been totally dropped?
Apr 30, 2009 8:15 PM

Nov 2007
seems like the fansub groups who were doing a joint project supposedly had some sort of conflict and they dropped it. But I heard imuR88 is still going to sub it, it's just going to take a while cause of real life issues.
Shadow_StriderApr 30, 2009 8:40 PM
May 8, 2009 1:07 PM
Jan 2009
ohh please can someone tell me the soong that phron sing! i love itt! plss someone tell meeee
May 11, 2009 2:17 AM

Apr 2009
This is definitely better than the first in my opinion.
Can't wait for the next episodes. :)

May 18, 2009 7:22 AM

May 2008
I really like this new season better including animation and music.
The Artwork is really better then previous season in my opinion.

And Yea I checked both the Game CG and the first Season Corti is suppost to Have 6 wings but got 8 in the first episode of this season
May 23, 2009 7:59 PM

Oct 2008
This is a remake? It is so much better..

Corticarte

May 31, 2009 7:34 AM

May 2008
i had to say this show is MCH better den i expected it to be

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jun 3, 2009 6:25 AM

Apr 2008
seems like an interesting series

Jan 5, 2010 8:06 PM

Nov 2009
this anime is not the prequel or sequel of the first Shinkyoku Soukai Polyphonica Crimson because it adapt the novel while the first is just the animation...
i really like this more than the first...
Apr 15, 2012 5:28 PM

Jun 2009
Meh. I think it's SLIGHTLY better so far... Don't care much for it yet.

I still remember those annoying twins... ESPECIALLY the blond.>_>
Feb 2, 2013 2:04 AM

Aug 2010
Great first episode! I haven't watch the first season since everyone saying this is a remake, but it seems good so far.
Jun 22, 2013 4:12 AM
May 2010
Overall, a not bad episode. Though, quite a lot of confusing moments. What are the spirits for, and why forming contracts are important? What happened to Corticarte and what causes her shrinkage?

Anyways, my favorite moment was Giga, Giggaaaaa~
Jan 30, 2015 9:43 AM

Jun 2014
This isn't a sequel, just an alternative version. MAL got it wrong.
May 13, 2016 7:43 PM

Mar 2014
Great developments and pictured nicely with the animation ~ .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shinkyoku Soukai Polyphonica Crimson S Episode 7 Discussion

ShanaFlame - May 26, 2009

9 by removed-user »»
Nov 3, 2022 5:50 PM

Poll: » Shinkyoku Soukai Polyphonica Crimson S Episode 2 Discussion

T0sh1k1 - Apr 12, 2009

12 by removed-user »»
Dec 28, 2020 6:22 PM

Poll: » Shinkyoku Soukai Polyphonica Crimson S Episode 12 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jun 20, 2009

25 by AnimeLaver01 »»
May 14, 2016 6:38 AM

Poll: » Shinkyoku Soukai Polyphonica Crimson S Episode 11 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jun 13, 2009

14 by AnimeLaver01 »»
May 14, 2016 6:12 AM

Poll: » Shinkyoku Soukai Polyphonica Crimson S Episode 9 Discussion

ShanaFlame - May 31, 2009

5 by AnimeLaver01 »»
May 14, 2016 4:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.