Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 6, 2009 2:35 PM
May 2008
Pretty good but didn't make much since.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Apr 6, 2009 2:59 PM

Apr 2009
Words cannot express how badass that was. Maybe it was a bit cheesy, but nuclear explosions from melee combat and wielding six swords AT ONCE = awesome.
Confucius say man who stand on toilet is high on pot.
Apr 6, 2009 3:00 PM

Feb 2008
Hm... that's not my kind of anime. Animation and soundtrack are nice.
But story, characters & character design aren't really my thing.
I think I'll drop this show =(
Apr 6, 2009 3:00 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
So gar. That was a great episode, animation looked fabulous. Looking forward to more. Hope Shinsen don't drop this one.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 6, 2009 3:23 PM

Jun 2008
HOLY CRAP I LOVE IT.

Never heard of the games, but wow the first episode of this series just made me so happy. Awesome fighting, awesome music, awesome characters and awesome history. Best of the Spring '09 anime for me.
Apr 6, 2009 3:25 PM

Jan 2008
NeloDeath said:
Pretty good but didn't make much since.

I think this is one of those shows where you're just not supposed to care. xD I'm going to watch it for action and bad-ass battles. :)

cyruz said:
So gar. That was a great episode, animation looked fabulous. Looking forward to more. Hope Shinsen don't drop this one.

Tadashi is subbing it, and he does awesome work.
http://tadashisubs.wordpress.com/
Apr 6, 2009 3:30 PM

Nov 2008
MistressMorbid said:
Sure some of the fighting was over-the-top

Everything in Basara is over the top. XD

And the real Date Masamune was very much interested in outside influences/cultures so that's how in Basara he ends up with the Engrish I guess.
Apr 6, 2009 4:54 PM

Jun 2008
i like the fact that its was over the top, i thought it was a great start to its season and i will be waiting for the next episode
Apr 6, 2009 5:46 PM

Feb 2009
dbaranyi said:
I was bored out of my mind by it. It's the first of the new Spring 09 season series that I am dropping, and after only one episode. But if it's your sort of thing, enjoy...

I'm with you!!! This is really boring.
And i don't give a s*** to the game too, never played and now i surely won't play.

I just don't drop it because i won't ever drop an anime.
But i'm seriously thinking about doing it...
Hope it gets a little better so i don't get a "Dropped Anime" at my list.
Anime ga daaaai suki!!! Computer Engineering. Japan is awesome!!!
Apr 6, 2009 7:51 PM

Jul 2008
this won't be dropped by me, pretty good start off , pretty cool how Date Masamune 's seiyu is also doing the voice of Zoro from op =D
Apr 6, 2009 7:57 PM

Jan 2009
Lovin the fan service :] Very good start to the show. This is definitely number one on my priority list

Apr 6, 2009 8:10 PM

May 2008
wow, I really wasn't expecting much but it looks like they're really going all out with this one. Lots of recognizable seiyuu at every angle, over-the-top animation in crystal clarity, nice soundtrack... and this first episode was overflowing with gar badasses having fun...... I'd say I'm hooked.

I'll be amazed if P. IG can keep this up this quality for 12 episodes, but there's a lot of sengoku era fighting to cover. If they manage to keep it fresh, I may have to revise my favorites list.

I am a banana.
Apr 6, 2009 8:36 PM

Apr 2008
Are you ready guys?! Put the guns on!!

Oh Date, you're so funny. Man this was a great episode, everything I expected to happen came true with an extra side of "YUKIMURA!! OYAKATASAMAA!!!".

For people who haven't played the game or don't really understand the intentions, try not to look too deep. There is history involved in this but don't expect History Channel accuracy, obviously they're going for lighting a flame in your heart, burning soul badassery type of thing here(lots of strung together words lol).
Apr 6, 2009 8:38 PM

Nov 2007
First episode was amazing, wasn't what I expected
Loved it
The soundtrack kick ass and the fighting scene was well done
Looking forward to the next episode...

just wondering, did anyone else saw Date horse?
Pimp my horse?? or am i imagining things? Lol
Apr 6, 2009 8:46 PM

Apr 2008
DarkDemonz said:
First episode was amazing, wasn't what I expected
Loved it
The soundtrack kick ass and the fighting scene was well done
Looking forward to the next episode...

just wondering, did anyone else saw Date horse?
Pimp my horse?? or am i imagining things? Lol

Nope I definitely saw some handle bars on that horse. I think Date's new song should be "I can ride a horse with no handle bars". Best song ever.
Apr 6, 2009 9:09 PM

May 2008
Wow, pretty explosive.

Yukimura
Oyakata-sama
Yukimura
Oyakata-sama
Yukimura
Oyakata-sama

i lol'd
Apr 6, 2009 9:10 PM

Mar 2008
hm... conflicting feeling about this

the good?
fighting isn't too bad, music and graphics are decent. Awesome voice acting.

the bad?
they jumped staright into it without much background info, which made episode 1 rather confusing.

I guess i'll try a few more episodes (and I'll try to remember the names)
Apr 6, 2009 10:09 PM

Sep 2007
Wow this was a pretty badass episode. It's so full of hot blood and manliness. I lol'd at Date Masamune and his horse. The ninja girl was pretty hot too.
Apr 7, 2009 12:11 AM

Mar 2008
Fun over the top action fights

"Are you ready, guys? Put ya guns on!"

Wtf. Completely threw me the fuck off. Did not expect engrish.

Fun over the top action fights... not bad. *checks wikipedia*
Apr 7, 2009 1:02 AM

Nov 2006

HOLY SHIT THAT WAS AWESOME

I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON BUT THAT WAS AWESOME

I CAN HEAR THE SEIYUU LAUGHING LOLOLOLOL

Apr 7, 2009 1:35 AM

Aug 2008
Now that was some good old fashioned manly GAR action! I summarized it as exp ((Dragon Ball z + Casshern Sins)*historical japan + some heavy metal) all-star VA cast.

Who would have thought that this season has its jewels afterall..
Apr 7, 2009 3:40 AM

Nov 2007
GAR, that is all.

I had absolutely no idea what was going on. The story will probably make no sense for someone who doesn't know much about Japanese history, but I don't care.

Seiyuu are awesome, fights are awesome, characters are awesome, animation is awesome and I think that's all this anime is trying to do.

5/5 first episode.

Oh, Kazuya Nakai engrish is EPIC engrish

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Apr 7, 2009 4:15 AM

Jan 2009
I watched this yesterday and found my only reason to continue this series is because a bunch of my favorite actors are in here... namely, Kazuya Nakai, Soichiro Hoshi and Takehito Koyasu. :D
Apr 7, 2009 4:36 AM

Oct 2007
windy said:

HOLY SHIT THAT WAS AWESOME

I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON BUT THAT WAS AWESOME

I CAN HEAR THE SEIYUU LAUGHING LOLOLOLOL

This was my reaction when I watched episode 1.

Music was pretty nice too!
Apr 7, 2009 5:45 AM
Nov 2008
Ridicilous, but not in the good way. Probably will drop this series, the characters& story just didnt strike me at all.

Apr 7, 2009 6:57 AM

Jan 2009
SingerOfW said:

//It seems that Wakamoto will forever stay Charles for a lot of people. I, however, just can't unremember VERY MELON.

Wakamoto for me currently stays at KYARRROLE.

+points to you kids to catch the reference.
Apr 7, 2009 9:59 AM

Nov 2007
SLiK said:
SingerOfW said:

//It seems that Wakamoto will forever stay Charles for a lot of people. I, however, just can't unremember VERY MELON.

You mean KYAAARORUUU

Baccano XD. I love him for that role too.

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Apr 7, 2009 10:43 AM

May 2008
I'm torn. On one hand it really wasn't very good. On the other hand I love the whole HOT-BLOODED SAMURAI gimmick. Guess this will get put on my "wait and see" list.
Apr 7, 2009 1:30 PM

Sep 2007
Eh, not my thing but nice OP. ABS <3

First drop of the season~
Apr 7, 2009 1:36 PM

Feb 2009
Damn this was awesome, didnt get much of the so called story but hey, im not complaining, one of my fav VA's Nakai Kazuya has yet again found himself being one badass samurai :p probably felt he could do better than a triple wielding samurai, six frikkin swords hell yeah! also pimped horse with handlebars and exhaust pipes is teh shit

really couldnt see where the "historical" fits in though :p
Pantyshots are a different matter entirely

Apr 7, 2009 1:41 PM

Oct 2007
well made anime but what is this all about lol;d?
Apr 7, 2009 1:42 PM

Nov 2008
well not bad actually
Apr 7, 2009 2:07 PM

Oct 2007
I really love the historical Japan but all that fantasy stuff around the fights are a huge turn off to me, even if I still enjoy all those games around this theme. And the art and animation is so great it makes me wanna watch more.

I'm in love with the voice acting in this show, so many hot voices! <3
Not sure if I can finish it, but let's try~

Apr 7, 2009 2:44 PM

Apr 2007
My impression switched between "awesome!!" and "wtf?! That's sooo ridiculous!" every 12 seconds... XD

After understanding that this anime is not to be taken seriously, I think it can be a good comedy and I'll stick with it for now. ^^

EDIT: Damn, why did they make Mitsuhide that hot?! I used to hate him in history class, but his design in this anime temps me to like him now...
Btw, does talking about what happened in REAL history count as a spoiler for this anime? o_O
canisApr 7, 2009 2:51 PM
Apr 7, 2009 3:09 PM

Jan 2009
Amaya-no-Hime said:
SLiK said:
SingerOfW said:

You mean KYAAARORUUU

Baccano XD. I love him for that role too.

XD

That deserves a hi5.

Canis.... I'm not sure. This show and the game were based on the Sengoku era after all.
Apr 7, 2009 3:56 PM

Jun 2008
Awesome seiyuu cast, and only 12 episodes in which there is no time for planet Namek(if you know what I mean).

Shonen battle anime as it should be.
That horse and the Engrish was a bit disturbing though...
9/10
Apr 7, 2009 6:52 PM

Feb 2008
Uh, not what I expected at all.

Seems cool nonetheless... just, whoa.
Apr 8, 2009 12:39 AM

Apr 2007
That was fucking amazing. Animation was brilliant and probably the best voice cast I've seen in a long ass time. This had everything that I want in an anime.

Fuck yeah exhaust pipes on a horse! This was born of manliness.
Apr 8, 2009 12:48 AM
Jul 2008
Finally some action packed awesomeness.
The only problem with it is that I cant wait for next ep....
Apr 8, 2009 4:42 AM

Nov 2007
Definitely the most badass first ep of the season.

Never played the game but from the first minute in I was hooked. So badass. Engrish in ancient Japan, lmao.
Apr 8, 2009 5:51 AM

Jan 2008
Wheelman56 said:

You should check out Basquash as well, it's as exciting as Sengoku Basara and maybe even more ;)

In general, this episode was very good and at the same time so fast in a good sense -12 episodes wouldnt be enough otherwise-. Characters seem quite interesting, especially the interaction between Yukimura and Ouyakata made me laugh quite a bit. Definitely looking forward to more, this series is the series that i'm definitely not dropping in this season ^^
Apr 8, 2009 8:31 AM

Aug 2008
Great action in medieval Japan!
I adored!
Apr 8, 2009 8:44 AM

Aug 2008
Haven't played the game but shonen flavoured action/historical anime is failure. First ep: 6/10
Apr 8, 2009 12:27 PM

Jun 2008
FUCKING AWESOME
Apr 8, 2009 12:36 PM

Oct 2007
Wheelman56 said:

Never played the game but from the first minute in I was hooked. So badass. Engrish in ancient Japan, lmao.

QFT
Apr 8, 2009 12:53 PM
Jul 2018
Man both this and Basquash! are probably going to be my favorite animes of the season. The op was pure win. Awesome characters and great animation. Haven't played the game but can tell I'm still going to love this.
Apr 8, 2009 1:19 PM

Feb 2009
whoa, it was... weird?
I have no idea what's going but it's my fix of random action and manliness this season, the animation, seiyuus and music are pretty cool, definitely the strong points of the series.

the Oyakata sama - Yukimura dialogues are pretty funny.
Apr 8, 2009 2:01 PM

May 2008
That was much better than I was expecting from this series which is always a good thing. Really like the OP as well and the animation as well. Some of the character designs are a little iffy for me though.
Apr 8, 2009 2:08 PM

Jul 2008
I enjoyed the first ep, likable characters, the story isn't all SERIOUS BUSINESS, good animation... Definitely something I'm going to watch.
Apr 8, 2009 4:46 PM

May 2008
Awesome voice actors. High production value.. Everything looked great.. Nice 'camera'-work .. pumping music.. but..

I almost died when watching this anime, becuz of the lame characters, lame dialogues, lame jokes (Rock Lee/Gai Sensei jokes?? ), shit story, supernatural shit in a historical setting (WTF!! ok.. ok game-adaptation), main-stream rock music (which I liked a bit.. damn..), no extreme violence, bleh.. (no(/hardly any) boobage :|)..

Conclusion: SHITE

Am I getting old you guys?? WTF...

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sengoku BASARA Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - Jun 17, 2009

88 by sharosharo »»
Apr 19, 5:36 AM

Poll: » Sengoku BASARA Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - Jun 11, 2009

57 by sharosharo »»
Apr 19, 5:10 AM

Poll: » Sengoku BASARA Episode 10 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jun 3, 2009

43 by sharosharo »»
Apr 19, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Sengoku BASARA Episode 9 Discussion

ShanaFlame - May 27, 2009

48 by sharosharo »»
Apr 19, 4:19 AM

Poll: » Sengoku BASARA Episode 8 Discussion

ShanaFlame - May 21, 2009

45 by sharosharo »»
Apr 19, 3:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.