Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 2, 2009 9:15 AM

May 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wakamoto Norio!

Probably one of the best of this season. I liked the OP (both the song and the samurai dance part,) the ending was good too, and the animation was nice and fluid, no problems with the voice acting, blah blah. Hope some group starts subbing this, can make use of some subs since I couldn't understand some parts of it; at least the engrish was understandable. That woman in green gives me creeps.
Apr 2, 2009 1:22 PM

Jul 2008
Understood a bit of it since I've played both Samurai Warriors and Devil Kings. Still, I'm itching for a sub. I was very happy with what they did with the first episode. The animation is hot, and I love the spin they're giving it. The samurai dance part was hilarious. I'll keep this one on my radar.
Apr 2, 2009 2:54 PM
Jun 2008
who is subbing it?
Apr 2, 2009 5:46 PM

Nov 2008
Huge Basara fan and I loved the hell out of it. XD They're really catering to the fans of the games, but I think the series will be enjoyable even to those who aren't familiar with them.
Apr 2, 2009 6:13 PM

Nov 2008
I was bored out of my mind by it. It's the first of the new Spring 09 season series that I am dropping, and after only one episode. But if it's your sort of thing, enjoy...
Apr 2, 2009 9:17 PM

May 2007
Kaz said:
who is subbing it?
No one ATM. I'm sure that it'll get subbed, but when or by whom is the question.
Apr 2, 2009 9:28 PM

Jul 2008
Subs? Haven't seen any come up yet, but I'll let you know if I do. Use this link for a general guide as to who subs what this Spring: http://www.fansubwiki.com/Who_Subs_What:_SPRING_2009
Apr 3, 2009 7:53 AM
Feb 2008
Ok I guess it was ok for the first episode but I really hope something interesting happens soon since I'm not into historical anime

Anyway for some reason I thought Sanada was funny especially when he talked to his master oh and another thing flashy fights and good voice actors maybe I'll continue with this after all :D
Apr 3, 2009 6:48 PM

Jun 2008
dbaranyi said:
I was bored out of my mind by it. It's the first of the new Spring 09 season series that I am dropping, and after only one episode. But if it's your sort of thing, enjoy...

lol it's the other way around for me. This is the only new spring 09 anime that I'm definitely not dropping. I liked it a lot better than anything else I've seen so far
Apr 3, 2009 10:18 PM

Oct 2008
If only anyone paid attention to the VA list...a near all-star appearance I must say, they had the entire cast from the original Sengoku Basara here.
Being a huge fan of the game, I must say my dislike for Yukimura just increased by ten fold. Also we need more NOHIME
Also, I LOL'ed at Honganji Kennyo dying under Mitsuhide's blade without even speaking a line
Apr 4, 2009 4:30 AM

Aug 2008
Kaz said:
who is subbing it?

I also want to know this. Everything seems quiet on the subbing front.
Currently working on http://www.theblankpages.co.uk
Apr 4, 2009 5:14 AM

Aug 2008
grif said:
Kaz said:
who is subbing it?

I also want to know this. Everything seems quiet on the subbing front.
Well, apparently Shinsen subs are, and some other group I've never heard of. I just hope either someone else picks it up, or the other group are fast, as Shinsen have a tendency of getting so far behind and dropping animes...
Apr 4, 2009 7:03 AM

Mar 2009
NeoBasch said:
Subs? Haven't seen any come up yet, but I'll let you know if I do. Use this link for a general guide as to who subs what this Spring: http://www.fansubwiki.com/Who_Subs_What:_SPRING_2009

oh god shinsen-subs... they are very good but recently been very sloooooow.

Apr 4, 2009 10:41 AM

Sep 2008
mouselmm said:

Also, I LOL'ed at Honganji Kennyo dying under Mitsuhide's blade without even speaking a line

Oh come on, no one likes him anyway. And they did need to show Nobunaga team in front of the burning house as soon as possible.

And this episode actually raised my like for Yukimura. "Yukimura! Ouyakata-sama! Yukimura! Ouyakata-sama! Yukimura! Ouyakata-sama! Yukimura! Ouyakata-sama!"
要らない。もうあれは要らない。

血の赤も、骨の白も、焼け爛れる肉の黒も腹から噴き出る臓腑の灰も。

銃剣の煌き弾丸のメタル。軋む戦車の振動に塹壕の饐えた匂い。
Apr 4, 2009 12:35 PM

Jul 2008
SingerOfW said:
mouselmm said:

Oh come on, no one likes him anyway. And they did need to show Nobunaga team in front of the burning house as soon as possible.

And this episode actually raised my like for Yukimura. "Yukimura! Ouyakata-sama! Yukimura! Ouyakata-sama! Yukimura! Ouyakata-sama! Yukimura! Ouyakata-sama!"

My Lord!

Yukimura!

My Lord!!!

Yukimura!!!!

MY LORD!!!!!!

YUKIMURA!!1!!!11!1

mY LOrD!1!1!!!!111!!11!1!!1!!!!11!1

*SMACK!!!*

LOL!
Apr 4, 2009 4:55 PM

Nov 2008
mouselmm said:
I must say my dislike for Yukimura just increased by ten fold.

But he didn't do anything he doesn't do in the games? XD

mouselmm said:

LOL same. I wonder if they're handling other minor characters similarly...
Apr 5, 2009 11:52 AM

Mar 2008
I hope subs get released soon, I want to see it too T_T.
Apr 5, 2009 6:38 PM
Apr 2008
tadashi picked it up
Apr 5, 2009 8:27 PM

Jan 2009
I'm still kind of lost on the plot and how different factions started fighting as well as whats really going on or maybe you need to play the game to really understand it? Well no matter because i gotta say i got hooked quickly into it. Non-stop action with astounding quality animation and a pretty good music score that fits the fast-pace of it all. No need to think for this kind of anime. All you need is to relax and enjoy the pretty quality and stout manly violence in its prime and glory. Totally anticipating for next week's episode.
Apr 5, 2009 9:14 PM

Sep 2008
Well, you can kinda understand the reason for all the fighting if you study Sengoku era history.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sengoku_era
要らない。もうあれは要らない。

Apr 5, 2009 9:48 PM

Sep 2007
Norio Wakamoto as Nobunaga Oda = Epic Win.

And, that was quite the awesome episode. The animation was top-notch all throughout the episode, which is something Production I.G. is good at. I so loled at Yukimura and Takeda's parts, pure win.

I thought Kasuga would be somewhat more of 'tough' and 'serious'. She seemed too fragile. Man, it totally fooled me when I played Sengoku Basara X.

Also, how much more gar can Date be. Esh.

Edit: Did anyone noticed how much Date's horse seemed to shape like a bike? Those handles and exhaust pipes are killer.
Apr 5, 2009 11:11 PM

Feb 2009
I'm not sure if I'm gonna like this anime. I really like Sengoku or feudal era anime for the most but this anime has too much fantasy mixed with it. The best thing about this anime so far is the interesting and charismatic characters.

kokuroApr 5, 2009 11:18 PM

Apr 5, 2009 11:13 PM

Nov 2007
Massaki said:
Norio Wakamoto as Nobunaga Oda = Epic Win.

I guess I'll be watching this.
Apr 5, 2009 11:33 PM

Sep 2007
Wow, such a cool first episode. I had no expectations going in, having known very little about Sengoku era politics and the Samurai Warriors series. Some pretty great voice acting; I'll definitely keep this series.

Production I.G. finally managed to do some appealing character designs.
Apr 5, 2009 11:54 PM

Aug 2008
What plot is there??? I think there is just to much going on and not really a good storyline. They really didn't provide a good heroine in this anime.
Apr 6, 2009 12:35 AM

Jul 2008
This episode halved my IQ.

It was that stupid.

But it did well in appealing to the part of me that liked stupid things.

Apr 6, 2009 1:43 AM

Dec 2008
The Animation was just brilliant, top notch, I loved all the costume designs etc.

The plot was a bit off & it was a bit cliche, but I like the historical Japan so I'll be keeping this.

And OMG when Nobunaga Oda started to speak, it was like "ALL HAIL BRITANNIA" all over again xD

~Abs
Apr 6, 2009 2:51 AM

Mar 2009
The opening is freaking awesome. Seriously.

And Nobunaga's VA was brilliant. ALL HAIL BRITANNIA indeed.
Apr 6, 2009 4:37 AM

Sep 2008
roronoa zoro speakin da engrish just does not work for me....apart from that, not a bad 1st episode....lets see how far i can go before i drop this one
Apr 6, 2009 5:03 AM

Feb 2008
Norio Wakamoto was the main reason why I started this =P
As for the episode itself, it was good, not to mention you gotta love Production I.G.'s animation.
The opening theme is pretty cool btw.
Apr 6, 2009 7:26 AM

Oct 2007
All I have to say is this.

"Put ya guns on!"

But Wakamoto being Oda Nobunaga was awesome.
Apr 6, 2009 7:43 AM

Nov 2008
I've only played the first game in English (Devil Kings, all the names changed etc.) but I was familiar enough with the characters to not be completely confused.

Anyway, silly, over-the-top action. I loves it.
Apr 6, 2009 8:04 AM

Jul 2008
Although this seems to be one of the less popular series, this looks interesting and promising, one of the better series this season. I'll be sure to keep an eye on this one. ^^;

This episode gets a 4/5 from me.
Apr 6, 2009 8:50 AM

Sep 2008
Seishi said:

Production I.G. finally managed to do some appealing character designs.

These are actually Capcom designs, so yeah.

spineslayer said:
They really didn't provide a good heroine in this anime.

You just wait for some Matsu/Nohime/Oichi action.

//It seems that Wakamoto will forever stay Charles for a lot of people. I, however, just can't unremember VERY MELON.
要らない。もうあれは要らない。

Apr 6, 2009 12:15 PM
Sep 2007
Probably one of the greatest male cast (seiyuu) + some nice action. I liked.
freedo-Apr 6, 2009 3:34 PM
Apr 6, 2009 12:25 PM

Jan 2009
Awesome! That's the kind of anime I've been waiting for! Feudal japanese armies clashing in fierce battles. Strategy, tactics and epic duels. And high-quality animation... Can't wait till next episode.
Apr 6, 2009 12:30 PM

Jul 2008
The blonde ninja girl was hot!
Three Thousand Realms in a Single Moment
Apr 6, 2009 12:54 PM

Jan 2008
Wow! What an action-packed episode! o.o

This looks pretty awesome actually. Sure some of the fighting was over-the-top, but since this is from a video game it's understandable and I don't mind really.

I always love a good Samurai show, and this one looks like lots of fun. The animation was really top-notch throughout the entire episode, very fluid. I hope it stays like that for the majority of the series.

Also, whoever that white-haired guy with the scythes was is bad-ass. Looking forward to more of him. :) Ah, gotta love the obligatory villain with long white hair in animes. They're always my favourites. xD
Apr 6, 2009 1:05 PM

Apr 2009
Damn! The 1st episode was awesome! Animation was totally top-notch and the fight scenes exciting and fluid. Voice-acting (my fave VA, Morikawa Toshiyuki, I couldn't recognize his voice at all as Kojuurou!) and soundtrack (made me want to dance up and down) just stellar.

The relationship between characters like Shingen and Yukimura is hilarious the way they kept trying to beat the crap out of each other. Also Date-kun's enthusiastic usage of Japlish was lol. Where the hell did he learn his Engrish from? XDD;;

Definitely going to keep watching this fun series.
Apr 6, 2009 1:07 PM

Jan 2009
Omgah. o_o That surpassed the initial expectations I had for this series. The animation was very well-done, and abingdon doing the OP was very nice to see/hear. I was also highly amused by Date's English and Yukimura/Takeda's random brawls. XDD
Looking forward to the next episode, and itching to play the games now. :D
Apr 6, 2009 2:35 PM
May 2008
Pretty good but didn't make much since.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Apr 6, 2009 2:59 PM

Apr 2009
Words cannot express how badass that was. Maybe it was a bit cheesy, but nuclear explosions from melee combat and wielding six swords AT ONCE = awesome.
Confucius say man who stand on toilet is high on pot.
Apr 6, 2009 3:00 PM

Feb 2008
Hm... that's not my kind of anime. Animation and soundtrack are nice.
But story, characters & character design aren't really my thing.
I think I'll drop this show =(
Apr 6, 2009 3:00 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
So gar. That was a great episode, animation looked fabulous. Looking forward to more. Hope Shinsen don't drop this one.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 6, 2009 3:23 PM

Jun 2008
HOLY CRAP I LOVE IT.

Never heard of the games, but wow the first episode of this series just made me so happy. Awesome fighting, awesome music, awesome characters and awesome history. Best of the Spring '09 anime for me.
Apr 6, 2009 3:25 PM

Jan 2008
NeloDeath said:
Pretty good but didn't make much since.

I think this is one of those shows where you're just not supposed to care. xD I'm going to watch it for action and bad-ass battles. :)

cyruz said:
So gar. That was a great episode, animation looked fabulous. Looking forward to more. Hope Shinsen don't drop this one.

Tadashi is subbing it, and he does awesome work.
http://tadashisubs.wordpress.com/
Apr 6, 2009 3:30 PM

Nov 2008
MistressMorbid said:
Sure some of the fighting was over-the-top

Everything in Basara is over the top. XD

And the real Date Masamune was very much interested in outside influences/cultures so that's how in Basara he ends up with the Engrish I guess.
Apr 6, 2009 4:54 PM

Jun 2008
i like the fact that its was over the top, i thought it was a great start to its season and i will be waiting for the next episode
Apr 6, 2009 5:46 PM

Feb 2009
dbaranyi said:

I'm with you!!! This is really boring.
And i don't give a s*** to the game too, never played and now i surely won't play.

I just don't drop it because i won't ever drop an anime.
But i'm seriously thinking about doing it...
Hope it gets a little better so i don't get a "Dropped Anime" at my list.
Anime ga daaaai suki!!! Computer Engineering. Japan is awesome!!!
Apr 6, 2009 7:51 PM

Jul 2008
this won't be dropped by me, pretty good start off , pretty cool how Date Masamune 's seiyu is also doing the voice of Zoro from op =D
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sengoku BASARA Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - Jun 17, 2009

88 by sharosharo »»
Apr 19, 5:36 AM

Poll: » Sengoku BASARA Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - Jun 11, 2009

57 by sharosharo »»
Apr 19, 5:10 AM

Poll: » Sengoku BASARA Episode 10 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jun 3, 2009

43 by sharosharo »»
Apr 19, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Sengoku BASARA Episode 9 Discussion

ShanaFlame - May 27, 2009

48 by sharosharo »»
Apr 19, 4:19 AM

Poll: » Sengoku BASARA Episode 8 Discussion

ShanaFlame - May 21, 2009

45 by sharosharo »»
Apr 19, 3:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.