MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

The Second Airing of Haruhi Is Confirmed To Be a 28 Episode Series
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» News Discussion »» The Second Airing of Haruhi Is Confirmed To Be a 28 Episode Series

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
04-02-09, 8:06 PM

The new haruhi will air when the world comes to a end u_u
*sighs*

04-02-09, 8:46 PM

I didn't notice but the girl in the background picture of the sponsor credit is not wearing the uniform of Kita High.

Screenshot of the end of the program

It looks like the uniform of "The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya".

Ref. Haruhi in "Disappearance" uniform

Modified by dtshyk, 04-02-09, 9:51 PM

04-02-09, 9:24 PM

why are people complaining about this not being newsworthy? i think it is, and i also think it's interesting to note the similarities and differences. kyoani are such trolls that changes like the one dtshyk reported above can give clues about the elusive second season.

if you don't care, just scroll past~

04-02-09, 9:30 PM

Interesting...

04-02-09, 9:33 PM

Watching them in order is more fun, imo. I bought the DVDs and watched them all in order, and I don't see how watching a series out of order could make it any better.
I'm back.

04-02-09, 11:02 PM

Uh, reruns happen a lot in other channels. What makes Haruhi reruns especial?

I'd love to watch it, if they atleast improved the OP and ED.

Haruhi Season 2 is a must though.

04-02-09, 11:05 PM

Ryuukishi said:
cuz it's haruhi, and there was the misunderstanding about this reairing being the second season.

04-02-09, 11:41 PM

windy said:
Ryuukishi said:
cuz it's haruhi, and there was the misunderstanding about this reairing being the second season.

Ryuukishi, you are fortunate not to have been exposed to Kadokawa's nasty trolls. They'd never called this series a "reairing" (rather called it "Aratamete" meaning all over again) and shut out any other information from the media. So some TV companies designated it as a new series.

04-02-09, 11:50 PM

dtshyk said:
I didn't notice but the girl in the background picture of the sponsor credit is not wearing the uniform of Kita High.

Screenshot of the end of the program

It looks like the uniform of "The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya".

Ref. Haruhi in "Disappearance" uniform

I gave moar light to the pic, and it actually looks like the uniform but the color is different, also i wonder about the 'thing' on her shoulder, is it her hair or a hand? XDD

04-03-09, 12:40 AM

dtshyk said:
Online magazine Gigazine inquired from TV Saitama about the "reairing" of "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" and confirmed there will be 28 episodes. The staff of TV Saitama didn't know the order of the episodes and when the new episodes will be aired

What in the hell is happening over in Japan? Are they showing the 2nd season after the first, mixing in the 2nd season, or are they going to show the first in chronological order and broadcast order right after?

04-03-09, 12:47 AM

I'd guess they're showing the first season's 14 episodes, which would take 14 weeks/3 months (ouch) before finally showing the 14 new episodes from season 2.

Talk about milking your franchise...this MIGHT be worse than Square-enix milking the FFVII franchise with all its spinoff games and movies/ovas.

Meh

edit: just read the other link. I can't really say which I myself would prefer, although if the first episode that was aired was the chronological first episode (and not the weird re-ordering chronology), there still MIGHT be a chance that we'll see a few new episodes in between story arcs, since a few episodes from Season 1 were taken from later novels, such as the baseball game and the Day of Sagittarius. I still think it's unlikely though.

Season 2 is supposed to be the focused on Book 4: the Disappearance of Haruhi, right?
Modified by seiyu, 04-03-09, 12:53 AM

04-03-09, 12:54 AM

Well they can milk it because they know that Haruhism has spread wildly across the world and the Haruhists are willing to go through this as long as it means there is a 2nd season. I mean, I'll wait as long as it means a 2nd season and I know I'm not the only one.

04-03-09, 1:05 AM

Considering this was a news on the 2nd of April, it most likely is not an april fools joke. If it is then Japan sucks and "yourdoingitwrong"
King of MAL
Never Forget
Row Row Fight the Power

04-03-09, 1:07 AM

What's Going on.....

!!!???

04-03-09, 1:28 AM

Just for the record, no one should blame KyoAni or call them trolls. The stupid shit being pulled is completely in Kadokawa's court, KyoAni just draws it, they don't publish it.

04-03-09, 1:31 AM

I'm just going to wait and see what turns up. Not going to get my hopes up high yet, just in case. ;_;

There is nothing in this world more ugly than imperfection

04-03-09, 1:39 AM

3rr0R said:
Wake me up, when new episode is released U_U

04-03-09, 1:45 AM

I promised I'll finish my profile page "before Haruhi 2 airs". Crap. It's only about few weeks from now :P I 'll probably have to change it to "before Harhui 2 finishes airing" to give myself a little more time...

Haruhi 2 - Duke Nukem Forever 1:0 ?

04-03-09, 2:01 AM

MackDaddyHart said:
What in the hell is happening over in Japan? Are they showing the 2nd season after the first, mixing in the 2nd season, or are they going to show the first in chronological order and broadcast order right after?

My guess would be, since the first season's 14 episodes was split in two parts: 7 episodes of the first novel and 7 single episodes from 2 (or 3?) later ones.
Now they have produced another 14 episodes, maybe in the same manner with 7 covering the novel about the "disappearance".. and they are airing all 28 episodes in a chronological order, so it's like:
7 ep of Haruhi1 - some filler - 7 ep of Haruhi2 - some filler ? ("filler" is not correct, but they cover only short side stories)

That would mean we should wait 7 weeks and see what comes after the first arc ;)

04-03-09, 2:28 AM

So Sankaku was not just trolling after all. Either we will have Haruhi 2 at last in summer, or it can be mixed with the Haruhi 1 for utter madness. Having no preview in the episode makes the latter likely, but it's unlikely to begin with, so...

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices