Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Nov 5, 2015 9:26 PM

Feb 2013
Great season just like the first, if not even better.

8/10
Dec 23, 2015 2:23 PM
Oct 2015
Does anybody suspect that Madara is Natsume Reiko turned into an Ayakashi??

- Protects Takashi
- Resembles Reiko in one of his forms
- Is quite capricious
- Knows a lot about the Book of Friends
- Is really powerful

- Reiko 'died' young of unknown cause
Apr 8, 2016 9:38 AM

Mar 2016
I enjoy watching this series and I'm glad I have 2 more still to watch and a 5th coming soon so I take my time watching this one. I hope in the coming series that we see more of a relationship with Tanuma, it especially focused on Taki this season, though it seems like his relationship with Nishimura & Kitamoto and Natori seem to be getting better :D
May 28, 2016 11:25 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
And with this episode finishes the second season. A season much like the first in terms of pace, but with increased feelings. Now it's the third turn!

--
Y con este episodio acaba la segunda temporada. Una temporada muy parecida a la primera en cuanto a ritmo, pero con los sentimientos aumentados. Ahora toca la tercera!
May 30, 2016 5:27 AM

Nov 2011
Although it is the final episode, the story manages to be interesting and the plot does not go on vacation, but rather continues to advance to show us once the growth of Natsume and take a look at the world around him. Not missing the humor and sweetness that has always characterized this anime, very beautiful with the final part of Nyanko-sensei's speech and the fleeting appearance of Reiko. Excellent soundtrack, go with the third season!

This second season proved less exciting in terms of emotions, in the previous one, there were many touching moments of the wealthiest episodes, but the growth of Natsume and his relationship with Nyanko-sensei, was much more evident; in addition to all this, we also had more explanation about who he was Reiko.
Jul 25, 2016 4:31 AM

Oct 2015
I am really loving takashi natsume because he is kind and a compassionate soul to both the youkai and humans. the season depicted how both humans and ayakashis have similar needs like love and the need to be accepted. Takashi in the second season is less lonely because he has friends like Taki, tanuma, his bodyguard nyanko sensei, his adoptive family and reiko. The season ended in a cool way with a youkai kai.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 29, 2016 12:25 PM

Jun 2016
Nyanko sensei is so OP. He's also the best tsundere.

Overall, a pretty good season, just like the first one. 8/10. I'm glad we've got more human companions in the mix now who know about Natsume's 'secret'. His feelings of isolation were starting to get old!

What I'm going to miss the most about this season is the ED. One of the most beautiful I've heard.
Oct 1, 2016 3:54 AM
Aug 2011
There is something so wonderfully subdued about this season without being too heavy-handed.
Maybe that's why people say it's less emotional than season 1? Which I don't think is true.

Here Natsume wallows less about his own solitude and begins embracing people/youkai even more, so the emotions are delivered a bit differently but are there nonethless.

Great ending scene too.
The downside: no fireworks
The upside: no annoying Sasada being meddlesome
Oct 9, 2016 2:23 PM

Sep 2013
Is there any significant to Reiko appearing in the end? I believe Nyanko-sesei sensed her when his eyes got squinted and his ear moved.

Also, what was sensei's relationship with Reiko?
There's no magical spell to save someone's life.
Jan 17, 2017 3:33 PM

Mar 2012
I'm also curious about that scene. Was it there just to like nice or is her spirit actually watching over Natsume?
Apr 12, 2017 11:55 PM

Jan 2012
Having learned Kai is a youkai intent on releasing ogres sealed inside an old well, Natsume is presented with a choice: will he side with humans, or youkai? Well Natsume learned by the end of the episode that it's not an either/or question, not really. The answer is both! Provided they're precious to you. I liked that Natori wasn't presented as dead-set on extermination. Unlike the Matoba clan(who I expect we'll see more of), he was willing to help in a way that didn't involve killing Kai. Plus seeing Hiiragi is always a treat. :D I also liked how Taki and Tanuma had a role to play, and that for how built up the sealed ogres were Kai was easily more powerful. :D The cherry blossom gathering at the end felt a bit like a makeshift finale, but still a sweet one, Reiko by the window included. Kai finally eating the cookies Taki made for him was cute, hopefully we'll see him again. From what I remember another strong season. Thankfully only that painting episode brought me close to tears from the last batch. :D 8/10
Jul 10, 2017 10:26 AM
Mar 2017
Anyone have thoughts on Kai's words mentioning Reiko? Did he mean Reiko made the book of friends since she knew Kai wanted to have friends? Maybe she wanted to give it to Kai so he can have friends since she knew he was lonely?

I also think, maybe Reiko became a Youkai. And her name was probably in Book of friends. I don't know if that was possible though.

Rewatching Natsume Yuujinchou from the beginning here since the latest has just ended.
Apr 1, 2018 4:02 PM

Feb 2013
Kai wasn't evil, that's a relief, it all ended up nicely.
Apr 21, 2018 3:00 PM

Jul 2017
It was a great ep in all but like why was Reiko there on the window
Nov 12, 2018 5:03 AM

Feb 2017
Much improved than last season. 8/10
Dec 8, 2018 1:26 PM

May 2016
That was so beautiful Kai you will be remembered, hope to see you in season three.

Also Reiko are you still alive? 8/10
Sep 17, 2019 9:44 PM
Oct 2017
Great episode, I wonder if Kai mentioning Reiko and Her sitting in the window at the end will have any meaning in season 3
Dec 3, 2019 4:56 PM

Aug 2017
Kai was good till the end. Great season. I need more! Madara is straight up savage and op. Reiko being in the window at the end was nice it’s as if she is watching over him.
Feb 20, 2020 7:01 PM
🔥🔥🔥

Jan 2020
Loved this season. It is absolutely light years ahead of season one. The animation is miles better and the plot of the episodes is much more creative and in depth. I thought the first half of season one was damn boring but I was completely gripped throughout this season.

It just had so much more “umph”. I loved the ending too and all the side characters. It was really great. 9/10.

🔥 🔥 🔥 . 阿良々木 暦, 傷 物 語 . 🔥 🔥 🔥
Build a man a fire and you'll warm him for a night
but set a man on fire and you'll warm him
for the rest of his life...
- H E N D Y -
Jul 1, 2020 9:39 AM

Feb 2017
The real question is whether Takashi would have treated Kai the same way if he wasn't a cute shota.

May 13, 2021 3:05 AM
Jul 2018
A perfect end to another perfect season. This season shifted into more high stakes, multiple episode stories and the transition was made perfectly. Some great new characters were introduced as well, such as Kai and taki, who I love. With this episode specifically, the last shot with Reiko on the windowsill just blew me away. I am speechless once again.
Honestly don't know which season I prefer. Season 2 made a transition in the story that I'm sure will be felt later on in the show, and also introduced some great characters and some wonderful single episodes. But season 1 works amazingly as a self-contained masterpiece. To be honest, I'm not going to think about it too much and just enjoy it.
May 13, 2021 12:21 PM
Aug 2020
"YOU TOOK THAT DOWN , DIDNT YOU?" -SHIGURE

OMG!! Is he talking about the youkai in the earlier episode? The one that Takashi exorcise? :O Tell me tell meeeee
Jun 10, 2021 10:24 PM

Jan 2021
What a great ending to a amazing series.
Jul 20, 2021 3:34 AM

Feb 2014
I'm annoyed that Kai returned to the mountains. What about his friends in school? :/ I need Taki and Natsume to get him back :/ And I'd like him to be a recurring character 100%.
Lol, I'd watch a show just about him to be honest. A youkai learning and enjoying human life told in the light-hearted, heartwarming spirit of this show would be so sweet.

I dont get why everyone watching is so in love with Taki somehow (at least that's what stood out to me in the previous discussions). She's nice for sure, but she doesnt stand out from the other side characters imo.

I enjoyed the 1st season way more. I'll rate this one...maybe 6 or 7
L had a poster of Norman in his room
Oct 2, 2021 7:36 PM

Apr 2019
Good end. I really didn't remember this mini-bow.
Now I'm going to start reviewing season three.
May 13, 2022 12:11 PM

Feb 2020
Good and satisfying finale.

Kai is such a nice kid. I'm sure one day Natsume will go to meet him with his friends. ^^

Reiko sitting in the window was a really nice way to end this season.

I think this was a little better than the first season.
May 14, 2022 10:06 AM
Nov 2020
I'm gonna miss crybaby Kai!! :(
I hope he gonna makes some more friends
And sees him again at the other episode!!
Nov 29, 2022 10:56 AM
Nov 2022
so much coolness and calmness
Aug 30, 2023 4:23 PM

Dec 2010
I'm glad that things turned out well in the end, I would have hated if this case created a rift between Natori and Natsume. Well, it was down to pure luck that the Ogre wanted to eat Kai on the spot and that Kai released it in the opportune moment when Natsume was around to save him (and bring Madara along with himself). Let's just be happy that this is the kind of story where Natsume's good intentions lead to good outcomes instead of more cynical ones.

Ishiryoku said:

I dont get why everyone watching is so in love with Taki somehow (at least that's what stood out to me in the previous discussions). She's nice for sure, but she doesnt stand out from the other side characters imo.
Taki knows Natsume's secret and she's halfway what he is - or at least she's seen enough of the Youkai world that she can understand a lot of what he's going through. At the same time she isn't more knowledgeable and involved in this than he is, unlike say Natori. So she's someone Takashi can confide in at least sometimes (since he still wants to do everything by himself). It's natural that watchers would share the MC's feelings for such a reliable friend. Her design is also kinda cool... and the fact that she's a really good person really helps :) also not annoying like a certain class rep
Feb 12, 1:26 PM

May 2015
Very pleasant and emotional arc. Kai was very precious.

Very good season, maybe less surprising than the first but stilla happiness to watch.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

dbaranyi - Mar 23, 2009

105 by FZREMAKE »»
Apr 3, 3:06 PM

Poll: » Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MaxCrazy7 - Mar 16, 2009

101 by FZREMAKE »»
Apr 3, 2:47 PM

Poll: » Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

noteDhero - Mar 9, 2009

125 by FZREMAKE »»
Apr 3, 2:28 PM

Poll: » Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aznixiboy - Mar 20, 2009

56 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Feb 8, 2:33 AM

Poll: » Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dbaranyi - Feb 9, 2009

98 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Feb 7, 4:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.