Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 29, 2009 9:46 PM

Mar 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Chiaki clinging to Kana was so cute! haha.
Hosaka's disgusting and hilarious as always. XD
Minami-ke FTW! great season overall. lots of laughs and drama.
Mar 30, 2009 5:19 AM
Jul 2018
Haruka had the best conclusion to Kana's problems^^
But this was too slow paced, both the first and second story did not have the usual action :/

Okaeri was fine, but still far from the geniality of the first season.
Mar 31, 2009 2:06 PM

Jan 2008
HoaRy said:
Haruka had the best conclusion to Kana's problems^^
But this was too slow paced, both the first and second story did not have the usual action :/

Okaeri was fine, but still far from the geniality of the first season.

Agreed.
For me:
Minami-ke > Minami-ke Okaeri > Minami-ke Okawari
Mar 31, 2009 9:30 PM

Jul 2007
That was a cute last episode of an -after all- decent series. Sure the art/animation was crap at times.. but Chihara Minorin and co still made it turn out very Minami-ke'ish, lovable characters and all. One of the better shows of this (imo) meh season.

Minami-ke > -gap- > Okaeri > Okawari

^ fixed !
Mar 31, 2009 10:31 PM

Oct 2008
Nice to end the season showing how much they all care for each other, even though it was a tad slow. And also nice to have the season end on Hosaka. Maybe if there's a 4th season, he'll cling onto Haruka. And hopefully if there's a 4th, asread doesn't produce it.

And much like everyone else: Season 1 >> Season 3 > Season 2
Mar 31, 2009 11:28 PM
Mar 2008
What is this?! Crying faced Chiaki and clingy Chiaki all in one ep? Nice end, the Kana and Haruka bits were cute too. Lol at the pool of Hosaka at the end. This season did an okay job at filling the Minami-ke slot, and had the same fun. 9/10
Mar 31, 2009 11:32 PM

Aug 2008
8/10 from me

"Minami-ke > Minami-ke Okaeri > Minami-ke Okawari"

True true, overall that animation was decent. Story was decent.
The Dramatic ending at the end brought up this season a bit for me.

I just wish there would be a bit more build up on the relationships. Or that the seasons weren't so short :(.

Or just something a little more extra.

Oh well, overall it was good, it delivered it's laughs.
Apr 1, 2009 12:10 AM

Oct 2008
great season, i loved chiaki clinging to kana....was sooo cute. chiaki really distinguished herself this season, i mainly watched it for kana but in okaeri chiaki really makes a coming.

oh and i could have seriously done without the last 15 secs or so of hosaka, god hes disgusting.
Apr 1, 2009 2:21 AM

Jan 2009
Haha Hosaka ending was hilarious ^_^ The dream theme was nice this episode. And Kana's suicide note... That was actually a little scary... Nice episode and ending to the season.
Apr 1, 2009 3:24 AM

Jul 2008
It was a good episode containing sisters' bonds :3

Hosaka ♥♥ what a dream ahahah poor guy XDD

Apr 1, 2009 6:05 AM
Oct 2007
Nice end, I want season 4. I love the Minami's. Twintail Chiaki was the best lol
Apr 1, 2009 7:50 AM
Feb 2008
awww chiaki was cute ^^ hosaka was hosaka after all I can't expect something else

anyway nice ending ,lets look forward for the ova :D
Apr 1, 2009 8:15 AM

Apr 2007
After watching Okawari I wasn't expecting to like this season but Okaeri really surprised me. It was a lot of fun to watch all the way through. 8/10

Mire said:

Minami-ke > -gap- > Okaeri > -chasm- > Okawari

^ fixed !

^even better fix

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Apr 1, 2009 9:24 AM

Aug 2007
Good final of the series.

Ja! I think Chiaki loves kana, becouse she was that nightmare. Chaki was so cute doing that.
Apr 1, 2009 11:19 AM

Aug 2008
wasn't as fulfilling as the last two seasons but i enjoyed okaeri to a certain extent. definitely looking forward to the ova.
Apr 1, 2009 1:07 PM

Oct 2007
Rrrreally cute Chiaki-sama in this episode. Her clinging to Kana-chan was just to adowable. Haū~ Omochikaerī~

This season was a lot better then the second one. I gave this overall an 8/10 and the 2nd one a 7/10. This season looses points for crappy animation but gained points for improved lulz :P

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
Apr 1, 2009 1:24 PM

Jun 2008
The first part was the most enjoyable for me, seeing Chiaki and Kana together in sisterly love. So cute!

I enjoyed season 3 the least, but it was still more than satisfying. Looking forward to the OVAs.
Apr 1, 2009 2:03 PM

Dec 2007
Hosaka at the end is like tradition now :-)
Apr 1, 2009 3:59 PM

Nov 2008
Bastvera said:
Hosaka at the end is like tradition now :-)
Yeah, I was hoping he'd show up at the very end, and he did! Hilarious as always! Good episode, very cute how Chiaki clung onto Kana for the first part. Overall I really liked the season. OVA can't come soon enough!
Apr 1, 2009 4:03 PM
May 2008
I need moar. D: Minami-ke can't end!
Apr 1, 2009 5:42 PM
Sep 2008
I'm sorry the final episode "blew"! Very slow paced just to get to an unfunny punchline and how it ended was sooooo bad too.

I gave it :5 = for all 13 episodes.

I hope they put this series to rest OR get the same staff from the first season (if their planning a 4th) OR some other company who can do a better job then the staff who this bore-fest.

"what happened to my KANA!!!!!!!!!
sanimej2Apr 1, 2009 5:47 PM
Apr 1, 2009 7:55 PM

Apr 2008
I have to agree with the series order 1 then 3 then 2. I also hope that there is a season 4.
Apr 1, 2009 9:07 PM

Sep 2008
it was very cute im going to mis chiaki-sama and kana´s figths TT_TT
but it as a great anime IMO+ i think the series order ws fine cause everychaper made me lol
hopping an ova or a season 4
sa ike! minami ke!
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Apr 1, 2009 9:54 PM

Aug 2007
nice ending. had it's strong and weak points. 7/10

I agree with sanimej2, seems like it's time to put this series to sleep.
Apr 1, 2009 11:48 PM

Aug 2007
Well, My predictions are [which is always around 60% correct] after the OVA, They will release the final season, maybe next year.

(Wait, finish Zero no Tsukaima first!!!) (>w<!!!
Apr 2, 2009 5:30 AM
Nov 2007
First season will never be beaten! This episode compared to the last was better (quality)
The OVA should be good (I hope) i don't think it will be chock-block full of shoddy animation unlike some of this seasons episodes. At lest the 3rd season had the Minami brothers unlike the 2nd (still annoyed about that) Another episode with Hitomi would have been nice, so moe ><
Apr 2, 2009 5:57 AM

Jul 2008
first season was the best one, at least the 3rd isnt as bad as the 2nd.~~
but i really dont want a 4th season anymore~~

Apr 2, 2009 6:06 AM
May 2007
Shame it's over for the season =( hoping there will be another season coming up; for me this episode felt a little too heavy though compared to the others, but it was really cute at parts with chiaki clinging onto kana. Hosaka endings never fail to make me laugh though.

The series in general makes me wish i had a sister, growing up with 3 brothers = bah. And overall i really liked this season, can't wait to see more in the future (it's ended far too quickly already) =(
Apr 2, 2009 7:20 AM

Oct 2007
Kiseki said:
first season was the best one, at least the 3rd isnt as bad as the 2nd.~~
but i really dont want a 4th season anymore~~

Nobody is forcing you to watch it you know... >_>

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
Apr 2, 2009 8:03 AM

Oct 2008
resilent said:
The series in general makes me wish i had a sister, growing up with 3 brothers = bah. And overall i really liked this season, can't wait to see more in the future (it's ended far too quickly already) =(

So your siblings are like the other Minami family and you're like Touma. Please tell me you have a brother with a scary smile and barks at little girls.
Apr 2, 2009 2:19 PM

Nov 2008
Disapointing...why? Season didnt end with Hosaka laughing!

Seriously. Episode was good and cute, little slow based tough. Okaeri wasnt good as first season, but Okaeri was still fun and it was very relaxing to watch. Only thing i would have liked more was Hosaka...Best character in the series! 9/10 because of nice warm atmosphere.
Apr 3, 2009 12:05 PM
Dec 2007
Very fitting ending for this third season of Minami-Ke. It was pretty close to the first's season's humour and direction overall, so much better than the second, but the animation and art hurt a bit too often. I loved this last episode, really.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Apr 3, 2009 12:50 PM

Jul 2008
I think that this episode was the best of the series. The rest were just too filled with side characters. This one brought back just the three sisters and had that great family feeling to it. Which is what Minami-ke is supposed to be all about.
Apr 3, 2009 3:09 PM
Jan 2009
I may have forgotten the first season, but it seems to me that in the third Chiaki was made much more childlish than in the beginning. This episode was kinda boring - I prefer the whole bunch than just the Minami's. And I hope there won't be a 4th season - but if it will, I'm sure to watch it.
Apr 3, 2009 5:14 PM

Aug 2008
Last episode was the best in this season imo. I like the ending. Too bad much of the third season was plain, though.

7/10 for me.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Apr 5, 2009 1:40 PM

Sep 2007
Worst season, imo. Anyone else notice that they almost never left the house? @_@ I thought the 2nd season was the best.

Apr 5, 2009 1:52 PM

Oct 2008
That note Kana left for Haruka-nee-sama and Chiaki had shocked them and made them cry... It is definitely a rather disturbing message that implies she is going to commit suicide even though it turns out to be otherwise, obviously:

Apr 6, 2009 1:12 AM

Sep 2007
Chiaki and Kana's relationship is always a pleasure to watch. Chiaki won't admit it, but she adores Kana. When it shines through, like in this episode, it's incredibly cute.

As far as content goes: Okaeri > Original > Okawari. There wasn't a single dull episode in Okaeri, and they pushed the characters out of the development stagnation that Okawari left them in. The characters also felt true to their original concepts - no uber-bitch Haruka like in Okawari. It's nice that they cut away the repetitive and unnecessary fanservice which was a little too frequent in the original, and absolutely rampant in Okawari. Perhaps best of all, that bastard with glasses who debuted in Okawari wasn't even mentioned this season.

In terms of overall quality: Original = Okaeri >>> Okawari. Minami-ke is one of those series that could go on for 10 seasons and I wouldn't get sick of it. Looking forward to and hoping for more sequels.
Apr 6, 2009 10:31 AM

Mar 2008
Great episode, i really liked the part where Chiaki was stuck to Kana, that was cute and moving :)

That 3rd season was defintely better than the 2nd, except the weird animation in some episodes. 8/10.
Apr 15, 2009 2:09 PM
Dec 2007
Well, as expected the Minami-charm is starting to grow thin after three seasons, but season 3 was superior to season 2 (animation not being mentioned). Season 1 just left the series with a bar set too high. Either way, with the way this series is, they could actually milk this series for eternity, but I think they can mostly make one more season out of this as a wrap-up before the Minami formula turns stale.

Either way, series as a whole took a step back to it's begginings.

Apr 19, 2009 10:12 AM

Nov 2007
Don't know if I'm just tired of the series, but I found this the weakest season of the three. The last two episodes were not funny at all. Minami-ke >> Okawari >> Okaeri.
Apr 19, 2009 12:59 PM
Dec 2007
I kind of just realized but still, I'm surprised AND thankfull they didn't had a "let's get all the underage girls drunk!" skit. They did it in both the original and Okawari so I'm really thankfull they didn't in Okaeri. Seeing elementary school girls drunk is not even remotely funny, and it was actually bothering in a way.

Apr 19, 2009 1:50 PM

May 2007
Good Series overall! *raises glass* heres to season 4!!! lol commooooooon. Bring back the quality of animation of season 1!
Apr 19, 2009 2:55 PM

Jan 2008
Disturbingly lacking Hosaka at the end, but I'm glad he came through. 8/10

I still love all 3 seasons, good times good times.
Apr 20, 2009 10:25 PM

Mar 2009
Fatentity said:

overall that animation was decent. Story was decent.
The Dramatic ending at the end brought up this season a bit for me.

I just wish there would be a bit more build up on the relationships. Or that the seasons weren't so short :(.

Or just something a little more extra.

Oh well, overall it was good, it delivered it's laughs.

Yes I definitely agree with these statements. By the end of all this I just noticed that nothing had really progressed and everything was the same as it was in the beginning. I also did find this season to be slow, and I wish we could've seen more of Hosaka cause he's definitely the funniest character. Besides that I felt this season as a whole was still good and managed to keep the same feel that the original had to it. I give this episode a 4/5 and the season as a whole a 7/10.

Also I don't know why everybody's hatin on Okawari cause I thought it was a good season as well. I honestly don't know how I'd rank the three seasons though.

I do hope for a season 4 that will actually bring more development with it concerning the relationships and characters. For instance I would hope that Fujioka might actually do something about his crush on Kana.

I'm also hearing something about an OVA here. Is that supposed to come out soon?
CG-LOVERApr 20, 2009 10:37 PM
Apr 21, 2009 7:51 PM

Jan 2009
huh? Did not comment on this. Me liked all of this third season series. I liked best first one then second one. Me very angry with art and me hope that I can have better time with the DVD versions.
Apr 24, 2009 4:00 PM

Apr 2007
Although Okaeri was obviously inferior to the first season, I still really really liked it. Same for the second season that was also inferior, but still enjoyable for me.
They just know how to make some great dialogs and heartwarming situations :P
and yeah, who cares about the animation being horrible, F that.
AoiuApr 28, 2009 10:49 AM
Apr 26, 2009 8:40 PM

Jan 2009
You cant help but love the Minami sisters when it comes down to it.. and I thought this last episode was pretty touching in demonstrating the loving bond between the sisters. Great ep, def best in this season, cant wait for an OVA and hopefully (praying) season 4!
May 2, 2009 2:54 AM

Aug 2008
Kira01 said:

I think that the note originally was over "fats". She felt she was getting a little podgy around the ol' mid-riff so she wished for "fats to disappear". Shortly after you see Haruka scribbling over the wish note, and that infact, she has changed it to "sweets to disappear". And then she calls to the group, let's have some cake/dessert. Ruling Kana out with the note that she modified. Haha. Poor Kana. :)

I gave this series a 6 overall. There were a few things within it that made me chuckle. Here and there though mind you. It just lacked a certain flare and spark they had from being original in the first couple o' seasons. Actually, I'll say first season, as I can't seem to remember the 2nd season. But that's not because it was that bad. Because I still enjoyed it.

I said for episode 12 that I thought that the Minami~sisters had got a little boring. But they turned that around for me during this episode. Chiaki clinging to Kana, clinging!?. That was amazing. I mean, throughout most of this show, she's calling her an idiot and throwing Fujikoka (poor old bear) at the girl. And now she's worried she's gonna go out and not come back. This is really endearing. And then they continue to turn it around and Kana has a dream and starts clinging to Haruka. It turns into a cutesy Minami~hug time.

But then this led onto the note that Kana left. Much like a suicide note in my eyes. And the clinging~ness must of accentuated the fact that Kana's just gone AWOL(well not really AWOL, just felt like putting that). Well, it can't have helped. Both Chiaki and Haruka's reactions were pretty priceless, showing how together, even with their differences, the Minami sisters are.

The ending scene with Hosaka was beastly. He really is amazing.

Overall the series was ok. It didn't have the overall oomph that it needed. I wanted to see more of that Hitomi girl, that we see in a small scene standing up and looking at Natsuki. Hell, I wanted to see more of the Minami~bros, do we even know the name of the older brother? Touma is always good. Makoto is awesome. Maki-chan was a nice contribution to the last few episodes. The triangle between Riko/Kana and Fujioka was pretty funny to watch. Even the glasses girl in Kana's class (so memorable I don't know her name) had a few moments.

It was a nice series, but I wouldn't really put anything more than that. I'm not too sure what I'm thinking about an OVA or a season 4. Unless, due to the bad dream Hosaka had he's going to be clinging to Haruka for part of an episode(as someone else has said xD). Then I'm in.
May 6, 2009 3:00 AM
Nov 2008
I'm another one who think Okawari is so underated someone quited after 2 ep. and still followed Okaeri then back to see Okawari when I suggested them to do some's still blinded by bias but some regret not watching them till the end and judged them.

Not that I like Okawari more than the Original Minami-ke...
First season did best in case of Slice of life + COMEDY anime. No one ever forget Ninomiya-kun and Sensei XDD
But Okawari has it own depth...that for the sake of light-hearted comedy anime ...is bad. But if you look at Okawari with different aspect from which you look at the first season. It's another good anime that blend Slice of life comedy with some good DRAMA for the sake of DRAMA Okawari is 10 times better than the first season and 5 times better than Okaeri
Fuyuki's departure scene is even better than Clannad's (may exclude Fuko's arc that it think it's only arc that make Clannad good)
And every little change of ED I watched till the end make me almost cried with mixed feeling...happiness , sadness and nostalgia

But because everyone remember Minami-ke as light-heart comedy so Okawari's only thing to blame for not following the same trend of the original.That's al

And Okaeri is good , almost fallen into decent rate IMO it has no strange charm that Okawari has and not as comedic as the original

for me
Okawari = Minami-ke > Okaeri

But I give tham all 9...no differ that much
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Minami-ke Okaeri Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Mar 10, 2009

89 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jun 10, 2023 2:30 AM

Poll: » Minami-ke Okaeri Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kraker2k - Jan 19, 2009

60 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jun 6, 2023 8:00 PM

Poll: » Minami-ke Okaeri Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

id - Jan 11, 2009

99 by Cabbage_Cat »»
May 30, 2023 11:59 AM

Poll: » Minami-ke Okaeri Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

id - Jan 4, 2009

140 by Cabbage_Cat »»
May 26, 2023 4:36 AM

Poll: » Minami-ke Okaeri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Mar 23, 2009

56 by AdityaRizkiS »»
May 21, 2023 5:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.