Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 29, 2009 10:44 PM

Jul 2008
wtf, i will not accept this!!! i don't want to wait!!
Mar 29, 2009 11:08 PM

May 2008
Nice ending!

Mana was cute wrapped up like that. For a moment there though, I was _very_ concerned about Touya's intentions. o_O
Mar 29, 2009 11:34 PM

Aug 2007
phammo said:

I don't know, I don't find this as a fave and i'm giving this a 7/10 and I agree with phammo. Have I gone crazy. Mana FTW. lolz
Mar 30, 2009 12:15 AM
Nov 2008
phammo said:

I agree100%!!!

This isnt usually my type of show (I only caught it cuz Eclipse was subbing) and yeah, its a really slow-paced series, but just when the big event is finally over...

oh, that phone call at the end just tore my heart out.

(Scene where Touya convinced Mana-chan to come in looked very weird...too much time working on concert scene maybe?)

Overall, I'll give 8/10
Mar 30, 2009 12:16 AM
Jul 2008
well someone did die!

lulz
Mar 30, 2009 2:59 AM

Mar 2009
it end but its not the ending gotta wait until winter

Mar 30, 2009 3:03 AM

Nov 2007
It was coming out nicely then suddenly ran out of money for Mana's scene outside his place.

The first 10 wrapped up the first season. The last 10 minutes were the setup for S2. I don't feel that motivated to watch...
Mar 30, 2009 3:58 AM

Jun 2008
-_- this is just.. ugh.. 5/10
Mar 30, 2009 4:33 AM

Feb 2008
I really liked this 'last' episode. Everything just seemed to click. The only thing that bothered me was Akira and Misaki, they should just move or something so we don't have to watch them anymore. Everything else, awesome. 7/10 for now.

I want the second half now but I imagine the reason for this split is related to money; they need to sell some DVDs before they can afford to produce the rest.
Mar 30, 2009 6:01 AM

Aug 2008
No blood - no extra points. Well, at least this "last" episode wasn't half-bad, if still humorous sometimes. I feel extremely generous today so I gave it 5/10. But it's not like I liked it or anything, I just accidentally chose the wrong number from the list and didn't want to change it afterwards. Hmm, I probably fail as a tsundere.

noteDhero said:
at least that they didn't try to pander with ecchiness, and instead tried to be "artful" in its approach
At least the ecchi shows don't try to act to be more than they actually are (well, in the better cases). I find nothing great in covering crap in a shiny, "artistic" wrapper, especially if it doesn't have a function or give any plus to the storytelling.

Siva said:
I lol how Akira is still a failure in life while Touya get even more blessing.
Lol, they all are.

TenchiTim said:
Scene where Touya convinced Mana-chan to come in looked very weird...
I've said it many times: he's the ultimate rapist pedophile

Well, see you guys in October when I torture myself further with season 2.
Mar 30, 2009 6:25 AM

May 2008
not that interesting but ill watch the next season

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Mar 30, 2009 7:01 AM
Apr 2008
DeathfireD said:
Wow no kidding a lot happed. I felt like I was hit by a mack truck of information haha.

So basically Touya has finally manned up and decided to be faithful and dedicated to Yuki. The down side is all this shit happened at one time in this episode so Yuki may think he's being unfaithful or ignoring her again.

Touya's dad is in trouble! I wonder if he had a heart attack or something.

Yayoi getting denied was funny. Also who was that girl that gave Touya's bag back to him? She looked like a miniature Yayoi haha. I wonder if she was Yayoi's sister or something.

Mana went to see Touya which resulted in Haruka thinking Touya slept with her XD. I bet that made Haruka jealous and sad at the same time. Also is Mana a member of that girls singing group? The manager is her mom and her mom mentioned that one of the girls where missing. Was it mana? She kind of looks like one of those snotty girls anyway.

Anyway here's the updated relationship chart.

sooo Deathfire i love you that apparent at the end of the series and making this chart .also 3 other users must contribute to the position of yayaoi so it makes it seem like im being unfaithfull to you ....yes shes worth three people hahahah nah im just joking around :P
anyway i liked the end i was expecting more bang and i still see yayoi liking touya especially after the yayoi shun xD
ill give it a personal 9 and a critic 7 so there ya go see ya when the 3nd half broadcasts in october xD
Mar 30, 2009 7:42 AM

Sep 2007
I lol'd at the epic QUALITY during the scene outside Touya's apartment with Mana. That was just completely terrible. I bet Touya would've ended up doing something naughty to Mana if Yayoi hadn't shown up.
Mar 30, 2009 7:47 AM

Mar 2008
that was a very good and solid ending
I liked the metaphor with the first snow and Yuki's first concert (snow = Yuki in japanese). So finally a new Yuki was born.
I also liked the puzzles this show gave me every week, and I like how those puzzles were mentioned (solved) in Yuki's song (anime)
Finally I liked the idea of why the show is titled "White Album", and I'm looking forward to watching it filled with pictures and events of the next year (season).
All in all, not a masterpiece of course, but a decent show with its own face and touch. Definitely will be watching it next fall. Moreover I even like the idea to have half-year rest in between this and next episodes.
Mar 30, 2009 8:35 AM

Aug 2007
Overall just meh... barely paid attention to the first half. I knew there was a second season so obviously nothing would get wrapped up. I hate the fact that the cliffhangers have me interested.

6/10

Season 2 only gets a watch if nothing else during the fall catches my eye
Mar 30, 2009 8:54 AM

Aug 2007
I never knew there was a second season coming...I thought that it was weird that they crammed so much into one episode.lol. Yayoi is definitely a bad influence...

7/10
Mar 30, 2009 11:59 AM

Mar 2008
Really big fat cliffhanger.

I liked this episode. Overall show was enjoyable for what it is.

7/10 from me so far and see you for sure in 6 months.
Mar 30, 2009 12:35 PM

Jan 2008
i actually liked this last episode. However the series as a whole was such a fail that im not gonna watch the 2nd season.
Mar 30, 2009 1:14 PM
Dec 2007
This episode was slightly interesting, but I fail to understand how a series that had been good in terms of animation in the first 12 episodes can fail so much in the last episode (unless it's intentional, but I don't see why). Even the direction was average. Still, a strange but somewhat fun series, so I scored it 7/10 for now and I'm moderately waiting for the second season.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 30, 2009 2:29 PM

Aug 2008
Well, the end is good. It's not a big deal but well done. Seems Touya's going to end alone... Is there really a season 2 ?

Mar 30, 2009 3:35 PM

Mar 2008
Ukato said:
Well, the end is good. It's not a big deal but well done. Seems Touya's going to end alone... Is there really a season 2 ?

Of course. Didn't you read the message at the end? "See you next winter!"
Mar 30, 2009 6:01 PM

Jun 2007
AntiDentite said:
DeathfireD said:
Also is Mana a member of that girls singing group? The manager is her mom and her mom mentioned that one of the girls where missing. Was it mana? She kind of looks like one of those snotty girls anyway.

The girl she mentioned is Matsuyama Menou, who is the Yayoi-lookalike Touya met outside the concert hall.

Ahh that was my second guess haha. Is she related to Yayoi?
Mar 30, 2009 6:06 PM

Jul 2008
pretty good ending to the first season, but that ending makes me really want to see the next season now! what happened to touya's father? probably injured, or hertattacked or something like that
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Mar 30, 2009 8:36 PM

Aug 2008
I liked it (the 1st season), but nothing special really ( = 7).
The first episode just pumped me up alot I guess, and then it quickly lost the feeling.

De-JaY said:
Faust721 said:
decent end to the first season i guess.

Well, actually that wasn't a real end. Even for a first season. ^^"

Wrapped up Mana made me lol

No it wasn't... It was more like it was a 20-episode anime that got cut in half for budget or time constraints.
Oh and I immediately thought of Haruhi when I saw that shot. Blame the Tsundere effect xD
Mar 30, 2009 9:17 PM
Jul 2008
DeathfireD said:
AntiDentite said:
DeathfireD said:
Also is Mana a member of that girls singing group? The manager is her mom and her mom mentioned that one of the girls where missing. Was it mana? She kind of looks like one of those snotty girls anyway.

The girl she mentioned is Matsuyama Menou, who is the Yayoi-lookalike Touya met outside the concert hall.

Ahh that was my second guess haha. Is she related to Yayoi?

I don't know about that. I'm just going off her listing in the credits.
Mar 30, 2009 10:45 PM

Nov 2007
wrapped up mana reminds me of like a chibi penguin suit that they wear.

i loved how touya denied yayoi this time. "so cold' lol. and lmao at when akira slammed into haruka's bike. hilarious. i almost expected one of them to be hit.

and why the hell did she buy him a phone, he has one already.
Mar 30, 2009 10:55 PM

Jul 2007
KInda weird ending as if they were hiding some big event in the 2nd season, anyways kinda bored me this episode, not much enjoyment in this one.
Mar 30, 2009 11:25 PM

Mar 2008
crazy_eights said:
i loved how touya denied yayoi this time. "so cold' lol.
I also thought this was pretty hilarious.

crazy_eights said:
and why the hell did she buy him a phone, he has one already.
Actually, she bought him a phone with an answering machine (the same one she has - couple with a matching pair of phones *lol*), in order for her to at least be able to leave him a message when he isn't there (which actually happened pretty much always when she tried to get a hold of him throughout the show). Let's recall that this is 198x where an answering machine was still not that common.
ForeverMar 30, 2009 11:30 PM
Mar 31, 2009 2:40 AM

Nov 2007
One thing I learned from this show, answering machines were important things to have back in the 80s.
Mar 31, 2009 6:12 PM

Oct 2008
They didn't tell you much in the end.
Yuki's song was beautiful.Wrapped up Mana made me laugh,she looked like a penguin.They're right.The blank pages within us have yet to be filled.
Mar 31, 2009 7:10 PM

Jan 2008
White Album started off really nicely, but then it's gone kinda downhill, getting better again in the last few eps or so.

6/10 from me, would be one point lower if there wasn't a character like Yayoi, but thanks to her it stays with 6 and not 5/10.
Apr 1, 2009 12:37 AM

Jul 2008
I think this was a pretty decent way to end the first season. In the beginning, it felt more like the end of the series completely, but then the second half reminded me of all the questions left unanswered. I was happy to see Yuki's song do well during the concert and then to see Touya pretty much choose her officially. He finally denied that skank of a manager she has.

Overall, I'll give this series a 7 since Touya finally came around to his senses at the end. That score may be lowered or higher depending on the next half.
Apr 1, 2009 9:00 AM
Nov 2007
I actually got caught of it and so it was a good first season and It looks like the second season is going to be intense and exciting so I'm hoping it's going to get good the next season........
Anyway overall it was ok so 7/10 for me..........
Apr 1, 2009 11:17 AM

May 2008
De-JaY said:

Wrapped up Mana made me lol

so cute. and how about the girl at the start of the episode? the goddess of the day.. do we see a foreshadowing? and no Rina and Touya screentime =(
Apr 1, 2009 10:34 PM

Dec 2007
Well, the story starts out very nicely as I expected, but as each episode goes, harem sometimes is there, no matter what, even worse, Touya is stupid enough to see Yuki, Rina, Haruka, Mana, and Misaki’s feeling toward to him and won’t let the problems go, and he doesn’t know what he does with it because he fails to figure out with their emotion immediately, obviously. Overall, White Album is decent, yet I will watch the second season in Fall 2009. I hope that second season keeps me interested more if the story is written well and the director keeps with it; otherwise, the rating would not more than seven or more because of the first season. While my complaint is characters only, I don’t have any comments on this one. I expected the ending on that series is not good, but still, its decent end, not real end instead.
Apr 2, 2009 4:28 AM

Oct 2007
The last episode was easily the best of the whole season. Finally some music and singing with the concert in the start and some great lol moments with Mana afterwards.

Overall this gets a 7/10 for being only remotely interesting and only a few really likeable characters. Animation was top notch tho, I have to admit. Also, I'm still a little curious as to how the second season will be.

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
Apr 2, 2009 6:45 PM

Dec 2007
I won't have the patience to wait till next winter...
Apr 3, 2009 1:52 PM

Nov 2007
About halfway through the ep, I was wondering how they'd wrap it up in so little time. Meh. Pity, since this episode was about the only one that made me wonder what's going to happen next. But the animation quality was terrible lately.
Touya is a jerk and should get dumped by Yuki. He can get together with Yayoi-san if he wants.
Apr 3, 2009 6:27 PM

Nov 2007
Misaki and Akira ran out of gas ... hmm, symbolism there?

I'm not sure if I want to continue with the second season or not -- there were many moments where I screamed at the characters, but there were also some very (unintentionally?) amusing bits as well.

To be honest, I don't really want to see anyone stuck with Touya in the end, though.

[avatar from Tales of the Abyss]
Apr 4, 2009 5:13 AM

Jan 2008
Oh god, I face palmed so many times through out the series that I lost count.
TBH I really thought this show was actually pretty good when I first started watching it, but somewhere halfway, it just got bad to worse.
Apr 4, 2009 5:43 AM

May 2008
Senna said:

Yeah, it ended even before it started.
They ran out of gas even before they reached where they were going.
Apr 5, 2009 1:21 AM

Mar 2009
misaki never liked Akira in the first place

Apr 5, 2009 1:27 AM

Aug 2008
canephalanx said:
Senna said:

I guess we can wait and see the outcome on season two. However, my hunch is that those two won't make it.

Apr 5, 2009 1:32 AM

Mar 2009
yatsushiro said:
canephalanx said:
Senna said:

I guess we can wait and see the outcome on season two. However, my hunch is that those two won't make it.

well that is obvious

Apr 5, 2009 1:14 PM

Oct 2008
White Album: The beginning has ended...

Nonetheless, the anime comes to an end... It will continue this winter, December 2009 maybe? I wonder what will become of Touya and Yuki... What about Ogata Rina and Mizuki Mana? Hmmm.... A very interesting anime, yet I have to wait another 6 months.
Apr 7, 2009 11:07 PM

Jan 2008
Interesting animu, I love the direction factor and well, some characters. At begining, boring, but at the end, interesting. I'll wait for the next season :D.
Apr 8, 2009 12:24 AM

Jan 2009
Kira01 said:
White Album: The beginning has ended...

Nonetheless, the anime comes to an end... It will continue this winter, December 2009 maybe? I wonder what will become of Touya and Yuki... What about Ogata Rina and Mizuki Mana? Hmmm.... A very interesting anime, yet I have to wait another 6 months.

One question----------->How do you know about Shinozuka and who she works for?
I thought it was Eiji who she worked for?
Apr 8, 2009 2:12 AM

Jul 2007
Not a bad ending. I think I'll give the second season a try when it airs.
Apr 9, 2009 7:54 AM

Jun 2007
Despite some flaws and annoyances, I actually enjoyed this series. My favourite thing about it in particular was how it highlighted the pathetic frailties of human nature. All of the characters had their own personal motivations that clashed with those of others, creating some interesting dilemmas.

I do not claim to be a master of human behaviour, but (with a few exceptions) most of the characters behaved in a fairly realistic manner. This may not be apparent at first, which creates a lot of 'What the hell?' moments, but when you actually look at the characters motivations and aims and how they compare to those of the others, you start to see things a little more clearly. Most of the time.There were still some rather ridiculous spouts of behaviour, but then again, humanity isn't known for being the paradigm of order and structure.

This would probably be a six, but for some reason I really liked the art style, so I think I will (albeit generously) push this up to a seven. I am interested in the next season, although I'm not exactly dying to see it. I can wait.
Your search on "Oran Solus" returned the following quotes:
"Oran Solus? I know him. What a wanker. He still owes me a tenner." Oscar Wilde
"Oran, you're so intelligent and awesome <3" Bakayaro
"Oran's sexy." LolitaDecay
"Oran is a sophisticated penguin." Drybananna
"Oran is a Hand-Eye you faggots." EddieSpaghetti
"Oran for Prime Minister." the_prime_one
"Oran is all that is stated in his sig and more." orbitzz

Apr 22, 2009 7:19 AM

Aug 2008
I guess it ended alright.. A lot of stuff going on in the end. I always feel bad for Yuki when she calls Touya and there never is an answer.
Also got confused with the speach after Yuki's concert @.@ The god of Music?
Anyway, I guess I'll be checking out the second series in the Fall as well.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » White Album Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AkariChan - Jan 20, 2009

70 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 17, 11:07 PM

Poll: » White Album Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

sniW - Jan 10, 2009

80 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 17, 12:37 PM

Poll: » White Album Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

sniW - Jan 3, 2009

109 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 17, 12:32 PM

Poll: » White Album Episode 8 Discussion

patient_senses - Mar 31, 2009

22 by Daninokuni »»
Sep 12, 2023 1:35 AM

Poll: » White Album Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Sonja - Feb 8, 2009

57 by Daninokuni »»
Sep 5, 2023 1:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.