Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 30, 2014 1:02 AM
Dec 2013
I ask because it says it basically will determine the phone number and device IDs, whether a call is active and the remote number connected by a call. It also says it will determine my location. Why would it need to do any of that? (I'm new to smart phones so yeah if this is just a normal thing, tell me)
Jan 30, 2014 1:26 AM

Jul 2013
just don't use it
Jan 30, 2014 1:29 AM

Jan 2014
Don't be mistaken, your phone location will ALWAYS be trackable as long as it's emitting a Wifi signal. However, this app's 'requirements' look rather sketchy. I wouldn't use it.
Jan 30, 2014 1:38 AM
Dec 2013
Alright thanks guys. But do you guys know of any other good anime android apps besides crunchyroll? I don't really like crunchy roll because of how small the selection is, in my opinion. I want to be able to watch anime like K-On!, Higurashi, Clannad, and stuff.
Jan 30, 2014 1:51 AM

Jan 2014
Level_VII said:
Alright thanks guys. But do you guys know of any other good anime android apps besides crunchyroll? I don't really like crunchy roll because of how small the selection is, in my opinion. I want to be able to watch anime like K-On!, Higurashi, Clannad, and stuff.

If I could recommend an anime-watching app, I would use the Animewaffles app. Great quality streamplayers most of the time and most popular shows can be found there. All menu's are easy to navigate through and it also has a forum, IF you are also looking for that. :)
Jan 30, 2014 1:58 AM
Dec 2013
Yhuuro said:
Level_VII said:

If I could recommend an anime-watching app, I would use the Animewaffles app. Great quality streamplayers most of the time and most popular shows can be found there. All menu's are easy to navigate through and it also has a forum, IF you are also looking for that. :)

I can't seem to find it. Is it not on android? Or would I have to use the site?
Jan 30, 2014 2:15 AM

Jan 2014
Level_VII said:
Yhuuro said:
Level_VII said:

Oh sorry I explained it wrong. Yes, you will need to open the site itself, but I do think think it's worth it. My apologies.
Jan 30, 2014 2:16 AM
Dec 2013
Yhuuro said:
Level_VII said:
Yhuuro said:
Level_VII said:

Oh sorry I explained it wrong. Yes, you will need to open the site itself, but I do think think it's worth it. My apologies.

Sadly it says I can't watch it and has a watermark that says it's available on the iPhone or something like that. Thanks anyway. I found another site that I could use.
Jan 30, 2014 2:28 AM

Jan 2014
That's unfortunate. The site was working on my Ipad and Iphone so i assumed another version was also developed for Android. Oh well, glad to hear you found a site that does work.
YhuuroJan 30, 2014 2:39 AM
Apr 16, 2016 12:19 PM
May 2015
Location permissions is to get ads that are in your main language. If you are afraid of this and still want to use app you can use my version. I removed ads and location permission and other not needed permissions. Link to my version https://www.dropbox.com/s/btchwgsaqmfud4x/%23Animania.v.7.8.b.78.Permissions.Removed.apk?dl=0 If you are afraid of using my version, just download LuckyPatcher and remove permissions from apk. I know I'm late but this can help other users.
Apr 16, 2016 3:59 PM
Jul 2018
You can watch anime online through your phone instead, most smartphones can support videos on streaming sites like gogoanime, kissanime, etc. no need to even download an app.
Apr 24, 2016 10:47 AM
Apr 2016
I'm using Toonmania which is from the same dev (and watch manga with it) and with Android 6 I can adjust permission per app. So far the app did not ask any permission.
I'm not a dev or cannot confirm the app is safe, but I don't feel it's a malware.
Because you get a video ad for each episode (and cannot skip it), I think they do their money like this and don't need to be "evil" to get more money. But then I can be wrong.
Apr 24, 2016 10:54 AM

Nov 2011
if you're going legit, just use the official apps, or watch the series through the browser
otherwise, use a media player you can trust, instead of relying on random anime-themed apps.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Apr 24, 2016 11:02 AM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
Funny how one of you should get a golden shovel award and others should get "I don't give af about reading posts" award.
Apr 27, 2016 9:58 PM
Apr 2016
#animania and the anime mobile. You don't even need to enter your number. This app has the largest anime content. It is because it gets links from website like gogoanime and anime44 an etc. Every time you see an anroid version of the anime streaming website and and animania will be it. Plus #animania also has animation like rwby, heavy metal, and many more. Then lastly the ads is how they maintain the app and besides it is just a 15-30 sec video. You will see how good it is if you tried it. And one more thing they have uncensored versions of anime too. The only thing is that the app is very specific like guilty crown is categorized of non-romance but it is.
Sep 23, 2018 1:39 AM

Jul 2017
Don't use Animania as what the majority here has said.

More topics from this board

» How often do you rewatch anime?

Destinesia - 6 hours ago

14 by DesuMaiden »»
23 seconds ago

» Is it ok to finish anime you don't enjoy ?

Alpha_1_Zero - 1 hour ago

17 by DesuMaiden »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you tend to watch newer seasonal shows, or older shows?

Akuya - Apr 17

48 by DesuMaiden »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » Does your first ever favourite anime(s) still holds a place in your favs?

NubFix - Yesterday

41 by Zayvex »»
3 minutes ago

» Anime Clubs in College

Peach_Main - 3 hours ago

8 by DesuMaiden »»
4 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.