Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 18, 2009 1:05 PM

Oct 2007
The last episode is good and and is kind of empty compared to series-ending episodes without a sequel. You can tell that there's going to be another season but this time, seems like it's not only going to be set in just Japan. It might be a World RideBack Competition or something.

I gave it a 7/10 because the middle was really boring and uneventful which takes a huge hit on the 12-episode series.
Apr 20, 2009 12:10 PM

Sep 2008
The last episode just too beautiful for me. I wanna give this show 6-7 before wattch the last eps, because i think this show so poor in pacing.
but after watch the finale i give this show 9/10.
Rin just too Great XD
Apr 22, 2009 5:47 AM

Jan 2008
That was a nice ending with her final dance in remembrance to Suzuri.
A fine show overall with great animation quality, if only it wasn't plague with poor story execution :/
May 3, 2009 6:48 AM

May 2008
Disappointed with the ending but exhilirated with the dance.
May 15, 2009 8:00 PM

Jun 2008
I'm satisfied with this series. I haven't got anything to say about the animation, was very good. The story stayed simple yet interesting to the very end, not relying on false epicness nor extreme coolness.

The girl found herself, once again.

Good show. 7/10.
May 16, 2009 4:40 PM

Nov 2008
Very average, clicheed plot. It's quite a pity that such a ridiculous mecha anime had to be diminished by the silly mecha designs even though the animation was top notch.
Jun 15, 2009 11:58 PM

May 2008
I agree with the cliched plot, but the ending redeemed itself. In too many animes the series ends with a "heartbreaking sacrifice" that normally comes out too corny to be taken seriously. In the end Rin won the battle with her own special talents and survived to return to friends and family, and that's what a good ending is all about. Save the angst and heartbreak for the emo clan, that's what ruined the end of too many series to count. This was one of the good ones, and the combination of old school and cgi animation was outstanding!
Aug 7, 2009 9:55 AM

May 2008
It was a good show, but there was too much left unexplained, such as the motives and purposes of the military characters. This for me sets it at a 7, rather than an 8 or possibly 9.
Sep 20, 2009 9:42 AM
Jul 2009
I liked it. :)

Too short though :(
Oct 16, 2009 7:59 PM

Jun 2009
She was dancing beautifully at the end....

8/10 for ending and this series...

I think S2 not needed,,,
Dec 4, 2009 12:54 AM

Apr 2008
It was really disappointing; Fuego was at its limit but her kimochis touched its kokoro and it revived -something like that. There only one thing to say: Wtf. It was mechanically damaged, not out of love-power. Come on!

Also, it was great that the fangirl of the lead died. I just hated her so f#cking much. She was useless, unreasonable positive and never stopped talking with that high-pitched voice of hers.

What about the rest? They were clichés not even worth mentioning. I'd have loved it if the show didn't try to get too serious; all the drama from the war -they didn't even showed us- and the new resourceful guy on the block with a black past and cowardly behaviour who everyone hates. meh.
// Hearts are wasted, lives are broken.
Jan 1, 2010 3:13 PM

Sep 2009
It wasnt really bad, but wasnt too good either.
For this kind of anime there should have been more action, more Rin on Fuego, and an armed Fuego at the end :P

7/10 imo
No sig :(
Jan 1, 2010 4:14 PM

Jun 2008
Algirdyz said:
It wasnt really bad, but wasnt too good either.
For this kind of anime there should have been more action, more Rin on Fuego, and an armed Fuego at the end :P

7/10 imo
IMO, it's should have been much longer. Twelve episodes didn't do the story justice. I would have liked to have seen more racing, more of Rin learning about Fuego, more about the secondary characters.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Jan 6, 2010 8:05 AM
Feb 2009
okay yh i liked the dance at the end, the chase was a good way to build the tension but there's still unanswered questions

- what the heck happened between kiefer and that romanov* guy?
*i cant remember the name ...
- why did the woman shoot him down? what was she planning?
- and lastly, i don't know if it's just me who didn't fully understand the ending but did fuego break as in permanently?
and oh yh, she looked as if she'd return to dance/ballet but it's not clear?

overall, it was a disappointment for me. i loved the beginning but then as i kept watching, i kept skipping because of the gloomy, i'm so depressed bits. i can understand building the tension but the eps used for that was just too long. i mean come on she didn't even get to ride on fuego for more than 5 times. anyways, i'll look at it on the bright side by blaming the length of the anime. it just didn't do the anime justice.
Jan 7, 2010 7:07 PM

Jun 2008
kawaii_kittie said:
okay yh i liked the dance at the end, the chase was a good way to build the tension but there's still unanswered questions

- what the heck happened between kiefer and that romanov* guy?
*i cant remember the name ...
- why did the woman shoot him down? what was she planning?
- and lastly, i don't know if it's just me who didn't fully understand the ending but did fuego break as in permanently?
and oh yh, she looked as if she'd return to dance/ballet but it's not clear?
Rin could never return to dancing, except in a teaching role, because of her career ending ballet injuries. In a way Fuego was an extension of her dancing.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Jan 7, 2010 8:12 PM

Jul 2008
Who the fuck was Kenji? What just happened? Who were the army guys? This anime is an anime that I could brush off if it was made by Gonzo, but no this is a Madhouse anime. My god, what just happened? An anime that was so great and awesome in the first 3 episodes went to the hellhole. Those three episodes really saved it from being completely terrible.
Apr 10, 2010 6:07 AM

Sep 2008
Enjoyed it... It was a good ending. It must just be me, but I wanted to see a little more of Fuego actually dancing - seems like we got a lot of shots of Rin's face. The music in some places in this episode was really fantastic... Although I am slightly annoyed that it feels like so many things were left "out there"...

So... it was rushed by enjoyable nevertheless. I'll probably end up sticking with an 8/10 for this.
Apr 13, 2010 8:17 AM

Jun 2009
The show suffered from a lack of flexibility with its number of episodes. 11-13 episodes are usually only suitable for slice of genres. Rideback's development team had to toy with Rin's life on one hand and the politics of the GGP on the other and neither side of the story was developed in the end.

I wasn't impressed because the series wasn't able to impart anything remarkably intelligent nor did it bother to flesh out the characters.

Had they opted for a 20+ number of episodes, I believe Rideback would've turned out differently.
Apr 27, 2010 6:03 PM

Aug 2009
I enjoyed this show, an overall fun watch imo, 8/10.

Jun 28, 2010 9:53 PM

Oct 2007
It's not fighting, it's dancing~! (extreme violently)

BS, gtfo.
Oct 8, 2010 7:04 AM

Apr 2010
Great dance. I'm a little satisfied with the ending, rating it 8.5/10.
Nov 8, 2010 11:34 PM

Oct 2008
RideBack was a very good series for me to watch.
I liked how it wasn't about "there's this tournament and you have you win it" and I very much liked the terrorist element.
This series has very very good animation, but at times the pacing was very slow.
The last episode ok - it lacked something though.
My final rating for this series is 8/10.
May 17, 2011 4:19 AM

Feb 2008
this was an excellent series up until the 3rd episode or so when they totally abandoned the sport angle. If they had just made it a racing anime or a sport similar to skateboarding/skiboarding/etc instead of a halfassed political drama then it could have been an excellent series period. As it is, this is trash, a complete waste of my time and a total betrayal of the series potential. There were so many things wrong with series, but it would take too long to list them all and would just turn into a rant, suffice it to say that I disliked/hated about 80% of the series, 4/10

sandreen said:
I agree that there were a lot of things left out, though. Like, for example, I don't understand why the girl from the "evil" side killed Romanof in the end.
Politics, if you were paying attention to her expressions then you'll realize that she was simply giving him enough rope to hang himself with so that she could justify killing him for some unspecified political gain.
Jun 1, 2011 12:17 PM
Feb 2008
Final episode felt random especially when Goblin saves Rin dodges gunfire, an explosion and some other shit. The issue between the 3 soldiers was kinda vague and I love how Fuego suddenly was able to negate the droid gun fire and get possessed by Rin's mother's spirit/ the power of dance,etc

Pretty fucking retarded. show had a lot of potential but kinda wasted it. MAybe the manga is better but none has seemed to scan and translte beyond the opening chapeters....
Jun 7, 2011 5:40 PM
Dec 2009
ended weak, beginning was great, had a lot of potential, but they let it go to waste. I really want to give an 8, but this is a 7, w/e I'm going to give it an 8 since its good enough to make me watch it in one day.
tag©.androgynous
Jul 10, 2011 10:09 PM

Mar 2009
A good series, but it could have been better.

The ending left a few things unanswered, and we could have used more historical detail on what actually happened back in the battle of Arizona, and how the Fuego Ridebacks were developed and what made them so special.

In any case, I enjoyed the unique aspects of the series (dancer piloting a Rideback, etc...) which were enough to keep me interested.

8/10 for me.
Jan 6, 2012 3:29 AM

Mar 2009
Overall it was a letdown. The first few episodes were interesting though.
Jan 6, 2012 5:57 PM

Jun 2009
kie_ said:
To the guys who say that they should focus on the racing. I think you've missed point of the show. Rin is a dancer, not a racer nor a soldier. So that's why she was dancing at the end.

I disagree. From the first few episodes it gave the impression that Rin only did dancing because she was following her mothers dream. Then when she got the injury it made her rethink her path and wonder what she really wanted. So discovering ridebacks felt like her true calling with dancing acting as a talent to help her excel in it. So I thought it would be about Rin learning to live her own life instead of following her mothers. And honestly that would have made for the more interesting story instead of this highly questionable political crap.

It should have stuck to racing as it killed itself by trying to bite off more than it could chew. It made the same mistake Air gear made.

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Jan 11, 2012 3:02 PM

Aug 2008
meh this show started great but ended as disappointment they should made it racing anime.
Mar 12, 2012 10:22 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
7/10 to the show. Had quite some flaws in story and characters story.. but overall it was quite unique and interesting story..
Nov 22, 2012 9:43 PM

Nov 2011
A meh series overall tbh. I thought it would be more than just about the Ridebacks but became some of a crime/cat-and-mouse chase. Oh well, it was only 12 episodes and Rin is pretty so I don't mind.

I'll miss her somewhat:

May 5, 2013 8:43 AM

Mar 2009
Excellent animation but I didn't get the ending. Did Rin dance the White Riders to death? Just what happened there? And I agree that there are still some unanswered questions left.
Still, I enjoyed this anime and I liked Rin, so..I give it a 8 out of 10.
May 22, 2013 3:29 PM

May 2012
That was a touching and great way to finish of the series, enough of action, emotion and just an amazing dance all combined in a nice round up of the story! Wouldn't mind to see something for attached to the story like a future look of what happens to them and to her!

I quite enjoyed this anime, it had great development of story and character, combined with great visuals and sometimes even a tragic/dramatic item in the story it really made a nice whole!

Loved it and I'm glad I finally managed to watch it! 9/10
Aug 29, 2013 10:27 PM

Jan 2013
6.75/10
Started out great but got worse.
Mar 30, 2014 2:50 AM

May 2011
at least it managed to get back to its starting point. Rin's passion for dancing, combined with her newfound love for Fuego. 8/10
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

Apr 6, 2014 8:27 AM

Aug 2013
Started off great, amazing actually. Then we started seeing less riding and more political stuff, it all went downhill from there. Maybe if this was 2-cour they could have fleshed out the characters more to actually make me care about what and why stuff happened to them.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 20, 2014 12:48 PM

Feb 2011
I liked the ending and how it came full circle with Rin's dancing, but overall, the series as a whole left me wanting. As others have already mentioned, there was some drag in the middle with Rin's depression and there were quite a few things that I would have liked to know more about, such as more of an explanation on Goblin, Keifer, and Romanov's past. It also really bothered me that after she was arrested, her brother dropped out of existence except for the brief shot of him in this last episode. His character existed solely as a way for her to get caught.

Not bad, but nothing spectacular for me.
Aug 1, 2014 10:55 PM

Feb 2013
Decent, fitting ending... Rin "danced" with Fuego.

Kinda sucks we didn't get another race.

Overall, good anime. (7/10)
Feb 14, 2015 11:00 AM

Mar 2010
This is what I expected from a very short series.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 23, 2016 4:28 AM

Jul 2008
The ending was better but there was so much fluff in the middle episodes that the series seemed like it went off track for too long. There was a rush job to most of the plot points, but I still enjoyed it.

Not enough Rin on Fuego.

Can't go higher than a 6/10.
Apr 3, 2016 1:49 PM
Mar 2008
Well, this one surprised me a bit. Yeah, i have to admit, in the beginning i thought that RideBack was indeed going to be a racing anime maybe in the terms of IGPX or Future GPX, so i asked myself whats up with the government story and such. But quickly i saw that it wasnt about racing or something, so i had to rethink what i watched until episode 3 and view the Anime from another light and that made RideBack way better.
No, i dont think it should be a racing anime at all. What it should be is indeed what it showed with Rin and Fuego in the middle.
The problem here is that it was a bit too rushed, Ride Back would be able to include more details to the story and characters with 24 episodes instead of just 12. Therefore, the story looks a bit messy with some characters that where one-dimensional or some that did questionable things.
BUT, and this is what RideBack did great, the story and characters felt real. Yeah, coincidence over coincidence sometimes but even that i can buy and didnt felt forced.
Rin was a great character and, yeah, the most deep one. Especially Okakura was very interesting and the idea with RideBacks was very cool. But again, sadly this suffers a bit because of the 12 episodes only.
For the rest, i think Madhouse did a wonderful job in terms of music and animation as well making the action exciting. This could be easily a 9/10 for me, but since the story and some developed characters suffered a bit, i have to go down to 8/10.
Still, this was a pleasant surprise.
May 8, 2016 8:32 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
Bye bye Rin and the Amazing Skirt!!
The ending was nice with a good destruction dance and Boob Soldier Woman shooting Bad Man and getting her promotion in the military command. I actually enjoyed several of the minor characters more than the MC so that was unusual for me. Not a bad series to eat a lot of popcorn so it ends with 7/10.
Jul 28, 2016 10:52 PM

Sep 2013
The first few episodes were the best part of the show and it kind of lost its way after that. I really enjoyed it overall still. I hope more people give it a chance!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Oct 11, 2016 11:21 PM

Mar 2012
Eh, felt this was quite boring. Honestly, the premise of the mecha designs in this show would have made for a decent racing show like it started out as, even if it would have been somewhat of an IGPX clone in that regard, still would have been less cliche and less boring than what this turned out to be....

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Mar 17, 2017 10:55 AM

Apr 2009
Only the first episode is interesting in this show.

Too much plot holes and everything. Much better if they just focused on the racing thingy than those terrorists and Potato nose's past.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 15, 2019 2:51 AM
Jul 2018
well that was another disappointing episode lead to disappointing end to this niche as heck show. Seriously I wanted to love this but really had hard time to appreciate this as the show progressed rather more typical way. I have to admit it approached with very unique premise to the point it was hard to tell if it had potential but ultimately it didn't deliver much and most of wow-factor it had came off too plain and didn't took much risk as original show (it vastly deviate from manga from very first episode). The staff and the studio was great but really makes me curious why they didn't follow the manga which had kind of darker tone.

Overall I really find it difficult to appreciate whatever theme the show delivered.
May 19, 2019 7:08 PM

Dec 2013
An overall disappointing series, after a solid first 3 episodes. What a shame that the series' initial premise and themes got so muddled with the military plot.
Matsuoka Yoshitsugu has hardly any range as a voice actor, and is grossly over-cast.

Yeah. I said it.
Jan 19, 2021 9:36 PM

Aug 2017
Rin may be one of the best things to come out of this anime, her character is well written and quite comprehensible since the first scene until the end. Only issue I have with the ending is they never explained what happened to BMA and Kiefer at the end. The cast is small but they're important when it comes to the plot unlike Munto from this season, so many characters and less time.

7/10 for the anime.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 6, 2021 2:06 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Damn that dance part on the RideBack was sure really emotional, it was a good way to end it!
Sep 10, 2021 1:57 PM

Mar 2013
I was so disappointed when I saw Rin having a panty shot while she dances on air in this last episode while the previous episodes doesn't have them and that's what it should be. I would have preferred they didn't add unnecessary fan service, for the attraction is more from the Rideback and its partner's skills.

There were a bit more needed to be polished, I remembered loving the previous episodes but from these last episodes seems unnatural, kinda felt rushed I suppose and unmoving for my eyes as the audience of how they should portray Rin's character/skills.

While there were some disappointing facts, I still love Rin's character. I will miss her boldness, sweetness and her new attitude on her new found love for Ridebacks.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» I am so disappointed by this show

Dorothea - Mar 22, 2009

10 by DishonoredRonin »»
Nov 26, 2023 3:48 PM

Poll: » RideBack Episode 11 Discussion

Beave - Mar 24, 2009

43 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 6, 2023 12:14 PM

Poll: » RideBack Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

WaterLily - Mar 16, 2009

87 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 6, 2023 11:44 AM

Poll: » RideBack Episode 9 Discussion

Beave - Mar 10, 2009

35 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 6, 2023 11:11 AM

Poll: » RideBack Episode 8 Discussion

WaterLily - Mar 8, 2009

38 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 6, 2023 10:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.