Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Black Butler
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Nov 20, 2009 1:41 PM

Nov 2008
I think that not showing Sebastian's true form was a right thing to do. If his true form was anyhow silly or something it will disgrace him..Besides it's a technique to carve curiosity into your heart. Ciel's death was also elegantly accomplished.
Somehow I still felt sad about that. I thought there would be a twist or something of that Sebastian would have spared him, but oh well....
Dec 18, 2009 12:11 PM

Aug 2008
awesome <3 not perfetc but i'm still amazed by that episode.
i enjoyed so much Sebastian's fight and how he changed his form, what a pity that we didn;t see how he looks like because there was to much feather.
i liked the moment when Ciel was falling down and the light appeared .
the end ... well accually we see that it;s not 100% ending, it hides a secret.

ima waiting for 2nd season
Dec 23, 2009 6:46 PM
OG Rewriter

Aug 2009
indeed. the second season will be awesome.

that scene with Sebastian killing Ash should've been called "How to Kill an Angel in Ten Seconds" haha XD

And I wanted to see his true form! AHHHH!!!! but all i could make out was a "possible" goatee and hooker boots. Still, pretty awesome tho.

And I wanna kno where Sebastian took Ciel, cuz the credits since episode 14 showed Sebastian ferrying the boat to some unknown location, and Ciel looked dead, but now that I've seen the last episode I kno why it showed that, and it looked as if Ciel was going to his own funeral, so to speak. Which in a way he was.

Also, I think the first OP (maybe the second too) showed Ciel "seemingly" dying on that same stone bench he "died" on in this episode, but then again we dont rlly kno what happened to Ciel, but its implied his soul was devoured. (but who knows, theres a second season coming out in January, so maybe he didnt? I can hope lol) So much stuff about the final episode was mixed in throughout the openings and closings of the anime, and i realized it when I saw that final scene.

On the note of Ciel's demise, if he didnt die, then the terms of the contract werent met (in exchange for exacting revenge his soul gets devoured) and he'll just have to die some other time if it wasnt in episode 24, unless there's a loophole in the contract.....
-renn-Dec 23, 2009 9:42 PM
Dec 26, 2009 11:34 AM

Apr 2009
astronomical said:
That was a beautiful ending.
If Ciel hadn't died it woul not have been the same.
Oh man, I olmost cried at the end~
That was so satisfying.
10/10 <3
yep, I'm with you on that one.

I haven't read the manga, so I can't compare it with the anime, but I loved the anime all the same. There was no evident plot (for me,at least) from the beginning and it took me a larger number of episodes to comprehend it compared to other anime I've seen. There were a number of episodes and elements which seemed out of place and/or not part of the story, but these last few episodes skyrocketed. And I really loved the ending. I didn't feel it was rushed, or drawn out. It felt right, and that surprised me because I've very rarely seen/read stories where the climax was so close to the ending and the ending remained as good as the anime. I half-expected thisanime to end that way, just because the previous episodes often seemed all over the place.

But the ending was really good in my opinion. I would have really liked to see Sebastian's real form, and find out more of the background, but I think the ending is good in that they didn't show any of these things. If they showed Sebastian's true form, there would be a number of people complaining and saying that they expected more. And if they had more on the background of the characters and/or the story itself, it really would seem rushed.

Kohei_no_kimi said:
I've just finished the anime and I'm really disapointed.
The ending was somewhat good because of Ciel's death but the whole serie was full of stupid and meaningless episodes.
The characters were not developped enought... pfss...
Even at the end, they coudn't even make the effort to let us see Sebastian's true form.
In my opinion, it was not at all for letting us imagine his true form, the ending was simply at the image of the serie : incomplete and unexploited.
I don't feel that way, but maybe that's the whole point. I think this anime was a lot like real life would be. After all, does everything in your life happen in order, like the events of some masterpiece novel, all so carefully planeed out and coming together perfectly, all the detales fitting so nicely, everyhting being explained... no. In life, things are both unpredictable and, even to the point of being painful, predictable. Things go neither in a line or a pattern. They're just all over the place. And there are always questions that still have no answer to them, and there always will be, until the end. So I say that the ending was complete, in it's own way, and fitting really well with the anime.
RulenneClarissaDec 26, 2009 11:40 AM
Dec 28, 2009 9:27 AM
OG Rewriter

Aug 2009
like i said, the last episode is a tearjerker

and this may be a stupid question

but Tanaka was writing in his diary in the ruins of the mansion, and the servants were "alive at that time"

so my question is.....where is Tanaka?

if the servants are alive, does that mean Tanaka is too? (i kno he's a servant) or just the ones that were sent to kill Pluto?

ive been wondering that for a few days now
Dec 29, 2009 10:24 PM

Apr 2009
Man. I liked the ending but i HOPE WITH ALL MY HEART that the manga doesn't end the same way.

If there's one thing I can say for the manga over the anime, it's that, despite it darkness, it's more cheerful overall than the anime.

Jan 1, 2010 11:09 AM

Apr 2009
I wish Ciel will still be alive on Season 2, not Sebastian serving another "master". :/
Jan 1, 2010 12:56 PM

Sep 2009
Well that ending was, ummm, great. It brought a few tears. I found it interesting how their relationship changed in the beginning to how it was in the end. I think part of Sebastian didn't want to collect on the deal. The look in his eyes as he was moving into Ceil gave me shivers...of the good kind. LOL

I thought they did a fairly decent job with the character development. The music helped make the atmosphere of the anime, imo. It will be interesting to see how they work the 2nd season. Here is hoping they don't trash what was a solid anime in my opinion.
Jan 4, 2010 10:51 PM
OG Rewriter

Aug 2009
Kelarie said:
Well that ending was, ummm, great. It brought a few tears. I found it interesting how their relationship changed in the beginning to how it was in the end. I think part of Sebastian didn't want to collect on the deal. The look in his eyes as he was moving into Ceil gave me shivers...of the good kind. LOL

I thought they did a fairly decent job with the character development. The music helped make the atmosphere of the anime, imo. It will be interesting to see how they work the 2nd season. Here is hoping they don't trash what was a solid anime in my opinion.

The music was awesome.
And they better not trash it :(
Jan 23, 2010 4:38 PM

Aug 2009
WHAT THE FUCK MAN? CIEL DIED AND SEBASTIAN TOOK HIS SOULD ALREADY? WHAT THE FUCK? WHAT ABOUT SECOND SEASON? THE HELL MAN. I wonder how Sebastian took Ciel's soul. Must be some kind of "Penetration" or somesort. Aaahh so Yaoi.

OKAY SO I DIDN'T SEE SEBASTIAN'S TRUE FORM. WHAT TE FUCKKKKKK, AND HERE I WAS HOPING TO SE IT EVEN IF IT'S JUST ONCE. I was like, oooh I'm going to see Sebastian's true form, but then I didn't. SIGGHH. I need to see his true form in second season.

The angel got pwned badly. Now I know if Sebastian got serious, he can pwn everyone, lol. Also, poor Elizabeth. Her fiancee died. D: Wonder if those 3 Phantomhide maids, Tanaka, and Pluto died aswell. Oh, and Ciel's father already knew that they were going to die, oh my.

I enjoyed watching this series, overall, 9.5/10. I'd give it a 10 since I like to round off numbers. <3 Oh, and those Reapers were very cool too. Finally, Greil got his scythe back!
Jan 24, 2010 3:41 AM
Nov 2008
huh wat happen?? i am lost.. so he died????? nuuuuuuuuuuu T.T....
Yeastoday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift that is why its called present.
Jan 24, 2010 8:16 AM

Jan 2010
Sooo, when is the next season supposed to start?
I could have sworn that there were more people for Ceil to get rid of other than Ash, and that would mean that the contract hadn't ended yet, right?
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
Jan 28, 2010 5:45 PM

Nov 2009
Another season would be good, but I dont see how it could start again without any other opening than "Sebastian decided not to eat Ciel's soul just yet cause he genuinely likes him", which would be ridiculous, or the contract wasnt up.
>___<
Jan 30, 2010 4:01 AM

Jan 2008
Overall not bad series but if they skipped some fillers, 13 epi would be better and more intensive. The very end was nice and satisfying, I absolutely hate happy ending twists.

The question is: Is the second season going to be sequel or Sebastian get new master? I want to see another soul, another story.
Jan 30, 2010 4:09 AM

Dec 2009
it was good. hehe :)
there's season 2 coming, ryt? O_o

iLOVEYOU;)
Feb 10, 2010 10:47 AM

Jan 2010
A fitting end. I admire the courage of the author of this serie and also the audacity of whom let this anime rate be PG+14. I mean the dark sense of revenge & hatred in a 12 years old child toward those who humiliated him is only the start. With this ending which shows that even after all that came to pass, Ceil chose revenge and call himself ‘an empty shell’ if with no hatred, then face the end of his life saying: “let this pain get carved into my soul” ; It is not an easy thing to digest for a child.
I enjoyed the last episode the most because it showed the depth of darkness in a heart of a child without trying to question his personality, his motivation. It didn’t let the viewer get the horrible idea of selling one’s soul to a daemon but it rather showed the strength of Ceil’s personality till the last of his life.
Adorable ending is what I call this.
Feb 19, 2010 10:02 PM

Jan 2010
I would have realllyyyy preferred if ceil hadn't died, and sebastian stayed his butler (only his butler, yaoi fangirls!). but, i guess not. i loved ceil and i wish he didn't have to be dismissed (my word for dead xp).
i cried, i have to admit.
and i thought the whole show had such perfect plot and killer episodes. none of them felt like serious fillers to me, though...
Mar 14, 2010 8:16 AM

Feb 2009
Sebastian was AWESOME. I wish we couldve seen him in his real form, he was just kicking that angels ass, i loved it! the feathers, the blood, amazing!

Ending scene was beautiful. One one hand i really wanted both of them to live, cus i just love their characters and i will miss them so much. but then , the ending was beauitful. the music, both of them showing their care of eachother, it was tragic but beautiful. loved it
Mar 18, 2010 4:21 AM
Jun 2009
this anime had so much potential but was ruined by having 24 eps instead of 13. Too much filler, poor development, and a rather predictable series of events made this pretty sub par.
Mar 18, 2010 11:06 PM

Feb 2010
*seeing Sebastian close to cial*
.......YAOI IMAGINATION GO SOOOO WILDY!!!!

(helpless yaoi fangirl....)
-applejackMar 18, 2010 11:09 PM
Mar 19, 2010 1:11 AM

Apr 2008
alksjdfpawoijfvklpafsodvijklfasd

Epic Series is Epic.

Marathoned it in a week.

character developement is epic.

Woulda wanted to see true form sebastian and more of epic deathgod version undertaker.
Mar 21, 2010 11:28 PM

Sep 2008
Very good last ep indeed *sniff* *sniff*
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2, 2010 8:01 AM

May 2009
Since I saw the 2nd ED, I was hoping and praying they'd have that scene in the actual show, and I'm so glad they did *.*

I didn't like the show too much in the beginning, but the second half really sucked me in. And I'm so glad they ended it the way they did instead of some sappy demon-turned-good happy ending.

Was 7/10 in the first half, but now it's either 8 or 9, can't decide.
May 27, 2010 9:20 AM
Feb 2010
That was the third time I've watched this series through, and it still moves me to tears at the end.
I just cry right the way through the second half of this episode!
May 27, 2010 4:17 PM

Aug 2009
I thought a moment the real Sebastian was a girl in high heels and black fingernails lmfao im satisfied by the yaoi action in this episode.

By the way this is the first anime that i have seen which declared its end at the begining. It was like this from the start and it was shown even in the OP.

Anyways this serie is no masterpiece but had accompanied me for a week and i really had fun. RIP Ciel.
Anime List: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Rodreth
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/rodreth/profile
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/user/Rodreth/
Night is the darkest just before the dawn.

May 29, 2010 10:17 PM

Nov 2007
One word: Amazing.
O_O
May 31, 2010 6:57 AM

Dec 2009
The progression of Kuroshitsuji was one of the most cohesive I've seen. No clumsy, "gotta tie-up all the loose ends" scenes in the last episode, no characters or storylines dropped to no effect; every creature was significant, & treated accordingly. It's evident to me that the creators of Kuroshitsuji are not just talented storytellers, but that they love storytelling -period. This made both watching the story unfold, & see it come to its graceful conclusion -as another post read- a very "satisfying" experience.

I think I'm going to have to give its manga a try. If it's as well done as the series, I don't want to miss out!
Jun 8, 2010 3:24 AM

Feb 2010
I cried......
Jun 8, 2010 3:25 AM

Feb 2010
10/10!
Jun 8, 2010 9:13 AM

Apr 2009
I think I shouldn't have watched too many eps just one day, it made me kinda shocked. I mean, I knew how it could end, but at first, I was only laughing watching Kuroshitsuji, admiring Finny, smiling with Red Shinigami etc. etc. and then, BOOM, suddenly there's a hell of fire, laughing maniac angel and that extremely sad scene here, Sebastian with only one hand, flower-ring, Ciel and Sebastian on a boat, then... um, if I can call it... death. This anime startled me. Watching those funny episodes, and people around the boy trying so hard to cheer him up, I hoped that Ceil will... recover before his death. That he'll find something beyond hatred and darkness. And... uh...

WAAAHHHH! That was cruel!!! ;__; *hugs Ciel*
Jun 8, 2010 12:20 PM

Apr 2009
Well, it was a /good/ ending. And that's all. I expected more from that fight between Sebastian and Ash/Angela.

Made me tear up, but not cry my eyes out. Well, that wasn't expected since I'm not a fangirl, but Ciel was my fav character, and it's kinda weird that the /thought/ of him dieing made me more sad than the actual ending scene.
Yeah.
deadoptimist said:
Though I think shit-flinging should also have standards - no personal, no behind the scenes.
Jun 10, 2010 12:25 AM

Jul 2008
A "Bitter Sweet" Ending. I'm a guy and i rather enjoyed this anime, 9/10. I'm actually sad at the moment, loved the story.
Jun 10, 2010 1:49 PM

Jun 2010
I really enjoyed this anime. Though, one of my friends spoiled the ending for me I still found it really sad ;_;. I'd give it a 9/10, and a favorite. I agree with Kazu it had a great story.
Jun 10, 2010 11:23 PM

Jan 2008
it was an okay ending.unexpected for those who knew of the second season.does the manga follow the same story?
Jun 12, 2010 10:42 PM

Jan 2010
SEBASTIEN IN HEELS AND LOVING SMILE MADE MY DAY *-*
Ceil~ T.T
Jun 17, 2010 3:59 AM

Jun 2010
I want to see the real Sebastian's form now! :D
Great ending. I'm a bit sad that Ciel died but without his death the ending would be crappy.
Whole series: I give 9/10.
Can't wait for the second season!
AteignaJun 17, 2010 4:04 AM
Jun 17, 2010 3:24 PM

Jun 2009
That was such a sad ending. I had to laugh at Sebastian's awesome stripper boots though haha!

Poor Ciel. He was such a good character. He died at only 13. And he just left Lady Elizabeth. *sigh* I really would have loved it if Ciel lived. Or at least was reunited in Heaven with his parents...but that's impossible since he made his contract with Sebastian.

I would rate that ending a 8/10. It was beautiful and everything but I think it was rushed a little and they left to many loose ends. How exactly did Ciel get his branded tattoo thing on his ribcage? I was waiting for an explanation episode for that the whole season! How did Sebastian become a demon? What is his true form? I think instead of making the random filler episodes with those Indian guys, they should have made explanation episodes. I am so curious of the past of the main characters!

Anyway sorry for the rant. I GOOD ending to the series but not Great.
Jun 29, 2010 3:25 AM

May 2008
It's indeed a bittersweet ending, though I loved it and the whole series was awsome. Well, I'll go with a 9/10.
Jun 29, 2010 7:20 AM

Aug 2009
That's bullshit! I wanted to see Sebastians true form.. Oh well, I give this series a 10/10 The music earned it that extra point ^^

Onward to season 2!
Jul 4, 2010 6:42 AM

Dec 2009
Disappointed. This show really had a lot of potention, but the last 14 episodes just killed it.It went from 9/10 to a 6/10.
Jul 5, 2010 10:46 AM
Mar 2010
Why did his dad do as he did? ;s
Jul 7, 2010 6:28 AM
Apr 2010
ARGH so sad ;_; this is why I didn't want to watch it... now that I finally did all the happiness just got sucked out of me bad xD I'm glad there's season two right now..

I seriously hope the servants didn't die >_> (madame red and lau and ranmao and policeman wwwhhyy ;_;) And poor Elizabeth, I want some fairy to magic Ciel back to her then they can have some fairytale ending but... argh xD The flower ring reaching Ciel in the end was lovely, at least Elizabeth reached him in a way xD

Sebastian was really interesting, I wouldn't actually mind if there was some spin off or whatever where sebastian just takes on different masters and eats their souls xD (lol like a distorted version of jigoku shoujo.) And not knowing his true form is PAAAINFUL. Lol at high heels, just like the angel who can change forms is his true form perhaps female?? xD
Jul 8, 2010 4:31 AM
Jul 2008
May I ask, why did Ciel let go of the railing??
Jul 9, 2010 1:37 AM

Apr 2010
This was a great anime with a satisfying ending.
I was in tears by the end of it all TT^TT
Jul 28, 2010 6:45 AM

Jul 2010
really enjoyed this series, especially with all the dark twists that kept you guessing what would happen later. loved the ending, 9/10.
Jul 29, 2010 1:57 AM
Feb 2009
That was one of the best 24 mins ending I've seen this summer :)
Aug 11, 2010 8:49 AM

Apr 2008
Cookie-chan said:
The ending brought me to tears! I loved it!

Same here, same here...
Aug 11, 2010 11:19 AM
Aug 2010
Good ending to this anime. i supposeit had a good equilibrium of leaving things open but answering some questions. first good deep storyline in an anime that ive seen for a lil while now.
Aug 13, 2010 2:01 PM

Aug 2009
*speechless*

That was a AMAZING show....

*speechless*
Aug 16, 2010 7:28 PM
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Bloodshot-Shanks - Jan 9, 2009

69 by Apratim »»
Apr 22, 8:56 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MaxwellLily - Oct 30, 2008

115 by Apratim »»
Apr 21, 12:40 PM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Zeino - Mar 12, 2009

110 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Apr 21, 2:21 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

-Chrissi-chan- - Mar 9, 2009

107 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Apr 20, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

noteDhero - Feb 2, 2009

77 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Apr 19, 8:21 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.