Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jul 17, 2009 2:57 AM

Jun 2009
I don't think there's ever going to be a show that will replace Clannad for me, and I don't that I want one too.

I love the Characters, in fact there was not one character that I disliked during the course of these nearly 50 episodes. That's saying something to me.

I love the plot, it was well thought out and nearly every episode has at least one beautiful moment.

And I love the Romance between Tomoya and Nagisa, one of the most believable couples i've ever seen. And they didn't even have to kiss onscreen. Ushio was a fantastic character too..

I'm sure this will be a series I watch again and again. I loved every minute of it..
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 19, 2009 5:41 AM

Jun 2009
usasoldiern said:
I don't think there's ever going to be a show that will replace Clannad for me, and I don't that I want one too.

I love the Characters, in fact there was not one character that I disliked during the course of these nearly 50 episodes. That's saying something to me.

I love the plot, it was well thought out and nearly every episode has at least one beautiful moment.

And I love the Romance between Tomoya and Nagisa, one of the most believable couples i've ever seen. And they didn't even have to kiss onscreen. Ushio was a fantastic character too..

I'm sure this will be a series I watch again and again. I loved every minute of it..

me,too .
I always love the scene between Tomoya and Nagisa .
They seem live happily with their child in the end of the After Story .
omg,so romantic .
TTwTT
I haven't got the main purpose of life.Have you?
Jul 20, 2009 9:07 PM

Jun 2009
What makes it all the more meaningful is that Tomoya knows what it is like to lose those dear to him, because after this episode it's pretty clear that he remembers the events of the alternate world.

I also like to think that Nagisa knows of it too, but that's probably just wishful thinking.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 22, 2009 9:43 PM

Jun 2009
usasoldiern said:
What makes it all the more meaningful is that Tomoya knows what it is like to lose those dear to him, because after this episode it's pretty clear that he remembers the events of the alternate world.

I also like to think that Nagisa knows of it too, but that's probably just wishful thinking.

Raven_Ichigami said:
usasoldiern said:

me,too .
I always love the scene between Tomoya and Nagisa .
They seem live happily with their child in the end of the After Story .
omg,so romantic .
TTwTT

usasoldiern said:

theeggman85 said:
aero said:
Saying this series was a Masterpiece is an understatement, even this recap episode was done right.
Beautiful, just beautiful. The whole franchise was just beautiful.

amazing how this is so true, love it

aero said:
Saying this series was a Masterpiece is an understatement, even this recap episode was done right.
Beautiful, just beautiful. The whole franchise was just beautiful.

Music to my ears. We are on the same wavelength.
Fear the finger of death
Jul 22, 2009 10:14 PM

Jun 2009
I'm very close to rewatching this series. Aero said it right when he said this series was beautiful.

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 23, 2009 12:28 AM

Jun 2009
Indeed. This is one of my most rewatched series. Couldn't agree more with the beautiful description for it.
Fear the finger of death
Jul 23, 2009 12:37 AM

Jun 2009
Dexterous said:
Indeed. This is one of my most rewatched series. Couldn't agree more with the beautiful description for it.

Thanks. I think this will be an anime I recommend to any of my friends in the future, no doubt.

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 30, 2009 10:56 PM
May 2008
it was a great series with many emotional moment but, i still feel that the last three episodes were unecessary. if they had died more dramatically lying in the snow i thinki would have enjoyed the realism a little more. maybe a completely separate possibilities for alternative worlds episode after that.
Aug 7, 2009 4:03 PM

Oct 2008
A recap of the entire series, both seasons..

Now, its time to play Clannad. I have yet to earn my first Orb of Light. There are supposed to be 8 in the visual novel in which one has to be given up on for the sake of Fuuko. Which route shall I take?

Currently, I am thinking of taking Tomoyo's route as that Nagisa's route is pretty much covered in both seasons of the anime. It would be like re-watching both seasons of the anime which I prefer not to. At the same time, I won't be able to unlock After Story which is pointless as that I just finished watching After Story. Generally, it will be a choice between Tomoyo or Kyou..
Aug 7, 2009 4:30 PM

Jun 2009
You can't go wrong with either Kyou or Tomoyo. I've seen Kyou's on route youtube, it's great and I heard Tomoyo's is fantastic. But, your right what's the point in going for Nagisa's route when you've basically already seen it

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 11, 2009 1:10 PM

Mar 2009
I really loved this series, in its entirety. I'm so glad at the end of this episode, Ushio calls out "mama!"
It makes me happy! :)
Aug 13, 2009 8:02 PM

Jun 2009
this episode finished clannad (in it's entirety) nicely and reminded me of everything that had happened and had a lot of the best scenes of the show.
Aug 18, 2009 7:46 PM

Jun 2009
I love Clannad, it had its ups and downs but overall it was a masterpiece!
Perfect 10!
Sep 1, 2009 6:38 PM

Nov 2008
alpha69 said:
I thought this Recap made everyone realize that the emotions brought before the miracle-end wasn't all in vain. I mean... the growth Tomoya obtained in it didn't go away, he specifically said he remembers and believes those sad events happened and it made him cherish his family even more than he original had.

I agree..

I would miss Clannad!

One of the best!
Sep 7, 2009 8:44 PM

Aug 2009
Meh, I saw the series in 1 day so this episode doesn't really shine for me lol.
But still,CLANNAD IS FUCKING EPIC AS EVER!
Oct 17, 2009 3:28 AM

Jun 2007
The last word said in this episode was the best word they could ever think of to end this brilliant series. 10/10

"Mommy!"
Oct 23, 2009 5:41 PM
Jun 2008
Wow! And another great anime ends!
And what an ending!

It was like your wish was granted when you see that everything worked out in the end :)

10/10 =D
Oct 25, 2009 3:56 PM

May 2008
Not having seen the VN (nor intending to play it) I am confused a bit with the end - why the "reset"? I hate 'resets' - they're the bane of Science Fiction in American TV. It could have been handled in so many different ways and should have; because the light orbs were never mentioned in the series, they shouldn't have been part of the series. A simple "But I didn't lose you that day, I carried you to the hospital where a new surgeon..." and Kyuo showing up at the end as the mommy would have been one possibility.

Other than the very annoying (and cheap) reset it wasn't a bad series at all. Clannad itself was a much better show; richer more interesting story arcs, more characters, actual plot lines. The after story was weaker in these points, fewer characters, one drawn out plot line. The main saving grace of After Story was the return of Fu-chan, but there was no Magic Girl Fuku, which was one of those wonderful delightfully quirky touches from the first series. To me it appeared that the first series was a thoughtful and wonderfully successful attempt at making the best anime possible, the After Story was an attempt to wring the most tears out of a captive audience.
Oct 26, 2009 10:26 PM
Aug 2009
PKAmmoTroop said:
Not having seen the VN (nor intending to play it) I am confused a bit with the end - why the "reset"? I hate 'resets' - they're the bane of Science Fiction in American TV. It could have been handled in so many different ways and should have; because the light orbs were never mentioned in the series, they shouldn't have been part of the series. A simple "But I didn't lose you that day, I carried you to the hospital where a new surgeon..." and Kyuo showing up at the end as the mommy would have been one possibility.

The light orbs were mentioned in the series prior to its usage. In both Misae's arc and Yukine's arc they talk about the light orbs that are granted to people that do good deeds, and can grant any one wish.
Nov 13, 2009 3:18 AM
Jul 2008
trolled again
1/2 way thru it stoped being him talking to his daughter and just recapping the searies :( fuck that i feel like ive seen this before too....
he was explaining to his daughter who fuko was and the scenes with fuko had her as an adult not a ghost, even though he never saw this

why do they even have this type of ep neway??
Nov 13, 2009 11:23 PM

Sep 2008
And so one of the greatest masterpieces of all time ends. Loved it so much.
Nov 17, 2009 9:57 PM

Nov 2009
It's great that they did the recap. It really makes all the emotion I felt throughout the entire show come back in one moment - when Ushio says, "Mama!" at the end. It's such a beautiful moment. I'm glad it explained the 22nd episode a little more. I wasn't sure if they were back or not. It made me so happy that it ended the way it should. it did not disappoint me! So tragic & beautiful.
Nov 30, 2009 3:11 PM

Sep 2009
Clannad is my favorite now, it was so great!
even topped kanon (in my opinion)
Bleach ga saiko ka jibun ni! (:
Dec 27, 2009 11:09 AM
Apr 2009
I'd give this series a 20/10 if I could. I've never enjoyed an anime series as much as I enjoyed Clannad.
Dec 27, 2009 8:47 PM

Apr 2008
If it wasn't for the bullshit in episode 22 I would've given it an 8 maybe a 9. What I really liked in CLANNAD ~After Story~ was Okazaki's coming of age. Moving out, getting a job, marring Nagisa, having a child, forgiving his father; all that made this series worth watching. Final score 7/10.
TuzoAnimeDec 27, 2009 8:51 PM
Dec 27, 2009 11:10 PM

May 2009
TuzoAnime said:
If it wasn't for the bullshit in episode 22 I would've given it an 8 maybe a 9. What I really liked in CLANNAD ~After Story~ was Okazaki's coming of age. Moving out, getting a job, marring Nagisa, having a child, forgiving his father; all that made this series worth watching. Final score 7/10.

At least search google or ask someone about the TRUE MEANING of the ending before saying something like that :sweat:
This series is not only about a story about "was Okazaki's coming of age. Moving out, getting a job, marring Nagisa, having a child, forgiving his father" but also about the "family theme".
If you try hard and pursue something till the very end, the miracle will happen because the whole city is a family itself.
And everything that Tomoya has experienced is NOT a dream :sweat:
This is what Maeda Jun wanted to say through Clannad :sweat:
Have you got it now?
If you haven't , try this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clannad_%28visual_novel%29
"Life is not fair. Get used to it" -- Bill Gates
Dec 28, 2009 12:30 PM

Apr 2008
bahoaday said:
TuzoAnime said:

At least search google or ask someone about the TRUE MEANING of the ending before saying something like that :sweat:
This series is not only about a story about "was Okazaki's coming of age. Moving out, getting a job, marring Nagisa, having a child, forgiving his father" but also about the "family theme".
If you try hard and pursue something till the very end, the miracle will happen because the whole city is a family itself.
And everything that Tomoya has experienced is NOT a dream :sweat:
This is what Maeda Jun wanted to say through Clannad :sweat:
Have you got it now?
If you haven't , try this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clannad_%28visual_novel%29

Thanks for the info, It's not like I didn't get the ending it's that I didn't like it. I wanted a more realistic ending, but it's not like that ending came from nowhere I guess.
TuzoAnimeDec 28, 2009 12:39 PM
Dec 28, 2009 3:18 PM
Apr 2009
@ TuzoAnime: I love this series a lot, but I agree that the ending wasn't that good. It's probably one of the weakest episodes out of either season. I would've liked it if they expanded on it more. Maybe add an extra episode. I like the whole supernatural thing though. It makes Clannad unique in a way.
Jan 9, 2010 10:04 AM

Apr 2009
Its not necessarily the technicallities of the series that brought me to this conclusion, but more the atmosphere, the story-telling, and the fun that it brough that leads me to believe that this is one of the best shows (anime or otherwise) I've ever seen.

Now to dig up the game!
Jan 16, 2010 4:02 PM

Jan 2010
its a nice recap. I love this episode ^^
Jan 30, 2010 2:02 PM

Jan 2010
so it's over eh? :(

ok,this was a good final episode for a fantastic anime:)

it was nice to see all those flashbacks since they were on highschool and after...the only regret i have is that they did not show nagisa on that final scene...

at least now it's making sense why Ushio was sitting under the tree in the 22nd ep...

oh well,i will never forget clannad,it's just wonderful t_t
next for me:
Clannad the movie
Clannad the game
Clannad another story,Kyou Chapter :)
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Feb 10, 2010 5:50 PM
Feb 2010
Amazing! Beautiful! This is what you call a masterpiece! This is definitely one of my favorite anime of all time. And yes, I believe it's much better than Kanon. ^_^

Only one more episode of Clannad, and that'll be the end (Kyou chapter).
Apr 14, 2010 6:44 PM

Mar 2010
Bah.
May 1, 2010 10:05 AM

Jan 2010
great recap for thebest series ever made :-)

Clannad...i will love you forever :D
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
May 2, 2010 1:41 PM

Feb 2010
Very well made, good to see the whole story in one Episode again.

~FIN~

Up Next: AW: Kyou-hen
May 2, 2010 2:11 PM

Mar 2010
To be honest, it was a great recap.
I always had in mind if Tomoya actually remembered what happened when Nagisa died and I think that in this episode, it is all cleared out.

Excellent series.
Jun 3, 2010 3:14 PM

Oct 2009
The ending was sweet.
Jun 20, 2010 3:09 PM

Dec 2007
The best recap ever :D I love Clannad *o*

ushi-chan moe~
Jun 25, 2010 1:30 PM

Apr 2010
Loved this anime <3
~Added to favorites :)
Jul 2, 2010 7:09 AM

Jan 2010
i must say awesome recap and ending. highly satsified though sad that it has ended. hell i would kill for another good season of just about....well.....anything maybe them raising their daughter from 5 till the age they met? just a thought buut anyways 10/10 for this ^^
Jul 11, 2010 5:38 PM

Dec 2009
Nice recap for an awesome anime. Going to miss it.

Gonna watch the OVA now (Kyou Chapter).
Aug 6, 2010 4:47 PM

Feb 2010
The ending (with the magic) kinda turned me off... but the whole story... the journey, was breathtaking.... this is something special. 9/10
MusashiRoseApr 9, 2011 2:02 AM
Aug 18, 2010 7:28 AM

Apr 2010
Truly a gorgeous anime...Lucky me cuz it had the recap episode...Ore else I would been confused how in the end Ushio and Nagisa still lived...anyway..it's one of the best animes I ever saw...It have's from me a 10/10 and added to favorites
Sep 6, 2010 3:07 PM

Feb 2010
Awesome. Great end (recap) to Clannad.
10/10
Sep 13, 2010 11:55 PM

Aug 2010
Beautiful.

100/10
Oct 24, 2010 12:51 PM

Jun 2009
This is awesome! I will miss clannad so much!!!!! Love this anime! I have learned a lot of things from this...favorite anime so far! I feel so sad that this already end.
Nov 3, 2010 4:07 PM

Jun 2010
Really a great Anime. Cried half the time and hated the last few eps because there where just so dammed sad. But man I'm FREAKING Happy! It has the best happy end I could have wished for!

Nice recap last ep btw :)

Feb 18, 2011 7:59 PM

Dec 2008
I'm a mess. I even had to fight back tears during the recap. This was an excellent recap!!!

Again, I will never be able to hear the Dango song without bursting into tears now.
Mar 3, 2011 9:23 AM

May 2010
The recap brings nostalgic memories. Such a great story as it made me happy.

I can't get enough of Kyou's moment in the gym storage.. HHNNNNGGGG

Overall, it's one of the great shows that taught me lots of life lessons.

Truly a heartwarming masterpiece.
Mar 12, 2011 12:12 PM

Jun 2009
It just topped it all off and made a great ending. The anime is a definite masterpiece for me<3
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Hopefully this isn't annoying

Ricdumb - Apr 10

3 by Ricdumb »»
Apr 20, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

angel999 - Oct 23, 2008

319 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 14, 10:59 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 16, 2008

260 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 8, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kiseki - Oct 2, 2008

347 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 7, 6:44 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

patient_senses - Mar 12, 2009

1168 by Chilicon_valley »»
Mar 10, 8:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.