Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 29, 2014 7:48 PM

Apr 2013
Pknoctis said:
Giving off a Psycho-Pass vibe, without any of the intensity.
my exact thought as I watched this episode.. the idea behind the beauty holder etc. was good, but it was poorly executed.
Jan 30, 2014 5:04 PM

Nov 2009
New characters.

I don't know if Moral gave that coat to the kid out of kindness or he just wanted to remove any evidence of his kill.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 30, 2014 6:20 PM

May 2013
I get slight Psycho-pass vibes with the hero being like the villain but it misses the intensity and the execution is lackluster. This show is kinda boring. They solve the cases with very little info or with something circumstantial that they see near the end of the episode. The grandma was funny though and the bloody jacket at the end was cool. Don't see the similarities between Makishima (best villain ever) and Moral besides that they both look the same.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Jan 30, 2014 6:40 PM

Aug 2010
Liking the new characters.
Jan 30, 2014 7:35 PM

Jul 2012
New characters have cool powers. Especially the girl. The case this ep was kinda average except the beauty minimum holder part. That was a nice twist.

I still think Nice pulls his deductions out of nowhere.
It's always something that he notices but others don't or something he has a hunch about.
I suppose that works too but it's the same very case...

Not to mention things move very fast so before the situation is even fleshed out properly, they've already arrived at the conclusion.

The cases are still interesting enough but execution is rather weak.
Jan 30, 2014 9:08 PM

Jun 2011
Honey is so hot, great choice by getting KitaEri to voice her.

Pretty weak episode but the CM was great.
Jan 31, 2014 11:16 AM

Dec 2013
Mugen_Time said:

I still think Nice pulls his deductions out of nowhere.
It's always something that he notices but others don't or something he has a hunch about.
I suppose that works too but it's the same very case...

Not to mention things move very fast so before the situation is even fleshed out properly, they've already arrived at the conclusion.

The cases are still interesting enough but execution is rather weak.

Nice's genius is on higher level than everyone else, like Moral, and he's a detective. So, it's safe to assume his ability to notice things others do not, and make connections quicker than others, is normal. I've also noticed, with the way the anime scenes switch around, that a lot of the detective work is done while other characters are being shown. We don't really know what methods they are using, or clues they are finding, when the other characters are being shown.

I agree, however, that it would be nice(pardon the pun) to have a case extend over more than one episode. Something that would give us a chance to really see what it is that Hamatora does. With a limited number of episodes, and limited time in each episode, to tell a story some things are bound to be rushed. I can handle the cases being rushed in favor of the grand scheme playing out. Nice is some kind of genius/prodigy even among the Minimums, and we don't really know the full extent of his sound powers, so it's not too far of a stretch for him to solve everything so quickly.
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Jan 31, 2014 1:07 PM
Jul 2018
Lol'd so hard at the commercial, not so bad episode i think~. New characters!
Uwaa, onsen ep next week.
4.2/5
Jan 31, 2014 5:38 PM

Jun 2012
Well, it wasn't bad. But one pattern I'm starting to notice here is that each episode it's like every single case they get just happens to tie in with the rest that episode... which makes it extremely predictable. I pretty much assumed from the start that Three/Honey's case and that video would all tie in with the kids and their guns.

That guy stealing people's brains seems pretty damned smart though, he's actually kinda impressing me with how far he's willing to go. I normally hate most villains, because they generally have some kinds of limits, but this guy definitely doesn't hesitate for a second.
Feb 1, 2014 5:11 AM

Aug 2012
silverwalls said:
and wow, an anime where a german character speaks grammatically correct german.. i must be dreaming..

He was a bit obsessed with trust, but pronunciation and grammar were pretty accurate.
.................................................................................
Feb 1, 2014 5:15 AM

Apr 2013
Honey is beautiful.
Good episode.
Feb 1, 2014 6:31 AM
Jul 2013
Man, Honey is one hot anime girl. It really makes me wanna RAPE her!!! She's so hot!

"No one survived my operations"
hahah, this was really funny. The only one that made me life.

All in all, still a weak episode but nice since there isn't much of that philosophical shit that didn't fit in the story or was used wrongly.
Feb 1, 2014 6:34 AM

Oct 2009
What was the point of this episode? Except to introduce the 2 new characters?
Boring and bland, nice CM though :P
Feb 1, 2014 9:10 AM
Oct 2009
Pknoctis said:
Giving off a Psycho-Pass vibe, without any of the intensity.

Yeah it feels a lot like a wanna-be Psycho-Pass at the moment, with the good-looking white-haired antagonist who manipulates other people and gives them means of committing crimes (just like Makishima was doing for a while). It's a bit annoying really, but I'm enjoying those Makishima vibes from Moral. Hopefully he lives up to it and delivers.
Feb 2, 2014 12:53 AM

Mar 2012
I approve of Honey.
Feb 2, 2014 7:31 PM

Sep 2013
the mighty script is so handy haha *_*
they're like beauty and the beast or something lol cool

this series continues to get better and better :-)
lovin' every ep. oh and lol nice hero commercial xD
Feb 3, 2014 9:07 AM
Jul 2013
Man, there powers are so unbelievable and ridiculous. It even exceeds the logical reasoning of Dragon Balls.
Feb 3, 2014 8:12 PM

Jun 2012
haha Honey >< and that FUTURE DIARY

that was pretty good, though I'm sure Art is very cautious, especially since Nice said that the villain might be like him, or at least thinks similarly.

Feb 3, 2014 10:29 PM

Dec 2012
I'm starting to like this series although I didn't really expect much from it in the beginning.
Although it has the Psycho Pass kind of vibe to it, I like how it has comedy incorporated in it. Also, I find myself liking Moral very much. This will probably be one of the series where I end up liking the villains more than the protagonists.
Loved the granny and those dudes reading the manga though XD
allo
Feb 4, 2014 11:25 AM
Jul 2018
This episode was quite different from the rest.
What's with their names - Nice,Art,Birthday,Moral BLAH BLAH BLAH XD
Something only kids under 15 can understand, a hidden message.
I guess Moral has his own reason for being such an insensitive retard. He used a chainsaw to take his brain out and replaced his head with a dolls.
Getting interesting. Can't wait for the next episode
Feb 4, 2014 2:57 PM

Aug 2009
Whoaw, after the stupidest thing I did (I forgot that I haven't watched ep 4 and watched ep 5 instead) I'm very happy with this episode!!! ;D

The bathroom idea was so lame!! I mean...bathroom...seriously?!!! However, it was hilarious!! :D I love Ratio and Murasaki, although I'm not quite sure yet why exactly I do!!! :DD Like the "Mad Doctor" nickname!!! ♥ Poor Mirasaki -"Megane guy" I felt so sorry for him!!! Why did they make him say that?!!! TT.TT

Honey was so cute kissing her Mighty Script!! :DDD Her attitude seems just a little bit annoying but she doesn't look like a bad character!!! xD

Whoaw!!! Art is such an interesting character! He must have found it really strange when Moral and Nice said the same thing!!!! O_O I wonder what kind of connection these two share (Nice and Moral)???? DX<

The artwork of Moral at the end was really creepy!!! It freaked me out!!! And poor kiddo that got the bloody coat!! Still I really liked the scene! It was a nice and kind gesture, yet shrouded in darkness and mystery!!! Gosh it makes you love Moral!!!! I just sounded like a total psycho!!!! @__@'''

I think that one thing I absolutely love about Hamatora is the ED!!!! ^^ It's so damn good!!! o(≧▽≦)o
Feb 4, 2014 4:22 PM

Aug 2013
Dat Grandma tho
Feb 8, 2014 12:54 AM

Apr 2012
Moral is absolutely amazing, how does he only have one favourite on MAL?
Feb 12, 2014 7:32 AM
Jul 2013
The thing that made me a bit excited was the foreshadowing(?) in the 1st ep with the ferris wheel in Yokohama Cosmoland taking 15 minutes to make one round;marking the place of the event in this ep,with 15 years being the age limit.It could be a coincidence of course,but if it's not,that would mean a more complex plot.
BUT
How am i supposed to believe that when Tits,after explaining how freaking important it is,proceeds to fkin lose that pink MiraIPad.<
sigh.I hope this won't be a trainwreck...but i still have 2 episodes to watch right now.plsplspls
#ibelieve
"You must not be preoccupied with yourself. You won’t be able to see anything. You’ll be unable to move a step. Care about other people, if you do, you’ll understand that it’s worth living no matter how painful the world is."
Feb 26, 2014 11:47 AM

Jan 2008
Liking the new Addition to the team though n her skill is pretty good same for the guy as well pretty good episode in my opinion but hope it continues to be good.
Mar 7, 2014 9:21 PM
Feb 2012
x-men? that beast man... ...
it was a stupid episode, but it was funny
Mar 28, 2014 10:31 AM

Jun 2011
First part was funny, second part was meh..
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 22, 2014 6:41 AM

Apr 2012
able to smuggle in gun parts, little girls been kidnapped japanese airport security sucks
Jun 10, 2014 3:01 AM
May 2012
Honey is delicious, and I am not talking about the food :3
Beast is awesome....and he is reading Manga too!!
I like the commercial ahahaha.
Ending song sounds like it was sung by Japanese Red Hot Chili Peppers, right?? It's awesome!!
Jul 5, 2014 1:13 AM

Dec 2012
I don't get why everyone is complaining about this episode. I actually thought it was the best so far.
Barion-Zara said:
Not a bad ep. Moral is quite the complex character. Really finding him interesting.

Lol'd at the commercial at the start XD
"None have survived my operating table" XDXDXD

And Murasaki being called Megane XD The way he was so not into in was hilarious haha
His reaction after that was ROFL XD Face palming max XD

Loving Honey and Three. Honey is friggin HOT! Dat Body *A* and three is hilarious with the reading manga part even with the guy in the hotel room XD

Well as usual the case was nothing special but the characters make up a bit.

The last scene when Moral gave the kid the bloody jacket was O_O Twisted as hell

I'm so glad I read that post. I didn't even notice that the jacket had blood on it. Now I went back and rewatched the scene and it really did! Creepy...
Jul 11, 2014 1:53 PM

Dec 2012
Boobs in the beginning and they're big. Still not getting a clue as to how their powers work.

What is this? A cross between Bigby from Wolf Among Us, Wolverine, Beast from Beauty and the Beast
and Hyorinmaru from Bleach?

Rofl at those lame names: Sonic Idaten, Speed Tarou, Mad Doctor, Thunder Good Guy, Four-eyes lol

The Yokohama Safety Club!

Lol I'm starting to like this Three Guy, reading manga in the middle of a restaurant that seems high class

Lol, seriously how'd this old lady end up there?! xD

Now realizing Moral is voiced by Hisoka's VA and Murasaki voiced by Pouf's VA

Soo much loose ends to be tied up, seriously who's the guy in the alleyway that Nice usually sees?

Lol why is the victim now interested in reading Three's manga?! xD

Well, okay episode. Starting to think this is all episodic and I'm losing my interest.
3/5

Mod Edit: Please use spoiler tags for large images so you don't stretch the forum layout.
LunaOct 3, 2014 9:10 AM
Jul 20, 2014 8:29 AM

Apr 2010
The whole manga reading thing cracked me up and that lady in the car. Hilarious. Needs moar.
Aug 22, 2014 1:18 PM

Sep 2012
The commercial part was quite funny.
Honey and Three was cool I guess.
Looks like Moral is not a bad guy. He still have a good heart.
Hot springs in the next episode. Let's see some bikini babes.
Oct 16, 2014 8:54 AM

Aug 2013
New characters.. a beastman and a cute girl. Hmm not bad.
I love the mix of gags.. this episode seems to be made just for laughs.
That stupid commercial.. a manga reading lion.. crazy driving grandma etc.
I can't get enough of this lol. What's next ? But still looking forward for more action.
Oh hot springs next episode woohoo ! ;)
Dec 13, 2014 3:14 AM
May 2014
I really dig Honey, because oppai.
Jul 28, 2015 4:40 PM

May 2012
Pretty solid episode in general I must say, let's see what's next though.
Aug 30, 2015 9:52 PM

Feb 2015
nice ending. can't wait to see more of the powers and what other mysteries there are to behold. i'm liking this sorta-detective series. been a while since i've seen one (last year, kuroshitsuji).
Nov 16, 2015 8:12 AM

Sep 2013
Lol'd at how the camera panned down the jacket Moral gave to that kid - with the music and all XD But don't know how they're the same tho...

Soo enjoying this series so far. I wonder if that lady got to Hawaii or not
Apr 4, 2016 12:17 AM

Feb 2012
"If providing people with what they desire is a sin, then all mothers are sinners, and the world is bereft of love."
^ wow makishima-esque. Honestly feels like this: Makishima - Moral, Kougami - Nice, Ginzo - Art

We finally got Doctor's name officially, and ta-da, another weird name. I'm starting to think only Hajime and Megane will have decent names here... Anyway, lmao "no one survives from my operating table".

Go grandma! Yay that we got an explanation about a Minimum! I want Nice's but oh well. So Nice and Moral are "similar", eh? And for a second, I was going all "aww so Moral does have a nice side to him!!" and then turns out it was his coat with blood and nvm, nvm.

set made by tsudecimo ★ i m a d g m t r a s h ★ pnch blc mal rewrite

Mar 12, 2017 12:59 AM

Dec 2015
Was it really necessary for all the characters to have such lame and cringy names? For god's sake please spare from any more bullshit.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jun 4, 2017 11:20 AM
Jul 2018
So annoyed when Nice was talking with the bun in his mouth

and morel... the hell?
removed-userJun 4, 2017 11:24 AM
Aug 14, 2017 4:59 PM

Jun 2016
I immediately liked the 2 new characters (Honey and Three).

That superhero commercial scene, though. Hahahaha. Shut up, Murasaki. "Four eyes" as your superhero fits you. Hahaha jk.

"None have survived my operating table!" - Ratio
Dafuq, Ratio? Hahahaha!

The cringe throughout that scene was worth it, maaan.

Moral can suck a sack of walrus dicks even though he reminds me of Sephiroth. I fucking hate him for hurting Art. I fucking hate you.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Feb 2, 2019 8:10 AM

Jul 2008
Yeah crazy professor being crazy again.
May 22, 2020 9:04 PM

Jul 2016
WolfWood37 said:
Yeah crazy professor being crazy again.

The dollhead at the end in particular very weird...
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hamatora The Animation Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2014

262 by Mishiia »»
Mar 1, 12:22 AM

Poll: » Hamatora The Animation Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2014

105 by Destroyer31 »»
Aug 22, 2023 7:26 PM

Poll: » Hamatora The Animation Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2014

133 by enterlowa »»
Aug 2, 2023 3:47 AM

» Does anyone else think this anime is very shallow?

7EJh77b - Dec 7, 2015

4 by BreakApart »»
Sep 3, 2022 11:44 AM

» Worth Watching?

_txhsin__ - Jun 1, 2022

8 by Kibbi500 »»
Jun 3, 2022 9:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.