Forum Settings
Forums

New 'Fate/stay night' TV Anime Announced For Fall 2014

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (20) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jan 28, 2014 11:49 AM

Jul 2007
chipathy said:
Fai said:
insan3Spectre said:
Fai said:
Tengai said:
Alright, I should probably watch the other Fate series first before I watch this.

Both the deen ones and the upcoming ufotable one are shit. GO for visual novel instead.

I envy your ability to tell whether something is bad before a single episode is released. I admit to initially being a bit disappointed at this news, but damn man at least give it a shot. All we know is vague info, and even if it does have some differences, it could still be a quality series.

Its an anime original bullshit. it WILL Suck.

HaXXspetten said:
Fai said:
Nucksen said:
i love, how ridiculously rabid some Visual Novel Fanboys tend to be. Nothing will ever please them and they always expect AT LEAST everything from the VN with no changes at all. Newsflash: that would be a very crappy anime.

Because Fate/Zero and Kara no Kyoukai were crappy?~
those aren't VN adaptations though

And there's barely any difference in this case because FSN doe snot exaclty have true "routes".

chipathy said:
insan3Spectre said:
Fai said:
Tengai said:
Alright, I should probably watch the other Fate series first before I watch this.

Both the deen ones and the upcoming ufotable one are shit. GO for visual novel instead.

I envy your ability to tell whether something is bad before a single episode is released. I admit to initially being a bit disappointed at this news, but damn man at least give it a shot. All we know is vague info, and even if it does have some differences, it could still be a quality series.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this right here. i wont deny i was disappointed at first but for fucks sake. its still ufotable, type moon, and stay night. just think of it as a 4th route. ufotable hasnt disappointed yet/

Ufotable so far rides off PROPERLY adapting Type Moon works (KNK) or "decently" adapting type moon works (F/0).

The common factor? Sticking to the damn source material.

This will have nice animation, color gradients and fights, but will be atrainwreck if the news are accurate.

ufotable has other original works outside of type moon that are good

SO GOOOD, that before KNK no one even heard of ufotable and a lot of people were worried about KNK adaptation.
Jan 28, 2014 11:50 AM

Nov 2013
chipathy said:
fai stop acting childish its pathetic
Jan 28, 2014 11:51 AM
May 2013

SO GOOOD, that before KNK no one even heard of ufotable and a lot of people were worried about KNK adaptation.

maybe people should stop being so worried because we know how good knk came out.
Jan 28, 2014 11:52 AM

Jul 2007
Forgetfulness said:
Somehow this turned from Unlimited Hype Works to Unlimited Rage Works

Did you honestly expect anything else?

Its as bad as if J.C.Staff would decide to adapt Tsukihime..

chipathy said:

maybe people should stop being so worried because we know how good knk came out.

KNK came out good because it stuck to the damn source material damn closely for the m ost, not getting any BRILLIANT ideas to do anime original bullshit.
Jan 28, 2014 11:52 AM
Jul 2012
What is with people saying this is a disappointment for a upcoming series?
Jan 28, 2014 11:53 AM

Feb 2012
Progeusz said:

Stop trying to discredit us by spouting groundless lies.

I never talked about you. I used FanboyS because i know, there are a lot of guys like Fai(just look up the thread for more or less any VN adaption ever. The amount of bitching is incredible), but if the shoe fits you, you can wear it of course.

Just to clarify: I'm not very happy with this news either, because it indicates a direction that seems wrong to me(changing outfits), but bitching about an anime you've never seen, just because it's not 100% like the source material is just bs
In 9/10 cases, the worst thing about an anime is its fandom.
Jan 28, 2014 11:53 AM

Jul 2007
DarknessOfEmo said:
What is with this mess people saying this is a disappointment for a upcoming series?

Because its yet another non-canon filler series
Jan 28, 2014 11:54 AM
Nov 2010
ona said:
Hurray!

and

tsubasalover said:
It will be a new story outside of the original work,

so people can stop arguing now about what route will be adapted now, I guess.

It is now the harem route...
Jan 28, 2014 11:54 AM
May 2013
Fai said:
Forgetfulness said:
Somehow this turned from Unlimited Hype Works to Unlimited Rage Works

Did you honestly expect anything else?

Its as bad as if J.C.Staff would decide to adapt Tsukihime..

chipathy said:

KNK came out good because it stuck to the damn source material damn closely for the m ost, not getting any BRILLIANT ideas to do anime original bullshit.

we still literally know nothing about the story so whos to say its going to be good or bad? if you declare either as fact you're retarded
Jan 28, 2014 11:57 AM

Oct 2012
Are people really raging at the character designs?

This is almost as bad as raging over Sonic's green eyes in Sonic 4.
Jan 28, 2014 11:58 AM

Jul 2007
Anyway, going by twitter there's no confirmation on it being anime-original route.
It does not tell the route

Nasu simply participates in writing sessions, dropping background info about events being talked about.

So yet again:
we either get a new route
or a proper adaptation but with some new scenes to connect to f/0.

Yet again we still know nothing.

MC-sama said:
Are people really raging at the character designs?

This is almost as bad as raging over Sonic's green eyes in Sonic 4.

FSN character designs are as important as story herself. They reflect personality and past.
Jan 28, 2014 11:59 AM

Jun 2009
Fai said:
insan3Spectre said:
Fai said:
Tengai said:

Its an anime original bullshit. it WILL Suck.

With that kind of attitude this series doesn't stand a chance of proving you otherwise. It could end up being one of the best anime around and it seems like you wouldn't like it. I think I'll try to give it a fair shot, though. I am not as confdent as you that this is doomed from the start.
Ston3_FreeN7Jan 28, 2014 12:03 PM
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 28, 2014 12:03 PM

Oct 2013
i'm just glad there's another fate series i don't care what it will be about just as long as i enjoy it :P.

to be honest i haven't even played the visual novel ...yet :D
Jan 28, 2014 12:04 PM

Jan 2014
For what I can especulate, this anime will try to tie all the loose ends with F/Z, So:

1) Dark Sakura and Angra Mainyu will be the plot device.
2) Shirou going all cynical hero with Archer trying to stop him from becoming a cynical hero.
3) Kotomine final antagonist
4) Sakura may die
5) Illya may die in a really tragic way,(Not the VN way)
6) Rider wouldn't be a central character
7) Gilgamesh will toy with all the Angra Mainyu thing and won't kick the buck until at least half way the story (probably fighting something like Avalon Saber or Dark Saber.
8) Lancer's outfit will be Fate/ccc's one
9) No Kojiro

Extra, If they go all Bad Ending feel:
10) Shiryu will kill Saber and/or Sakura.
11) The Hero Who Nobody Knows Route.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 28, 2014 12:05 PM
Sep 2013
People need to understand that the reason Stay/Night isn't that good is because the source material isn't that good. Fate/Zero is good because of Gen Urobuchi, so I hope this is more of a sequel to Fate/Zero than it is a remake of Stay/Night.
Jan 28, 2014 12:07 PM

Oct 2007
Nucksen said:
I never talked about you. I used FanboyS because i know, there are a lot of guys like Fai(just look up the thread for more or less any VN adaption ever. The amount of bitching is incredible), but if the shoe fits you, you can wear it of course.

Just to clarify: I'm not very happy with this news either, because it indicates a direction that seems wrong to me(changing outfits), but bitching about an anime you've never seen, just because it's not 100% like the source material is just bs
Oh, okay then. I didn't notice many in this thread. I admit I might have been too hasty with calling it a trainwreck but the info about new content got me really worried for several reasons:
1) It's almost certain they won't do Illya route
2) It suggests there will be just one anime, not the separate adaptations of three routes, probably mix with fillers to connect the parts from different routes
3) Saber is by far the most popular character (and Takeuchi's waifu) so it's likely there will be more Fate than UBW or HF in this new anime
4) It reminds me of how DEEN did the adaptation

Fate/Zero, or to be exact its second cour, proved ufotable isn't as great as people make it out to be.
Jan 28, 2014 12:07 PM

Jul 2007
Fai said:
MCAL said:
Fai said:

Why does anime industry get filled up by megalomaniac auteur directors who believe they can "improve the original work"
Except Kinoko Nasu is writing the whole thing (If the leak is to be believed of course). So why are you blaming the director again?

Because its his idea and he got nasu to write this.

I don't care that Nasu writes this(He does not, HE FUCKING SUPERVISES). God himself can write this. THIS IS NOT FSN. NAME IT SOMETHING ELSE.

FSN is a multi-route story anyway, in which no single route is canon, so saying this about FSN, of all things is silly. The premise, the characters, and the thematic elements centering around Shirou's ideals are what make FSN FSN, regardless of whether the plot line it follows is from UBW, Fate, one of the dozens of equally canonical Bad Ends, or from something else entirely.

I was looking forward to HF, largely due to the presence of Kotomine and Ilya, but since Nasu's writing this as a sequel to Zero, I'm going to end up with tons of Ilya, anyway, probably more than I would have gotten from an adaptation of HF. Ditto with Kotomine, and since this is being written after Fate/Zero, Nasu now has a chance to clear up much of the weirdness that comes from Zero coming after FSN.

ex.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Change, change the form of man. Free the might from fleshy mire. Boil the blood in heart of fire. Gone, gone the form of man. Rise the demon, Etrigan!
Jan 28, 2014 12:13 PM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
Why that director? KnK sixth movie was the most inferior.

And by new story, I hope they mean to add ties to F/Z that were nonexistent in F/SN not some entirely new route.
Jan 28, 2014 12:13 PM
Jul 2018
I'm ok with this. Unlike most people, i've never played the VN, so i'm not biased towards one route or another. As long as the story is awesome, I don't care how much they screw with the original material. As long as it's awesome, who cares? If it's a darker, more mature anime like F/S, then that would be great.
Jan 28, 2014 12:16 PM

Jul 2007
Chinensis said:

And by new story, I hope they mean to add ties to F/Z that were nonexistent in F/SN not some entirely new route.

This is exactly what I am hoping.

The yaraon blog is vague enough for the travesty of anime original route to be an misunderstanding.
Jan 28, 2014 12:17 PM

Aug 2012
"It will be a new story outside of the original work"

er...what ? =/
Jan 28, 2014 12:19 PM

Dec 2007
Haha, all the rage in this thread. Hilarious.

Well I also wanted a remake or a Heaven's Feel adaptation, but I can't just change their decisions in what to adapt. I'll be looking forward to this original story.
Jan 28, 2014 12:20 PM

Jan 2013
ssjokg said:
HaXXspetten said:
ssjokg said:
Bakura said:
A Fate Stay/Night whiteout Shirou is not possible? :(

Not possible.
Unless if you want an actual tragic "world's end" ending, with all characters not named Gilgamesh and Kirei suffering throughout the story.
That would actually be interesting if you phrase it like that :3
Interesting yes,satisfying no.
silversaint said:
i hope this time we get some good action unlike Zero which even though it had some well animated fights none of them was particularly amazing

Implying that Fate/'s selling point is the fights.
And there is Kirei vs Kiritsugu,Berserker vs Gil,Kiritusgu vs Kayneth.....

It may be not, but you have to admit is pretty damn awesome at that.

Is it a Ilya route or...

Jan 28, 2014 12:23 PM

Jan 2014
Fai said:
FSN character designs are as important as story herself. They reflect personality and past.

While with Caster, The Monk/Priste/What-have-you, Sakura and Gilgamesh that's true. I don't see how Lancer's Blue Spandex reflect his character better than, say, his Fate/ccc version. Kotomine got the colors right, but he doesn't look like a Neutral Priest-Supervisor-Cospirationist as much as he looks suspicious.
Rin doesn't look like an old-fashioned arystocrat wizard too much to me. Rider leather outfit is altmost a non-sense. Herc should've had his Nemean Lion fur. Casual Saber doesn't really have a purpose, she should wear man (like in Zero) clothes according to her background. Shirou's clothes doesn't say a thing about him. Kojiro: WHY PURPLE SAMURAI!!!

So no. What you say is an overstatement.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 28, 2014 12:28 PM

Jan 2013
OnionSoda said:
Fai said:

While with Caster, The Monk/Priste/What-have-you, Sakura and Gilgamesh that's true. I don't see how Lancer's Blue Spandex reflect his character better than, say, his Fate/ccc version. Kotomine got the colors right, but he doesn't look like a Neutral Priest-Supervisor-Cospirationist as much as he looks suspicious.
Rin doesn't look like an old-fashioned arystocrat wizard too much to me. Rider leather outfit is altmost a non-sense. Herc should've had his Nemean Lion fur. Casual Saber doesn't really have a purpose, she should wear man (like in Zero) clothes according to her background. Shirou's clothes doesn't say a thing about him. Kojiro: WHY PURPLE SAMURAI!!!

So no. What you say is an overstatement.

Lancer outfit is a reference to the warriors of that time.

It was rumored that the Celtic warriors painted completely in blue before going to fight... if they were nude while doing this I don't really know.

But if it is true, then they decided to put a spandex than nude lancer. Imagine someone jumping all over the place with his dick bouncing.

Jan 28, 2014 12:28 PM

Jul 2007
Fai said:
Chinensis said:

The yaraon blog is vague enough for the travesty of anime original route to be an misunderstanding.

I'd rather have an anime original route than an adaptation of UBW or Fate, and if Nasu can write a dark, Fate Zero toned fantasy on the quality level of Tsukihime, HF, or Kara no Kyoukai, then I'd much rather have that than an adaptation of HF, as well. I've already read HF; I'd enjoy seeing it animated, but I'd much rather see Type-Moon put out some genuinely new content, instead of seeing Nasu go back to something he wrote in 2003.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Change, change the form of man. Free the might from fleshy mire. Boil the blood in heart of fire. Gone, gone the form of man. Rise the demon, Etrigan!
Jan 28, 2014 12:30 PM

Jan 2013
LunarMoon said:
Fai said:
Chinensis said:

I'd rather have an anime original route than an adaptation of UBW or Fate, and if Nasu can write a dark, Fate Zero toned fantasy on the quality level of Tsukihime, HF, or Kara no Kyoukai, then I'd much rather have that than an adaptation of HF, as well. I've already read HF; I'd enjoy seeing it animated, but I'd much rather see Type-Moon put out some genuinely new content, instead of seeing Nasu go back to something he wrote in 2003.

People actually want HF animated more because of the few fight scenes than the story itself by what I know of.

I mean, Sparks Liner High, Nine Lives Bullet Revolver and things like that.

Jan 28, 2014 12:38 PM

Jan 2013
BeyondDestiny said:
ssjokg said:
Forgetfulness said:
hyperknees91 said:
Anyone thinking they might show how
in this story?
Uh, wouldn't that be a bad end though?

Sep 2011
RyanSaotome said:
It will be a new story outside of the original work

So its filler then. God Damnit.

Isn't it written by the same guy? Either way they said it would keep the feel of Fate/Zero which to me sounds fantastic. In any case I'm sure it's going to be much better than that 2006 version which I thought was hilariously bad.

I'm looking forward to it, I loved Fate/Zero definitely will want to watch this. I'm actually glad it's a new story that way I'll be completely blind to the events.

Jan 2014
012yArthur0 said:

Lancer outfit is a reference to the warriors of that time.

It was rumored that the Celtic warriors painted completely in blue before going to fight... if they were nude while doing this I don't really know.

But if it is true, then they decided to put a spandex than nude lancer. Imagine someone jumping all over the place with his dick bouncing.

I know the whole Rune-magic thing, but with the VN oufit I first thought I was watching a SuperSentai Villain. Let alone the fact it barely had any runes to it.

012yArthur0 said:

Sparks Liner High.

I'm pretty confident it will end up happening, but with the mind-destroyed-thing being some sort of intermission between round 1 and 2.
Why I say this? I don't really know.
Jan 28, 2014 12:41 PM
Nov 2009
tsubasalover said:
[...] and some of the characters' outfits will also be modernized from their original designs.

So they will probably look like garbage -_-
Jan 28, 2014 12:43 PM

Aug 2009
Darth_Caedus said:
A similar tone to Fate/Zero?! That kills all hype. They are just trying to appease to casual Fate/Zero only fans. Now we get another cynical and overly serious Fate story. If Nasu writing it maybe it will be more idealistic like Stay Night, hopefully. Fate/Stay Night is vastly superior to Zero from the characters to the story to the perfectly balance tone and atmosphere, yet they give us some stupid Zero-ish thing. I wanted them to make a proper anime adaptation of the routes so the casual Zero anime only fans could see the real Fate in all it's glory :(

Just because FSN had too many kitchen scenes it doesnt mean it wasnt cynical or serious.
Progeusz said:

ssjokg said:
And there is Kirei vs Kiritsugu, Berserker vs Gil,Kiritusgu vs Kayneth.....
You mean the atrocious QUALITY in Batman world with shitty soundtrack? That was one of worse fights in F/Z. Ugly and wasted potential.
Well, not exactly shitty music, but compared to any random Emiya remix this fight was basically screaming for, the track used indeed sucked.

I am calling it good for what it was not what it could have been.I too wanted Emiya Time Alter and a room full of fire and even the goddamn bullet punch.It would be great if it was more like the Sound Drama.But what I got was still good.

ovoon7 said:
Fate/Zero is vastly superior to the original Fate Stay/Night in every way. The problem lies not just with the bad Deen adaptation, but a very overrated and dated visual novel. It's still a "good" visual novel, but it doesn't live up to the legendary precedent that Zero has begun.

Rage on friends, I'm loving this news.

Yeah...no...
Nucksen said:
i love, how ridiculously rabid some Visual Novel Fanboys tend to be. Nothing will ever please them and they always expect AT LEAST everything from the VN with no changes at all. Newsflash: that would be a very crappy anime.

There's no problem with it being a new story, as long as it still keeps the FSN feeling and atmosphere. It could easily be superior to anything one could make out of a direct adaption( the failure of the first FSN anime wasn't just because of DEEN. TM Visual Novels are very bound to their medium. You just can't adapt that easily in any other medium, e.g. anime. Everyone would've failed).

You mean the one with the CAPS LOCK MODE?

SomeonesReviews said:
People need to understand that the reason Stay/Night isn't that good is because the source material isn't that good. Fate/Zero is good because of Gen Urobuchi, so I hope this is more of a sequel to Fate/Zero than it is a remake of Stay/Night.

Yeah.That is why only 4 chars and some fights were the only actual thing that Gen wrote by himself...Everything else wasnt already made by Nasu.....
Chinensis said:

Even the anime had connections to FZ....even without counting the original fillers...
BeyondDestiny said:
ssjokg said:
Forgetfulness said:
hyperknees91 said:
in this story?

What does that have to do with what I am saying?

What I am saying is that even if Shirou wins and some of his loved ones die it could still be a good/normal end.

None of the ends in FSN are actual happy ones anyway.

All routes in FSN have equal chances of THAT happening.
012yArthur0 said:
BeyondDestiny said:
ssjokg said:
Forgetfulness said:
hyperknees91 said:
in this story?

It makes no sense.How would Archer escape from his contract?
Yes I dont accept the RN ending as real.
ssjokgJan 28, 2014 12:46 PM
Jan 28, 2014 12:45 PM

Jul 2007
012yArthur0 said:
BeyondDestiny said:
ssjokg said:
Forgetfulness said:
hyperknees91 said:
in this story?

Wrong

Oct 2007
Uriel_The_Fourth said:
Isn't it written by the same guy? Either way they said it would keep the feel of Fate/Zero which to me sounds fantastic. In any case I'm sure it's going to be much better than that 2006 version which I thought was hilariously bad.
No, it's only supervised by the guy who wrote F/SN. Yeah, it does sound good. Hopefully that means the anime will be closer to HF than UBW or Fate.

Jan 2013
ssjokg said:
Darth_Caedus said:
A similar tone to Fate/Zero?! That kills all hype. They are just trying to appease to casual Fate/Zero only fans. Now we get another cynical and overly serious Fate story. If Nasu writing it maybe it will be more idealistic like Stay Night, hopefully. Fate/Stay Night is vastly superior to Zero from the characters to the story to the perfectly balance tone and atmosphere, yet they give us some stupid Zero-ish thing. I wanted them to make a proper anime adaptation of the routes so the casual Zero anime only fans could see the real Fate in all it's glory :(

Just because FSN had too many kitchen scenes it doesnt mean it wasnt cynical or serious.
Progeusz said:

ssjokg said:
And there is Kirei vs Kiritsugu, Berserker vs Gil,Kiritusgu vs Kayneth.....
You mean the atrocious QUALITY in Batman world with shitty soundtrack? That was one of worse fights in F/Z. Ugly and wasted potential.
Well, not exactly shitty music, but compared to any random Emiya remix this fight was basically screaming for, the track used indeed sucked.

I am calling it good for what it was not what it could have been.I too wanted Emiya Time Alter and a room full of fire and even the goddamn bullet punch.It would be great if it was more like the Sound Drama.But what I got was still good.

ovoon7 said:
Fate/Zero is vastly superior to the original Fate Stay/Night in every way. The problem lies not just with the bad Deen adaptation, but a very overrated and dated visual novel. It's still a "good" visual novel, but it doesn't live up to the legendary precedent that Zero has begun.

Rage on friends, I'm loving this news.

Yeah...no...
Nucksen said:

There's no problem with it being a new story, as long as it still keeps the FSN feeling and atmosphere. It could easily be superior to anything one could make out of a direct adaption( the failure of the first FSN anime wasn't just because of DEEN. TM Visual Novels are very bound to their medium. You just can't adapt that easily in any other medium, e.g. anime. Everyone would've failed).

You mean the one that with the CAPS LOCK MODE?

SomeonesReviews said:

Yeah.That is why only 4 chars and some fights were the only actual thing that Gen wrote by himself...Everything else wasnt already made by Nasu.....
Chinensis said:

Even the anime had connections to FZ....even without counting the original fillers...
BeyondDestiny said:
ssjokg said:
Forgetfulness said:
hyperknees91 said:
in this story?

What does that have to do with what I am saying?

What I am saying is that even if Shirou wins but some of his loved ones die it could still be a good/normal end.

None of the ends in FSN are actual happy ones anyway.
012yArthur0 said:
BeyondDestiny said:
ssjokg said:
Forgetfulness said:
hyperknees91 said:
in this story?

It makes no sense.How would Archer escape from his contract?
Yes I dont accept the RN ending as real.

Nasu declared it canon.

However, since it is a multi-layered world canon, so it means that both ideas of ending of Fate are canon.

Jan 2014
Fai said:
As I said in the thread in the entry - Prepare for trainwreck of shittiest proportions.

Why does anime industry get filled up by megalomaniac auteur directors who believe they can "improve the original work"

It seems Ufotable did not learn ANYTHING from DEEN's mistakes and if they do this, I don't want those fuckers ANYWHERE NEAR TSUKIHIME ADAPTATION EVER.

I REFUSE to believe this till actual magazine comes out. This is suicide to ufotable's credibility.

RyanSaotome said:

So its filler then. God Damnit.

Yep. Some idiotic abomination thought htis was A GREAT IDEA

" PREVIOUS ADAPTATION WAS SHIT BECAUSE OF ANIME ORIGINAL BULLSHIT? LET'S MAKE A REMAEKE OF ONLY ANIME ORIGINAL BULLSHIT!~"

I won't drop it but I will sure as hell make fun of the bullshit trainwreck that is bound to happen.

If this anime turn outs to be superior to F/Z, somebody please, immortalize this rant!!
Jan 28, 2014 12:51 PM
Sep 2013
ssjokg said:
SomeonesReviews said:

Yeah.That is why only 4 chars and some fights were the only actual thing that Gen wrote by himself...Everything else wasnt already made by Nasu......

Source?

Fate/Zero is better than Fate/Stay Night in every single way, so I'm very happy they've decided to make a sequel to it rather than just remaking Stay/Night with prettier animation.
Jan 28, 2014 12:51 PM

Jan 2014
Lucumo said:
tsubasalover said:
[...] and some of the characters' outfits will also be modernized from their original designs.

I don't really get why some people are afraid of this. Is it for the fanservice menace? May I remember that F/Z had 0 fanservice (unless you count Gil's nude, whicht did make sense. So, to me, is not fanservice)
Jan 28, 2014 12:53 PM

Aug 2008
Progeusz said:
hyperknees91 said:
They weren't really epic in terms of fights. I mean the strategy and thought processes were cool, but other than that a book can't hold a candle to actual animation in portraying the movements of a fight.
Aniamtion isn't everything. Fights in VN can last more than whole episode but it doesn't stop them from being as exciting, if not more, as best scenes in F/Z anime.

For a physical fight...it's kinda important though. I don't think people like FSN fights for what went on physically during the fights. Just what the emotions the characters have. That's a little different.

I mean for example in HxH 2011 vs HxH 99. The "fight" part is handled much better in 2011. But the actual emotional bit is handled much better in 99. I think that's more what you guys are leaning towards.
Jan 28, 2014 12:56 PM

Apr 2009
I'm unsettled by this news, but I'd be stupid to call it outright bad when so little is known about it and it's being written by Nasu himself.

But if it's suppose to be like Fate/Zero, there is one ray of hope I'm holding up:

Waver might come back, since he wasn't even in the F/SN VN, this is his chance to be a main again. Hell, he might even be a Master
Jan 28, 2014 12:56 PM

Mar 2012
Zzzz... somewhat disappointed that its not following the visual novels. But since it says its important to the storyline. I wonder how this will go. I expect big things from Ufotable.

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Jan 28, 2014 12:57 PM

Aug 2009
012yArthur0 said:

Nasu declared it canon.

However, since it is a multi-layered world canon, so it means that both ideas of ending of Fate are canon.

That doesnt stop it from been just a dream for any of the two.
Even if somehow Shirou did a 180 degree turn and started to regret that he lost her, he still would have to NOT be

That he cant escape that fate was one of the points of UBW.
Jan 28, 2014 12:57 PM
Sep 2013
BeyondDestiny said:
OnionSoda said:
Lucumo said:
tsubasalover said:

I don't really get why some people are afraid of this. Is it for the fanservice menace? May I remember that F/Z had 0 fanservice (unless you count Gil's nude, whicht did make sense. So, to me, is not fanservice)

People are forgetting that F/SN was first introduced as an visual novel intended for adults while F/Z originated as an LN written by Urobuchi.

That's true, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't update their character designs.

Fate/Stay Night's character designs aren't that good anyway, so I'm happy they're bringing them up to modern day standards.
Jan 28, 2014 1:03 PM

Mar 2012
So is this canon?

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Jan 28, 2014 1:03 PM

Aug 2009
SomeonesReviews said:
BeyondDestiny said:
OnionSoda said:
Lucumo said:
tsubasalover said:

People are forgetting that F/SN was first introduced as an visual novel intended for adults while F/Z originated as an LN written by Urobuchi.

That's true, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't update their character designs.

Fate/Stay Night's character designs aren't that good anyway, so I'm happy they're bringing them up to modern day standards.

Do explain those modern day standards.

Not that I have a problem with new designs but I am reading bs here since even in FZ we didnt have any "modern designs".
Jan 28, 2014 1:05 PM

Jul 2007
Raven-kun said:
So is this canon?

No.
Jan 28, 2014 1:11 PM

Aug 2009
Just stop it Fai.
1.You have no idea how it will turn out even if it is a new route.
2.Everyone else except you is hyped EVEN NOW,even thought a little disappointed.
3.You yourself said that we dont actually know anything new so acting like this makes you look stupid.
Jan 28, 2014 1:13 PM

Jun 2012
Raven-kun said:
So is this canon?

If Nasu writes it then yes.
Jan 28, 2014 1:13 PM

Jan 2014
Raven-kun said:
So is this canon?

Technically, all is canon. Even the works yet to be created, even the FanFics as long as they condradict the inherent logic of the Nasuversu.
That's what happens with adding the multiple timelines+parallel worlds thing to your work.
Jan 28, 2014 1:18 PM

Aug 2009
OnionSoda said:
Raven-kun said:
So is this canon?

Technically, all is canon. Even the works yet to be created, even the FanFics as long as they condradict the inherent logic of the Nasuversu.
That's what happens with adding the multiple timelines+parallel worlds thing to your work.

No that's just retarded.

Is it made or recognized byType Moon and has actual connection with what is called NAsuverve?If yes then yeah it is canon.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (20) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production

DatRandomDude - 4 hours ago

17 by 18927 »»
27 minutes ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
59 minutes ago

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
2 hours ago

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Apr 16

23 by 3inPunisher »»
6 hours ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

10 by DylanVSAnimez »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.