Forum Settings
Forums

New 'Fate/stay night' TV Anime Announced For Fall 2014

New
Jan 28, 2014 7:50 AM

Nov 2007
According to the upcoming issue of Newtype Ace, the previously announced anime adaptation of visual novel Fate/stay night will be a TV series broadcast in Fall 2014. The source vaguely mentioned that it will be a new story outside of the original work that told by Kinoko Nasu, but is very important and near Fate/Zero in terms of feeling and atmosphere. It was further stated that Shirou Emiya will play a more central role in the new series, and some of the characters' outfits will also be modernized from their original designs.

Director: Takahiro Miura (Kara no Kyoukai 6: Boukyaku Rokuon)
Character Design: Tomonori Sudou (Fate/Zero), Hisayuki Tabata, Atsushi Ikariya (Fate/Zero)
Original Character Design: Takashi Takeuchi
Studio: ufotable

The visual novel was previously adapted into the TV series Fate/stay night in 2006 and movie Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works in 2010, by Studio Deen. Urobuchi Gen's novel was then adapted into the TV series Fate/Zero by ufotable in 2012.

Source: Yaraon

News submitted by: Mimerio

Previous related news: Visual Novel 'Fate/stay Night' to get New Anime Adaptation

Fate/stay night (2014) on MAL
myanimelistllcMay 1, 2016 7:00 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (20) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 28, 2014 7:53 AM

Aug 2009
tsubasalover said:
It was further stated that Shirou Emiya will play a more central role in the new seriesL

Didnt he already have that?He was the MMC in all 3 routes,YOU ARE HIM for 95% of the game.
Jan 28, 2014 7:54 AM

Apr 2010
It will be a new story outside of the original work

So its filler then. God Damnit.

Jan 28, 2014 7:55 AM

Apr 2007
Hurray!

and

tsubasalover said:
It will be a new story outside of the original work,

so people can stop arguing now about what route will be adapted now, I guess.
May 2013
As I -loved- the Kara no Kyoukai series, I can't wait for this!

Jul 2008
So now they're just making up stories so they can make more money off of the Fate/Stay Night name?
Jan 28, 2014 7:56 AM

Aug 2009
RyanSaotome said:

So its filler then. God Damnit.
Filler written by Nasu?
Jan 28, 2014 7:57 AM

May 2008
OOOOOOOOOOOO it will be a new story hopefully its still epic!!!

May 2010
New story huh... Not sure what to expect. Hopefully won't feel like a filler, at least. I also wonder how these new clothes will look like, though that's not this important anyway.

Nov 2012
so they're gonna putting some original stories here and there, hope it doesn't get sucked then,
now I'm less interested for the adaptation after reading some articles regarding it
Jan 28, 2014 8:00 AM

Mar 2008
2-D said:
So now they're just making up stories so they can make more money off of the Fate/Stay Night name?
It's a pretty solid plan.
Jan 28, 2014 8:01 AM

Nov 2011
Just a few more months to go ...
Jan 28, 2014 8:01 AM

Jun 2009
Somewhat dissapointed that it isn't completely following the VN, but still looking forward to it. Definitely won't condemn it before it is even released. I think Ufotable has earned my faith after Fate/Zero.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 28, 2014 8:02 AM

Aug 2009
Ckan said:
2-D said:
It's a pretty solid plan.

Type Moon did this way before ufotable.

Fate/ is TM's Gundam.
Jan 28, 2014 8:02 AM
Sep 2013
Nice ! can't wait !
Jan 28, 2014 8:03 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
ssjokg said:
tsubasalover said:
It was further stated that Shirou Emiya will play a more central role in the new seriesL

Didnt he already have that?He was the MMC in all 3 routes,YOU ARE HIM for 95% of the game.
yeah I don't really know what this is supposed to imply lol

dunno about having an original story, but I guess it's sensical given the options.. still a bit sceptical though but we'll see

Apr 2009
Ok, what do they mean with "new story outside of the original work"? Wasn't it kind of the point to adapt FSN instead of creating something different in the universe? Or is it just a nice way to say "we will try to write all three routes into one"?
Steel Ball Run anime when?

Aug 2010
New work? : (

Can I hope for at least a few things?
「一人殺せば犯罪者だけど、千人殺せば英雄になれる。百万人殺せば征服者だし、絶滅させれば神よ」
Jan 28, 2014 8:04 AM
Jul 2013
Either way...

SAO 2 is fucked.
Jan 28, 2014 8:05 AM

Aug 2009
BeyondDestiny said:

All that in one?
We want it to be better than Deen's version not worse....
Jan 28, 2014 8:05 AM
Feb 2012
*refers to fan rage for having this as an original story rather than adapted*
"And here we... Go!"
Jan 28, 2014 8:06 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
BeyondDestiny said:

I'd like to see all of that in the same route..

Xinception said:
Either way...

SAO 2 is fucked.
Was SAO II ever confirmed to be starting during the Fall season?
Jan 28, 2014 8:08 AM

Feb 2010
Some twiiter sources says that Nasu will write this right ? if yes, this will be awesome.
Jan 28, 2014 8:09 AM

Dec 2012
Well I guess this means that it is not a remake and that I have to go watch the original Fate stay/Night. Considering the various mediocre things I've heard and the fact that I have already watched Fate Zero...sigh
Jan 28, 2014 8:10 AM

Jul 2009
A Fate Stay/Night whiteout Shirou is not possible? :(

Aug 2010
ssjokg said:
BeyondDestiny said:
Snip.

All that in one?
We want it to be better than Deen's version not worse....

Nah - I'm not willing to see an incoherent story even if the number of scenes they display is lacking. The overall experience of F/SN is what makes it great. 2-3 would be good.

I hope this oversells (like Zero) - Maybe Ufoable can take it upon themselves to adapt some of the better bad endings like
*hug noises*

May 2013
Sovietcong said:
Well I guess this means that it is not a remake and that I have to go watch the original Fate stay/Night. Considering the various mediocre things I've heard and the fact that I have already watched Fate Zero...sigh
or you know... go read the VN instead?
Jan 28, 2014 8:11 AM

Mar 2013
new route or just remake?
Jan 28, 2014 8:12 AM
Aug 2012
At worst it will be DEEN FSN v2

At best it would be something better than than "Fate" route. There goes my hope for UBW adaptation.

So why do they adapt LN/VN if they aren't even going to follow them and make up their own fantasy. DS2 had a bs adaptation, IS2 didn't even bother following source material..............just a few examples.

ssjokg said:
tsubasalover said:

So is it going to another soulless husk of the character named Shiro again? Guess we won't see him getting any justice. So what's next...........are they going to announce that Saber's bust size has increased?

Jan 28, 2014 8:12 AM

Aug 2009
Sovietcong said:

Read the Visual Novel.
Bakura said:

Not possible.
Unless if you want an actual tragic "world's end" ending, with all characters not named Gilgamesh and Kirei suffering throughout the story.
Jan 28, 2014 8:13 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
ssjokg said:
Bakura said:

Not possible.
Unless if you want an actual tragic "world's end" ending, with all characters not named Gilgamesh and Kirei suffering throughout the story.
That would actually be interesting if you phrase it like that :3
Jan 28, 2014 8:13 AM

Jan 2011
i hope this time we get some good action unlike Zero which even though it had some well animated fights none of them was particularly amazing
Jan 28, 2014 8:14 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
inb4 they pull a School Days and randomly adapt one of the bad ends
Jan 28, 2014 8:15 AM

Aug 2009
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

ssjokg said:
tsubasalover said:

So is it going to another soulless husk of the character named Shiro again? Guess we won't see him getting any justice. So what's next...........are they going to announce that Saber's bust size has increased?
HOw the hell did you get that from what it was said about Shirou?

Weird as it sounds, having a more centralrole, it is like stating that they will focus on him.
Jan 28, 2014 8:16 AM

Aug 2010
Bakura said:

Jan 28, 2014 8:16 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
silversaint said:
i hope this time we get some good action unlike Zero which even though it had some well animated fights none of them was particularly amazing
yeah that was my main problem with F/Z; after reading F/SN it just felt so much less epic in comparison, and all the Servants just felt weaker which also made the fights seem a lot less spectacular compared to how intensely they were portrayed in the VN

the only fight I really liked in Zero was
Jan 28, 2014 8:17 AM

Aug 2009
HaXXspetten said:
ssjokg said:
Bakura said:

Not possible.
That would actually be interesting if you phrase it like that :3
Interesting yes,satisfying no.
silversaint said:

Implying that Fate/'s selling point is the fights.
And there is Kirei vs Kiritsugu,Berserker vs Gil,Kiritusgu vs Kayneth.....
Jan 28, 2014 8:18 AM

Feb 2012
tsubasalover said:

Well i trust ufotable, that something good will...
and some of the characters' outfits will also be modernized from their original designs.

screw them. Really sounds like mainstreaming the outfits to something more "normal" for anime standards. The outfits are one of the biggest charming points in the TM Designs. Changing them is a No-Go.
In 9/10 cases, the worst thing about an anime is its fandom.
Jan 28, 2014 8:20 AM

Dec 2012
HaXXspetten said:
Sovietcong said:

I know. I have considered it after watching Fate Zero but VN take a lot time. However i'll just need to find the time to get to that.

Aug 2009
HaXXspetten said:
silversaint said:
yeah that was my main problem with F/Z; after reading F/SN it just felt so much less epic in comparison, and all the Servants just felt weaker which also made the fights seem a lot less spectacular compared to how intensely they were portrayed in the VN

the only fight I really liked in Zero was

Most of FSN's Servants ARE stronger than FZ's anyway.They dont just look like.
ssjokgJan 28, 2014 8:24 AM
Aug 2012
ssjokg said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

ssjokg said:
tsubasalover said:

HOw the hell did you get that from what it was said about Shirou?

Weird as it sounds, having a more centralrole, it is like stating that they will focus on him.

Well i guess i got too depressed................i really wanted to see him portrayed properly.

Bakura said:

In your dreams!!!

Jan 28, 2014 8:21 AM

Aug 2009
Sovietcong said:
HaXXspetten said:
Sovietcong said:

I know. I have considered it after watching Fate Zero but VN take a lot time. However i'll just need to find the time to get to that.
Better to find time for the VN than watching the anime and THEN reading it.
Jan 28, 2014 8:21 AM

Jul 2012
PTW/10

Really keen for this, would really like to see some art too!
Jan 28, 2014 8:22 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
ssjokg said:
Implying that Fate/'s selling point is the fights
Honestly I'd say it is. Well okay not the 'selling point' per se, but it was at least what made F/SN as good as it was. It's not like the story is bonkers amazing by itself, nor is it particularly emotional however when it kicked up the action it just had this aura of being awesome. At least that's where the enjoyment value came in, which of course was emphasized by the entire system. It's more like the Servant fights was what brought out all the components of the setting itself to its potential.

ed: well okay UBW was great in a lot more ways but that's only one third of it
Jan 28, 2014 8:24 AM

Jan 2011
ssjokg said:

from what ive seen of the Fate franchise it looked like fighting was the selling point
Kirei vs Kiritsugu was ok the few moments they were fighting instead of talking, i wasnt annoyed that the fight got interrupted cause almost every other fight in Zero got interrupted before so i was expecting that, Berserk vs Gil was an entertaining CG fest with a rather lame conclusion, Kayneth fight was actually quite decent, no complains about that one
Jan 28, 2014 8:26 AM

Jun 2009
Sovietcong said:
HaXXspetten said:
Sovietcong said:

F/SN is split up into "days", so what I recommend doing is read a in game day every day or so. Of course, that is easier said than done given how addicting this VN can be once it gets going.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 28, 2014 8:29 AM

Aug 2009
silversaint said:
ssjokg said:

from what ive seen of the Fate franchise it looked like fighting was the selling point
Kirei vs Kiritsugu was ok the few moments they were fighting instead of talking

If by fate franchise you only mean FZ, it is just that unlike FSN's anime it had great animation and it did look epic.And because whenever someone was disappointed that "it was all talk" everyone was saying to wait for the eps that had fights.
Power levels are more of a selling point in Type Moon...and you dont even need scenes for those(including manga,VN etc)

They didnt talk to each other, not even once, before waking up from the dream.
Jan 28, 2014 8:29 AM

Dec 2012
ssjokg said:
Sovietcong said:
HaXXspetten said:
Sovietcong said:

Better to find time for the VN than watching the anime and THEN reading it.

Exactly. That's the reason why I've put off watching the original for so long. Until I get to play the VN or watch a remake. Even with a remake I'd still go read the VN.

insan3Spectre said:
Sovietcong said:
HaXXspetten said:
Sovietcong said:

F/SN is split up into "days", so what I recommend doing is read a in game day every day or so. Of course, that is easier said than done given how addicting this VN can be once it gets going.

I'll keep that in mind. Thanks :D

Moderator Edit
Please do not double post~
Suzune-chanJan 28, 2014 12:35 PM
Jan 28, 2014 8:31 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Sovietcong said:
insan3Spectre said:
Sovietcong said:
HaXXspetten said:
Sovietcong said:

I'll keep that in mind. Thanks :D
the days are extremely varied for actual playtime though
Jan 28, 2014 8:32 AM

Sep 2012
It will be a new story outside of the original work, but is very important and near Fate/Zero in terms of feeling and atmosphere.

DROPPED.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (20) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production

DatRandomDude - 11 hours ago

43 by VivavideoUser2x »»
23 minutes ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - 58 minutes ago

0 by Snow »»
58 minutes ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
8 hours ago

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
9 hours ago

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Apr 16

23 by 3inPunisher »»
Yesterday, 6:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.