Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 22, 2010 11:44 PM

Aug 2008
Are you sure this episode is of Kodomo no Jikan??? Well it is since it had Rin... and Rin is still perverted... Hahahahaha Really if it wasn't for the bath scene i would have completely doubted this episode was really number six of Kodomo no Jikan 1st Season...

Man their past is so saaad!!! Once I think Reiji asked himself, why do you make that effort to be so happy Rin? Well it's all because her mother taught her to be always happy... Or so it looked like that, anyways her mom was amazing since she never gave up and tried to give the best for her little daughter... Give her all the love she could receive... and Reiji... Reiji's appearance was really lucky... for both parts. I mean if it wasn't for Aki Reiji would be a drug addict or a booze addict or he could be already dead... yeh mainly Aki but Rin also did her part to finally save the poor Reiji... And I'd be as depressed as him since he lived such a sucky life with his parents...

And just when things where going perfectly fine, Aki falls ill and in the end dies out of cancer... damn such a painful way to die... and Lung Cancer nonetheless... Man that's a real reason to be pissed and extremely depressed... Can't understand why such a sweet woman could die of cancer. Well that happened...

So then the good ol' Reiji is Rin's uncle? crazy... thought he was her cousin or something else not her uncle. Interesting... And awesome to know that he actually see her as his daughter! I could careless of Aoki now XD he can rot in hell now XD and Reiji... stop doubting and destroy Aoki if he dares touching Rin! XD

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 12, 2010 3:09 AM

Jan 2010
I knew it!this isn't about lolis,it's about family!

**feels relieved**

dude this episode was....undescribable :D,it was amazing to say the least!

so that's why Rin wants so much attention,and I don't think she loves sensei on more than a father-daughter basis

poor Rin's mom :-(,it's not fair...
i find it funny btw that she who is a side character had more development than Rin's classmates xP

5/5,i wish i could give it more :p
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Aug 25, 2010 1:20 PM

Aug 2009
great touching episode...
Didn't expect this in this series!
Oct 7, 2010 10:23 PM

Sep 2010
I loved this anime before for a different way but this ep... wow.

Hard to believe something as touching and deep came from same anime, and yes, I did cry. It added a real sense of drama, which although unexpected, was very good.

At first I didn't know if I was supposed to be weirded out by the cousin love but they really seemed to love each other and somehow it just seemed right. Little Reiji really stepped up and became the man, and I am not just saying that because the whole scene at night with Aki. I can see why he is so protective over Rin, and maybe see why Rin has a little issues of her own (although there is nothing wrong with being a loli ^^).
Nov 8, 2010 8:14 PM

Sep 2010
wow did not expect a romance-drama twist to the series. entirely different from the atmosphere from earlier episodes. Nicely executed.

Reiji pimping is EPIC :D.
oh the seiyuu is Tomokazu Sugita ... that explains things
now next epi. will probably be a bit awkward...
coolwolfNov 8, 2010 8:22 PM

Nov 14, 2010 2:06 AM

Mar 2010
wow this episode was so great i actually cried...wow.....this episode alone makes this anime great....

"I am the bone of my sword,
Steel is my body and Fire is my blood,
I have created over a thousand blades,
Unknown to Death,
Nor known to Life,
Have withstood pain to create many weapons,
Yet, those hands will never hold anything,
So as I pray, unlimited blade works"
Mar 14, 2011 5:21 PM

Nov 2010
clannad worthy episode. i sheded manly tears.
Apr 14, 2011 3:10 PM
Jul 2018
manly tears..were shed

was not expecting this sort of episode in this kinda series -
Apr 30, 2011 3:44 AM
Oct 2009
Did the director of this series take a sick leave for a week? This episode was so different from the previous ones. Although I didn't like that cousin to cousin love relationship, but we finally get some character insights, at least in Reiji's part. Glad to see a whole episode dedicated to Reiji's past. It's gonna be interesting to see how the story goes from here, especially his dislikes against Aoki.
The window, the window shopping! Hooo!
Jun 20, 2011 6:30 PM
Dec 2008
I was thinking about dropping it, i'm glad I reached this episode.

It was surprinsigly good and different from the rest of the show.
Jul 2, 2011 5:38 PM

Mar 2011
Whoa! The DEEP episode came and it did not disappoint!

I'm glad the animatoprs didnt decide to do a lighter anime based on the manga, and went with the tragedy that is KnJ. Messed up childhood begat's messed up childhood.

Poor Reiji's mind must be an absolute mess.
Jul 5, 2011 2:19 PM

Jul 2010
Just had to comment on this episode since I began my Kodomo no Jikan marathon. A serious episode which jerked some tears from me. The background information really helps to see why Rin acts the way she does.
Nov 16, 2011 2:11 AM

Sep 2011
I almost cried. This episode gave me a whole different perspective on this Anime. I am really starting to love the development, suprisingly. o.o

On a different note, Reiji's bed comment harsh threw me off guard.
Feb 3, 2012 2:41 PM

Sep 2011
n0ob3d said:
At first i looked upon this anime as typical loli ecchi material but this episode has gained its respect of something more than that. Im starting to look at this anime in a better light than before.

This.
Feb 26, 2012 7:00 AM
Jan 2009
clannad4ever said:
I knew it!this isn't about lolis,it's about family!

**feels relieved**

dude this episode was....undescribable :D,it was amazing to say the least!

so that's why Rin wants so much attention,and I don't think she loves sensei on more than a father-daughter basis

poor Rin's mom :-(,it's not fair...
i find it funny btw that she who is a side character had more development than Rin's classmates xP

5/5,i wish i could give it more :p

What the hell? are you completly retarded or something?
Apr 14, 2012 3:22 PM

Feb 2010
Didn't expect them to have this kind of story in an anime about a loli seducing a teacher Lol. Weird I see this cousin incest thing in anime quite a lot.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 30, 2012 7:04 AM
Sep 2011
Foi o mais bonito até agora!!
Jul 23, 2012 11:47 PM

Jul 2012
I didn't expect them to talked about Rin's mother. The story was so sad, that I couldn't hold my tears. I think when Renji hugged her mother and said he'll protected her (when they went back from the beach) was the best one.

Set aside the cousin-love thing, I think I kinda wished that they could get together. They're totally cute couple.

This is really the best episode.

Toshino Kyoko!!!
Aug 6, 2012 2:11 PM

Oct 2009
Sad ep, glad we got to see some background though. At least Rin's mom found happiness in her remaining days.
El Psy Congroo

まだまだだね!!!
Aug 15, 2012 1:30 PM

Apr 2008
Awesome. I enjoyed that girl sensitiveness in writing this very touching episode.

The cousins in love are funny to watch. The interrupted sex scene is conceivable only by a woman, lol, but I liked it very much.

If I were a woman, after this episode I were fall for Reiji. As a man, I can only admire him for f***ing such an awesome girl like Aki. AND to have the chance to love her.

GO REIJI and beat the crap out of that spineless roricon teacher!!
Aug 29, 2012 1:59 PM

Aug 2012

Just some of my input:

That was a really sad episode :(
Poor Rin losing Aki is such a tragic way.
The character development was rather well done. :)

Aug 31, 2012 8:45 PM

Jul 2012
this episode really explained a whole lot. I was really impressed with the storytelling and wasn't expecting the cousin relationship twist, like, at all. Twice the taboo :)!!
Oct 3, 2012 11:44 AM

Jun 2012
That ending was really creepy, Reiji is weirding me out a bit.
Oct 10, 2012 2:36 AM

Jul 2011
I saw that coming...same year as Clannad.
Nov 6, 2012 5:29 AM
Jan 2009
The cranes reminded me of the story of Sadako Sasaki. Very sad episode indeed.
Nov 10, 2012 9:09 AM

Mar 2010
finally a good story part omg I cried it was sooo sad ( and I dont cry easily from an anime) T^T poor rin ... and poor reiji
Nov 18, 2012 9:41 PM
Aug 2012
well if im not depressed now...
Feb 24, 2013 9:33 AM
Aug 2012
Started watching this season today, then bam hit episode 6, all my laughter turned into a sad face with teary eyes :(
Jun 26, 2013 11:47 PM

Nov 2009
Started rewatching KnJ at work and remembered exactly how much I loved this show.

Can certainly look on it with a fresh perspective now I've read the whole manga as well.

You can't help but sympathise with Reiji after losing Aki. Cancer is something that is not often used as a plot device in anime, at least from what I've seen to date so it's always something interesting to see.

Rin is still the most adorable loli ever created, regardless of her age though!! =)
Aug 9, 2013 7:50 AM

May 2012
I never guessed a serious drama episode would be in this kind of anime and to be honest I loved that they actually added it, it gives all the characters and the whole anime more value! They did the whole episode correct and even put some serious sad moments in! Really amazing episode that pumped up the score for me as well!
Sep 2, 2013 2:19 PM
Nov 2009
Splitter said:
This episode... this episode right here is why I'm watching this show.

Reiji just became one of the most fascinating characters of the season, and the entire second half was downright tragic. It never forced you to cry. It already expected you to, and god did I cry T_T

Anyone in doubt about watching this series still must watch this episode. This, this right here, is why I love anime.

Well put.
I cant explain it any better than that!
This IS the reason why I watch anime!
Nov 19, 2013 8:26 AM
Jul 2018
ainky said:
I saw that coming...same year as Clannad.

Uhmm Agreed.
Dec 18, 2013 3:55 PM

Apr 2012
wtf.. I didn't ask for these feelings... I just wanted a show with lolis in it ;_;
なんとかなる
Dec 21, 2013 9:54 PM

Feb 2013
that was a really sad story
Apr 3, 2014 12:14 PM
Jan 2013
this episode made me cry... and in the genres it says ecchi comedy school... damn you MAL!
Sep 8, 2014 9:18 PM

Jun 2013
Damn ninjas cutting onions again :(
Sep 11, 2014 2:12 PM

Feb 2013
Holy shit that was sad....god damn.....I was not expecting that.....but I think that episode may have bumped up my score for this series.
Aug 22, 2015 2:54 PM

Feb 2015
I'm so glad I didn't drop it. This episode was beautiful.
Oct 22, 2015 10:53 AM

May 2015
Man certainly wasn't expecting this type of quality drama going into this anime. Really impressed with this show so far. What an awesome episode. Anime never ceases to amaze me.
Oct 25, 2015 8:10 AM
Oct 2015
This might be the best anime episode I've ever watched. At least it's the one that touched me the most. I didn't think I would cry the second time I watched it, but I was crying non-stop for the second half of the episode. From this on the story goes from being pure comedy to being taken to a completely new level.

It's sad that we only got a single season and some extra episodes of Kodomo no Jikan, but fortunately the manga takes the story to it's conclusion. Just make sure to not read it in a public place. The loli fanservice in the manga makes the fanservice in the anime seem quite light...
Aug 24, 2016 4:37 PM

Dec 2015
Wow, this episode left me speechless. I am not a big fan of lolis and thought the whole relationship thing between Rin and Aoki was dumb. This episode actually got me invested in some side characters more than the main characters lol. This was one of the most saddest things I have seen in anime/manga besides Sundome ending. Aki and Reiji really seemed to love each other even if they were cousins. It is probably because it was basically them against the world, all they had was each other.

The sex scene was done really tastefully and had a romantic feel to it, so it was nicely placed. Gosh, this episode made me so sad :'(... Aki-chan, I love you too girl, you're such a trooper.
Dec 7, 2016 6:21 PM

Feb 2014
Well.... No news this will be the best episode of the series.
I know that dramas itselves are usually touching and appreciated, but this one here was really well done.
TechOtakuDec 7, 2016 6:32 PM
May 10, 2017 11:42 AM

Feb 2013
My kokoro broke, poor Reiji and Rin.
Life is a bitch, why did she have to die right when she found someone who loved her.
May 18, 2017 7:28 PM
Jul 2018
I felt sorry for him in till he started F***ing his cousin.
Jul 6, 2017 6:28 AM

Feb 2014
Yup, by far the best episode. Didn't expect to see an episode like this in an ecchi/pedobait anime.

Also, this is one of the few anime I've watched where the show actually bothers to give the "sickly dying girl" a real disease, rather than lazily leaving it at "she always had a weak body".
Mar 24, 2018 2:13 PM

Oct 2012
Wow, this came as really big suprise, to show backstory like this, it totaly changes my view of Reiji (and Rin too... all those cranes, so sad).

This was both heavy and well done in terms of character developement. Just one episode and it almost made the rest of the series and its lolicon character so shallow when compared to this. Almost like different anime even, totally different quality level, Clannad I see you there.

Now I only wonder if they can even surpass this with their forbidden teacher-student relationship.

Mar 9, 2019 9:01 PM

Mar 2016
Y'know from the first episode I thought this series has had above-average production values and some very thoughtful direction. So, an episode like this does not feel out of place at all. I think it fits perfectly fine, and is made more powerful by the preceding eps, cause they are pretty subdued in tone and this feeling has sort of permeated a lot of it. I'd say it's up there with some of the better backstory episodes, which in my opinion, have a tendency to fall flat or feel disconnected from the rest. Good stuff.
Dec 13, 2019 9:45 PM

Jan 2018
Best episode so far and is also my favorite one. Love the drama and Reiji's backstory as well as his and Aki's love story - it's sweet but also tragic. The sex scene is very well done by the way.
Dec 26, 2019 1:35 AM
Jul 2018
Why is everyone freaking out about cousin incest in a show about the relationship between a 3rd grader and her teacher? LMAO

It was a nice episode, made me care about Reiji and respect him, who I didn't care about before.
Jul 11, 2020 2:50 AM

Feb 2016
I'm legit crying...
It really unfortunate that people dropped this anime before seeing this ep (or too afraid to ever try this anime)
I can't wait to see what will happen to Rin's relationship with his sensei and what Reiji's opinion of it!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» What reasons are there NOT to watch Kodomo no Jikan?

Carvewin91 - Jan 10, 2023

13 by luksthefool »»
Mar 19, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Kodomo no Jikan Episode 7 Discussion

Tenshin - Nov 25, 2007

26 by Acctra »»
Jan 10, 6:49 PM

Poll: » Kodomo no Jikan Episode 12 Discussion

Maeni - Dec 17, 2008

44 by Erquint »»
Oct 13, 2023 3:16 PM

Poll: » Kodomo no Jikan Episode 11 Discussion

Crisu - Dec 22, 2007

43 by Erquint »»
Oct 13, 2023 2:17 PM

Poll: » Kodomo no Jikan Episode 10 Discussion

Tenshin - Dec 15, 2007

35 by Erquint »»
Oct 13, 2023 1:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.