Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 24, 2009 6:57 PM

Feb 2009
Discuss here about your thoughts, opinions, theories, suggestions, and predictions about the King of Hell manhwa series. As the title says there will be spoilers included in the thread so if you don't want to be spoiled please don't read any further.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
Majeh-SamaApr 10, 2009 12:19 AM
I see the world how it is... in shades of gray. Nothing is totally clean... or totally dirty! - Majeh

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Apr 6, 2009 8:01 AM
Mar 2009
im not sure really what to expect in the upcoming volumes, it appears majeh's rival is immensely strong and hell have to resort to his old form to beat him. Im curious to see how many other rivals he had, and id like to know how he actually died...
Apr 13, 2009 1:15 PM

Feb 2009
It looks like we might see Majeh go all out against Murin, this should be a good fight to see.

I would like to know how he died as well. From what I can tell it looks like Majeh died at a young age. Another thing I wanted to find out is back in volume 9 while everyone was in Devil mountain looking for the sword of King Pa Chun, Majeh says that he knew exactly where it was but never said where. That let me to wondering that if the sword he carries around with him is in fact that sword.
Majeh-SamaApr 13, 2009 9:40 PM
I see the world how it is... in shades of gray. Nothing is totally clean... or totally dirty! - Majeh

Apr 18, 2009 7:39 AM
Mar 2009
Very good point about the sword. They do seem to focus a lot on his sword. After Majeh defeated the leader of the Sa Goks, Baby went back and retrieved his sword. I only read that volume raw, so Im not totally sure. The fact that he resorts to a teenage form under the seal might mean that he died at a young age, unlike Murin who maintained his adult form while under one of the seals...
Apr 18, 2009 11:35 AM

Feb 2009
I finally got volume 31 in the mail the other day. Doesn't seem to be much action happening in this volume other than the fact Murin is finally released from the seal. Later in the volume Murin seems to meet with the leaders of the White and Black sects about something but I wish I can read Korean so I know what they are talking about.

Meanwhile it looks like Majeh and crew where dragged into sometype of Caesar's style gladiator tournament and everyone has to struggle to survive. I like the part where Majeh just kicks the Caesar look alike and he falls into the tiger pits. XD Also it looks like the character from the Devil mountain "Hunter" is back in this volume. I can't wait to see what happens in the next volume coming out next month.
Majeh-SamaApr 18, 2009 11:42 AM

Apr 18, 2009 1:04 PM
Mar 2009
yeah, i just got it in the mail this week and read it too, seems like we are on the same page. I was hoping that Murin and Majeh would get into it, but im sure we are gonna have to wait for that. Im curious if Majeh's seal is lifted for good for the rest of the series because there is no way he can beat Murin in his teenage form. I am also pretty sure he hasn't caught all of the escaped demons yet so that storyline should develop into something..im totally pumped for next month's volume too.
Apr 20, 2009 3:33 AM

Feb 2009
I'm not sure exactly but I think Majeh still has to capture a couple more demons before they're all captured. I think the creators will make the fight between Majeh and Murin epic and long where it might last 5 or more volumes. I would also like to see Cerberus return to his human form and see how he compares against Murin as well.

Another character I'm wondering if they'll ever bring back to fight against Majeh is that Soora demon from volume #1.

Apr 20, 2009 7:12 AM
Mar 2009
you're absolutely right, all good points.
Apr 23, 2009 8:42 AM
Mar 2009
im also thinking too, that in one of the volumes where majeh lost his memory, he was battling in his mind with the demon that provides him with his heavens arrow of judgement, so im thinking that will be a major point of interest at some point in the series, it also leads me to believe that is in fact how majeh died, that he made a deal with the devil to have great strength, but it would cost him his life....im not totally sure, just speculating...
Apr 23, 2009 10:42 PM

Feb 2009
Interesting point that you mentioned. I believe that the devil your talking about appears in volume 23. It looks like that Tokyopop will be pushing the release date back a little bit further for vol. 23 because of the layoffs they had back in January. In fact they don't even have vol. 23 of King of Hell listed on their site yet which makes me worry that they pushed the release date back a month or two or it's been temperary postponed.

I'm just hoping that the company doesn't go into bankruptcy for a few reasons.
One: There's no guarantee that King of Hell may or may not be published again in the US if in fact they do go bankrupt.
Two: If it does get republished by another company we may have to wait another few more years until they catch back up where Tokyopop left off.

Hopefully Tokyopop can survive these tough economic times.

Apr 25, 2009 5:04 AM

Apr 2009
Well Since ive read up to only 21, idk if i should be in here but w.e. Anyways now that majeh knows how to remove the seals everytime who thinks hes just gonna stab himself everytime he thinks he might not be able to beat some1..? What i really want to know is how long he can stay in his regular form for. =\

Sig By Me =)
Apr 26, 2009 8:40 PM

Feb 2009
I'm not sure myself. The King of Hell should just take that seal off of him so Majeh doesn't have to kill himself each time he wants to change to his adult form. From my guess it looks like Majeh stays in that form until the fatal wound that caused his temporary death is healed.

Apr 29, 2009 8:13 AM
Mar 2009
does majeh have the strength sealing seal on his back? I think we saw it in the first volume, but that was it
May 1, 2009 12:34 PM

Apr 2009
I think it was shown either on the back of his neck or right below his neck on his back, I forget.

Sig By Me =)
May 3, 2009 2:41 AM

Feb 2009
Most of the seal that we see in volume 1 covers most of Majeh's back. I believe this is the only time that the seal was shown in the series.

May 3, 2009 4:29 PM
Mar 2009
Im interested in seeing what kwang looks like and what kind of power he has, also I have a feeling that cerberus is going to be playing a much bigger part as the series rolls along where he will have to fight in his human form.
May 3, 2009 8:27 PM
Mar 2009
The Insane Hounds. These dudes are the epitome of a great supporting cast for majeh because they are invincible now, and they are scared to death of majeh so essentially he has 3 more slaves to do whatever he wants. Whatever was in that holy water that they bathed in, seems to have made them immortal. I love it how they consistently show up throughout the series adding great comic relief
May 4, 2009 2:39 AM

Feb 2009
Everytime I see the Insane Hounds in the manhwa they crack me up. XD They remind me of the three stooges (Larry, Moe, and Curly). XD

Jun 4, 2009 1:34 PM

Feb 2009
I just got volume 32 and it looks like Majeh will finally get his chance to fight against Murin in the next volume. This volume reintroduces the beautiful Maitreyopts women and her father from volume 1. I'm glad to see that the author is bringing back some familiar faces from earlier on in the series.

From what I can tell from this volume is that it was sad for me for two reasons. For one it looks like Murin has killed Samhuk. I'm not sure why Samhuk was on that temple in the first place. My guess is that Majeh ordered Samhuk to spy on Murin to see what his plans are. I was also sad when the Maitreyopts women (I wish I know her real name) was captured by Murin's men and was being brutally tortured.

I can tell Majeh looks pissed for seeing what Murin's men has done to the Maitreyopts girl and for what happened to Samhuk. I can't wait to see how Majeh will fair against Murin when they finally battle against one another. But judging what I seen so far it's looks like Majeh will definitely will have to resort to his old form and/or a helping hand from his friends like Cerberus in his human form to help him defeat Murin.

Jun 27, 2009 5:32 PM
Mar 2009
oh yeah!!! i don't think samhuk is dead for good, or maybe im just in denial, because he has been in the series since volume 1, i would have liked to have seen anybody go before samhuk.....
Sep 3, 2009 9:07 PM

Feb 2009
New information on volume 33 here's the translation I got from google translate along with the cover which's looks badass.Sorry no larger picture available yet:

Muringwa Majesty, like a reunion destiny!

Aji Japanese girl's eyes, robbed of another, his ambition dagaseon murin one step further.
Her Majesty's arch-enemy in front of diabolical cruelty that anger is exploding!
Maitreya through the underworld towards the way you want to create murin.
He had created a huge trap magunge thousand people gathered neck of the Wulin seeking volatile crisis!
On behalf of Her Majesty in witchcraft murinui stranded and had to do my colleagues see things off ...?!!

So it looks like the Maitreyopts girl name is Aji from what I can tell from here.

Jan 27, 2010 4:48 PM

Jul 2008
Any idea on TokyoPop's stance/progression on publication of the translations?
Feb 1, 2010 4:46 AM

Feb 2009
sinistra45 said:
Any idea on TokyoPop's stance/progression on publication of the translations?

Nothing yet so far. =( I been checking out Tokyopop releases for up until April and it hasn't been posted or mentioned yet. If I find out anything I'll let you guys know.

Dec 7, 2010 9:20 AM
Dec 2010
Jun 18, 2011 4:16 AM

Feb 2009
Here's what I thought about volume 38. FYI I can't read much Korean so most of what I will be mentioning will be judged by viewing the artwork.

Click spoiler below.

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Poll: » Favorite King of Hell Character

Majeh-Sama - Mar 22, 2009

22 by me25 »»
Jan 16, 2012 1:58 AM

» King of Hell VS. Bleach

Majeh-Sama - Aug 17, 2009

16 by Arwenia »»
Aug 13, 2011 4:20 AM

Sticky: » King of Hell Member ID Cards, (REQUEST THEM HERE) ( 1 2 )

Majeh-Sama - Apr 13, 2009

88 by Arwenia »»
Aug 13, 2011 4:10 AM

Sticky: » !!!King of Hell Info and Links!!!

Majeh-Sama - Aug 9, 2011

0 by Majeh-Sama »»
Aug 9, 2011 1:29 AM

» KOH ID Card Theme Change Requests

Majeh-Sama - May 13, 2009

10 by pupsia »»
May 1, 2011 12:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.