Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 27, 2014 6:18 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Aww, Carl looks cute as a kid :p

Seems like he felt more lonely even though he was with her sister most of the time. I find some of the scenes to be pretty well done especially with the beauty at night using the aurora. I don't blame Carl's sister getting pissed after coming back since she is worried about him though.

Looks like that mage girl shows up at the end. The little bits of back stories were kinda nice to hear.
Stark700Jan 27, 2014 7:22 AM
Jan 27, 2014 7:21 AM

Aug 2013
LOL I kinda felt bad for Ignacio... he got slapped for trying to rescue them.
Jan 27, 2014 7:39 AM

May 2013
Woah that ending. I did not see that coming, Claire being Nina Viento. I wonder what Kal-El is gonna do if he finds out who she really is.
Jan 27, 2014 7:55 AM

Aug 2010
Good episode. Loved the flash backs. They gave quite a good backstory for Kal and Ari.

They're first meeting was cute. Ari's jealousy about him being the bigger brother was lol XD And how her older sisters thanked their dad for bringing them a little brother as if he was bringing them a toy present XDXDXD

The scene when his dad let him fly behind him was really beautiful :)

Loved the sweet moments between Kal and Claire. They're so cute together. Claire's yell was cute :3...Too bad I don't think this will last long.

Wouldn't people misunderstand seeing both of them sleeping 'naked' besides each other if they saw them though lol ;D

Well seems Kal has hit the peak of his good luck for now. I'm pretty sure things will go down hill for him now when he finds out who Claire really is. Shit is gonna get real. Hope they can reach an understanding and end up together eitherway. They're really cute together <3

I was surprised that Claire didn't figure out Kal was the prince. His looks didn't really change much compared to when he was brought in front of her on his knees last ep. I guess that signifies how much she didn't care about humans then. She must look at them like insects. Hopefully she'll change soon. Can't wait.

I wonder what Ignacio's reason to go save them was though? I doubt he was worried about Kal, that's for sure XD
Jan 27, 2014 7:56 AM

Sep 2013
That revelation came in too fast. Not that I didn't expect it but it didn't had a flow.
-

I've always... always been watching you... This whole time... Because you were there... That's why I was able to try hard. So you could have some balance! So you wouldn't treat me like a kid! So you would see me as an actual girl! Even while you were gone... You were right here! You were right here in my heart!
Jan 27, 2014 8:09 AM
May 2011
Barion-Zara said:
Good episode. Loved the flash backs. They gave quite a good backstory for Kal and Ari.

They're first meeting was cute. Ari's jealousy about him being the bigger brother was lol XD And how her older sisters thanked their dad for bringing them a little brother as if he was bringing them a toy present XDXDXD

The scene when his dad let him fly behind him was really beautiful :)

Loved the sweet moments between Kal and Claire. They're so cute together. Claire's yell was cute :3...Too bad I don't think this will last long.

Wouldn't people misunderstand seeing both of them sleeping 'naked' besides each other if they saw them though lol ;D

Well seems Kal has hit the peak of his good luck for now. I'm pretty sure things will go down hill for him now when he finds out who Claire really is. Shit is gonna get real. Hope they can reach an understanding and end up together eitherway. They're really cute together <3

I was surprised that Claire didn't figure out Kal was the prince. His looks didn't really change much compared to when he was brought in front of her on his knees last ep. I guess that signifies how much she didn't care about humans then. She must look at them like insects. Hopefully she'll change soon. Can't wait.

I wonder what Ignacio's reason to go save them was though? I doubt he was worried about Kal, that's for sure XD

Well I hope that he will kill Nina. She does deserve it after all. And he deserves someone better. Because of her he lost everything. This can't be forgiven. She may change but she doesn't deserve him.
Jan 27, 2014 8:19 AM

Dec 2013
babymilo91 said:
Woah that ending. I did not see that coming, Claire being Nina Viento. I wonder what Kal-El is gonna do if he finds out who she really is.

What really? I thought it was pretty much obvious once the Seiyuu list had come out.

As for who deserves what, I think the jury's still out there for those who think Claire is guilty. I mean, if she's the same age as Kal, that would have made her 9 when the wind revolution took place, no? I don't think any 9 year old kid could be truly held mature and responsible for his or her own actions at that age. She has a gift, and was tricked/coerced into using it for power-hungry monsters. Doesn't make her innocent, but at the same time it doesn't mean she should take the full blame, no?

Ignacio probably wanted to keep a close eye on Kal, if only to gloat at his current disposition. He hates his guts for what he represented (the Royal Family). But, I'm predicting that once he actually interacts with Kal, they'll become really close friends, even really good comrades. This is a bromance waiting to happen :P

Can't wait till Kal finds out about Nina being Claire though. I really want all hell to break loose right now. Still.... I wonder what Claire actually thinks of Kal.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jan 27, 2014 8:19 AM

Sep 2012
solomon585858 said:
Well I hope that he will kill Nina. She does deserve it after all. And he deserves someone better. Because of her he lost everything. This can't be forgiven. She may change but she doesn't deserve him.

Agreed. She killed his fu**ing parents. Her fault or not -And they are probably gonna make it look like it was not her fault-, you reap what you sow.
Jan 27, 2014 8:36 AM

Jan 2013
DELiTO said:
solomon585858 said:

Agreed. She killed his fu**ing parents. Her fault or not -And they are probably gonna make it look like it was not her fault-, you reap what you sow.

Are you guys serious? I think it would be hard to believe she isn't just a puppet forced into this whole thing, I'm pretty sure no sane kid would do such things by their own free will.
Jan 27, 2014 8:37 AM

Oct 2011
As the great Mister Torgue Flexington once said: PLOT TWIST!!!
Jan 27, 2014 8:39 AM

Dec 2008
OMGWTFBBQABC123!!!!!!!!! Claire is Nina Viento?! What the hell, man?! The beautiful love story that I had envisioned has turned into a nightmare. NOOOOOOOO!!!

Anyways, tighty whities are NOT sexy!

I'm sure Ari has trouble expressing what she's really feeling, but that doesn't stop her from being annoying as hell. Especially in this episode. You're worried sick about your brother being lost, finally see that's he's fine, greet him with slaps and punches, and berate him for inconveniencing everybody?! It was too hard for her to say, "I'm so glad you're safe and back with us."? Ari, go dig a ditch and die in it, please.

Sent with Mal Updater
Jan 27, 2014 8:50 AM

Oct 2010
I wonder if Claire's true self is her Claire personality or her Nina personality. I hope it's the latter, that would make things more interesting. And Ari was a little annoying with her reaction to Kal's return, it's no wonder he finds her violent and rude.
Jan 27, 2014 8:55 AM

Oct 2012
...A major personality change.
It seemed like she didn't remember Kal-el from childhood.
Though now the most boring ending is possible: Kal-el forgives Nina Viento because she is Claire. That would totally ruin this anime which has a perfect chance to be a superb revenge story.

Barion-Zara said:

You seriously want a happy ending?? Well people have their preferences but that would be boring if it ended like that. I really hope they don't reach an understanding and don't end up together.
ShinielaJan 27, 2014 8:59 AM
Jan 27, 2014 8:56 AM

Feb 2012
Great flashback on how Kal met Ari and her sisters and how he was introduced to flying, but that ending wow! Nina Viento! sense great romantic drama coming!
Jan 27, 2014 8:57 AM
May 2011
GoGo_Dominatrix said:
OMGWTFBBQABC123!!!!!!!!! Claire is Nina Viento?! What the hell, man?! The beautiful love story that I had envisioned has turned into a nightmare. NOOOOOOOO!!!

Anyways, tighty whities are NOT sexy!

I'm sure Ari has trouble expressing what she's really feeling, but that doesn't stop her from being annoying as hell. Especially in this episode. You're worried sick about your brother being lost, finally see that's he's fine, greet him with slaps and punches, and berate him for inconveniencing everybody?! It was too hard for her to say, "I'm so glad you're safe and back with us."? Ari, go dig a ditch and die in it, please.

Sent with Mal Updater

Same as Sakura from Naruto. Though with red hair...not pink. But.. still a bitch
Jan 27, 2014 8:58 AM
May 2011
Shiniela said:
Though now the most boring ending is possible: Kal-el forgives Nina Viento because she is Claire. That would totally ruin this anime which has a perfect chance to be a superb revenge story.

Agreed. The best ending would be Kal killing her. Somehow. After all she did. Only death. Nothing can return Kal's parents and nothing can be forgiven.
Jan 27, 2014 9:07 AM

Sep 2013
and the bomb has been dropped
my worst fears realized wtf is life

expected but STILL ugh poor kal-el ;_;
Jan 27, 2014 9:11 AM

May 2013
That was a pretty emotional past...
AND BOOM, Claire is Nina Viento, what will Kal's decision be in the near future? Kill Claire or love her all his life...Love is hard sometimes.
Jan 27, 2014 9:12 AM
Jan 2014
but it seem the people of Balsteros hated the royal family, perhaps the royal family were actually tyrants but young karl didn't know it?

BTW I don't think he went aboard Isla for revenge though tempting, he simply wants to fulfill his mom's wish which is finding the end of the sky.
Jan 27, 2014 9:32 AM

Feb 2012
Woah did not see that ending coming. The flashbacks in this series really do a good job making me sad :(
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski
Jan 27, 2014 9:36 AM

Feb 2013
OMFG! I think I kinda suspected she would be Nina V. But, I was really shocked at the ending, awesome.
Jan 27, 2014 9:51 AM

Sep 2013
well i did not see that coming
Jan 27, 2014 10:02 AM

Sep 2007
I sort of see Nina as a puppet used by others. I wouldn't be surprised they were holding her mother hostage. To make her the leader of the rebellion. Hints of that were said on the boat.

But sort of funny how the sisters like wow we got a new brother. Like he was a puppy.
Jan 27, 2014 10:08 AM

Nov 2012
Holy shit I was not expecting that great plot plot twist.
Jan 27, 2014 10:24 AM
Jan 2014
Well played, show.
Doing drama without using a love triangle, well played.

Though there will come one between Ariel, Karl and Claire.
I think Ariel actually loves Karl.

Jan 27, 2014 10:27 AM

Apr 2013
Enjoyed all the flashbacks about Kal-el being adopted into the Albus family. This series is starting to get really interesting.

I suspected that Claire was Nina Viento since the first episode because they have the same voice actress.
However, I still liked the ending of this episode and how they revealed that they were the same person.
Jan 27, 2014 10:35 AM

Nov 2013
Wooooow ;/\

The ending is whut you call a slap to the face.
Jan 27, 2014 10:38 AM

Jun 2012
Aipom said:
DELiTO said:
solomon585858 said:

Are you guys serious? I think it would be hard to believe she isn't just a puppet forced into this whole thing, I'm pretty sure no sane kid would do such things by their own free will.
That's assuming she is a sane kid though.

Saw it coming because of that character list that had only the entry "Nina(claire)" at the time. She seems to have quite a personality change, maybe it's the wig though, we don't know.
TynkerJan 27, 2014 10:45 AM
Jan 27, 2014 10:39 AM
Mar 2013
I knew it! I knew it! I knew she was someone else and that's why i disliked her. I really hope he won't forgive her, Ari and Kal-el is the best pairing. The ending should be like; him impaling Nina Viento with a sword and Kal-el and Ari lives happily everafter.
Jan 27, 2014 10:53 AM

Aug 2010
Nina Viento isn't cute at all =(

I hope Claire manages to quit her wind witch job before she gets hit by a farmhouse or something. I want Karl to get together with claire, as his only other option seems to be Ari, and I totally don't like slappy, violent tsundere characters.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Jan 27, 2014 10:56 AM

Aug 2010
Still don't get why the hell people are hating on Claire/Nina like she's the one who killed Kal's parents? O_o?

I get that she's mostly at fault but she was a friggin kid for gods sake and from last ep she obviously didn't seem to realize what she's doing is wrong...no doubt she was manipulated and used.

My evidence is how she looked totally emotionless then when she saw Kal kneeling in front of her with those eyes of hatred she felt something was wrong.

I don't really mind an ending where Kal's revenge is exacted but I think that would be stupid. I'd prefer them making up (If done logically by a nice long conversation) not by a stupid ass pull of power of love shit ofc -.-
Jan 27, 2014 11:19 AM

Apr 2012
cool episode
looks like another back story focused more on claire next week

dat love triangle. the opening is starting to grow on me :D
zzzeallyJan 27, 2014 11:25 AM

Jan 27, 2014 11:20 AM

Apr 2013
Amazing episode. This show is going better than expected.
Jan 27, 2014 11:21 AM
Jan 2013
Jaz as what the spoilers said, Clair is Nina Viento.
Jan 27, 2014 11:33 AM
Apr 2012
Not much of a reveal, my ears "spoiled" me about it back in ep 1. I can't wait for the suffering, this should be good.
Jan 27, 2014 11:56 AM

Dec 2012
Thanks for the obvious,Claire.

Madara31 said:
I wonder if Claire's true self is her Claire personality or her Nina personality. I hope it's the latter, that would make things more interesting. And Ari was a little annoying with her reaction to Kal's return, it's no wonder he finds her violent and rude.

Ariel IS annoying,in fact.

Shiniela said:

Barion-Zara said:

You seriously want a happy ending?? Well people have their preferences but that would be boring if it ended like that. I really hope they don't reach an understanding and don't end up together.

Same. I just want them to do a romantic love scene,like.. romantic,and then,poof,hate and break up.

Mod Edit: Please do not double post.
LunaFeb 2, 2014 12:53 AM
Jan 27, 2014 12:17 PM

Dec 2013
Liked the flashbacks of Karl's childhood.

Claire being Nina Viento wasn't all that surprising to me. I thought it was pretty obvious since her guardian was opposed to her going to school and the way she eyed Kal-el when he was staring at a portrait of Nina in the previous episodes. Not to mention same seiyuu as well.
KeiSooJan 27, 2014 5:32 PM
Jan 27, 2014 12:22 PM

May 2010
sucks to be kal-el ....
Jan 27, 2014 12:40 PM

Jan 2009
5:47 sounds like the overly excited sisters are gonna rape Kal-el

12:37 kal's white undewear ftw

21:55 wtf?? Clarie = Nina viento?!

----------------
1. Interesting backstory. Where are Kal-el older 2 sisters now?

2. Claire really has a split personality when she's nina

3. Really wasn't expecting claire to be nina. The way things are now, Kal is gonna end up killing the girl he likes. What a lose-lose situation. I'm hoping this ends in a tragedy. Seeing so many happy endings in other anime is just cliche.

8/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Jan 27, 2014 12:44 PM
Mar 2012
A wig? What? I expect some magical transformation or something. I guess I expected too much.
Jan 27, 2014 12:54 PM
Oct 2008
Whoa I did not see that coming in the slightest
Jan 27, 2014 1:09 PM

May 2013
I Like the ideas and concept of the show (like the one who he's fallen in love with is the same person that he holds all this anger against) but I dislike the execution. Wish the flashbacks were more spaced out and sprinkled throughout the story. Saw the whole Claire is Nina Viento thing coming. Thought it was obvious.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Jan 27, 2014 1:36 PM
Apr 2013
Yeah, gotta agree with Baku, that reveal was super telegraphed. Also, since we're only only 4 episodes in this is probably just me being impatient, but so far we've gotten drama and romance, still waiting for the adventure part of this series to kick in.

Last thought is that I was surprised that no one confronted those upperclass jerks for causing that whole mess.
SolioquyJan 27, 2014 1:40 PM
Jan 27, 2014 1:44 PM

Oct 2011
I thought this episode was great throughout. The flashbacks were really great and the scenery was absolutely gorgeous, especially at nighttime on the sea. Claire being Nina Viento is really sad to me. I'm pretty sure she's a puppet, used mainly as a figurehead for the rebellion. Should be really interesting from now on.
Jan 27, 2014 1:50 PM

Jul 2013
Kal-el being Karl La Hire and now Claire is Nina Viento..
Boy oh boy..
Would be a little boring if it was a happy ending.
After all, she did kill his parents.
Nice to see more of their past, Ariel and Karl. Good flashback there.
Definite opportunity for quite the misunderstanding there when the pilots find them both naked xD
Good episode.
Jan 27, 2014 2:14 PM

Apr 2012
SandyBoi said:
Kal-el being Karl La Hire and now Claire is Nina Viento..
Boy oh boy..
Would be a little boring if it was a happy ending.
After all, she did kill his parents.
Nice to see more of their past, Ariel and Karl. Good flashback there.
Definite opportunity for quite the misunderstanding there when the pilots find them both naked xD
Good episode.

she didn't execute them lol
pretty sure they'll end up together anyways. Nothing bad about a happy ending. It's the execution that matters

Jan 27, 2014 2:29 PM

Dec 2013
More Flashbacks
More Character Development
More me Likey

Claire and Karl make such a great couple don't they, they both aren't who they say they are. Amazing twist, I like marked out when I saw that.

This right now it is the most under rated anime of the season, I think more people need to start picking it up.
HibbingtonJan 27, 2014 3:15 PM
Jan 27, 2014 2:30 PM

Jul 2013
That's a pretty well handed episode, those flashbacks got me. I thought that Claire was related to Nina in a way, but to think it was her, jaw dropped.

in all seriousness, from the show synopsis I sense a happy clichéd ending incoming, but still this is really nice to watch.
Jan 27, 2014 2:30 PM

Jan 2014
Wtf.... Claire is Nina Viento!? It slipped my mind in the last episode but.. i didn't really see that coming :O
Jan 27, 2014 2:54 PM

Aug 2010
Shocked! Claire is Nina Viento. Now I don't like her as before. But maybe she has her reason why she is being Nina.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Amarrez - Mar 31, 2014

191 by Alkimia »»
Feb 23, 11:16 AM

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2014

111 by Alkimia »»
Feb 23, 10:38 AM

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2014

81 by Alkimia »»
Feb 22, 7:55 PM

» Is it one big love triangle?

Gamewolf - Mar 23, 2014

12 by ZGUEGCHOV »»
Feb 25, 2022 1:23 AM

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2014

133 by Swizze »»
Jun 14, 2019 7:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.