Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 16, 2007 9:03 AM

May 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Finished this school days like animu. I win.

7, still.
Jan 27, 2008 1:54 PM
Jun 2007
Bahh. didnt like the ending. i knew he was going to transfer but i didnt wanna see it happen.
Moderator Edit: Signature deleted. Please re-read the General Forum Guidelines.
Mar 9, 2008 10:57 PM

Feb 2008
The transfer was expected so there's no way to be cancelled, but the ending quite touching, but I didn't expect that it never showed the future of both of them. A little disappointed.

The most thing I hate in this series (indecisiveness from riku) come to end in this series, but it almost showed up in late scene, but he got scolded by Inukai-san and really Amamiya really sweet, but I prefer Kasuga-san.
Mar 31, 2008 1:33 AM

Mar 2008
I love simply this series, which tunes action, the story am correct, the music am marvelous!!! Everything is super!!!
Apr 4, 2008 4:05 PM

Jan 2008
Somewhat disappointing last episode, what happens next? he just transfers and thats it? would have been better if they showed into the future abit.
Apr 7, 2008 11:11 PM
Mar 2008
I love you!.... Will you tell me your email... The End. 25 eps seemed too long for just that. Felt like I didn't see enough Sayuri to be happy with the choice. Plus a dissapointing male lead. Good enjoyable series though, anyone see the dvd eps? Anything good on there?
WTFwasThatApr 7, 2008 11:19 PM
Jul 19, 2008 8:47 AM
Feb 2008
it was an amazing anime but i wanted there to be a single kiss in the last episode. it let me down but i still loved it.
Sep 9, 2008 3:03 PM

Aug 2008
This anime was completely ruined by the ending...

Sep 12, 2008 2:43 PM

Apr 2007
DarkMessiahNeo said:
This anime was completely ruined by the ending...

agreed..
Sep 26, 2008 12:47 PM
Apr 2008
really nice ending but i wanted to see more. a lot of epicness from hiyoko and the fireworks.
Nov 28, 2008 9:33 PM

Nov 2008
Quite possibly one of the only anime series that treat the audience like brainless teenagers who are happy with being a non outstanding person. What a pathetic anime series and a waste of time!

Jan 25, 2009 11:26 AM
Oct 2008
The Anime itself was awesome, the ending was a bit disappointing...

Still, one of my favourites. :)
windstarJan 25, 2009 11:48 AM
Apr 21, 2009 5:20 AM

Jul 2008
av03 said:
The transfer was expected so there's no way to be cancelled, but the ending quite touching, but I didn't expect that it never showed the future of both of them. A little disappointed.

The most thing I hate in this series (indecisiveness from riku) come to end in this series, but it almost showed up in late scene, but he got scolded by Inukai-san and really Amamiya really sweet, but I prefer Kasuga-san.

well that's too bad. it is annoying that riku is like that,but so is tsukune and other main characters like them.

let's just hope they revive the series someday.

will edit this post once I finish the whole series :D

Jul 2, 2009 8:15 PM

Sep 2008
Ending was a bit weak.

Overall OK series.

don't know what else to say about it but that.
Jul 9, 2009 1:01 PM

Jul 2009
i'm still guessing...since when amamiya feeling to riku grows???

was it when riku accidentally confessed to amamiya???
Aug 3, 2009 12:22 PM

Oct 2008
i rooted for kasuga the entire series.

they seriously could have cut out mina for more screen time for kasuga x.O
Aug 9, 2009 7:06 PM
Feb 2009
they should hav focused on other characters too ( not just Aoba)
Sep 26, 2009 12:47 AM

Feb 2008
i really hated his voice.

all of that and no kiss? bleh.
Oct 3, 2009 6:09 AM
May 2008
hello1357 said:
i rooted for kasuga the entire series.

they seriously could have cut out mina for more screen time for kasuga x.O

Mina was my fav. out of three girls to be honest. Though it was pretty clear who he was gonna choose from very early on in the series.

Entertaining though, poor ending.
Oct 18, 2009 12:16 AM
Dec 2008
i really like this anime it was cute and good
the animation was really made well too

PS:i hate aoba becuz he says boku a lot
CordeliaOct 18, 2009 12:22 AM
Oct 18, 2009 1:07 AM
Jan 2009
kisami said:
i really hated his voice.

god, yes...

always with that voice cracking scream...

could he talk without screaming...
Jan 9, 2010 12:52 PM

Jun 2009
Rofl, agree about the voice. This show is a 5/10 for me... it was interesting enough to finally get through after dropping it for a month... but it sucked in far too many aspects to rate higher =/

-Characters sucked nads (Riku sucked, girls were pretty boring, few other semi-interesting characters otherwise though)

-The randomness of tons of girls falling in love with Riku (which i don't mind in some cases but it was just too poorly done in this one)

-Riku being the volleyball girls boyfriend for the entire show, and the stupidness of how they became boyfriend and girlfriend (GAWD)

-Riku's voice was something i would've been alot happier not knowing existed, and Riku being retarded for most of the show

Well, most of these are things that alot of anime have.. but Tokimeki seemed to shine brighter than others in these aspects. But thats all i can think of off the top of my head, i'm sure theres plenty more annoying things in this anime i forgot about.

brinanJan 9, 2010 12:58 PM
Feb 12, 2010 12:52 AM

Sep 2008
I liked the ending because he ended up moving away, but he was still in contact. It seemed a lot more realistic than all those males that suddenly decide to not move when love is confessed.

Still a 7 for me though, should have fleshed out the head ornament thing a little more.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 2010 10:11 PM

Jun 2009
I tolerated his voice for 25 episodes and the last episode was this disappointment.
The anime has its value, i liked that girl from the swimming team and there were alot of other things that were enjoyable.

In the end he just left the town and thats it... could be better.
ShadowBrokerMar 24, 2010 10:16 PM
May 16, 2010 9:26 PM

Jul 2009
-Poor Comedy
-Poor Voice Actors (Kasuga's voice is annoying like shit. Riku's voice is somewhat like with no life at all or better, the voice actor is not acting at all.)
-Poor Ending

-Good Story
-Good Art
-Good School Concept

coderlanMay 16, 2010 9:30 PM
May 18, 2010 3:16 AM

May 2009
Predictable and disappointing ending!
Aug 20, 2010 2:34 AM

Apr 2010
coderlan said:
-Poor Comedy
-Poor Voice Actors (Kasuga's voice is annoying like shit. Riku's voice is somewhat like with no life at all or better, the voice actor is not acting at all.)
-Poor Ending

-Good Story
-Good Art
-Good School Concept

You get straight to the point

Blaz said:
Blaz said:

So true i wish the maker of this anime picked kasuga. But what did he ever say to kasuga and mina i can probably guess but would wan t know
Aug 26, 2010 8:44 AM

Oct 2009
wow... pretty good storyline....

Good for sayuri-san.. >.<

Dec 8, 2010 4:08 AM
Dec 2010
The biggest problem I had with this show, other than how predictable it was, was the main four characters. Aoba was a jerk pretty often to anyone who wasn't Sayuri. Kasuga was too forceful, and Mina was borderline stalker. Then we get Sayuri, who was so boring and emotionless for pretty much the entire series. Where is the personality on these girls that's appealing? Out of the three, Kasuga had the best one I'd say but even then...

Honestly though, it was a typical harem anime so I pretty much knew what was going to happen by the first episode. I don't mind that he ends up picking Sayuri but I wish they could make it less obvious. Also, as most of you said, the ending was terrible. At least it didn't end with him picking nobody and everybody being magically happy, or even worse, him picking one and everyone still being magically happy (which is the case with this genre most of the time).
Dec 15, 2010 8:00 PM
Mar 2010
I watched this anime just becaue it was something to watch that was a romance, and I wanted to watch a romance. Throughout the series, I keep hoping that the story line will get better and things will progress but they really didn't. The ending was especially shit and the whole anime was rather predictable. New guy falls for most popular girl in school, told she is out of his league, somehow new guy becomes popular in a a sense, new guy and popular girl start talking, everyone is amazed that they are friends, two other girls like him but he's too blind to notice, they're just as pretty as the popular girl, but for some reason everyone fancies the popular girl with zero personality, and in the end they like each other BUT have some really terrible way of saying it and don't express any signs of affection.

The only things that were random were: the chick who only said, "pyu pyu pyu" and somehow Aoba knew what it was saying and tha stupid cleaning thing that gives people afros. Noted, it was fucking stupidly random.

Not something I'd recommend because the two main characters literally have no personality and the storyline is dead.

"It's just...a bad dream! Wake up, wake up...!"
Nov 7, 2011 9:15 AM
Sep 2011
I just finished this anime and I agree that this is a good anime in the beginning but I think somewhere getting closer to the end it all went downhill. First off I do not understand why he fell for Amamiya when he already had a girl who confessed to him who was more energetic, fun to be around, and cuter than Amamiya. -----&gt;&gt;&gt;Kasuga.

Amamiya had boring personality , she got jealous easily, she was overall nothing compared to Kasuga. I think Aoba should of picked Kasuga but he had no shame in stringing her along and then when its time to go, cut her loose. After she endured the fever just to be with him I thought he would of fell for her but he still couldn't love a girl who would go through such great lengths just to be with him. Aoba was a indecisive, uncaring piece of shit. Mina was sort of already out of the race as she didn't go on not one date and all she had connected with him was him watching her swim.

The ending would of been best if Aoba picked Kasuga, or a girl that was not one of the three main girls who liked him. Like childhood friend or something.

I would of liked if he had feelings for his childhood friend "the super idol girl" but instead he acted afraid and stupid towards her. I would of enjoyed him telling Amamiya..."there is someone else I love." Or better yet while I was watchign the episode i kept thinking since he didn't show Mina or Kasuga he accepted one of their feelings and woudl tell Amamiya that he was sorry and Loved Kasuga but it just didn't work out like that instead they just did the obvious thing and made him end up with Amamiya. I'm going to go watch something better now to clean my head. ^^
Mar 15, 2012 12:43 PM

Feb 2011
Ill start off by pointing out that so far I have only watched about 8 episodes or so and then I read the episode summaries on wiki before watching the last episode so there may be things that Im missing on. I did this out of frustration and heart ache towards this series.

I agree disappointing end but I take it since he asked for her number and her making a call in the end, they are doing a long distance relationship.

Her final words I think were aimed at the students in general (given the images shown) and not at him. Id like to think that they pulled off long distance till graduation were they can be together again.

I would have preferred him to be more of one of those guys that decides to stand on his own two feet and stay behind for his gf especially considering his feelings on transfers and making memories.

I take the scenes of him visiting the shrine and fountain was him talking to the girls and saying that he couldnt accept their feelings. To me this was reflected in minas words of thanks for giving me courage and because he actually showed up to the fountain.

I dont take him for as much as the asshole as others have labeled him. To my knowledge he and Kasuga were never actually dating. She got that into her head and forced it onto him, he said on several occasions that they werent like that. Yes he should have sat her down and cleared up the confusion sometime before. Hurting one girl because your helping another one I cant blame him for, being nice to someone and helping them is being a nice human being. If the other ones get the wrong idea its just a misunderstanding nothing more. Should you stop being nice to someone because one of your other 'friends' gets jealous? I think not.

I do agree that he was dense at times, should have growed a pair and tried harder to set things straight with everyone as clear any misunderstandings and not get their hopes up. But the one thing I wont put him down is for being nice to people.

I would have also liked to see some more footage of their future or some scenes on how they were going to/handling the long distance relationship either in the end credits or an ova, maybe showing more texting and maybe meeting up for some time during a school holiday or even just a photo tken together on a night stand or something. I dont understand why so many shows like end on similar terms and still dont take advantage of ova to make things better.
KidNemoMar 15, 2012 1:42 PM
Aug 3, 2012 9:03 PM

Nov 2011
This episode sort of felt like watching the pilot episode from the first part..but that confession was rather weak lol

Overall not bad though and I liked the OP song of the entire series as I did not skip it.

Not bad tbh. 7/10.
Aug 24, 2012 4:47 PM

Jun 2009
Its been a while since I had this feeling after watching a rom/com series..Did not expect it to be this good.I love every characters and enjoyed every episode..truly one of the best..I like it even more because Cheesy moments between Aoba and Saiyuri is not forced every single episode unlike other romance animes that makes you wanna drop it because of its uber romance.. Ending could be better though

This series deserves a higher rating on MAL..7.9 or 8 is acceptable..
Jun 2, 2013 1:45 PM

Aug 2008
Sigh...you know this just reminds me of KimiKiss and True Tears. Why does he pick the girl he does in the end? Oh because she's hot..woo

Can we have some...romance between the two maybe? Like actual development and actual character?

I'm not sure what this series is trying to accomplish as it's not a "feel good" show because you just end up feeling bad for the 2 girls who genuinely like him. And it certainly doesn't have any depth or complexity to it.

So yeah please at all cost, just skip it.
Mar 15, 2014 5:10 PM
Jul 2018
I feel like it need more of an romantic ending but it was alright I guess...

8/10
Sep 6, 2014 6:46 AM
Sep 2014
I really thought it should of ended with him getting a phone call from his parents saying their not moving or around the last 15 seconds have it show the teacher says there getting a new transfer student and then he walks in the room and everyone's surprised.
Nov 29, 2014 6:18 PM

Jun 2014
very predictable as fvck!! 5/10
the manga is still ongoing, but i cant find any scanlated
Jan 23, 2016 7:56 PM

Jul 2014
the MC just another generic lame character ..huh
get more point because the music is real good
yeah at least better than recently shitty harem animu...
Mar 10, 2017 3:12 AM

Dec 2014
the last episode seemed ful filling... well I guess I am satisfied
Apr 10, 2017 12:01 PM

Jul 2014
Aoba's a quick one to leave early. Kasuga relationship would've never worked, Aoba stated they were never dating in the first place, she was forcing herself on him. Would've been interesting for Yayoi route. Oh look, Sayuri proclaims her love to Aoba, and they exchange numbers.

Overall: what a chore to watch. Goddamn spineless MC.

5/10 teetering on 4.
Jun 6, 2017 9:59 PM
Jun 2017
I don't get why people talk shit about sayuri, like, she is most likely quite depressed form all the work she has been through, in the end,she literally said that she is her self when she is around aoba. Don't worry, I havent forgot about kastuga and mina, sure, their feeling were hurt, but remember, they still have each other's mail, they can maybe all meet up when it's summer and whatnot, three girls liked one guy,two's feeling are going to be hurt, in the end, it was aoba' s choice,the reason he chose sayuri,is because how much they have been through since ep1,so just leave her alone ok? I DO give this anime 10 out 10,the only complaint is it's too predictable, I'll agree with that.Thats all I have to say...
Mar 11, 2019 2:14 PM

Aug 2017
Terrible harem show. I could not wait to be done with this one.
Apr 9, 2020 9:26 PM

Aug 2010
Seriously, off screen rejections? Show was somewhat enjoyable but pretty lackluster ending. Now I remember why I stay away from harem anime.

Overall 6.5/10
Sep 30, 2020 10:07 AM

Dec 2010
7/10...

Even sucks that there is no kiss at the end. I was hoping for it to even have a good feeling at the end but it was just meh...

Miyano Mamoru and the chick carried this show
Mar 22, 2022 9:02 PM

Feb 2021
I just hated the ending of this anime
Aug 21, 2022 10:06 AM

Feb 2010
This anime need a remaster... rewatching this last episode was so satisfying.

Still one the best anime romances all time.
Feb 27, 2023 6:07 AM

Aug 2013
Frankly, I am surprised and delighted that the ending was executed in this way. It is open-ended, but at the same time it is clear who the main character ended up with.
I was not a fan of Sayuri. I definitely preferred Mina. But I won't hide the fact that the ending satisfied me. I was afraid it would be over-sweetened and bland. E.g. the last-minute change in his family's decision. To be clear - such moving from place to place is destructive for growing children and young people. I will never advocate such a thing even no matter what the reason is. But since the creators made such a premise, I think they got out of it well.
9/10. I wish I could find other series like this one (that I didn't watch yet).
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Nov 22, 2023 10:08 PM
Jul 2021
I love this pure pure love ending! I guess there only a little chance that they can resolve their misunderstanding and tell their truly feeling to each other... But lucky, they did. It would be really really sad if they just separate without any words... 10/10

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokimeki Memorial: Only Love Episode 2 Discussion

Zinvy - Jan 25, 2011

9 by RK7205 »»
Nov 20, 2023 5:25 AM

Poll: » Tokimeki Memorial ~Only Love~ Episode 1 Discussion

brinan - Nov 9, 2009

10 by RK7205 »»
Nov 20, 2023 5:22 AM

Poll: » Tokimeki Memorial ~Only Love~ Episode 23 Discussion

zq - Nov 16, 2007

11 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Jul 20, 2023 10:24 AM

Poll: » Tokimeki Memorial: Only Love Episode 17 Discussion

Queen_Vania - Sep 29, 2016

5 by rsc-pl »»
Feb 19, 2023 6:51 AM

Poll: » Tokimeki Memorial ~Only Love~ Episode 22 Discussion

zq - Nov 15, 2007

6 by booyah10 »»
Sep 30, 2020 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.