Forum Settings
Forums

Is there a popular manga you just can't stand?

New
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Feb 2, 2014 2:34 AM

Dec 2012
one piece.

I tried picking up the manga where I dropped the anime since the pacing wouldn't be as bad as the anime. It's slightly better than the anime but that doesn't say much, it's still shit, I made it through 10-12 chapters then I gave up.
Feb 2, 2014 2:46 AM

Jun 2011
tsudecimo said:
one piece.

I tried picking up the manga where I dropped the anime since the pacing wouldn't be as bad as the anime. It's slightly better than the anime but that doesn't say much, it's still shit, I made it through 10-12 chapters then I gave up.

You shouldn't even try. I remember you saying that you gave One Piece a 5 if I am right, but gave it a 1 because you felt like you wasted all the time watching that.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 2, 2014 2:53 AM

Dec 2012
.-.
Feb 2, 2014 5:08 AM
Discord Moderator
Feb 2014
Hm, Fairy Tail, I've just never been able to actually get into the series.
Feb 2, 2014 5:16 AM

Nov 2012
No Berserk? Seems Mal is improving.
Feb 2, 2014 5:20 AM

Nov 2013
Skip Beat
Feb 2, 2014 6:14 AM

Jan 2014
ToG25thBaam said:
tsudecimo said:
one piece.

You shouldn't even try. I remember you saying that you gave One Piece a 5 if I am right, but gave it a 1 because you felt like you wasted all the time watching that.

rofl

At least tsudecimo did try.

johnyjohny said:

Hmm I made it through Golden Age, but it was because I really forced myself too and not interested at all to continue. Almost gave up at first few chapters, almost stopped every time I found women were portrayed in such disgraceful way.

Does that count?
Feb 2, 2014 6:19 AM

Aug 2009
johnyjohny said:
I cant stand Miura, does that count?
Feb 2, 2014 6:31 AM

May 2012
johnyjohny said:

Actually, I don't really like the new arc (about the 'good' demons and the whole 'movement' around Griffith). It seems to me, the story gets a little bit out of hand with no real direction. Considering the fact, that the serie is fairly old (it was started a bit more than one and a half month after my birthday, which makes it 24 years old), I would say it's time to come to an end - at least in my opinion.

Ah and basically every 'popular' manga has to be 'observed' with a good dose of skeptizism - I mean, if something appeals very well to the masses, it's likely that its contentn isn't that... ambitious.
JewgeniFeb 2, 2014 6:36 AM
Feb 2, 2014 7:56 AM

Dec 2012
Oh right I forgot Berserk. I lost all interest in it during the meh arcs after the golden age, it has no direction..

I don't think I particularly care if it ends or not. The Berserk fans will keep on suffering.
Feb 2, 2014 8:11 AM

Dec 2012
orithyea said:
Is Berserk episodic?

No.
Feb 2, 2014 11:16 AM

Feb 2012
Sun-ken rock. It seemed so promising and suddenly story just died or well it became awful boring.
Kaichou wa maid sama. I loved anime but manga story just did not seem to progress at all.
Feb 2, 2014 12:06 PM

Feb 2013
Hellsing and Suzuka
Feb 2, 2014 12:31 PM

Apr 2013
A_Fat_Man said:
Hellsing and Suzuka

Hellsing is just laughably bad. Enjoyable, but bad
Feb 15, 2014 3:55 PM

Aug 2013
Naruto and history strongest disciple kenichi
Feb 15, 2014 4:01 PM

Sep 2011
Jewgeni said:

Ah and basically every 'popular' manga has to be 'observed' with a good dose of skeptizism - I mean, if something appeals very well to the masses, it's likely that its content isn't that... ambitious.
i dont think thats true at all, i think its more alonng the lines that when something is popular we set up expectations in our heads even unintentionally that can damage our viewing pleasure

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 17, 2014 9:38 AM

Mar 2012
Freezing and Medaka Box.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Feb 17, 2014 9:46 AM
Jan 2014
Yea mine is probably Bleach...Had to shut it down after volume 1. Wasn't my sort of thing at all.
Feb 17, 2014 9:53 AM

Sep 2012
alexmark said:
BLAME!, after checking out the reviews for it and it being rated 10 by every person i decided to check it out. I lost interest after the first 15 chapters but forced myself to read it till the end to see if anything happens that would change my mind, nothing did. something about the little to no dialogue forcing the reader to infer whats happening just on the art, which looked pretty bad to me; the art had a lot of detail but the detail just makes it bad art with a lot of detail and not much else. I was completely lost with the story since most of the chapters were one or two pages of dialouge then MC gets in to a huge fight and kills a shit-ton of robots that crawl out every hole in the wall, which leaves the reader having absolutely no clue what just happened. can some one who hass read this manga tell me I'm wrong since I'm still confused how everyone is rating this a 10/10 and calling it a masterpiece, did i miss something?

Yes, you missed the part where you're supposed to try understanding what happened instead of just skimming through.
Feb 17, 2014 12:37 PM
Dec 2011
'Attack on Titan'
-The storyline is poor
-The characters arent unique... all copied from various popular manga/VN/anime
-The plot is not that awesome...
Feb 17, 2014 1:19 PM

Oct 2013
Zentasu said:
'Attack on Titan'
-The storyline is poor
-The characters arent unique... all copied from various popular manga/VN/anime
-The plot is not that awesome...

Are you at the latest chapters? I completely disagree. because we are getting a lot of character development now. Even eren is not the one dimentional fool as everyone was speaking. Well it's your opinion. The story line is poor? Yet a lot of people are reading this manga that has awful art style? You couldn't be more wrong about the story. Just look at the art style u think people are reading this manga for the artsyle then? lol also seeing your top 5 favorite manga, I can see why u don't fancy attack on titan. Your prefense is really different from what attack on titan is. I find it that people who llike manga like, berserk, claymore, evangellion and other manga/anime in these category will like attack on titan.
keragammingFeb 17, 2014 1:27 PM
Feb 17, 2014 2:41 PM

Oct 2013
-Akame ga Kiru
-Cage of Eden
Feb 17, 2014 3:59 PM

Aug 2013
Suzuka and the same works by Seo. I'm actually surprised they get worse as he writes more.
Feb 18, 2014 11:07 AM

Jun 2012
Fairy Tail has been even worse since Tenrou Island and will only be remembered as fap material for it's fans once it's done.
Feb 18, 2014 11:25 AM

Apr 2013
Kaimon237 said:
Fairy Tail has been even worse since Tenrou Island and will only be remembered as fap material for it's fans once it's done.

It's good fap material though.

Behemoth11 said:
-Akame ga Kiru

^Yes. But only because of the fans. It's not like I 'can't stand' it, it's more like the flaws are too apparent for me to ignore them.
Feb 18, 2014 4:56 PM

Jun 2011
Cupquake said:
Kaimon237 said:

It's good fap material though.

No it's not. I can't fap to no nipples. >waiting for the day Hiro draws Jerza and LiNaLu doujinshi hentai.

Tazu said:
Suzuka and the same works by Seo. I'm actually surprised they get worse as he writes more.

I can't stand anything by Seo too. ):
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 19, 2014 9:22 AM

Jan 2014
claymore, this manga is nowhere near the epicness of berserk yet it's really popular.
Feb 27, 2014 5:43 AM

Oct 2010
Nisekoi. Started out as good and now I can't stand reading it anymore. :"<
Feb 28, 2014 4:38 PM

Feb 2014
Well, I don't necessarily dislike it for being popular but I don't think it deserves the praise: Black Jack. Don't get me wrong, I like Black Jack, but I think calling it a masterpiece especially compared to Tezuka's other works like Hi no Tori is a bit much. Especially since Black Jack was directly influenced by the episodic style of Hi no Tori.
Mar 4, 2014 12:52 PM
Dec 2011
Attack on Titan. I think the plot, characters, storyline... everything is just stolen from another anime/manga... I just cant stand it.
Mar 15, 2014 9:14 PM
Mar 2013
Blame,horrible philosophical concept,bad writer and is a pretentious shit
Mar 16, 2014 6:23 PM

Jul 2013
Naruto because of Naruto...least favorite protagonist ever.
Mar 17, 2014 4:19 AM

Dec 2013
One Piece... just cant see how that art style and MC can bring so many fans.. i dropped it 10 eps and manga.. i think 5-7 chapters..

another manga is HighSchool DxD (no so popular but i think its somewhat popular) i hate the MC but i stay for the boobies ofcs.. MC can die but no the girls O_O
Mar 17, 2014 6:08 AM
Oct 2012
History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi , One piece, Naruto, Bleach, Attack on Titan, Fairy Tail, Noblesse ( Webtoon, does it count?) , Kimi to Iru Machi, Freezing. but mostly Kuroku no Basuke ;_;.
Mar 17, 2014 3:43 PM

Oct 2013
kagamiin said:
History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi , One piece, Naruto, Bleach, Attack on Titan, Fairy Tail, Noblesse ( Webtoon, does it count?) , Kimi to Iru Machi, Freezing. but mostly Kuroku no Basuke ;_;.

Troll account. U list noblesse but yet it's in your favorite manga list. Fail....
Mar 17, 2014 3:48 PM

Jun 2012
I'm gonna say Akame ga Kiru. Doesn't break the mold of a typical shounen Manga in any sense. The mortality rate is high just cause.
Mar 17, 2014 3:57 PM

Jun 2012
YorozuyaGinSan said:
I'm gonna say Akame ga Kiru. Doesn't break the mold of a typical shounen Manga in any sense. The mortality rate is high just cause.

This. It's an enjoyable lil' read but I see more and more people claiming it to be "masterpiece" with "deep storytelling that only some can appreciate"
Mar 17, 2014 4:05 PM

Jan 2014
Sienna said:
Nisekoi. Started out as good and now I can't stand reading it anymore. :"<

This. The story doesn't get anywhere. I will pick it up after the relationship developed.

victor2195 said:
One Piece... just cant see how that art style and MC can bring so many fans.. i dropped it 10 eps and manga.. i think 5-7 chapters..

another manga is HighSchool DxD (no so popular but i think its somewhat popular) i hate the MC but i stay for the boobies ofcs.. MC can die but no the girls O_O

The art style looks bad at first but after a few chapters, people get used to it. But I see why people get turned off by the art. And the MC is very likable, even in this site he's the third most favorite characters.
Mar 17, 2014 9:01 PM

Feb 2014
For some reason I can't get into One Piece. So many other people can but I just cannot. I don't hate it but it's just not for me I guess.
Mar 17, 2014 9:01 PM

Jul 2013
kimi ni todoke.

sorry
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)dont hate me cause you aint me( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Mar 18, 2014 10:10 AM
Oct 2012
keragamming said:
kagamiin said:

Troll account. U list noblesse but yet it's in your favorite manga list. Fail....

Sorry about that. I think I had added that when I was on older chapters. The new ones... are well, just overrated crap.
Mar 18, 2014 10:50 AM

Apr 2011
Hkig said:

victor2195 said:

Are you two seriously complaining about the MC of One Piece and Naruto while having Ichigo in your avatar?
Mar 18, 2014 11:13 AM

Sep 2012
yhunata said:
Hkig said:

victor2195 said:

Are you two seriously complaining about the MC of One Piece and Naruto while having Ichigo in your avatar?

But Ichigo is sooooo awesome and badass.
Mar 18, 2014 11:18 AM

Dec 2012
Litrydow said:
yhunata said:
Hkig said:

victor2195 said:

And well written character, better written than characters like Kiritsugu, at least.
Mar 18, 2014 11:25 AM

Sep 2012
tsudecimo said:
Litrydow said:
yhunata said:
Hkig said:

victor2195 said:

And well written character, better written than characters like Kiritsugu, at least.

Yes, aren't you a genius?
Mar 18, 2014 11:28 AM

Dec 2012
Litrydow said:
tsudecimo said:
Litrydow said:
yhunata said:
Hkig said:

victor2195 said:

I don't think I deserve the title of a genius, at least not for pointing out obvious stuff.
Mar 18, 2014 11:38 AM

Sep 2012
tsudecimo said:
Litrydow said:
tsudecimo said:
Litrydow said:
yhunata said:
Hkig said:

victor2195 said:

I don't think I deserve the title of a genius, at least not for pointing out obvious stuff.

I think you do, though. Your IQ is so high you've evolved beyond the transcendental subject to perceive reality above human reason. Common plebeians will always say you are insane for your ideas not making sense, but it's merely because they can't comprehend you, which is why I think we should create the Tsudecimo Award and give it to you every year so that people will acknowledge you as the genius you are rather than a crazy man. Soon people start raising statues for you across the globe and start a new religion, with you and Tite Kubo as their gods. When the whole world is finally under your enlightened guidance, you'll lead humanity to the glory of conquering the stars.
Mar 19, 2014 6:08 AM

Dec 2012
Litrydow said:
tsudecimo said:
Litrydow said:
tsudecimo said:
Litrydow said:
yhunata said:
Hkig said:

victor2195 said:

I think you do, though. Your IQ is so high you've evolved beyond the transcendental subject to perceive reality above human reason. Common plebeians will always say you are insane for your ideas not making sense, but it's merely because they can't comprehend you, which is why I think we should create the Tsudecimo Award and give it to you every year so that people will acknowledge you as the genius you are rather than a crazy man. Soon people start raising statues for you across the globe and start a new religion, with you and Tite Kubo as their gods. When the whole world is finally under your enlightened guidance, you'll lead humanity to the glory of conquering the stars.

tl;dr
Mar 23, 2014 2:43 AM
Dec 2013
orithyea said:
I'm updated in Naruto, Bleach, and Fairy Tail (and other shounen), but I can't get myself to read One Piece. I stopped at the ninth chapter.

Same as me, I really don't like One Piece. I stop when the hit cloud city, I think
Mar 23, 2014 2:46 AM
Dec 2013
You are not alone my friend. I really don't like Attack On Titans, and One Piece, I think it is overrated, maybe. For Nisekoi, it like a Line Chart, its goes up and down, there is good chapter, then next week it a bad chapter with a bad character I hate with a passion
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

373 by Yuki135 »»
6 hours ago

» PINK BANANA is coming! The first English language book of its kind which collects some of the weirdest and most obscure manga of the 60s and 70s.

showashowcase - Apr 2

1 by St0rmblade »»
7 hours ago

» Manga Wisdom for the Ages ( 1 2 )

Nekoburger - Aug 9, 2023

50 by Nekoburger »»
8 hours ago

» How many chapters do you read a month?

Rissio - Apr 4

19 by LordZirkaZero »»
9 hours ago

» How long does it take you to read a LN volume?

Maou_heika - Feb 8

19 by Narushisto »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.