Forum Settings
Forums

Is there a popular manga you just can't stand?

New
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 28, 2014 10:21 AM
Dec 2012
clow_card said:
Yotsubato!

HOW DARE YOU!
You should try it again
Jan 28, 2014 10:29 AM

Dec 2013
I have to agree with you on shingeki no kyojin. For some reason, I can't get into the serious.
Jan 28, 2014 10:57 AM

Oct 2008
Jamie-sama said:
clow_card said:
Yotsubato!

much anger.

OngPQ said:
clow_card said:
Yotsubato!

HOW DARE YOU!
You should try it again

Calm yourselves, I always give things more than one chance. If I don't like something I wait some years until my tastes change and then I usually like it. It just has to be at the right time for me, I'm weird like that.
Jan 28, 2014 11:49 AM

May 2012
clow_card said:
Jamie-sama said:
clow_card said:
Yotsubato!

much anger.

OngPQ said:
clow_card said:
Yotsubato!

HOW DARE YOU!
You should try it again

Calm yourselves, I always give things more than one chance. If I don't like something I wait some years until my tastes change and then I usually like it. It just has to be at the right time for me, I'm weird like that.

No problem with that. In my opinion, it's a manga you best to read at a time when you want to have something light-hearted which makes you smile on every page. And if that doesn't suit you right now, it's fine.

However, Ranma 1/2 gets more and more boring as I progress with the story. It could have been wrapped up much more tighly, in my opinion...
Jan 29, 2014 11:05 AM

Jan 2011
Jewgeni said:
Animaniac123 said:

Eden no Ori is probably the biggest crap I've ever read.

/quote]

This. First, I was all over it because of the survival setting (it was one of my first series after I started with Vinland Saga) but after a while I just kept asking myself why I waste my time with that. Seriously - with all the body fat amassed in their upper body parts, they could easily survive for a couple of years without food...

I'm on the same boat, at first I thought it was gonna be a awesome manga, especially since it awoken my interest in prehistorical animals, but boy did the story suck all kinds of ass, especially later on the story which is a darnest shame since it had potential to be good with the survival theme with extinct animals and the mystery of the island but not only did it get more corny but the fanservice also got more blatant and I just lost it when the main hero made a heroic speech to the depressed doctor to save one of the people (after it was just revealed he was a doctor!!)... I dropped it shortly after it got cancelled and from what I heard it was a crappy ending so I never bothered to finish it.
Jan 29, 2014 11:18 AM

Oct 2012
I just can't get into Assassination Classroom, I don't know why.
Jan 29, 2014 5:29 PM

Oct 2013
MC-sama said:

I'm with u it seem boring to me. I'll just wait for a anime adaption and see if my opinion will change.
Jan 30, 2014 7:30 AM

Jun 2011
wanderingplayboy said:
Hunter x Hunter

To the point of I began to question my own IQ score. Is there something great in this manga that I don't get because I'm too stupid? It's not that I think this manga is bad but I just don't get what's so great about this. I forced myself to stare at those below-average-art because people keep saying it's a masterpiece. But... ah, IDK anymore. Still in ch 70's, btw.

The art gets worse near the end of Greed Island to the point where it becomes a bunch of scribbles :P But I would definitely recommend giving HxH another chance whenever you want.

Jan 30, 2014 7:34 AM

Jan 2014
MC-sama said:

I reckon this, I dont have the feeling to continue reading.
The same with Kimi no Iru Machi, I know is a "masterpiece", but I dont identify myself with the MC.
Jan 30, 2014 8:57 AM

Aug 2009
xXWoLFxChAoSXx said:
One Piece, never read any of the manga. Started the first episode, stopped at 10 seconds. 0/10 worst anime.

I want to respond to this.But ...
Jan 30, 2014 9:11 AM

Aug 2009
xXWoLFxChAoSXx said:
But why?
Because of the thread?
Jan 30, 2014 9:31 AM

May 2012
xXWoLFxChAoSXx said:
The point of my post was to contradict the thread. Did you catch that part?

Alright... It has been a long day at work, my brain is currently running on 10% of it's usual performance - would you mind to elaborate your opinion?
Jan 30, 2014 9:35 AM

Jun 2011
Tisks said:
MC-sama said:

The same with Kimi no Iru Machi, I know is a "masterpiece", but I dont identify myself with the MC.

Lol KnIM is not a masterpiece, not even close. For no apparent reason I just dislike Seo Kouji's works.

Jewgeni said:
xXWoLFxChAoSXx said:

Alright... It has been a long day at work, my brain is currently running on 10% of it's usual performance - would you mind to elaborate your opinion?

If I am right on that, thread title asked for manga, and he stated that he watches the anime instead and dropped it at the 10th second.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 30, 2014 9:41 AM

Aug 2012
Na-ru-to!~
Jan 30, 2014 10:19 AM

May 2012
ToG25thBaam said:
Tisks said:
MC-sama said:

Lol KnIM is not a masterpiece, not even close. For no apparent reason I just dislike Seo Kouji's works.

Jewgeni said:
xXWoLFxChAoSXx said:

If I am right on that, thread title asked for manga, and he stated that he watches the anime instead and dropped it at the 10th second.

It sure was a long day if I didn't even catch that... Thanks a lot!

xXTensaZenXx said:
Na-ru-to!~

Absolutely. So annoyingly slow paced...
Jan 31, 2014 6:34 AM

May 2009
Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Kyou, koi wo hajimemasu, Good Ending. Only the last one I finished. Horrible. I couldn't stand the characters, the story and everything.
AakiraJan 31, 2014 6:41 AM

"Angels banished from heaven have no choice but to become devils"
Vicious. Cowboy Bebop
Jan 31, 2014 6:47 AM

Aug 2011
Kella said:
Hunter x Hunter. I just can't understand why it's so popular... I only liked the first arc, the rest was crap and stopped reading around chapter 200. The story had no point whatsover and the art... my God, the art. My eyes bled everytime I were reading it.

And then... Hoshi No Samidare. This is probably less popular because it never got an anime (thanks God!), but looks like it's really well known among manga readers. I decided to start it because I've read beautiful comments about it... Such great manga, brilliant, extraordinary. I didn't like it at all! The pace was strange, the characters uninteresting, I didn't even understand if it was supposed to make me laugh (it has a "gag" tag on MU, but...). Dropped it after 20 chapters and I stopped trusting reviews and comments ._.

Last but not least, Nisekoi. That's just plain useless, but I'm still reading it to know where it'll go...

Watch the Anime, the Manga is nothing compared to the Anime.
Smiles and laughter are always good, but never forget your Poker Face.~
Jan 31, 2014 7:35 PM

Aug 2013
It's Naruto,(Naruto ?),Naruto !! and.....................................................Naruto.
Jan 31, 2014 9:07 PM

Dec 2012
Vampire Knight... I don't know. I can't bring myself to read it, because it seems to have a type of harem I don't like and the art style bothers me too.

Cage of Eden also.
Feb 2, 2014 1:36 AM

Jan 2014
Blacklightcore said:
One Piece. Dunno why it never appealed to me the way it seems to with other people. I read the first few chapters then got bored and stopped bothering.

How many chapters you read? Not that I say first few chapters are boring to me but things got more and more interesting as I keep reading. Some people also need to read until certain part (Arlong arc, Enies Lobby, etc) until they find it interesting. Give it another chance if you have time. Just checked your list, seems like you have good taste.
Feb 2, 2014 2:34 AM

Dec 2012
one piece.

I tried picking up the manga where I dropped the anime since the pacing wouldn't be as bad as the anime. It's slightly better than the anime but that doesn't say much, it's still shit, I made it through 10-12 chapters then I gave up.
Feb 2, 2014 2:46 AM

Jun 2011
tsudecimo said:
one piece.

I tried picking up the manga where I dropped the anime since the pacing wouldn't be as bad as the anime. It's slightly better than the anime but that doesn't say much, it's still shit, I made it through 10-12 chapters then I gave up.

You shouldn't even try. I remember you saying that you gave One Piece a 5 if I am right, but gave it a 1 because you felt like you wasted all the time watching that.
Feb 2, 2014 2:53 AM

Dec 2012
.-.
Feb 2, 2014 5:08 AM
Discord Moderator
Feb 2014
Hm, Fairy Tail, I've just never been able to actually get into the series.
Feb 2, 2014 5:16 AM

Nov 2012
No Berserk? Seems Mal is improving.
Feb 2, 2014 5:20 AM

Nov 2013
Skip Beat
Feb 2, 2014 6:14 AM

Jan 2014
ToG25thBaam said:
tsudecimo said:
one piece.

You shouldn't even try. I remember you saying that you gave One Piece a 5 if I am right, but gave it a 1 because you felt like you wasted all the time watching that.

rofl

At least tsudecimo did try.

johnyjohny said:

Hmm I made it through Golden Age, but it was because I really forced myself too and not interested at all to continue. Almost gave up at first few chapters, almost stopped every time I found women were portrayed in such disgraceful way.

Does that count?
Feb 2, 2014 6:19 AM

Aug 2009
johnyjohny said:
I cant stand Miura, does that count?
Feb 2, 2014 6:31 AM

May 2012
johnyjohny said:

Actually, I don't really like the new arc (about the 'good' demons and the whole 'movement' around Griffith). It seems to me, the story gets a little bit out of hand with no real direction. Considering the fact, that the serie is fairly old (it was started a bit more than one and a half month after my birthday, which makes it 24 years old), I would say it's time to come to an end - at least in my opinion.

Ah and basically every 'popular' manga has to be 'observed' with a good dose of skeptizism - I mean, if something appeals very well to the masses, it's likely that its contentn isn't that... ambitious.
JewgeniFeb 2, 2014 6:36 AM
Feb 2, 2014 7:56 AM

Dec 2012
Oh right I forgot Berserk. I lost all interest in it during the meh arcs after the golden age, it has no direction..

I don't think I particularly care if it ends or not. The Berserk fans will keep on suffering.
Feb 2, 2014 8:11 AM

Dec 2012
orithyea said:
Is Berserk episodic?

No.
Feb 2, 2014 11:16 AM

Feb 2012
Sun-ken rock. It seemed so promising and suddenly story just died or well it became awful boring.
Kaichou wa maid sama. I loved anime but manga story just did not seem to progress at all.
Feb 2, 2014 12:06 PM

Feb 2013
Hellsing and Suzuka
Feb 2, 2014 12:31 PM

Apr 2013
A_Fat_Man said:
Hellsing and Suzuka

Hellsing is just laughably bad. Enjoyable, but bad
Feb 15, 2014 3:55 PM

Aug 2013
Naruto and history strongest disciple kenichi
Feb 15, 2014 4:01 PM

Sep 2011
Jewgeni said:

Ah and basically every 'popular' manga has to be 'observed' with a good dose of skeptizism - I mean, if something appeals very well to the masses, it's likely that its content isn't that... ambitious.
i dont think thats true at all, i think its more alonng the lines that when something is popular we set up expectations in our heads even unintentionally that can damage our viewing pleasure

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 17, 2014 9:38 AM

Mar 2012
Freezing and Medaka Box.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Feb 17, 2014 9:46 AM
Jan 2014
Yea mine is probably Bleach...Had to shut it down after volume 1. Wasn't my sort of thing at all.
Feb 17, 2014 9:53 AM

Sep 2012
alexmark said:
BLAME!, after checking out the reviews for it and it being rated 10 by every person i decided to check it out. I lost interest after the first 15 chapters but forced myself to read it till the end to see if anything happens that would change my mind, nothing did. something about the little to no dialogue forcing the reader to infer whats happening just on the art, which looked pretty bad to me; the art had a lot of detail but the detail just makes it bad art with a lot of detail and not much else. I was completely lost with the story since most of the chapters were one or two pages of dialouge then MC gets in to a huge fight and kills a shit-ton of robots that crawl out every hole in the wall, which leaves the reader having absolutely no clue what just happened. can some one who hass read this manga tell me I'm wrong since I'm still confused how everyone is rating this a 10/10 and calling it a masterpiece, did i miss something?

Yes, you missed the part where you're supposed to try understanding what happened instead of just skimming through.
Feb 17, 2014 12:37 PM
Dec 2011
'Attack on Titan'
-The storyline is poor
-The characters arent unique... all copied from various popular manga/VN/anime
-The plot is not that awesome...
Feb 17, 2014 1:19 PM

Oct 2013
Zentasu said:
'Attack on Titan'
-The storyline is poor
-The characters arent unique... all copied from various popular manga/VN/anime
-The plot is not that awesome...

Are you at the latest chapters? I completely disagree. because we are getting a lot of character development now. Even eren is not the one dimentional fool as everyone was speaking. Well it's your opinion. The story line is poor? Yet a lot of people are reading this manga that has awful art style? You couldn't be more wrong about the story. Just look at the art style u think people are reading this manga for the artsyle then? lol also seeing your top 5 favorite manga, I can see why u don't fancy attack on titan. Your prefense is really different from what attack on titan is. I find it that people who llike manga like, berserk, claymore, evangellion and other manga/anime in these category will like attack on titan.
keragammingFeb 17, 2014 1:27 PM
Feb 17, 2014 2:41 PM

Oct 2013
-Akame ga Kiru
-Cage of Eden
Feb 17, 2014 3:59 PM

Aug 2013
Suzuka and the same works by Seo. I'm actually surprised they get worse as he writes more.
Feb 18, 2014 11:07 AM

Jun 2012
Fairy Tail has been even worse since Tenrou Island and will only be remembered as fap material for it's fans once it's done.
Feb 18, 2014 11:25 AM

Apr 2013
Kaimon237 said:
Fairy Tail has been even worse since Tenrou Island and will only be remembered as fap material for it's fans once it's done.

It's good fap material though.

Behemoth11 said:
-Akame ga Kiru

^Yes. But only because of the fans. It's not like I 'can't stand' it, it's more like the flaws are too apparent for me to ignore them.
Feb 18, 2014 4:56 PM

Jun 2011
Cupquake said:
Kaimon237 said:

It's good fap material though.

No it's not. I can't fap to no nipples. >waiting for the day Hiro draws Jerza and LiNaLu doujinshi hentai.

Tazu said:
Suzuka and the same works by Seo. I'm actually surprised they get worse as he writes more.

I can't stand anything by Seo too. ):
Feb 19, 2014 9:22 AM

Jan 2014
claymore, this manga is nowhere near the epicness of berserk yet it's really popular.
Feb 27, 2014 5:43 AM

Oct 2010
Nisekoi. Started out as good and now I can't stand reading it anymore. :"<
Feb 28, 2014 4:38 PM

Feb 2014
Well, I don't necessarily dislike it for being popular but I don't think it deserves the praise: Black Jack. Don't get me wrong, I like Black Jack, but I think calling it a masterpiece especially compared to Tezuka's other works like Hi no Tori is a bit much. Especially since Black Jack was directly influenced by the episodic style of Hi no Tori.
Mar 4, 2014 12:52 PM
Dec 2011
Attack on Titan. I think the plot, characters, storyline... everything is just stolen from another anime/manga... I just cant stand it.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Manga Wisdom for the Ages ( 1 2 )

Nekoburger - Aug 9, 2023

50 by Nekoburger »»
18 minutes ago

» How many chapters do you read a month?

Rissio - Apr 4

19 by LordZirkaZero »»
33 minutes ago

» How long does it take you to read a LN volume?

Maou_heika - Feb 8

19 by Narushisto »»
42 minutes ago

» I need help finding a manga that I have forgotten

codelyok13 - Yesterday

1 by codelyok13 »»
5 hours ago

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Manga/Character' Thread v3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 19, 2022

1044 by codelyok13 »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.