Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Noragami: Stray God
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Feb 2, 2014 3:09 PM

Aug 2013
Yato is quite similar to Kenshin it seems, with a serious, bloody past and a more happy-go-lucky present.
Feb 2, 2014 8:10 PM

Sep 2013
oh god i lol'd when yato announced daikoku had a thing for kids xD
yato got a lot of points with me this ep tho :-) to think he's a god of war haha wow

hard to believe that from the happy-go-lucky personality we've known him to be up 'til now
and now another regalia? best ep so far for me ^^ excited to see more of yato's secrets uncovered
Feb 3, 2014 12:23 AM

Aug 2012
That falling scene was just brilliant. Plus, that soundtrack is just great.

I was enjoying this anime already but now I'm thinking it'll end up as one of the best of the winter season.
Feb 3, 2014 5:19 PM

Jun 2011
ZOMG yes. The extremely long fall was hilarious, while giving us a more serious emotional segment. Yato's characteristics slowly become more solidified (now comes the dark past). And Yukine performs his first bond severing... yay? In this case.

Last few minutes were quite somber and foreshadow-y with a surprise Hiyori/Yato moment.

Takuan_Soho said:
In a Japan that has a pacifistic constitution, what would a war god do? He would have to find some new worshipers somewhere.

So Nora, my guess is that she is the regalia that he killed, that is why she had the ghost headband; most likely she enjoyed killing a bit too much, and that her insanity both prompted Yato to stop being a war god and was why he had to "kill" her. I am going to be curious to see if we find out just who made the request that Yato fulfilled. Two distinct possibilities are Nobunaga or one of the Meiji leaders.

It would be awesome if Yato was formerly associated with one of the pre WWII shrines, or even Yasukuni, though I doubt this show will get that specific.

Anyway, nice episode really raised my expectations for this show.
Feb 3, 2014 6:57 PM

Dec 2012
really liked this episode for several reasons:

1. hilarity galore. the free falling heart-to-heart was the best
2. a hint of backstory!! nothing i love more than (potentially) well crafted back story of one so ridiculous yet mysterious as Yato
3. new characters yay
4. cute Yato :3
Anime List

↳ click profile for recommendations

✨☆✨

Feb 4, 2014 6:32 AM

Jan 2013
That freefall was interesting xD.

Oh wow.. it's getting interesting. So it seems Yato is not just a flimsy god, he just wants to change how he lived and lives now.

And that other Regalia seems to be his killing "tool" that he doesn't want to use anymore, I'm saying this because I think it's his Regalia that he used in that flashback.. Or so do I think.

But wow.. Hiyori is falling for Yato xD
Feb 4, 2014 9:29 AM

Dec 2011
That fall lasted precisely 7 minutes.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Feb 5, 2014 8:52 AM

Jan 2011
I wonder how high that flat was, it must've reached into outer space!
Pretty nice episode, there were some fun moments.
And broken houses magically get repaired because logic.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Feb 5, 2014 7:26 PM

May 2011
That free fall scene was hilarious xD

Also liked how it got serious and interesting at the end. I'm thinking that the girl is the Regalia that Yato killed in the past. On that note, hope we can learn more about his past.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 5, 2014 11:05 PM

Jun 2011
Oh god that freefall flashback had me in tears from laughing.
Feb 9, 2014 8:58 PM
Aug 2011
Best and longest falling i'll probably ever see in anime.

Just like Star Driver had the longest breathing sequence ever.
Feb 11, 2014 8:36 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

With this installment, now comes to be there at what was missing (not too much) time.
The plot can now truly say that satisfies all tastes, not lacking anything in it, with a narrative more sympathetic and adaptable to be too serious, wonderful! : D
Really nice drawings and animations very good. This is the time when the anime series plays its credibility and the ability to rise from the ordinary series, something original and to be remembered in the annals.
Feb 12, 2014 12:39 PM

Jun 2013
Very nice episode! :) can't wait for more :)
Feb 21, 2014 8:43 PM

Feb 2010
Very nice episode really funny also new characters appearing.

that Fall was hilarious XD the longest one I've seen.
Feb 22, 2014 1:55 PM

Aug 2013
Oh well, so that girl at the end really was in fact a creepy stalker :P

I can already smell the love traingle! Where Yukine love Hiyori and Hiyori love Yato.

That fall was so fucking hilarious and long. It was always the same building over and over in the background xD

At first, I really thought Kofuku was Yato girlfriend, but it doesn't seem so.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 26, 2014 2:02 AM

Jul 2009
Really excited to hear about Yato's past! I CANNOT get enough of the room they leave for character development.

Now I want to learn about Yukine! <3
Mar 1, 2014 1:31 PM

Aug 2013
The fall scene was hilarious xD
Mar 4, 2014 9:40 PM

Jan 2008
Oh wow that is funny my fiance and I were both like that must have been one tall ass building to still be falling that long they basically throughout the whole episode I thought it was funny but other then that it was a good episode the best so far in my opinion
Mar 7, 2014 7:17 AM

Dec 2007
At the end of the fall, there was plot.
Mar 9, 2014 5:44 AM

May 2010
OMG I love it!! A non-stop laughter during this episode (cracked harder at the falling scene).
The ghost-girl is probably the Regalia that Yato killed.
Minori said:
*bawling* I'll never get married w/ a body like this! What'll I do?
Kousaka said:
Married? It looks like you're already pregnant.
Mar 17, 2014 8:13 AM

Jun 2011
That loooooooooooooooooooooong fall, lmao! Wow, cool backstory for Yato. Was that KugiRie for Nora?

Mayo4Life said:
"Is it me, or is this one long fall?"

Lol @ Yukine.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 21, 2014 10:48 AM

Dec 2010
That episode was great, containing seriousness, humour, and a nice feeling. Yukine was still a bit annoying in the beginning, with his disrespect for Yato, but he got much better for the duration of the episode. Hiyori's growing on me. Her reactions were also priceless :D

The ending's so warm.
Mar 22, 2014 8:20 PM

Sep 2013
Damn, this anime gets better and better for each episode. Why did I decided to watch this now?! Should've been watching this along with my other airing winter animes.

Apr 2, 2014 1:42 AM

Jan 2011
Yeah this one kind of snuck under my radar, this season. I should have been watching from the start since it has a lot of themes that I really like. Of course marathoning it over two or three days isn't the worst thing in the world to have to do.

There suddenly seemed to be a dark turn in this episode. We discover that Yato is more than just the harmless helpful klutz he's portrayed himself as thus far. And his girlfriend and her familiar both had a pretty dark side as well.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Apr 4, 2014 1:49 PM

May 2012
That building sure was big! Pretty awesome episode, some great new characters and an interesting ending! I especially loved that Binbougami :p

Let's see what happens next!
Apr 7, 2014 4:42 AM

Mar 2014
great episode and what a long fall xD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 9, 2014 7:57 AM

Apr 2011
I'm curious about that Nora girl.

Not surprising of his bad past. He is a god of war after all. I want to see how scary he is based on those nasty rumors.
Apr 9, 2014 9:22 PM

May 2013
Wow that's a long long long fall down. Kofuku is god of trolling lol. Yato's past seems badass
If you want everything you'll end up with nothing.
Apr 12, 2014 8:03 AM
Mar 2014
I want to know what happend to Yato in the past!!!
I love the scene, where they were falling for 10 minutes or so, it was hilarious! So funny! Its too bad, that there are only 12 episodes of that anime.
Apr 15, 2014 5:21 PM
Apr 2014
That back story prelude and that fall, made me laugh so many times! What an amazing episode.
Apr 21, 2014 9:34 PM

May 2013
Thumbs up!

Yato's back story seems interesting and Hiyori is getting them feels eh?
Apr 29, 2014 8:47 AM

Apr 2013
iLostReason said:
This is sooo good.I want more.

ainky said:
TheTwinGardeners said:
Mortemis said:
Yato = Gintoki? Used to be a badass samurai, killed tons of people. Now is a lazy bum doing odd jobs. ;D

I was thinking the same thing!

They also both have that secret seriousness hidden beneath all the comical jokes and high value of human life :)

Eh? I would say Kenshin...
Your anime list says you have only seen 23 episodes of Gintama? if thats true then you know almost nothing about Gin, who is definitely more similair to Yato than Kenshin.

Kannei said:
Gintoki and yato the same.... oh please, now your pushing a lil to far yato is nothing like gin // yato kicks ass what the other doesn't

I love noragami and not gintama
GIN doesnt kick ass? someone has been sleeping while watching Gintama i see... go rewatch it and if you didnt see it at first place dont speak like you know something you dont.

As someone who likes Gintama very much and maybe the biggest fan of Kenshin, I would say everyday life of Yato is much more like Gin's life; however his past is much more similar to Kenshin's and the hidden personality inside him too.
His weakness is a kind heart that doesn't match with a killer.
His strength is the strength to live on bearing the pain of the sorrowful heart worse than death.
May 26, 2014 10:49 AM
May 2012
Another cute girl appears, Kofuku *o* I love you too Toyosaki Aki!!
Hey, I really thought that Yato smells bad because he is homeless ahahaha, but I guess he smells good.
That is some tall ass building ahahaha. When Yato asked for the picture, I knew that it was going to be Kofuku ahahaha.
I am guessing that Yato killed Nora. This Anime has some really nice voice casts!!
I really want to watch the next episode but I should sleep already, can't be late for the farewell parteh.

l
kuuurt said:
I ship Iki and Yato. Hard.

I heard there would be NTR in the manga. I just hope it isn't concerning Iki. Please. ;_;

What?!?! No, just fucking no!! I fucking hate NTR, man =_=
Jun 1, 2014 7:06 AM

Jun 2013
"Is it just me, or we're having a one long fall?" -Yukine
[Not an exact dialogue, but the speech is something like that]
I have so much laugh in this episode.
Yato was sleep-talking, but thanks to Yukine, our self-proclaimed God had fallen into the stairs.
Rumors. Rumors everywhere. So Yato is really a "God of War", huh? Seems interesting, hihi.
And I also want to know Yukine's past.
And hello to the new characters.
What a great episode, indeed. So much love. ;)
PS: Yaoi spotted. Shipping Yato & Yukine and Yato & Hiyori.
Jun 7, 2014 5:36 PM

Dec 2008
The fee falling scene was great.
Jun 19, 2014 8:25 AM

Oct 2012
"Ore no Ka-no-jo!!"
Oh Kofuku.. Can't get enough of ToyoAki xD

Izaya and Shizuo...
HiroC & OnoD's characters always...always in fight with each other xD

Lol.. What are you both doing? Giving cards, Flashback-ing...
Look down, just how high that building??

...... That was the best plot twist... I didn't expect her to be older than my grandma ("Sochi kayo!")
Self-tsukkomi xD

Is it just me or he really reminds me of Kenshin (Battōsai)??
So........... Yato x Hiyori or Yato x Yukine??? xD
"Signature removed"
Jul 15, 2014 9:42 PM

Sep 2011
Longest free fall ever. LOL

Yato was pretty bad ass in the past. The girl in the end was probably the regalia he killed.
Jul 15, 2014 10:12 PM

Oct 2012
OriginANIME said:
Longest free fall ever. LOL

Yato was pretty bad ass in the past. The girl in the end was probably the regalia he killed.

If he killed her, how's she even alive?
Gotcha.

KalypzeJul 15, 2014 10:15 PM
Jul 25, 2014 10:08 AM

Dec 2013
soo funny !
Aug 29, 2014 3:56 PM

Jun 2008
Lot's f funny stuff like that fall, Hiyori hiding Yuki from the eyes of that guy etc but they have already been mentioned.
The show continues to be quite enjoyable.

Anyway i guess that mysterious little girl is the sword hew used when he was killing even people and that is why he doesn't want to use her anymore?
Sep 10, 2014 11:55 AM

May 2014
This anime is getting so exciting!! Yato's dark past ... >:D

Stark700 said:
Must be fun free falling like that LOL..
Nov 17, 2014 6:28 AM

Aug 2013
That free fall is something you don't see everyday.
Kekeke.. the dark plot is rising slowly. Every badass can't survive without a loli.
Hiyori has a thing for Yato's sweat ?? You cheeky girl.
Nov 20, 2014 5:09 AM

Sep 2014
This show is really fucking good. I'm glad I started watching it instead of putting it off like I usually do. Thank you past self
Nov 23, 2014 12:04 AM

Nov 2013
Kofuku was fucking annoying. Hopefully we won't be seeing her again.

I was cracking up when that dude, Yato, Yukine, and Hiyori were falling off that building.

Those striped panties...

Good episode

4/5

Dec 8, 2014 8:42 AM

Jan 2013
This episode was comedy gold!
I was wondering why a god of war was so kind, seems it's not just a name either :)
Dec 21, 2014 1:32 PM

Jul 2013
Daaanng that was like the longest fall I've ever seen!! How tall is that building anyways?!? Lol
Many more to come! Can't wait!
Dec 27, 2014 8:14 AM

Jun 2011
longest fall scene was freaking funny XD
Ohhh I like Yato's dark side
Jan 11, 2015 11:15 PM

Jun 2014
This episode was pretty funny. Guess I'm enjoying this show more than I thought I would.
That freefall scene XD love it when shows are self aware
Jan 19, 2015 6:03 AM

Aug 2014
This show is getting a little more interesting now. I like that we know about his past more, even though its a bit cliche because we've seen that with several other characters like Rurouni Kenshin and Kurama etc.
Jan 26, 2015 2:57 PM

Nov 2014
Dat free fall lol.

Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Noragami Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2014

517 by zoehegoburu »»
Feb 21, 7:12 AM

» I will ANIMATE the S3 if no studios does (NOT A BAIT) ( 1 2 3 )

WVM - Feb 19, 2023

110 by Spunkert »»
Feb 17, 5:14 AM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jan 12, 2014

301 by Hanarose72 »»
Jan 6, 2:23 PM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2014

202 by WELLERM »»
Dec 9, 2023 3:08 PM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2014

209 by WELLERM »»
Dec 9, 2023 3:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.