Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Noragami: Stray God
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 26, 2014 6:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Must be fun free falling like that LOL.

Dem dragon girls and seriously, relationships can get complex. Kinda nice to see it being resolved though. I was almost worried there.
Jan 26, 2014 7:37 AM

Jun 2009
Yatos dreaming again and yukine kicks him downstairs LOL
soo bad they shortend kofukus PArt where it got interesting

they not just shorten great parts their also leave some totally and write it differtly I hope at least the part with the purificationritual stays at it is
Jan 26, 2014 7:40 AM

Nov 2007
Two weird characters.

A customer who met a girl that gives bad money luck? That's the girl who met this ep. (poor god) Though it's funny to just fall like that during the talk. He can also cut the line between relations.

She knows the past Yato, who is a scary yet scary swordman?!

And that girl, Yato's weapon soul in the past?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 26, 2014 8:34 AM

Sep 2008
Izaya vs. Shizuo again now in Noragami xD
Jan 26, 2014 8:35 AM

Jun 2009
LittleStar said:
Izaya vs. Shizuo again now in Noragami xD

xD thought the same

Next ep more Ero Yuki and im sooo much looking forwar to it ~~
Jan 26, 2014 8:45 AM

Jun 2013
Awesome episode.Can't wait for next one.
Jan 26, 2014 8:53 AM

Apr 2008
The anime take a differant part in this episode. Nora is already here so soon.

Jan 26, 2014 9:03 AM

Nov 2012
Wow I'm like speechless. What the hell did I just watch?

>Casually having a conversation WITH FLASHBACKS while falling from a building.
>A little 1,000+ year old girl going on dates and eventually sending some dude into bankruptcy.
>And last but not least Yato killing Humans.

LMAO
Jan 26, 2014 9:07 AM

Aug 2010
Really loved this episode.

I always love it when Main characters have quite the brutal BA past and seems Yato has one. Damn! He's the God of War? And what a brutal BA he was it seems ^^...I love it when his eyes go cold like that. He looks so cool :D

Lol'd at the dream in the beginning as usual XD

Poor Yato getting scammed and getting the pot broken lol

Loved the part with Kofuku. The hug while spinning her scene was cute. So is she really his girlfriend or were they just kidding? Well if she is maybe she's the reason he's so poor lol XD But gotta admit I LMAO'd when he was taking her money XD Yukine's reaction...Scummiest of scum was so lol XD

Lol'd at Hiyori's dead-fish eye yandere reaction to finding out he has a gf XD

Kofuku is really cute though. Loving her a lot already <3 Daikoku is hilarious as well hahaha. Lolicon misunderstanding and how Hiyori hid Yukine from him lol

Kofuku groping Hiyori's oppai and asking her size was delicious :3

The suicide free fall part was friggin HILARIOUS XDXDXD Yukine commenting on how ridiculous this was, Hiyori keeping her skirt down ;) and asking not to use her face during the kiss and stuff XDXDXD...and Yato and Yusuke exchanging business cards lololol And how in the end it was Kofuku all along hahahaha. How Hiyori's face was being used was friggin hilarious XD

Yukine's starting to warm up to Yato it seems hehe. Hiyori blushing from how nice Yato smells was cute <3 And finally Nora. She really seems interesting. Really loving this series so far >.<

Yukine seems to be having lots of fun nxt ep XD

Loved the OST as usual ^^
Jan 26, 2014 9:11 AM

May 2013
Man that was one long fall lol. That girl at the end. I want to know what happened between her and Yato.
Jan 26, 2014 9:12 AM

Apr 2008
Barion-Zara said:
Really loved this episode.

I always love it when Main characters have quite the brutal BA past and seems Yato has one. Damn! He's the God of War?
^

There are more than one god of war in Norogami.
Jan 26, 2014 9:27 AM

May 2012
Excellent episode, even better that they are putting in a special story not from the manga. This shows how Kofuku is a force to be reckoned with (more than what manga shows).
Jan 26, 2014 9:29 AM

Nov 2013
"Is it me, or is this one long fall?"
Jan 26, 2014 9:30 AM

Nov 2010
A great episode! Loved the suicide scene, it was hilarious.
Btw does the ending song sound a bit like something out of Guilty Crown?
Jan 26, 2014 9:34 AM

Jun 2013
Foreshadowing something that is going to happen in the future ? Perhaps.

First half was funny. Kofuku is cute and funny. Daikoku is a shotacon eueueuw lol. That Yusuke guy gone bankrupt because of Kofuku, the god of poverty. Kofuku gives hint to Hiyori that Yato is a scary god , or at least was. Yato is the god of war , he was insignificant , the only way for him to keep on living is by granting people's wishes. He took all the job , killing people. He killed one of his Regalia. Few last minutes , we get to see Yato's mysterious ex-regalia , Nora. That's it. That supercell ft. Tia ending is addicting >_>

Looking forward to more.
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Jan 26, 2014 9:40 AM

Aug 2010
Lol, so we get a binbougami here as well (though I still prefer Momiji to this one :D )
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Jan 26, 2014 9:46 AM

Aug 2011
That was a long fall O.O Kugyuu sound so different compared her usual voice as Nora. The story is getting very interesting^^
Jan 26, 2014 9:52 AM
Mar 2013
Holy Crap this is good.
Jan 26, 2014 9:58 AM

Apr 2013
Rinji- said:
A great episode! Loved the suicide scene, it was hilarious.
Btw does the ending song sound a bit like something out of Guilty Crown?

All of Guilty Crown's OPs and EDs are by supercell. This show's ED is by ryo of supercell, and the singer is Tia.

The talking while falling scene was hilarious. Hiyori freaking out was great. Love how the guy was using Hiyori's face in all of the flashbacks lol.

Kofuku and Daikoku are pretty funny. Nice seeing Yukine happy about Yato's praise. Looks like Yato has a dark past as a god. Nora is interesting.
Jan 26, 2014 10:00 AM
Jan 2011
Oh a Binbougami has showed up.
Jan 26, 2014 10:00 AM

Apr 2010
This is easily going to be my fav of the season
Jan 26, 2014 10:24 AM
Jan 2013
It's different than manga but still awesome. How high was that building?
Jan 26, 2014 10:25 AM

Jul 2012
Yato = Gintoki? Used to be a badass samurai, killed tons of people. Now is a lazy bum doing odd jobs. ;D

This episode was great, the falling scene had me cracking up throughout the whole thing. This is definitely my favorite show of the season.
Jan 26, 2014 10:29 AM

May 2013
Very good episode. I'm really liking this series so far. :D
Jan 26, 2014 10:32 AM

Jun 2012
I love this episode to bits >.<
I was a little worried about the changes at first but most of them were scenes from omakes and special chapters and they manages to keep them relevant to the plot.
The previous two episodes were quite slow imo (I didn't dislike them though) but in this one alot of things happend which kept me entertained.

They finally introduced Kofuku and Daikoku :D
Yato being friends with the good of poverty makes sense. Yato and Kofuku isn't actual girlfriends and boyfriends, Yato is just pretending while Kofuku is playing along or are too dumb to understand what "girlfriend" means, that's at least how I interpreted it.

Pony tail Yato is <3

That moment when Yato wrapped his arm around Hiyori tho. I don't know what you guys think but I think the anime succesfully conveyed the slight fear Hiyori felt towards Yato then, knowing he's capable of killing humans. This is even clearer in the manga but god I almost felt shivers down the spine when I watched the episode.

Argh I love this! So far Bones is doing a great job with the adaption but I'm so sad it's only 12 episodes :( Give us a second season plz.
Jan 26, 2014 10:35 AM
Feb 2012
Great episode. I'm not familiar with the manga, but this anime is easily one of my favorites this season. I remember that it was mentioned in a previous episode that he was the God of War, so I was already hoping that he was BA.

Shame it's only 12 episodes when other bullshit anime series have tens of episodes.

Does anyone know if there could be more seasons, based on the length of the manga?
Jan 26, 2014 10:49 AM
Nov 2010
Cryptical said:
Great episode. I'm not familiar with the manga, but this anime is easily one of my favorites this season. I remember that it was mentioned in a previous episode that he was the God of War, so I was already hoping that he was BA.

Shame it's only 12 episodes when other bullshit anime series have tens of episodes.

Does anyone know if there could be more seasons, based on the length of the manga?
\

way to early to say anything. the anime too is going at a pretty fast pace so who knows maybe it will get a second season if the sales are good enough
Jan 26, 2014 10:50 AM

Apr 2012
Mortemis said:
Yato = Gintoki? Used to be a badass samurai, killed tons of people. Now is a lazy bum doing odd jobs. ;D

Ha! Yes! He does remind me a bit of Gin. Can't say I took to this series straight away but this last episode was excellent. More of the same please!
Jan 26, 2014 11:03 AM

Jun 2013
interesting could Nora be the regalia that he used to kill people back then. And lol i still remember they also said Yato stinks , but she finally starts liking the manly smell of a homeless god :).
Jan 26, 2014 11:05 AM

Oct 2013
this one easily my fav of this season. cute yuki, frivolous-like yato. And best OST ED/OP

that's a long fall. LOL
Jan 26, 2014 11:09 AM

Jun 2009
greebo said:
Mortemis said:

Ha! Yes! He does remind me a bit of Gin. Can't say I took to this series straight away but this last episode was excellent. More of the same please!

Gintoki and yato the same.... oh please, now your pushing a lil to far yato is nothing like gin // yato kicks ass what the other doesn't

I love noragami and not gintama
KanneiJan 26, 2014 11:37 AM
Jan 26, 2014 11:20 AM

Dec 2010
Not bad.... Yato having a more badass side makes this interesting. His name has "night" in it though so that makes sense.
Jan 26, 2014 11:20 AM

Jul 2013
Pretty great and interesting episode.

LOL that nonchalant long fall, those conversations were just too funny to watch with the guy's back story. He added on Hiyori's face for similarity XD. Only revealed to be Kofuku for her "little fun" XD. Woah, I thought Yato is a chilled out guy until his past is somewhat really dark and violent.

Kofuku and Daikoku are funny characters. Wonder what's up with Nora at the end.

Jan 26, 2014 11:22 AM

May 2013
This show is so good, and this latest episode was the best one yet. The exposition continues to be done smoothly, the character dynamics are still funny and wonderful to watch, and the story, despite its slow pace, is intriguing.

I love how Yukine lampshaded how impossibly long their fall was. That part was awesome.

Looking forward to the next episode.
My anime blog
Latest Post: The Zero Requiem (Analysis of the Ending of Code Geass)
Jan 26, 2014 11:24 AM

Jan 2014
Good episode :) Loved the falling from the building scene ^_^
Jan 26, 2014 11:26 AM

May 2009
Falling sequence was god tier
Jan 26, 2014 11:31 AM

Aug 2010
Mortemis said:

Thought the same too ^^
Jan 26, 2014 11:36 AM
Aug 2011
Zetchan said:
I was a little worried about the changes at first but most of them were scenes from omakes and special chapters and they manages to keep them relevant to the plot.
The previous two episodes were quite slow imo (I didn't dislike them though) but in this one alot of things happend which kept me entertained.

Yato being friends with the good of poverty makes sense. Yato and Kofuku isn't actual girlfriends and boyfriends, Yato is just pretending while Kofuku is playing along or are too dumb to understand what "girlfriend" means, that's at least how I interpreted it.

Pony tail Yato is <3

That moment when Yato wrapped his arm around Hiyori tho. I don't know what you guys think but I think the anime succesfully conveyed the slight fear Hiyori felt towards Yato then, knowing he's capable of killing humans. This is even clearer in the manga but god I almost felt shivers down the spine when I watched the episode.

Argh I love this! So far Bones is doing a great job with the adaption but I'm so sad it's only 12 episodes :( Give us a second season plz.

I didn't get the feeling when watching that scene at all. Seems like Hiyori was blushing because the guy she has a crush on was so close to her. She was supposed to be scared in the manga?
Jan 26, 2014 11:50 AM

Jul 2010
Hilarious and great episode. One of my favorite anime series this season.
Hyuga Junpei: “Yeah… I’m confident… Because my teammates will help me out! I can shoot confidently.. because it will be okay even if I miss!”

Kagami Taiga: “I don’t know about being the bad guy or whatever. It’s only in stories where titles like that decide the loser. This is our show. We’re the ones who are writing the script.”
Jan 26, 2014 12:00 PM

Sep 2013
they improve opening animation great
Jan 26, 2014 12:12 PM

Aug 2013
Yukine: "Is it me, or is this one long fall?" LOL
Jan 26, 2014 12:20 PM

Dec 2010
This was a great episode. The best so far! I quite like Kofuku, and I am really interested in Nora especially since she was almost kissing Yato in the OP. I do wonder if he and Kofuku are really dating though...That might explain why he's so poor xD

Also it just occurred to me, the show is called NORAgami, not YATOgami which would be a more fitting name at the point. Maybe Nora is more important than what we think...
Jan 26, 2014 12:20 PM
Apr 2013
I loved this episode, but poor megane! He got swindled, lol. I can't blame him though, I'd give up everything for a girl that cute too.

Is it just me or does it feel like the romance was really sudden in this episode? I didn't sense much from the first three episodes, but now suddenly she acts jealous when she learns he has a "girlfriend" and blushes when he's close to her? Maybe I just missed some previous cues, but she went from seemingly not being able to stand him to crushing on him.
Jan 26, 2014 12:25 PM

Aug 2011
jzmagic said:
Zetchan said:

Pony tail Yato is <3

I didn't get the feeling when watching that scene at all. Seems like Hiyori was blushing because the guy she has a crush on was so close to her. She was supposed to be scared in the manga?

Yeah, that and how she commented that 'he smells so nice'. She didn't really convey any fear?? I actually haven't gone back to read the manga in a while so I should go do that.
Jan 26, 2014 12:27 PM

Oct 2011
So her full name is Noragami??????

Lol @ Falling down scene. From introducing one another to the flashback. Kofuku is Binbogami eh!!!!!

He looked like Kenshin OMG!!!! Both Hitokiri!!!
Jan 26, 2014 12:44 PM
Dec 2012
Man I love it when anime's point out their own ridiculousness.

"anyone notice this is one long fall"

best part.
Jan 26, 2014 12:53 PM

Jan 2013
Wow what a great episode!
Jan 26, 2014 12:54 PM

Jun 2012
Laciie said:
jzmagic said:
Zetchan said:

Pony tail Yato is <3

Yeah, that and how she commented that 'he smells so nice'. She didn't really convey any fear?? I actually haven't gone back to read the manga in a while so I should go do that.

I don't know, maybe it's because I was prepared for what would happen since I read the manga. The anime didn't really convey Hiyori's fear but that she perhaps should. In the manga it's different, Hiyori becomes very aware of Yato's moments and she got scared when he wrapped his arm around her (but then becomes relaxed because of his smell, lol).
You know when Yato stood behind the drinking machine when Hiyori walked back from Kofuku and Yato said something along the lines of "What did you talk about for so long?", kinda like he perhaps knew what they talked about/could be talking about.

About Hiyori thinking Yato smells good, I don't really know if this is the case but since everyone else thinks he smells sweaty I think it's because of Hiyori's condition that she thinks that way. Other ayakashi also go around saying he smells nice.
Jan 26, 2014 1:00 PM

Jan 2008
I really like serious moments of this series and this episode had some quality ones. Can't wait for the next episode and - hopefully - learning more about Yato's past.
-
Jan 26, 2014 1:08 PM
Jul 2018
Lol at Yato's dreaming part.

Heehe...Hiyori's reaction when she heard Yato said that Kofuku wash his girlfriend.

That was one long fall. The suicide fall part was hilarious, like where Yusuke used Hiyori's face during his flashback to see her as his lover.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Noragami Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2014

517 by zoehegoburu »»
Feb 21, 7:12 AM

» I will ANIMATE the S3 if no studios does (NOT A BAIT) ( 1 2 3 )

WVM - Feb 19, 2023

110 by Spunkert »»
Feb 17, 5:14 AM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jan 12, 2014

301 by Hanarose72 »»
Jan 6, 2:23 PM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2014

202 by WELLERM »»
Dec 9, 2023 3:08 PM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2014

209 by WELLERM »»
Dec 9, 2023 3:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.