Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 26, 2014 2:28 AM

Jun 2012
I haven't posted here in a long time but I wanted to make Kinda of a Multi part Topic.

1. Whats every ones opinion on the series IGPX?

2. Does any one know why they didn't continue making more of the series? what do you think should they have continued it?

Me 1. I wont lie when I was younger I didn't like it. I was extremely turned off by the cgi and found it lacking. Now being older since Toonami decided to re-air it I gave it another chance. I Like it. Its not a mind blowing series but I like it. In my older age I've become a bit more lenient the cgi doesn't bother me now. This allowed me notice the unique designs of the racers. On top of that I did notice it has a nice story to it.

2. I thought for its original airing it was popular am I wrong? for supposedly being a Toonami original I would think they would have worked/pushed it a bit more. I feel making the series a tad longer would have been okay. Except maybe mix up the story telling or perspective a bit. I didn't even realize there was 26 episodes two seasons.
I admit I wasn't exactly paying attention to how many episodes there were but a lot of the episodes are a like and fallow the same set up. Mixing this up a bit would have been nice.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jan 26, 2014 6:00 AM
Jul 2012
Haven't watched it, but I don't like it that I decided I won't watch it.

I don't know about that one. Maybe because they run out of money or it's unpopular. I don't know.
Jan 26, 2014 9:22 AM

Sep 2011
Hey Grandsteam, good seeing you post again!

1. I really liked what I have seen of IGPX. It's very well animated for it's time, the races are fun to watch, and it has a pretty nice story.

2. Actually, IGPX was not very popular at all. They advertised it quite a bit too. Parts of Season 2 were not even shown on Toonami due to low ratings and the season was finished off on late Friday nights on CN. It didn't do well enough for the network to consider to produce more than 26 episodes.
Jan 26, 2014 9:04 PM

Jun 2012
Thanks Kokiri-kid! Truthfully I thought it was just me. Like I said when I was younger I didn't like it. I didn't want to say it was unpopular if i didn't know. But since it seems to be the consensus its not liked I can understand them only making 26 episodes.

I feel kind of bad it being the first toonami original not going over well. I think it would have been a better effort to put more backing into samurai jack. The series was extremely popular, deep, and surprisingly violent. ( They got away with it though cause everything bled oil and goo). With the money and effort they put into IGPX they probably could have gotten Samurai jack finished.
Feb 2, 2014 7:01 PM

Jul 2012
My desire to go to sleep always overcomes my desire to watch more when IGPX comes on.
"I just hope the good lord knows, what this life is all about
'cause I'm in the same position as when I started out.
Now I know there's folk in hospitals who are far worse off than me,
Oh, but that don't mean to much when my spirit don't feel free."
- Mark Twain

Blues lovers go here. Jazz lovers go here. Cowboy Bebop music lovers go here.
Feb 3, 2014 8:43 AM

Nov 2012
cool I`ve got this Series on DVD well got 2 season`s 1 and 2 its all 26 Episodes from i know of.

Feb 9, 2014 11:17 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
IGPX is personally one of my favorite anime. I'm not really sure why, but it has a certain charm, a certain air to it that makes me love it. Maybe because it was co-produced by Toonami?

The music is perfect, and the overall premise is unique. I think characters get great development, and the art and animation look fantastic as well.
Mar 3, 2014 5:54 AM

Jun 2008
GrinfilledCelt said:
My desire to go to sleep always overcomes my desire to watch more when IGPX comes on.
DVR is. ;) Or watch CN-West since it's 3 hours behind CW-East.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Mar 3, 2014 7:20 AM

Jun 2012
GrinfilledCelt said:

Old topic but the above was true for me.
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Mar 5, 2014 7:06 PM

Jul 2012
It isn't that I get too sleepy. My desire to watch goes way down when that show comes on. It's already a mecha show that greatly strains my ability to suspend disbelief, but that ridiculous elevated track is unswallowable. Toss into the mix that the show is so badly written, acted and animated and suddenly I just want to go to sleep.
- Mark Twain

Mar 18, 2014 8:52 PM

Jun 2012
oh wow didn't know people were responding ha ha

I can honestly see the point of views from both sides "Grinfilledcelt" and "Todd_"

"Todd_" I defiantly see some of the charm. I also agree that the premise is unique I think that's the draw of the show =). I like the idea of an aggressive robot racing sport. Not going to lie just wish society would quit being prissy and make some violent sports lol

I'm also with "Grimfilledcelt" I personally think the mecha designs can be looked past but I do agree with the track. Its like hot wheels shit! I can see going with some neat track designs but come on haha. I don't find the actual animation all that annoying but the CGI is what drove me away way back in the day. Still does usually for me on a lot of things.
Mar 20, 2014 10:20 AM

Jun 2008
I have to suspend some, but given the speed these mecha attend (up to 350MPH) I think the loops could hold up to them. OTOH, I don't know the dimensions of the track, except for it's length. No other stats are given like the radius of loops, or the bankments of the curves, etc.

Mar 22, 2014 7:15 PM

Jul 2012
If you want a mecha racing show that is at least vaguely believable there is Ride Back. I was real disapointed that one only had 12 episodes.
- Mark Twain

Mar 30, 2014 6:30 PM

Jun 2012
Thanks for the recommendation. I'm going to be honest after looking into it its not something I'm into. the story doesn't appeal to me and the machines look just as fantastical if not more so in my opinion than grand prix =P

Also wont lie the biggest turn off for me is the huge amount of CGI I can stand CGI!
Mar 31, 2014 7:32 PM

Jul 2012
You see a lot more CGI than you know. These days, if you notice it's CGI they aren't doing it right.
- Mark Twain

Apr 8, 2014 2:58 PM

Mar 2014
Will Funimation rescue this series anytime soon?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 8, 2014 3:49 PM

Sep 2011
Chances are low but only time will tell.
Apr 13, 2014 12:15 PM

Jul 2012
You mean will Funimation get someone with a few brain cells actually hooked up to each other to re-write the script into something that isn't pure stupid, hiring VA's and artists with glimmerings of talent and re-making the show from scratch? What would be the point of gilding this turd?
- Mark Twain

Apr 13, 2014 12:32 PM

Sep 2011
No he meant rescue it as in they obtain the home video rights and put the already existing version back on the market. It would make no sense at all to remake IGPX when it was produced perfectly fine.
Apr 14, 2014 11:49 AM

Jun 2008
GrinfilledCelt said:
If you want a mecha racing show that is at least vaguely believable there is Ride Back. I was real disapointed that one only had 12 episodes.
I agree completely. This is a short series that would fit nicely in the Toonami lineup. Again, a question of rights to show it in the US.

GrinfilledCelt said:
You see a lot more CGI than you know. These days, if you notice it's CGI they aren't doing it right.
I notice it all the time with Disney and Pixar. I bet they aren't doing it right. ;)

Apr 14, 2014 5:44 PM

Apr 2014
This series was just filler for me so I could stay up for InuYasha. The series never quite gave me what I wanted from it, yet I ended up watching every week. When I think of mecha I think of how epic Gundam was for me when I was younger. I think Williams Street just did the English dubs for the episodes, so I don't believe it would ever be continued; or in my opinion should be.
---------My Profile------------
Apr 14, 2014 5:49 PM

Sep 2011
IGPX was dubbed by Bang Zoom Entertainment in California, but Williams Street was very closely involved with the dubbing process.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Create Your Own Toonami Lineup!

Kokiri-Kid - Sep 22, 2013

32 by CyrahOmega »»
Mar 8, 2:04 PM

» Toonami marathons

jonnjonzz - Oct 12, 2017

0 by jonnjonzz »»
Oct 12, 2017 7:27 PM

» What anime would you like to see added to the Toonami lineup in the future? ( 1 2 )

Groz - May 28, 2012

93 by GrinfilledCelt »»
Mar 8, 2016 1:45 PM

» How are the ratings?

JetFury - Mar 29, 2015

4 by JetFury »»
Apr 1, 2015 11:52 AM

» Weekly Toonami Episode Guide (2015)

Kokiri-Kid - Jan 1, 2015

9 by Kokiri-Kid »»
Feb 28, 2015 8:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.