Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 22, 2009 8:46 PM

Nov 2006
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
and it's over. was not surprised one bit about hiroshi leaving again.

older-hatchin's hair is disgusting D:
i was surprised she had a baby...she didn't really seem the type to do that, especially since the guy was the type to run out. guess it runs in the family?

glad they showed them reuniting rather than just cutting to black.

some QUALITY, some weird bits, but overall, it was enjoyable. gave it a low 7.
Mar 22, 2009 9:22 PM

Jul 2008
windy said:
older-hatchin's hair is disgusting D:
i was surprised she had a baby...she didn't really seem the type to do that, especially since the guy was the type to run out. guess it runs in the family?

qft qft qft :( That was fairly surprising(and at least to me, upsetting), to say the least.

At any rate, a solid ending to a show that was fairly across the board. A little slow towards center, but an enjoyable ride with a hell of an ending at any rate. Giving it a seven as well.

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Mar 23, 2009 1:03 AM

Sep 2007
Yeah, Hatchin should have grown her hair out. >.>

I'm pleased with the ending. I'm glad they didn't change Hiroshi's character to make it a happy ending.

And I'll be the third 7/10. Sometimes very impressive, other times not, but pretty good in the end.
Mar 23, 2009 2:47 AM

Oct 2008
Yeah I liked the ending too. Nothing too outrageous, which was good to see.
I admit my interest in the anime dropped a lot eps 5-12, but after then I really started to enjoy it. Ended up giving it a low 9/10.
The art is among my favorite in anime.
Mar 23, 2009 4:47 AM

Feb 2008
naikou said:
Yeah, Hatchin should have grown her hair out. >.>

Yah, true. I really liked the end.
The anime was enjoyable. Yeah, there were some decent episodes. But overall it was pretty nice to watch.
The soundtrack was awesome.

9/10
Mar 23, 2009 4:47 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Nice final, well done. Really liked the series and especially the awesome music. Hope I can get my hands on the OST sometime. 8/10

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Mar 23, 2009 4:57 AM

Jul 2008
Michiko was searching for her lover and Hatchin was searching for the father she never knew, but in the end it was there bond that became family and lasted to there reunion without Hiroshi even being in the picture. I thought that was awsome. The ending was good except for hatchin looking weird and having a child.
Three Thousand Realms in a Single Moment
Mar 23, 2009 7:39 AM
Feb 2008
nice ending ,I have to agree good that Michiko meet Hatchin in the ed I was starting to think that she died or something at beginning of the episode
anyway good anime 7/10 ^^
Mar 23, 2009 10:34 AM

Oct 2008
This was a great final episode. The ending made me D'AWWWW. I give this series an 8. Sometimes good, sometimes not, but mostly great.
Mar 23, 2009 11:23 AM

Dec 2007
It was a pretty good finale, nothing mindblowing though.

I never really got into this series, and towards the end I really just watched it for the sake of finishing...gets a 6/10 from me.

Mar 23, 2009 12:00 PM

Jul 2008
nice finale.....although i wonder: aren't there any nice guys in south america?^^ well great show 9/10 =) and yeah, i agree about hatchin's hairstyle...
Take a look at the world and laugh. -Januzs Korczak
Mar 23, 2009 12:27 PM

Jun 2008
I liked the ending though I wish Hatchin had grown her hair out too.

This was one of my favorite animes ever though there were a couple of not-so-good episodes and some parts were a little dumb. 8/10
Mar 23, 2009 2:01 PM

Aug 2008
This ending was different, but slightly better than I thought it would be. I'm with you guys in being surprised Hana had a baby and a daddy that left her. We still don't know who Hana's mother is exactly, but I guess it's fine.

Did Michiko finish her time, or did she break out again? It seems like she finished her time. Well, this definitely started out quite strong, got wonky in places, but managed to coherently close itself, so 7/10 for me.
Mar 23, 2009 2:34 PM
Jun 2008
A good ending, perfectly fitting to the show. It gets 10/10 from me.

And Hatchin did look ugly with that hair :D
Mar 23, 2009 3:16 PM

Sep 2007
noteDhero said:
This ending was different, but slightly better than I thought it would be. I'm with you guys in being surprised Hana had a baby and a daddy that left her. We still don't know who Hana's mother is exactly, but I guess it's fine.

Woah, hold on there. I thought we knew it was Michiko, given the fact that there can't be too many children with that particular tattoo.

Also, I'd say the fact that the baby is a mini-Michiko is relatively strong evidence that she's Michiko's granddaughter.
Mar 23, 2009 3:22 PM

Aug 2008
A tattoo isn't hereditary, and I believe that Hana asked her if she was her mom in the very beginning and she said "no." Not to mention time-wise it doesn't really make sense with Hiroshi "blowing up" and Michiko getting framed and Hana being a newborn. Oh and skin wise Hana is super fair and looks just like Hiroshi. I know it's stupid to talk realism, but those genes just wouldn't totally favor him.

It is strong evidence, but they don't look alike. The baby is much darker than Hana.
Mar 23, 2009 3:30 PM
Dec 2007
It felt like there was only a very slim plot line in the end and almost only one theme in the whole show. It was a moderately good adventure, with a great art and animation, but I'm not too fond of the rest. I'm quite angry at Manglobe for having messed up such a great idea though. It could have been better if only it had been a 1 hour 45 movie or so, the 9 hours-series format didn't do it justice and more than half of the episodes were fillers, and bad fillers at that.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 23, 2009 3:49 PM

Sep 2007
noteDhero said:
A tattoo isn't hereditary, and I believe that Hana asked her if she was her mom in the very beginning and she said "no."

Really? I don't remember that. It's possible that I could have forgotten, I guess.

noteDhero said:
Oh and skin wise Hana is super fair and looks just like Hiroshi. I know it's stupid to talk realism, but those genes just wouldn't totally favor him.

Well... Michiko would have known what color her baby was when she was born, so it's not like she could have gotten that confused later on in life.

Basically it comes down to that quote you mentioned - if Michiko says she's Hana's mother, I'd say that's pretty reliable. If she says she isn't Hana's mother, than she definitely isn't.
Mar 23, 2009 4:04 PM

Jun 2008
At the beginning I feared for distorted and prejudiced visions of the setting, but in the end this series impressed me with it's maturity, the characters are strong and very well developed throughout the series, and other points like soundtrack, animation and background art were astounding. It definitely stood out as the best anime for both seasons it ran(autumn and winter), even with some heavy competition like Casshern and Natsume Yuujinchou.

10/10
Mar 23, 2009 5:08 PM

Oct 2007
I'm glad that Michiko and Hana got to meet up again but as a whole this episode kind of ended with a whimper. It felt a bit anti-climatic for me. The main thing was to get those two together. That's what I wanted to see so I wasn't disappointed with that.

I n-th the comment about Hana's new hair cut. Blagh!

As others have said it gets a 7/10 from me as well.

If we got 80% or higher let me know! :)
Mar 23, 2009 6:57 PM

Apr 2008
Not bad. I was surprised she had the baby, but glad they reunited. 8/10
Mar 23, 2009 7:47 PM

Nov 2007
noteDhero said:
A tattoo isn't hereditary, and I believe that Hana asked her if she was her mom in the very beginning and she said "no." Not to mention time-wise it doesn't really make sense with Hiroshi "blowing up" and Michiko getting framed and Hana being a newborn. Oh and skin wise Hana is super fair and looks just like Hiroshi. I know it's stupid to talk realism, but those genes just wouldn't totally favor him.

It is strong evidence, but they don't look alike. The baby is much darker than Hana.

michiko is made out to be her mom. it is possible for a baby to look completely like one parent and not the other. also hatchin's baby looks and acts like michiko. i doubt they would have thrown that reference in there for no reason.

i am dropping this to a 7 bc the meeting up with hiroshi was done poorly. im chasing you, oh you caught me, and thats it. at least punch the guy or something. his response did not dignify his actions at all.
Mar 23, 2009 8:05 PM

Jan 2008
The art was excellent, The Music was great. I really enjoyied the series. I looked forward to every epi, and saved all the 720P's

My actions indicate I would rate 8/10
Mar 23, 2009 10:29 PM

Jul 2008
If you look at the timeline of the series, Michiko was in prison when Hana was born. She was the proof that Michiko needed, To know that Hiroshi was still alive. Everyone thought he died on the bus except Michiko Michiko wasnt even sure if it was Hiroshi's daughter till she checked the tatoo on her stomach.
Three Thousand Realms in a Single Moment
Mar 23, 2009 10:55 PM

Nov 2007
Well, this was really what the whole series a 5/10 ending until the flash forward for a usually merely mediocre, sometimes supremely awful series - in this case, the 5/10 mediocre boring crap being the first 14 minutes~, the supremely awful the 1/10 last 6~. This actually underachieves in a way that makes Wolf's Rain look impressive; maybe the next effort we will get something good instead.
Elsewhere, a somewhat startled Warren Worthington III finds that he has accidentally wandered into an electrified east-side world of post-twist teens and watsui-ing teeny-boppers...
Mar 23, 2009 11:30 PM
Jan 2009
I feel kindda traumatized ha, I wanted some sort of happy ending... even thou it was bittersweet I guess.

I didn't like Michiko returning to jail and Hatchin growing up alone, : ( : ( : (

I'm gonna make up an ending I would have liked in my head lol ; _ ;
red_fangMar 23, 2009 11:34 PM
Mar 24, 2009 8:55 AM
Oct 2008
The ending had just the right feeling to me. I'm impressed with the series overall with their choices of storyline and I bow down before the art and music. They also conveyed an amazing feeling for the cultural setting and remained faithful to it in character, music, sounds, and visual style all the way through.
Mar 24, 2009 3:16 PM
Jun 2008
Holland_Kai said:
If you look at the timeline of the series, Michiko was in prison when Hana was born. She was the proof that Michiko needed, To know that Hiroshi was still alive. Everyone thought he died on the bus except Michiko Michiko wasnt even sure if it was Hiroshi's daughter till she checked the tatoo on her stomach.

Exactly! Michiko was in prison when she realized that Hiroshi had a baby. So she can't be her mother.
Wind_FalconMay 3, 2014 3:27 PM
Mar 24, 2009 3:55 PM

Feb 2008
The perfect ending to a randomly awesome show. Who cares if Michiko and Hatchin are related, they care about each other and that's all that matters. 8/10.
Mar 25, 2009 12:51 AM
Jul 2018
The show didn't seem to match the awesomeness set by episode 01, but it was still alright regardless. Good music, good animation, but the story/pacing could have improved. 7/10
Mar 25, 2009 1:09 AM

Jul 2008
Grimmm said:
Not bad. I was surprised she had the baby, but glad they reunited. 8/10
Mar 25, 2009 8:23 AM

Nov 2007
Like most said, Hatchin hair was abit disgusting, lol
Was glad that Michiko and Hatchin meet up again, was nice
Giving it a 10 Lol
Based on enjoyment, and the unique-ness of this series. Not everyday you find a series that was based on somewhere else, other than japan. And the artwork was beautiful too ^^
Mar 25, 2009 10:18 AM

Oct 2008
I didn't like the baby. It was uncharacteristic for Hatchin.
9/10 for me but I wish it was less dramatic but I'm glad that they reunited. As expected, Hiroshi is an asshole... trying to escape everytime news about Michiko breaks? talking about coinsedence.
Mar 25, 2009 10:21 AM

Oct 2008
crazy_eights said:
noteDhero said:

michiko is made out to be her mom. it is possible for a baby to look completely like one parent and not the other. also hatchin's baby looks and acts like michiko. i doubt they would have thrown that reference in there for no reason.

i am dropping this to a 7 bc the meeting up with hiroshi was done poorly. im chasing you, oh you caught me, and thats it. at least punch the guy or something. his response did not dignify his actions at all.

I totally agree. It's ironic... her biological dad wasn't acting like he should when Michiko did things real mothers wouldn't do to unite Hatchin with her father.
Mar 25, 2009 11:59 AM
Jan 2008
Nihilist said:
nice finale.....although i wonder: aren't there any nice guys in south america?^^

I normally think that irony is stupid, but now I say *LOL* *LOL* [irony for my part]
uncivilized_oneMar 25, 2009 4:35 PM
Mar 25, 2009 4:22 PM

Mar 2008
I'm gonna come out and say it, then. Best fucking anime I've watched in forever. Brilliant characters, gorgeous animation, fabulous music, pitch-perfect ending. I nearly cried.
Mar 25, 2009 5:10 PM

Sep 2007
A very good ending, for a very good series for me.
Michiko is love <3
8/10

Mar 25, 2009 9:06 PM

Jun 2007
Rofl Hatchin's dream at the start or the series about her dad coming out of a truck to pick her up on the highway ended up being her coming out of the same truck to pick up Michiko :D.

I was disappointed with the whole Hatchin meeting her dad thing. That part was a major let down and felt out of place and bland. I guess it's true that her dad isn't like what everyone thinks. He just goes with the flow and changes his personality accordingly.

Still not sure who Hatchin's real mom is. I'm also not sure why Michiko promised Satoshi that she would take care of Hatchin if something happened to him (she says this in the first episode). She would have had to promise before hand, so she must have known about Hatchin while she was in jail.

Hatchin's daughter resembles Michiko so it makes it confusing weather or not their related somehow.

Overall I liked the story all the way up to the last ep. Then it just fell flat.
Mar 26, 2009 12:10 AM
Oct 2007
This was a whirlwind anime, seeming to go of on tangents and rarely back on the story though it did seem to have a point which was the slow bonding of Michiko and Hana. Its not suprising with what happened with Hiroshi, after keeping on running and he was caught he turned into the wimp Michiko remembered growing up, though i was hoping he would grow a backbone. I was a little suprised with the ending, I was expecting Hana to start getting wilder like Michiko maby even breaking her out of jail, but that didnt happen. She looked nothing like Michiko when she got older but her baby did( which we never saw the stomach to see if the tatoo was on her as well), I do agree i didnt expect her to have a child too, and its almost fitting if not sad that the father runs from her after 3 months, like the other man that was in her life (her father). The ending did prove that Hana was smart as she figured it out, and i did love the reunion scene at the end. Though i was hoping for something more dramatic than that it was sweet but kind of lackluster compared to the rest of the anime. over all i give this anime 6/10 i was expecting alot more, but i wasn't too disappointed.
Mar 26, 2009 3:12 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
crazy_eights said:
the meeting up with hiroshi was done poorly. im chasing you, oh you caught me, and thats it. at least punch the guy or something. his response did not dignify his actions at all.
yup. he's an ass.

i think i'll give this a 9/10 just because the art was awesome.
p r o f i l e 👀
Mar 26, 2009 10:18 AM

Sep 2008
It was a pretty cool anime, good start.. blah middle.. decent end. I'll give it a 8/10 ^^

Mar 26, 2009 11:56 AM

Jun 2008
Yeah, the ending i wanted :)

In the end the main plot had nothing to do with Hiroshi. It was all about the bond between these two memorable characters. And the promises were ketp till the end. Satisfying series to me, totally saved my season.

8/10, just because the soundtrack gets over9000/10 to me. Best thing ever.
Mar 26, 2009 4:59 PM

Jan 2008
Wow, horrible scores for a PRETTY COOL anime. The quallity of the animation IS ABSOLUTELY PERFECT. Brazil has been incarnated in the most accurate way that I've seen. Absolutely AMAZING the music, I love you KASSIN! Really I need these soundtracks, absolutely AWESOME the managment of the sound: PERFECT. I have to say, AMAZING character development, really amazing! And, of course, amazing enjoyment, I was wating for the ep of Michiko ALL THE WEEK, and IT WORTH A LOT.

No words, no words, really. Perfect. 10/10.
Mar 26, 2009 8:33 PM

Apr 2008
To be honest, this anime does have some slow parts where things drag on and the story is rather thin but what makes up for that is the fact it is episodic like a Bebop or Champloo where there is a loose storyline and it slowly builds up to the endgame of the story by quietly and subtly revealing knowledge about the characters. You could see the growth between Hatchin and Michiko and you can see how their meeting went from being kind of at odds of one another to growing into a family that did truly love one another. Some might be picky about the plot of this anime but to me, the way it is initially structured, it was a fitting telling of a tale like this.

Now even though story isn't as epic or great as it possibly could have been, maybe 3-4 more episodes to build more into it, the art work and animation of this show for the most part was absolutely stunning and phenomenal. So much detail and color and effort was put into it, it truly was a sight to behold. The problem here though however is it did get sloppy and quite weird looking near the last 3-4 episodes but overall had one of the best designs in years for an anime. You could sense that it had almost a Latin American Lupin feel to it with it's comedy, artwork and overall style and to me, being a Lupin fan, is a plus and adds to it.

The music was also fantastic and something you would expect from someone like Watanabe. It's really great sounding with great mixes of rock, jazz and salsa. Some might complain how they didn't mix up the opening and closing songs but they were very solid and pleasing. The use of timed music was great in it.

Overall, Michiko e Hatchin is a great series that if you can get past some of it's bad spots such as the somewhat sparse story and glitchy animation toward the end, it's very enjoyable. If you really don't like episodic anime where it jumps around and slowly tells a loosely held story, then this won't be for you but overall it's a enjoyable show.

Hopefully this show gets licensed, doubtful but wishful thinking

I'll give it an 8/10 (8.5/10)
Mar 28, 2009 7:20 AM

Jun 2008
Hatchin having a kid was really surprising.

Overall, it was good at times, bad at times, and decent at times.
Apr 2, 2009 7:09 AM

Oct 2007
Heh, I'm a sucker for short hair girls, I really thought she looked cute like that. A lot cuter then her younger short hair version anyway.From the beginning of the episode I was hoping we would get to see grown up Hana, and I wasn't disappointed.

I really enjoyed the ride this show gave me and am more then satisfied with the ending. I knew from the start of the episode Hiroshi was going to be a crappy dad tho.

10/10 for the whole show from me since I enjoyed this so much as a whole.

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
Apr 2, 2009 7:49 PM

Apr 2008
I have to say it took a bit for me to get into this series, but it was worth the time and I'm glad I stuck with it.

I think Hatchin's new look as Hana was great, short hair and all. They baby was kind of surprising but not completely unimaginable. Hey accidents happen at that age.
Apr 3, 2009 4:27 AM

Jan 2008
Her hair, what? Stupid Hiroshi running off again, there was completely no point in finding him in the first place D:
Glad Hatchin and Michiko reunited at the end.
Apr 15, 2009 11:12 PM
Dec 2007
southdkotaboy said:
They baby was kind of surprising but not completely unimaginable. Hey accidents happen at that age.
It may have been around the time when Hiroshi decided to up and abandon her...AGAIN. Then again, Hana really didn't give a damn, since she expected him to be an ass already.

Hiroshi... well the only one who truly understood Hiroshi was Hana. She realized the guy was a coward who ran away at the first sign of trouble, and who just went with the flow. Petty thief, syndicate bigshot, scientist, small-time actor. The guy can become anything with his silver tongue and "nice-guy" act. He even got Satoshi and Michiko pretty much at odds against one another thanks to it.

So yeah, thanks to all that the end of the road felt unsatysfying. To the end Michiko kept being a teenager in love, trapped by Hiroshi's good looks. Satoshi died protecting Hatchin, which was sort of bittersweet. He brought that end to himself, but he actually showed some sort of compassion to someone, which made his death a bit more dramatic.

So, kid aside (tomboy Hana with a kid...it's a bit hard to swallow to tell the truth), this anime was a bit of a rollercoaster. Awesome at times, a complete snoozefest at others, but when it found it's rythim it could draw you in. I'll give it a 7/10. Great animation and music, with some up and downs in pacing and a so-so ending.

Apr 16, 2009 11:43 AM

Jan 2009
What? Hana should't be pregnant. Shes the responsible one. I'm more disappointed about the fact that their isn't any doujin of Michiko.

"Black holes are where God divided by zero"-Steven Wright
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Michiko to Hatchin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

angel999 - Nov 12, 2008

104 by prozyne »»
Jan 30, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Michiko to Hatchin Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Oct 29, 2008

82 by prozyne »»
Jan 28, 5:38 AM

» music in this series

abyss_will - Jan 20, 2019

5 by abyss_will »»
Jan 22, 11:40 PM

Poll: » Michiko to Hatchin Episode 16 Discussion

simo000 - Mar 14, 2009

40 by Destroyer31 »»
Oct 4, 2023 7:25 PM

Poll: » Michiko to Hatchin Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kokujin-kun - Dec 4, 2008

75 by Destroyer31 »»
Oct 4, 2023 7:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.