Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 22, 2009 11:44 AM

May 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
1000 points up for Accelerator!

I literally cried, at the part where that one lady was in the hospital, and he talked about her heart vessel being saved.

Can't wait to see more Loli Misaka and Accelerator development.

Thread was lost from the MAL downtime?

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Mar 23, 2009 5:17 AM

Jan 2008
Good on ya Accelerator.
Mar 30, 2009 1:44 PM

Aug 2008
I didn't want Accelerator to die, and at least he didn't!! I was worried there for a sec..
Apr 6, 2009 6:12 PM

Jan 2009
Honestly, Accelerator would a main character much better than Touma.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 20, 2009 5:36 PM

Aug 2008
ukonkivi said:
1000 points up for Accelerator!

I literally cried, at the part where that one lady was in the hospital, and he talked about her heart vessel being saved.

Was rather heart warming.

Last Order was too adorable.
Oct 9, 2009 1:54 PM

Jul 2009
So there was some good in that boy after all, I wonder if this was the last we did see oh him though hearing that he got pretty banged up.
And by the sound of things it would take some time and effort to heal him again.

Liked the doctors part too, seems likehe is a really knowledgeable and skilled old man, even though he got a bit funny appearance =P
Jan 4, 2010 2:48 PM

Jun 2008
I so teared up, I really want to see some more development between Accelerator and Last Order! I seriously loved this arc more than the whole series. This arc also ended with THAT DAMN DOCTOR! Roflll, not looking forward to another ep without Accelerator now~
Jan 13, 2010 2:53 PM

Jun 2009
w... t... f...

and there I was thinking that accelerator will be a nice edition to Kimijyo Faction or whatnot...

Guess it's another spin off T_T I actually enjoyed this arc a lot more than the whole 18 episode before...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 19, 2010 5:11 PM

Aug 2009
Damn it Accelerator, don't die on me man. If you die, you're fucking ugly. He got a heart afterall. I thought he's just one of those serial killers with no heart. YOU GO ACCELERATOR!

Not only he saved the life of that researcher girl but also the life of Last Order. Fuck man, he's good. The guy researcher got pwned badly. At first when he thought Accelerator was dead, he was laughing like a chicken, but after Accelerator stood up, he kinda like cried, lmfao.

Looking forward to Accelerator and Last Order Misaka development although that wouldn't happen if Accelerator died, so DOCTOR, FUCKING SAVE HIM AIGHT?
Mar 13, 2010 4:20 PM

May 2009
WHAAAT?!?!
Accelerator, the psycho murderer who brutally killed over TEN-THOUSAND of my cute MISAKAS laughing like a lunatic suddenly becomes a a good person?!? WHY?!
That doesn't make any sense at all!!

...but, when did this bloody series ever make sense, eh...-.-
Mar 20, 2010 10:35 AM
Mar 2010
MikeOnHighway61 said:
WHAAAT?!?!
Accelerator, the psycho murderer who brutally killed over TEN-THOUSAND of my cute MISAKAS laughing like a lunatic suddenly becomes a a good person?!? WHY?!

Last Order kinda explained that herself, bro
Mar 22, 2010 7:09 AM

May 2009
sojikai said:
MikeOnHighway61 said:
WHAAAT?!?!

Last Order kinda explained that herself, bro

wow, he talked to them before killing them, dabbling in their blood, he's such a humanitarian fella...-.-
Apr 23, 2010 5:24 AM

Aug 2008
Oh wow. Didn't know Accelerator had that in him.

And what a whackjob that Amai Ao is. He just keeps getting back up!
From being stomped on by Accelerator, injuring his hand and getting shot at by Yoshikawa, he never dies! =.=
May 18, 2010 12:14 PM

Apr 2010
I didn't like this episode. Every scene on this one were damn predictable.

Every story arc ends in the same way on this show. To save the world, someone has to be sacrificed but a good guy finds a way to save the world without sacrificing her. Instead, the good guy seems to be dead but he wakes up in the hospital, cured by Dr. Frog.
Jul 5, 2010 2:58 PM

Jun 2009
screambloodygore said:

Every story arc ends in the same way on this show. To save the world, someone has to be sacrificed but a good guy finds a way to save the world without sacrificing her. Instead, the good guy seems to be dead but he wakes up in the hospital, cured by Dr. Frog.

True, but I still liked it.
Oct 6, 2010 4:19 PM

Nov 2009
Great episode with Accelerator and Last Order.
Oct 15, 2010 11:09 PM

Jun 2009
Wow, that was without a doubt stupid. Seriously, this shows unwillingness to kill characters off is ridiculous of the proportions of Mai Hime.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Dec 20, 2010 5:40 PM

Sep 2008
AirStyles said:
I actually enjoyed this arc a lot more than the whole 18 episode before...

This.

screambloodygore said:

Although, this also makes sense. I actually didn't think about it, but yeah. The doctor is too good to be true -- he must have some super esper ability, no?

I still really liked the episode!
Dec 28, 2010 9:45 PM

Oct 2010
this was an absolute amazing episode, Accelerator was just heart warming, and so was Misika.

Tumblr |  Anime List | 🌷🌼

Dec 31, 2010 1:47 AM

Apr 2008
A really amazing episode indeed. I did really like, and also found really heart-warming how our cold, psycho villain ended up turning a good guy for the adorable girl Last Order is. Also... it is true that this show has its predictable parts, but this doesn't go for all of it, specially in this episode. At the last of it, I did really think Accelerator was dead, twice.

On a side note, did someone else notice that Last Order's personality source code was HTML for what appears to be a book site?
Jan 3, 2011 5:20 AM

May 2009
haha nc 1 accelerator =))
Jan 17, 2011 8:55 PM

Aug 2010
My favorite arc so far.
Jan 28, 2011 8:54 AM

Oct 2008
Great two episode break from Touma I hope we see a lot more of him and the little misaka in the next season! Great episodes.
Feb 24, 2011 9:23 AM

Jul 2010
There there, good job Accelerator. =)
You save two lives even though your brain got damaged afterwards. Can't wait to see more of Accelerator with Touma though.

New ED's OK I guess. Don't know why they'd change the ED for just the last four episodes though. =S

Next episode's going to introduce a lot of new character it seems! =O
OnyxthegreatFeb 24, 2011 10:03 AM

Apr 16, 2011 12:29 PM
Jul 2010
I gotta say, I did think Accelerator was dead for a second. The guy was just awesome in this episode. The way he wanted to save Last Order and redeem himself was just... so heartwarming. And when they the doctor said he was the one that saved the researcher by controlling the blood flow I really felt like crying. I hope he'll be alright. I'd also like to see more of Last Order. I don't think I'll ever get tired of Misaka clones - they're all awesome thought the original is not a bad character herself.
Apr 22, 2011 4:45 AM

Nov 2008
The best arc. of the whole show <3
May 29, 2011 4:41 PM

Jul 2010
that was a weird arc..... can we get back to the main stuff, iunoo somthing maybe INDEX related!?!?!

Aug 4, 2011 3:11 PM

Oct 2009
Accelerator is definitely one of the best characters.
Sep 21, 2011 11:27 AM

Nov 2008
This arc was totally the best one yet. They should, like, rename this show to To Aru GAR no Accelerator.

Or not. Whatever.
Feb 29, 2012 11:12 PM

Sep 2011
screambloodygore said:

Well, I liked it because it actually created some "mystery" on the background of the doctor - I wonder if he's actually a Magician or Esper. Also, TECHNICALLY Accelerator was a bad guy before he turned good, soo..
Jul 1, 2012 11:15 PM

Jun 2012
Why did that guy who stole little Misaka drive right into Accelerator? Doesn’t he know his power? Why not turn the car around and drive the other way? And what up with the little clone Misaka? She’s definitely more of a robot than a clone. Am I right? I’m calling bullshit on this, they are not clones, they are freaking robots from the way they act/ their maintenance, etc. It would have made more sense if they just called them robots. Also, how come that crazy guy Amai just conveniently had a spare loaded gun in his pocket after his first one got blown away? Who carries two guns with them like that? Bullshit! How is it that Accelerator cares so much for this on little girl when he has cruelly slaughtered 10,000 of her? To me it looked like he enjoyed killing the Misakas’ up until then. Now all of a sudden he’s actually cares so much that he’s going to give his life to protect her? If he actually cared in the first place, then he shouldn’t have killed the 10,000 Misakas’ that he did. It’s not like someone forced him to kill the Misakas right? He’s the strongest after all, who could possibly force him? And why did that researcher girl take her time to talk and give a chance for Amai to shoot her like that? Not only did she almost throw her life away, but what would’ve happened to Accelerator and the girl if she died and they didn’t make it to the hospital? Freaking stupid person… Also another thing that’s bullshit is the fact that accelerator was able to stop her from dying while lying on the floor unconscious. Another thing that really bothers me is how they were able to make it to the hospital when no one else was there to take them there. There are so many plot holes that it’s disgusting. This little review of this one episode is reason enough why animes should seriously consider improving their logic/ the logic they want the audience to buy into. Just saying, this aspect of the anime needs serious refinement.
Never go full retard
Jul 7, 2012 2:45 PM

Aug 2008
I knew Accelerator wasn't a bad guy! Even though he does have crazy eyes sometimes....lol
Aug 21, 2012 8:49 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
I KNEW Accelerator had feelings for Last Order!!! I almost cried for Accelerator @_@ when he got shot! He TOOK the bullet knowing he can't deflect it to reverse the virus!!! Accelerator, u are insane, but a good man! Only thing that bugs me was the ep didn't really show if That bastarddd Amai died, though i assume he have. I read the Index wiki, and it says he has...YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! LOLOLOL
張大です for 張大勇督察
Dec 23, 2012 7:39 AM

Jun 2009
What's weird is that the show basically acted like we have an understanding of the two scientists relationship....when we clearly don't . Either it's just bad writing or this all is going to somehow going to be important going forward. The doctor practically screams "important", though. Either way, I wasn't that crazy for this episode.
Ston3_FreeN7Dec 23, 2012 7:43 AM
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Dec 24, 2012 2:04 PM

Aug 2011
insan3soldiern said:
What's weird is that the show basically acted like we have an understanding of the two scientists relationship....when we clearly don't . Either it's just bad writing or this all is going to somehow going to be important going forward. The doctor practically screams "important", though. Either way, I wasn't that crazy for this episode.

Eh, the novels go much more in depth about pretty much everything in the series, so blaming the writing probably isn't fair. You can probably blame the Anime though.
The arcs before God's Right Seat begins are seemingly irrelevant to each other, but that GRS arc ties this stuff back into it.
Soge_king999Dec 24, 2012 2:21 PM
Dec 24, 2012 2:20 PM

Jun 2009
soge_king999 said:
insan3soldiern said:

Eh, the novels go much more in depth about pretty much everything in the series, so blaming the writing probably isn't fair. You can probably blame the Anime though... Both the frog-faced doctor and the woman are quite relevant in the series later.
''

Yeah, my bad. By "writing" I meant adapting to the anime. I should probably check out the novels sometime. I kind of get the feeling I'll end up liking the novels much more..like how I feel about Fate/stay.

- Geralt of Rivia
Dec 25, 2012 2:03 PM

Aug 2011
insan3soldiern said:
soge_king999 said:
insan3soldiern said:

Eh, the novels go much more in depth about pretty much everything in the series, so blaming the writing probably isn't fair. You can probably blame the Anime though... Both the frog-faced doctor and the woman are quite relevant in the series later.
''

Yeah, my bad. By "writing" I meant adapting to the anime. I should probably check out the novels sometime. I kind of get the feeling I'll end up liking the novels much more..like how I feel about Fate/stay.

I highly recommend the novels. The Anime is kinda meh for the most part, and at times quite painful to watch. The novels, on the other hand, are some of my favorites, mostly for volumes 12 through 22.
Jan 31, 2013 4:21 PM

May 2012
That was some nice stuff, really thought he was dead there when he got shot in the head, hopefully we'll start with something new next!
Apr 28, 2013 9:11 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

Vote down for not giving enough time to this arc is just a stopgap for not addressing the main story and lengthen the stock! But to save this episode is the ending a little on edge makes us stay just long enough to worry about ! Accelerator is rehabilitated and thanks to that, we also have the Railgun series of S to show us again the sisters, who knows if you'll see even the small Misaka!
Jun 1, 2013 8:20 PM
Jan 2013
Meh. Some cute moments, but the whole Heel/Face Turn was pretty lame, and Wow, this show is really getting stupid about not killing characters.
Your mean should be an even bell curve only if you watch every show that comes out. Having a high-slung mean doesn't mean you're rating improperly. It can also mean you're selecting shows well to watch mostly things you enjoy.
Jun 24, 2013 6:27 AM

Dec 2010
Great episode, Accelerator is really a my favorite now. I hope he will regain his speech and powers one day.

The new ED is nice.
Jul 6, 2013 3:31 AM

May 2013
At first i really hate accelerator because im only watching railgun now that i started watching index i started to like accelerator now accelerator is my favorite character in index and railgun.
Jul 6, 2013 3:48 AM

May 2013
from 8-10 it became 9-10 only because of episodes 19 and 20
Jul 25, 2013 11:51 PM

Dec 2012
After watching episode I asked myself, "so now I have to like Accelerator" I said after a while, "definitely not", that he saved two people, does not make him a good person it is not enough after what he did.
Jul 26, 2013 3:15 AM

Aug 2009
SkubiXTX said:
After watching episode I asked myself, "so now I have to like Accelerator" I said after a while, "definitely not", that he saved two people, does not make him a good person it is not enough after what he did.
Yeah "two people".Even if it was like this, that is enough.
Aug 2, 2013 12:56 PM

Jan 2013
For a minute I thought MISAKA said Mamasa Mamakusa xD But this episode proves that Accelerator has a heart (Or he found his heart in the form of a loli.)

Also mad props for him. He is now Officially a good guy. An all it took was a loli. Lolis are the keys to world peace!
yaminogame91Aug 2, 2013 1:00 PM
Aug 2, 2013 1:14 PM

Jan 2013
5HAD0WFREAK said:
Why did that guy who stole little Misaka drive right into Accelerator? Doesn’t he know his power? Why not turn the car around and drive the other way? And what up with the little clone Misaka? She’s definitely more of a robot than a clone. Am I right? I’m calling bullshit on this, they are not clones, they are freaking robots from the way they act/ their maintenance, etc. It would have made more sense if they just called them robots. Also, how come that crazy guy Amai just conveniently had a spare loaded gun in his pocket after his first one got blown away? Who carries two guns with them like that? Bullshit! How is it that Accelerator cares so much for this on little girl when he has cruelly slaughtered 10,000 of her? To me it looked like he enjoyed killing the Misakas’ up until then. Now all of a sudden he’s actually cares so much that he’s going to give his life to protect her? If he actually cared in the first place, then he shouldn’t have killed the 10,000 Misakas’ that he did. It’s not like someone forced him to kill the Misakas right? He’s the strongest after all, who could possibly force him? And why did that researcher girl take her time to talk and give a chance for Amai to shoot her like that? Not only did she almost throw her life away, but what would’ve happened to Accelerator and the girl if she died and they didn’t make it to the hospital? Freaking stupid person… Also another thing that’s bullshit is the fact that accelerator was able to stop her from dying while lying on the floor unconscious. Another thing that really bothers me is how they were able to make it to the hospital when no one else was there to take them there. There are so many plot holes that it’s disgusting. This little review of this one episode is reason enough why animes should seriously consider improving their logic/ the logic they want the audience to buy into. Just saying, this aspect of the anime needs serious refinement.

To answer your question: maybe Accelerator is a lolicon and he couldn't kill the last one because of it. /trollface
Aug 2, 2013 1:20 PM

Aug 2009
yaminogame91 said:
5HAD0WFREAK said:

To answer your question: maybe Accelerator is a lolicon and he couldn't kill the last one because of it. /trollface

He could have answered all of this himself if he actually paid attention but nvm.
Oct 22, 2013 10:26 AM
Dec 2012
Loved this episode even though some parts were predictable. Heartwarming ending.
Dec 5, 2013 10:30 PM

Nov 2012
so in the end accelerator is a good guy?
damn a good episode :3
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» So, Where is Index 4?

BerriesSan - Apr 14

2 by BerriesSan »»
Apr 15, 9:12 AM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cabaret - Mar 18, 2009

279 by R2Doucebag »»
Mar 27, 8:18 PM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

AkariChan - Feb 5, 2009

155 by 8iman »»
Jan 14, 3:53 PM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

slayer545-sama - Nov 29, 2008

205 by DebiPS »»
Jan 11, 5:06 PM

Poll: » Index - probably the most annoying character ever. ( 1 2 )

Rodaa - Jan 24, 2014

74 by Kayfee »»
Dec 6, 2023 11:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.